Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If anyone deserves a rematch with Valuev, it Holy, not Ruiz!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Col Reb
I just saw the news that the Valuev-Chagaev fight is cancelled. Then I read where Ruiz is demanding a purse bid for a third fight with the giant. The WBA needs to do us all a favor and not allow this to happen. We've seen that fight twice, and it is not something we want to see again. If anyone was screwed by the judges, it was Holyfield. While that was a boring fight too, he has a case for the mandated rematch. Plus, I'd love to see him get the belt one more time. Otherwise, we need to let Valuev move toward unification with a Klitschko or a fight with a meaningful contender like Arreola. This deal does nothing for the heavyweight division!
King Eugene
QUOTE (Col Reb @ May 29 2009, 10:45 PM) *
I just saw the news that the Valuev-Chagaev fight is cancelled. Then I read where Ruiz is demanding a purse bid for a third fight with the giant. The WBA needs to do us all a favor and not allow this to happen. We've seen that fight twice, and it is not something we want to see again. If anyone was screwed by the judges, it was Holyfield. While that was a boring fight too, he has a case for the mandated rematch. Plus, I'd love to see him get the belt one more time. Otherwise, we need to let Valuev move toward unification with a Klitschko or a fight with a meaningful contender like Arreola. This deal does nothing for the heavyweight division!

Nothing at all. I'd rather see Holy get his much deserved rematch.

I wouldn't mind seeing Valuev-Arreola. It would make a match between Klit and Arreola more interesting.
D-MARV
FUCK Holyfield, Ruiz, Rahman and any other fighter from the 90s... I say let one of these young bucks challenge for the belt. Johnson, Arreola, Povetkin... Let these cats step up. Im so sick of the Heavyweight division.

Im jumping on the David Haye bandwagon. This division needs some life.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 29 2009, 10:51 PM) *
FUCK Holyfield, Ruiz, Rahman and any other fighter from the 90s... I say let one of these young bucks challenge for the belt. Johnson, Arreola, Povetkin... Let these cats step up. Im so sick of the Heavyweight division.

Now that is an excellent post!!! I agree with you. I too am sick of these recycled heavyweights constantly getting shots at belts. OH, Valuev is absolute garbage. I would bet there are probably some posters on this forum who have better skills than this joke(me being one of them). laugh.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 29 2009, 09:51 PM) *

agreed!!!!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 29 2009, 09:51 PM) *

Fuck Arreola..You've been on his nuts for awhile and he will get put to sleep against one of the elites..

David Haye??He's about to get his ass handed to him by Klitchko..

Holy deserves another shots ONLY because he got robbed really bad in the first fight..If Holy does not get the opportunity for a rematch,he needs to retire..
BigG
^ LOL at Arreola hate.

I got to agree with DMarv though...I think its about time these new FAT ASSES (Arreola and Povketin) fight the elite and see what their made off.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ May 30 2009, 03:39 AM) *
^ LOL at Arreola hate.

I got to agree with DMarv though...I think its about time these new FAT ASSES (Arreola and Povketin) fight the elite and see what their made off.

I think Povetkin has a better chance at winning a belt than Chris "nipples" Arreola..Arreola is such a disgrace to the sport just like Toney has been at heavyweight..Toney atleast has mad skills though..Both these guys need to get their body fat percentages checked and both need to be told that they may be professional athletes but they are both very unhealthy and put shame to the sport..When I think of a professional boxer's body I think of Holyfield,Roy Jones, Wlad. Klitchko,and even guys like Mickey Ward,Kostya Tszyu, and Hopkins..I don't think of a guy with a big gut who looks like an offensive lineman..These guys get put on TV and they look like that??That's pretty disguisting..They get paid thousands and thousands of dollars to be the best and they show up with droopy nipples(Arreola) and a stomach full of burritos that looks like another human life is being conceved in..

The CEO
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 29 2009, 10:51 PM) *

Agreed on everything but the bolded....because that's not a wise investment.

That boy is DOOMED.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 30 2009, 04:00 AM) *
Fuck Arreola..You've been on his nuts for awhile and he will get put to sleep against one of the elites..

David Haye??He's about to get his ass handed to him by Klitchko..

Holy deserves another shots ONLY because he got robbed really bad in the first fight..If Holy does not get the opportunity for a rematch,he needs to retire..

Holy deserves to sit his OLD ASS down somewhere.
Romulus9
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 30 2009, 02:00 PM) *
Holy deserves to sit his OLD ASS down somewhere.

That may be, but after that joke of a decision against Valuev, he deserves a rematch. That said, I hope he gets it, on American soil, wins a decision, and retires.

However, none of that is likely.
D-MARV
If he gets the rematch I hope he gets screwed again... Im through with Vander.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 30 2009, 03:32 PM) *
If he gets the rematch I hope he gets screwed again... Im through with Vander.

I think that's a pretty shitty attitude to have simply because you think the guy has stayed beyond his welcome in the division.

It amazes me how easy people forget all of the good fights Holyfield gave us during the course of his career....

Regardless of if a person thinks he should have retired by now or if a person thinks little of how the man lives his life outside the ring.....as a fighter he gave the sport TONS of records and highlight footage and great fights.

And when you consider that....I think your attitude sucks ass.

It sucks when any fighter gets screwed on the cards....it's not any less because YOU feel the guy should not be here fighting anymore.

provo
Who cares who Valuev fights the man sucks. He's boring,iron mike needs 2come back for 1fight and knock his ass out ,and retire.lol,, and Ruiz ,Still fights..???lol
He sucks...he's the only person who actually thinks he should be a champion lol
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (provo @ May 30 2009, 11:43 PM) *
Who cares who Valuev fights the man sucks. He's boring,iron mike needs 2come back for 1fight and knock his ass out ,and retire.lol,, and Ruiz ,Still fights..???lol

laugh.gif Your post cracked me up.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (provo @ May 30 2009, 10:43 PM) *

Tyson wouldn't be able to hit Valuev to the head..hahaha..It'd have to be a body shot KO..Tyson 5'9 vs. Valuev 7'0..That'd look real weird to see those 2 in the ring together..I'd rather see Ali come out of his long retirement and beat Valuev!!!
D-MARV
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ May 30 2009, 08:16 PM) *
I think that's a pretty shitty attitude to have simply because you think the guy has stayed beyond his welcome in the division.

It amazes me how easy people forget all of the good fights Holyfield gave us during the course of his career....

Regardless of if a person thinks he should have retired by now or if a person thinks little of how the man lives his life outside the ring.....as a fighter he gave the sport TONS of records and highlight footage and great fights.

And when you consider that....I think your attitude sucks ass.

It sucks when any fighter gets screwed on the cards....it's not any less because YOU feel the guy should not be here fighting anymore.

Dude, Dont give me that bullshit... Holyfield is beyond it. I don't care what he's done in the past. The only reason why he came back is for the money and if anything is screwed up it's him. Nobody told his ass to lay down with 10 women and have babies. Why should he get another title shot? he has had 2 shots already and lost. All he is doing now is fighting fights that younger, hungrier fighters out there should be fighting. I could care less what Holyfield has done in the past. He was great, keep it moving. I don't care to see Holyfield in the ring ever again.
JLUVBABY
i have to agree with dmarv that it is frustrating to continue to see these fighters retread fighters continue to get shots at the titles... mccline, rahman etc... its time the new breed of fat glutten heavies get their shots.... some of them might even make for good fights...
BGv2.0
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 31 2009, 10:43 AM) *
Dude, Dont give me that bullshit... Holyfield is beyond it. I don't care what he's done in the past. The only reason why he came back is for the money and if anything is screwed up it's him. Nobody told his ass to lay down with 10 women and have babies. Why should he get another title shot? he has had 2 shots already and lost. All he is doing now is fighting fights that younger, hungrier fighters out there should be fighting. I could care less what Holyfield has done in the past. He was great, keep it moving. I don't care to see Holyfield in the ring ever again.

The only bullshit is your shitty attitude toward the man.

Sure he is "beyond it". And I myself don't see what a gaggle of kids and bedded women have to do with the discussion on his ring rights (IMHO...it simply shows people for have a bias disdain for the guy over those situations).

"Why should he get another title shot"......maybe because he actually beat Valuev the last time they fought. And that really is not up for debate....ANYBODY who watches that fight, being their most generous could only give Valuev 3 rounds tops.

Maybe if this whole line of supposed "younger hungrier fighters" were worth anything.....their ability and public demand would propel them to get the fight over an older established named commodity.

It's not Holy's fault that his name alone STILL generates fan interest over the likes of Chambers, Arreola and Povetkin.

BGv2.0
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 31 2009, 11:06 AM) *
i have to agree with dmarv that it is frustrating to continue to see these fighters retread fighters continue to get shots at the titles... mccline, rahman etc... its time the new breed of fat glutten heavies get their shots.... some of them might even make for good fights...

BUT...McCline/Rock etc. are fat glutten's due to age.....what is the excuse of today's young up and comers?

THAT is a huge part of their problem. When your average fan sees a guy like Arreola....as compared to Today's Holyfield....who do you think that guy is going to want to see fight the champion?

If all these young HW's took care of business and kept themselves in shape and fought each other and produced solid KO wins people would want to see them in with the likes of Valuev.....even people in Germany, where he is held in bias regard....

That is what I'm saying.....today's young HW must show his desire thru hard work and impressive wins.....if they do that....they would get a fight that Holyfield supposedly stole.

They create their own demand......or not.
D-MARV
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ May 31 2009, 12:56 PM) *
The only bullshit is your shitty attitude toward the man.

Sure he is "beyond it". And I myself don't see what a gaggle of kids and bedded women have to do with the discussion on his ring rights (IMHO...it simply shows people for have a bias disdain for the guy over those situations).

"Why should he get another title shot"......maybe because he actually beat Valuev the last time they fought. And that really is not up for debate....ANYBODY who watches that fight, being their most generous could only give Valuev 3 rounds tops.

Maybe if this whole line of supposed "younger hungrier fighters" were worth anything.....their ability and public demand would propel them to get the fight over an older established named commodity.

It's not Holy's fault that his name alone STILL generates fan interest over the likes of Chambers, Arreola and Povetkin.

LOL... What interest? When was the last time Evander fought on Americna T.V? his Blockbuster PPV against Savarese?

Nobody cares to see Evander fight anymore. Holyfield is OVER THE HILL. Yes, he did recieve a raw deal against Valuev but Evander has been on the flip side many times before. And my point of bringing up his MANY MANY children was becuase he's only fighting for money. Meanwhile there are guys like Arreola, Johnson, Scott, and Povetkin who still have a future that need to step up and fight. If Valuev fights Evander then shame on him. It makes me sick to my stomach to see guys like Holyfield, Meehan, Rahman, and Ruiz still getting title shots.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 31 2009, 01:00 PM) *
LOL... What interest? When was the last time Evander fought on Americna T.V? his Blockbuster PPV against Savarese?

Nobody cares to see Evander fight anymore. Holyfield is OVER THE HILL. Yes, he did recieve a raw deal against Valuev but Evander has been on the flip side many times before. And my point of bringing up his MANY MANY children was becuase he's only fighting for money. Meanwhile there are guys like Arreola, Johnson, Scott, and Povetkin who still have a future that need to step up and fight. If Valuev fights Evander then shame on him. It makes me sick to my stomach to see guys like Holyfield, Meehan, Rahman, and Ruiz still getting title shots.

Holy actually beat Valuev though..Holy is over the hill and should retire but he did beat Valuev and should have won the belt..That was the worst robbery of last year in my opinion..It was a shitty fight but Holy won it..

I'd be really depressed if Arreola was ever champ..Would you be happy if he was champ??Would you really want a heavyweight champ one who is fat as hell??Hell,I'm glad we have the Klitchkos to show what kinda shape you need to be in to be heavyweight champ..Wlad always comes to fight in amazing shape..I don't want a fat dude who says he can't stop eatting burritos(he said it after the Walker fight) representing the heavyweight division..It would just make the heavyweight division look worse..How do you get sick to your stomach about older guys getting shots but you recommend a guy who makes me sick to my stomach looking at him in the ring..I am not dissing bigger people,but he should have some respect for the sport and come in to a fight in shape..He gets paid thousands of dollars and is 6'4!!Toney is 5'10 so he definitely has to work harder to come in a heavyweight fight in shape..

I'd rather have a 46 year old man who is in GREAT shape as the heavyweight champ than Arreola..If it was someone other than Holyfield,I'd say the same thing..Holy would get owned by the Klitchkos at this point of his career though so his best chance to win it is from Valuev..

Povetkin would be a good champ in my opinion too..
BGv2.0
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 31 2009, 01:00 PM) *

It was still a PPV....name one other fighter at 45+ OR any of today's younger fighters that could fight Saverese and have it be a PPV fight.

AND....his fight with Valuev showed that despite the age he still created interest in that region.

Guys like Tyson and Holyfield and even Bowe could announce a nothing fight with somebody like Cliff Couser and people would STILL be interested in the result.

You act as if this is the fighters fault....it is not.

And I think your nonsense about him only fighting for money is BS. As delusional as it may sound I really believe that Holyfield actually thinks he can become a HW champion again and even undisputed (something I myself do not think could ever happen)....believing that, I think it's more than money that makes him carry on....it's an unrealistic YET TRUELY believed idea that he can become champ again.

If you will think back to the mid 80's and early 90's....young guys like Holyfield, Bowe, Lewis......they STOLE big fights from guys like Dokes and Holmes by beating them or by creating their own fan interest by way of their own impressive wins.

These supposed young up and comers of today....they don't do that. They are content with a boring, unimpressive win over a journey man.....they are just fine with the press calling them a fat ass.....

Guys like Holyfield, Rock and Ruiz STILL get shots because the general public is so unimpressed by all of these talent lite fighters that you speak of.

And the reason they are unimpressive is because they refuse to carve out their own destiny through a hellish work rate (remember Mike Tyson fighting and KOing guys 6x per year?) through impressive KO's that are replay worthy, through kepping themselves in good shape and honing their craft.

So don't blame the old timers......it is the DUTY of young fighters to force them out through their deeds and actions in the ring.

AND....put yourself in their shoes....HONESTLY....if you were a 40+ ex HW champ and you were given a free title shot....would you not take it? I know I would.

Place the blame where it belongs!
Lil-lightsout
[/quote]
And the reason they are unimpressive is because they refuse to carve out their own destiny through a hellish work rate (remember Mike Tyson fighting and KOing guys 6x per year?) through impressive KO's that are replay worthy, through kepping themselves in good shape and honing their craft.

[/quote]

It would be sweet if there was a heavyweight out there who actually stayed busy and sharp by fighting way more often. And I do not care what nationality, just someone to get there face out there and start dominating and taking on all comers. Most heavyweights are underachieving fat lazy guys who do not want to put all the hard work in.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 29 2009, 10:07 PM) *
Now that is an excellent post!!! I agree with you. I too am sick of these recycled heavyweights constantly getting shots at belts. OH, Valuev is absolute garbage. I would bet there are probably some posters on this forum who have better skills than this joke(me being one of them). laugh.gif

I also agree with the Fuck attitude of the heavyweight division. I am just hoping, perhaps against odds that Haye will KTFO of Klitschko to bring some life into this once great division that has turned into a sack of shit. We have here a three-ring WBA circus of Chegnev (however you fucking spell his name--I don't care! hahaha) Valuev, and Ruiz. Those aren't even heavyweights they are three forms of boxing cancer.

I agree that Holyfield deserves a second shot of Valuev, but I think that even more importantly, I think that the fans should start an e-mail, letter writing publication to the WBA describing the sad state of these heavyweights and suggesting what can be done to fix this situation. Here is the website for the WBA:

http://www.wbaonline.com/

When you get to the site, click on the Directory Link. It is e-mail addresses of all the top WBA officials. Let them know how you feel about this three ring circus and other issues or even if they might consider giving the other champions a rating or something just to get some sort of unification or consensus with this division that has now been painful to watch. I think something has to be done, if not, this round-robin thing could go on for 3 years or more with these three fighters. It's hard to see how it got this bad.

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.