Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO:Berto vs. Urango/Cintron vs. Angulo (All Comments Here)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
For all the action and reactions to tonight's double-header. Also note that the chatroom at the top of the page is available for tonight's action. I will remind users of the chatroom as an option for approximately one month for any round-by-round ongoing results fights that we have so they will get used to this new feature as a communications option. Thank you.

Jack

Administrator
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
If Angulo's pressure doesn't overwhelm Cintron, it's going to be a long night for Angulo. Cintron is still a good fighter, and he's going to nail Angulo with some hard shots. He's a better boxer than him as well, so he'll catch Angulo coming in. I'll be curious to see how Angulo takes Cintron's shots and if he can break Cintron down. He's kind of like Margarito, but I don't see him as being as relentless as Tony. This fight will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I think Berto will have too much speed for Urango. Urango is moving up in weight too, so I don't see him winning this fight. Good Urango to get back up there though, and get this opportunity. He'll try til the end, but he's just outgunned in this fight.
Romulus9
Cintron is a live dog tonight. I'm somewhat surprised at how much he has been written off for this one. A couple of important points:

1.) Cintron is fighting for his career. That is enough to get anyone motivated.

2.) Angulo is being hailed as a "can't miss prospect" but there's something about him that just doesn't compute, something that is missing. Is that something a something that could come into play tonight, and play into the hands of a guy who, despite his deficiencies, has excellent power? Angulo has been rocked before, and he's yet to fight a guy who can punch like Cintron can punch.

If Cintron can withstand the early pressure, especially mentally, this could be an upset in the making. Very close to call.

Berto should win a decision by several points but it's a fight where he can't go to sleep for a second, can't just go into cruise control, because Urango can knock his head off if he does. The key is Berto's jab. Urango has no jab and is very front foot heavy. Berto can't miss him with the jab. Double and triple it, keep Urango off balance, and stay away from his left hook, and it shouldn't be an overly difficult fight. If Berto lets the machismo take over and decides to stand and slug, it could be a huge backfire. I doubt he does. Berto UD, 117-111, 118-110, somewhere in there.
JLUVBABY
as much as i dont like cintron he should be a live one in here tonight but i hope to see him criing again at the end...
JLUVBABY
as much as i like to hate on cintron he looked good tonight... lets see him do it again and maybe i'll drop my hate a lil...lol
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Really good fight tonight there. Cintron looked really good for 10 rounds, but the pressure almost caught up to him in those last 2 rounds. I had it just like the judges, but could have dealt with a draw. Angulo didn't go to that body early enough in the fight, if he did he may have stopped him. Cintron used a lot of side to side movement, and really took that fight over after the 2nd round. He got stunned in the 1st round, but had a ton of confidence by the 3rd. I knew he had a chance if he could take that pressure, and he boxed well. He almost had him down in the 4th, and now has a career once again.

I'd love to see Martinez-Cintron 2, since I thought Martinez won that fight. I'd also like to see a match with P. Williams or Daniel Santos.
The CEO
Good fight...I think most of us knew the limited Angulo would get derailed sooner or later just like his old, cheating buddy, Margarito...but not against someone like Cintron....

That being said...Cintron showed up and got the job done...maybe he was tired of being called a pussy and Cuntron and what not....lol....he got on his bike and held a bunch from round 8 on...but he really did do enough to deserve the win in rounds...

Also...Angulo wasn't himself or at his best tonight...his demeanor was very strange....they DID mention he might have been sick the past 2 days....

Oh well...props to CUNTron.

E.C.LEGEND
Who does Berto think he is Roy Jones? he is not worthy enough to sleeveless robes! lol this should be an easy fight for berto but you can never tell Urango might be hungry tonight.
The CEO
I hate the way Berto fights...and explosive, 1-2, holding machine...
Nay_Sayer
I am NOT impressed with Berto...
The CEO
That's it...I've had enough of this Karate striking, holding Berto BITCH....it's time for...................
EpTXCHAMP
berto would get beat by shane hell zab would prob ko this foo

oh yea GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

taken down james now bring on kobe ha sorry just been so long since my magic been in the finals since penny and shaq
The Original MrFactor
Cintron boxed pretty well. But he is overly worried about getting hit. He reminded me of Jameel McCline. Just enough offense to win the fight, while looking a little too nervouse when Angulo turned up his offense. I saw so many opps for Kerm to throw a straight right. I was yelling at my TV for him to throw it, but he seemed overly cautious. He hurt Angulo in the early rounds because he threw a great right hand. It was like, "Oh shit, I hurt him, what do I do now?!" He was kinda frustrating to watch, but it was a good win for him. I'd expect Angulo to win a rematch. Angulo=Antonio Margarito light...

Berto... What can I say. I've given him a new name... Andre Ruiz!! Nothing else needs to be said.
Lil-lightsout
Cintron looked pretty good tonight, and dealt with the pressure pretty good. But in all honesty, Angulo is very slow and did not do enough early on. I think Angulo would have been better off pounding Cintron's body in the early rounds. Angulo's style made Cintron look good tonight, but I really do not think this will change things in the future. I think a better polished and tougher fighter could break Cintron's spirit again, but we'll see. Regardless, props to Kermit for a good win tonight.

The Berto fight was very boring to me. Berto is definately the fastest welterweight in the world. Something about his style bothers me, he seems so wild at spots, and his constant grabbing on after combos is frustrating. He is def there to be hit, unfortunately Urango was not the guy to do it. I really do not know what to think of his overall performance? I mean he was very dominant in there. I was trying to imagine what some other fighters could capitalize on against Berto's style. Well he is still young and should only keep getting better. Oh, his constant yelping or talking in the last couple of rounds was annoying, I was hoping Urango would atleast land a miracle shot and drop him,lol.
Jack 1000
Good work for Cintron 7-4-1 for him. Angulo came on too late and was just not busy enough.

Berto-Urango....BORING! UGGHHH! 11-1 for Berto but who cares? It seemed both were guilty of holding and wrestling. Urango early and Berto mid to late. Urango seemed afraid of being hit. Berto out-boxed him with a near shutout but hardly looked good. We got 1-2 clinch, 1-2 clinch. Urango for some reason reminded me of Dwight Braxton in the way he holds his hands up like that. (But that's the ONLY similarity!) Too bad that he was so reluctant to throw punches. Berto's nothing special at all. He's another Mark Breland and that's being generous. What a downer for a main event that at least on paper had the potential to be a good fight.

Jack
kidbazooka1
I was never impressed by Angulo he was so slow that he made Margarito look like Roy Jones. Im not suprised at all that Cintron expsoed that fool.

AS for berto he was very disappointing tonight the guy will get killed by any of the top 140-147lbers.
Lil-lightsout
Oh...they really need to replace Lederman. It is getting ridiculous sometimes seeing how he scores some rounds. I mean a few of those rounds he gave to Angulo and he did not land shit, and Cintron was clearly outboxing him. Angulo was pressuring him, but not effectively. And the last round Angulo clearly won, and he gave it to Cintron, WTF!!! It is like he did not want his card to be a draw, so he gave the last round to Cintron.
provo
I say Berto beats Shane jus cause I think shane would get frustrated against his style and try and clinch with him and berto would land uppercuts easily on him and out score him , Mayweather and cotto would kill berto easily,cotto would knock him out while mayweather would pick him apart then finsih him off late if he chooses to..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (provo @ May 31 2009, 01:17 AM) *
I say Berto beats Shane jus cause I think shane would get frustrated against his style and try and clinch with him and berto would land uppercuts easily on him and out score him , Mayweather and cotto would kill berto easily,cotto would knock him out while mayweather would pick him apart then finsih him off late if he chooses to..

Shane would KO him too(eventually), but you are right, that clinching shit would frustrate Shane and could hurt him. I think Berto might frustrate Mayweather early, but PBF would figure him out and pick him apart. Cotto would give him a beating.
The Original MrFactor
Lets be real here. berto struggled with Collazo, who i think got a raw deal on the decision in that fight. I had Collazo winning 115-113 or something like that. Berto will get beaten by anyone in the top 5 at WW. He wants none of the punchers in the division. If Berto could make 140, he could probably dominate there for years, but the trouble is he packed on too much muscle for his own good. He has to get in there with the big boys at 147. He has unfinished business with Collazo.

Clottey Clobbers him
Cotto KO's him,
Mosely KO's him
Mayweather D12
Margarito plasters him...
Jack 1000
What I see in Berto is that he is VERY beatable. He may be a world champion, but will never be a star. Cintron may have recovered from the Margarito shellacking, I am just not sure how much yet. Kermit needed this win so badly to save his career and he got it.

Jack
happygocampy
I've officialy added Berto to the John Ruiz hall of shame. I turned off the T.V. after the 7th round, won't be watching him fight ever again. Too bad the Ref who did his fight with Collazo wasn't the Ref, he wouldn't have been able to get away with that crap and it may have turned out to be a good fight, just like the Collazo fight.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 31 2009, 02:01 AM) *
What I see in Berto is that he is VERY beatable. He may be a world champion, but will never be a star. Cintron may have recovered from the Margarito shellacking, I am just not sure how much yet. Kermit needed this win so badly to save his career and he got it.

Jack

Berto is one of those guys that runs his mouth constantly but gets in there with a gatekeeper who's barely a contender, gets starched, and it becomes a really popular avatar.
Fitz
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jun 1 2009, 02:46 AM) *
Berto is one of those guys that runs his mouth constantly but gets in there with a gatekeeper who's barely a contender, gets starched, and it becomes a really popular avatar.

Haha. So true.

Didn't see last nights fight, but I never minded Berto. Didn't think he was going to be the next best thing, but did like watching him, and like how he sits down on his punches, though I heard last night he was clinching like mad.
JonnyBlaze
I don't know if it was just me,but Cintron looked real big at 154..I never have liked Cintron but I liked watching him fight last night..He should fight like that in all his fights..He has never looked that good before..I know some of it had to do with Angulo but Cintron was boxing nicely until he got tired at the end..

As far as Berto,he really exposed himself in a bad way last night..I used to like him a lot..I still like watching his speed and combos..He needs to fix his jab..I really noticed how bad his technique was with it last night..I don't recall anyone I've seen before throw their jab like that either..It kind of reminds me of Darchinyan when he'd hold his elbow up and keep his arm cocked..Yet,this is a jab,not a big punch like Darchinyan would do it for..
Romulus9
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 31 2009, 07:11 PM) *
I don't know if it was just me,but Cintron looked real big at 154..

I should say so.

He entered the ring weighing 169.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ May 31 2009, 07:41 PM) *
I should say so.

Damn,that's insane.
Romulus9
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 1 2009, 12:50 AM) *
Damn,that's insane.

Gatti-esque.
JonnyBlaze
Atleast it wasn't as bad as Clottey vs. Corrales though..I have no idea how Clottey got that heavy over night..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ May 31 2009, 08:41 PM) *
I should say so.

Surprised me in the post fight interview how he said he could fight 147-154 too. I find it hard to believe he could make 147 comfortably after coming in the ring at 169.

And though he did have a good overall performance in there, he still got a lot of work to do. The way he faded badly at the end could have doomed him, he needs to relax more and work on that. His constant bending in on the inside, like he is cringing to fight on the inside is so noticeable. He seriously needs to watch a shit load of Toney fights and learn to fight on the inside and learn to relax and not get so excited. I personally think this is the most important thing he should work on. Also, if he could use his jab with some more conviction, it gets a little methodical and predictable at what speed it always comes out. A faster better fighter could land right hands over his jab alot if they wanted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.