Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: shane mosley grows balls after divorce??
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
provo
I been reading this and that about shane mosley,first now all of a sudden he's calling out mayweather saying stop running while PBF has been asking to fight shane since he was 135,all of a sudden?And now talking smack calling out Pac saying he deserves the fight and willing to fight at a catchweight..LOL, is it me or is shane doing a lot of talking since his divorce ? Did his ex wife give him his balls back ??? LOL...
Douchebag
low blow, my dude.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Is it just me or did anyone else find Jin's trash talking and sailor mouth kinda hot? I miss her occasional smack talk on these boards.
thehype
LOL...a low blow, but a funny one.

laugh.gif

I think it's got more to do with desperation though...Shane is doing whatever he can to get a big money fight. You gotta remember, Shane has NEVER seen the type of money that Pacquiao and Mayweather made in their last two fights. I mean, you're talking about a guy who had to fight De La Hoya TWICE just to make a total of $10 million. Hell, I think Manny and Floyd made more money in their two fight De La Hoya and Hatton than Shane has made in his entire career. He made less than $2.5 million in his fight with Margarito, less than $3.5 million in his fight with Cotto...in fact, I'm not even sure if he's made more than $5 million for any fight...and he's faced Winky twice, Forrest twice, De La Hoya twice, Vargas twice, Cotto, Margarito, Mayorga...that's a lot of guys, most of them elite, to have faced and yet not made double digit millions yet.
Keith
i think he's talking more for 2 reasons. first, he sees the end is near and he wants some big fights to go out on for both his pocketbook and for his legacy. second, none of the other big names really want to fight shane right now and he needs to draw them out somehow. cotto wouldnt fight outside msg, mayweather says he has too many loses, paq says it has to be a catchweight. its nothing but excuses. i dont think he needs huge paydays the way other people are claiming. he hasnt made the same that pac and pbf have made ppv but he is a goldenboy partner. he has consistent dollars rolling in.
JLUVBABY
shanes talking now cuzz its desperation time... you can look at his win over marg. two ways... you can say he beat the hell out of marg. or you can say he left alot of himself in the ring the night he fought cotto.... the guy knows he needs a big fight and its becoming crunch time in his career... he hasnt had the truley big one in a while... last night could have been a good start to setting that up...
Vodoo
QUOTE (provo @ May 30 2009, 11:06 PM) *
I been reading this and that about shane mosley,first now all of a sudden he's calling out mayweather saying stop running while PBF has been asking to fight shane since he was 135,all of a sudden?And now talking smack calling out Pac saying he deserves the fight and willing to fight at a catchweight..LOL, is it me or is shane doing a lot of talking since his divorce ? Did his ex wife give him his balls back ??? LOL...
First of all, Shane has never ducked Floyd, even at 135. He also didn't duck Zab so please don't believe those 2 idiots when they claim that bullshit. 2nd Shane been wanted to fight Floyd, even before the Vargas fights and the infamous loose tooth quote he wanted to fight Floyd. The reason he even made the loose tooth statement and why many think he was ducking Floyd then was because Shane had already stated before the 2nd Vargas fight that he was planning on taking a break with his family after that fight and that is why he avoided the question.

So for you to claim a guy whose never ducked anyone and has never feared facing anyone and who fights with way more bulls, guts, and durability than Floyd ever will, GREW balls is really laughable, although not for the reasons you were reaching for.

I'd really like to see Floyd grew a pair for once in his life and face one of the prime elite in his division. I mean Cotto, Margarito, Shane, have all fought each other while Floyd was cherry picking his way around former 140lb fighters and only faced a real welter in ODLH because the money was so good it would have been worth a loss.
provo
LOL, shane was scared of floyd ,he just wants the payday now! Mayweather has mad comments to his face Stating shane is just a sparring partner that's all he is! And also talking shit and then like oh where's his wife let me ask her since she's the one that wears the pants , while shane just looking away , mayweather has always talked shit on shane for over 10 years ...
Vodoo
QUOTE (provo @ May 31 2009, 12:58 PM) *
LOL, shane was scared of floyd ,he just wants the payday now! Mayweather has mad comments to his face Stating shane is just a sparring partner that's all he is! And also talking shit and then like oh where's his wife let me ask her since she's the one that wears the pants , while shane just looking away , mayweather has always talked shit on shane for over 10 years ...
So what does that prove? Nothing, other than Mayweather ACTS like an ass in public and Shane is a much more professional and reserved kind of guy. At least Shane doesn't have multiple female battery cases against him unlike Floyd. Shane was not and never has been afraid of Floyd, but if you want to believe the BS that comes out Politicianboy Mayweather's mouth go right ahead, but I've been following the game since Mosley first started and I can assure you it didn't happen.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (provo @ May 31 2009, 01:58 PM) *
LOL, shane was scared of floyd ,he just wants the payday now!

Yeah... you really nailed it. rolleyes_anim.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Vodoo @ May 31 2009, 01:39 PM) *
So what does that prove? Nothing, other than Mayweather ACTS like an ass in public and Shane is a much more professional and reserved kind of guy. At least Shane doesn't have multiple female battery cases against him unlike Floyd. Shane was not and never has been afraid of Floyd, but if you want to believe the BS that comes out Politicianboy Mayweather's mouth go right ahead, but I've been following the game since Mosley first started and I can assure you it didn't happen.

i can also tell you that fight (mayweather) could have happened at 135 when they would have fought at optimum performance and skill and shane opted to move up in weight.... you can make the argument that he was moving up to face hoya but hoya wasnt going anywhere and if he was so confident he would have had one mega fight with mayweather then another with hoya down the road... at the time no other fight really made scence as far as skill level... it wasnt just a money fight but a fight that pitted to prime very highly skilled fighters against each other.. not all money fights equal that... mosely cheated the fans out of that fight and now at the tail of his career he has talked himself out of fights he wants to talk noise... sorry im not drinking the shane mosely kool aid.. he put himself in this situation... he will be lucky to get a fight that he deems worthy of him signing by the end of this year.. he could litterally go the rest of the year without a fight going off the mentality he has right now... that should have been him testing berto last night but he is too high profile to fight a berto.. that was his words...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 31 2009, 04:20 PM) *
i can also tell you that fight (mayweather) could have happened at 135 when they would have fought at optimum performance and skill and shane opted to move up in weight.... you can make the argument that he was moving up to face hoya but hoya wasnt going anywhere and if he was so confident he would have had one mega fight with mayweather then another with hoya down the road... at the time no other fight really made scence as far as skill level... it wasnt just a money fight but a fight that pitted to prime very highly skilled fighters against each other.. not all money fights equal that... mosely cheated the fans out of that fight and now at the tail of his career he has talked himself out of fights he wants to talk noise... sorry im not drinking the shane mosely kool aid.. he put himself in this situation... he will be lucky to get a fight that he deems worthy of him signing by the end of this year.. he could litterally go the rest of the year without a fight going off the mentality he has right now... that should have been him testing berto last night but he is too high profile to fight a berto.. that was his words...

Wow! I just responded to one of your other threads about your Mosley hate, and up pops another one, lol. You must sure hate a shit load of other fighters too for cheating you out of fights that could have been made. Geez... he fought and destroyed AM in his last fight, somebody who we all know did not want to fight. Mosley has tested himself numerous times already, way more than alot of fighters I could mention that take the easier road. You must be really pissed at Floyd for all his welterweight fights then??? But this ain't about Floyd(just used him as an example), cause I could name many other examples. But keep hating on Mosley, it's your right.
provo
JLUVBABY! That's what im talking about..LOL,
Mosely is weak, I hope mayweather does fight him ,he'll skool shane , he'd beat shane mentally before the fight.. Could you imagine the press conference LOL..shane would cry ..lol.. Shane is jus someone who got fame beating ODLH. 2nd time shoould have lost ..
provo
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 31 2009, 01:33 PM) *
Wow! I just responded to one of your other threads about your Mosley hate, and up pops another one, lol. You must sure hate a shit load of other fighters too for cheating you out of fights that could have been made. Geez... he fought and destroyed AM in his last fight, somebody who we all know did not want to fight. Mosley has tested himself numerous times already, way more than alot of fighters I could mention that take the easier road. You must be really pissed at Floyd for all his welterweight fights then??? But this ain't about Floyd(just used him as an example), cause I could name many other examples. But keep hating on Mosley, it's your right.

Mosley has been tested?? BY WHO???
His 5 loses????
Vargas and mayorga ??LOL...
Vodoo
I've posted on this board off and on, but just being on here today I've already spotted a few of the Shane haters. You JLUVBABY have dissed him in a few threads and IMO your credibility is compromised as is Provo's. I don't have time to try to sway someone who hates a boxer into liking him, I'm here for boxing discussion so forgive me if I know longer feed you guys need for feeling like you've accomplished your Mosley bashing.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (provo @ May 31 2009, 04:41 PM) *
Mosley has been tested?? BY WHO???
His 5 loses????
Vargas and mayorga ??LOL...

Okay noob. You are obviously a "money" hugger by your posts. Did you just start watching boxing after maybe watching the 24/7 with Mayweather-Hatton? You are a joke, and you know it. Just re-read your post before this post of yours. I would be pretty embarrassed posting such drivel. I will make sure to not waste my time responding to you again.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Vodoo @ May 31 2009, 03:47 PM) *
I've posted on this board off and on, but just being on here today I've already spotted a few of the Shane haters. You JLUVBABY have dissed him in a few threads and IMO your credibility is compromised as is Provo's. I don't have time to try to sway someone who hates a boxer into liking him, I'm here for boxing discussion so forgive me if I know longer feed you guys need for feeling like you've accomplished your Mosley bashing.

how is my credibility compromised?.. tell me one thing i have said about mosely that is untrue?... i dont even think i am hating the guy i do feel how ever that his head is bigger that what it should actually be.. the guy is not a ppv draw but talks like one... if you are a die hard a fan of his i cant help that the truth is what it is...
Keith
whether you like shane or not, i think its a huge stretch to say he avoided pbf at 135. its ok to make the claim that 3 years ago he avoided him with the tooth deal, although there was i bit more to that then "i have some dental probs, sorry i cant fight you". shane had physically grown out of 135 and he had a huge fight waiting with dlh. at that time 10 yrs ago, pbf was not a household name or a huge draw. he had maybe 20 fights and never had fought in a superfight. shane could of physically drained himself to 135 to fight a guy nobody cared about for no money, or he could move up and fight the biggest name(also one of the best fighters at the time too) for the most money. that seems like an easy decison to me.
JLUVBABY
you can argue then that neither guy had a name... but fact is he robbed the fans of a great great night of boxing and my point is that if he was so sure of a mayweather victory he would have made that fight then moved on up to fight the hoya fight.. and its not like mayweather was after mosely back then for his last fight at 135... mayweahter was fighting at 130 and mosely at 135 and he chased mosley for some time... mayweather was a complete diffrent animal at that lower weight i might add as well... he was a beast and had punching power as well... that would have been a great fight...
Vodoo
Okay since you claim to be an unbiased nonhater, I will address this. First of all back when Mosley was at 135. Floyd was still a young guy proving himself. Jack Mosley even weighed the Floyd fight but decided Floyd was still too green and that it wasn't even a fair match. Floyd didn't even have his belt yet, because the belt holders at that time were, Shane, Nazorov, and Stevie Johnston. Sure Shane could have taken the Floyd match, but it wasn't a big time matchup everyone was clamoring for like you try to make it out to be. Floyd hadn't even established or proven himself yet other than to be a possible raising star who was very talented. Floyd hadn't even worked his way into contention for that title yet, he was just a new guy calling Shane out and Shane really had no reason to take that fight. If anything he may have come off as picking on the new kid. You got no knowledge about what you're talking about when it comes to this. All you're doing is believing the bullshit that Floyd is saying and believe me it's bullshit because both Judah and Floyd both make the claim that Shane ran up to 147 "to avoid me".

Also don't sit there and say he could have come back to an Oscar fight. At the time Oscar represented the top alpha dog of boxing. You face Oscar you get the big stage, the big payday, the big promotion, your name in the headlines. You beat Oscar and maybe you become Oscar, the big name, the big payday guy. Now with how hard it is to get fights made do you really think it would be wise as a manager to give all that Oscar glory up, fight PBF and hope the ODLH fight will be on the table later? Seriously answer this and it will tell me how biased you really are.
Keith
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 31 2009, 05:17 PM) *
you can argue then that neither guy had a name... but fact is he robbed the fans of a great great night of boxing and my point is that if he was so sure of a mayweather victory he would have made that fight then moved on up to fight the hoya fight.. and its not like mayweather was after mosely back then for his last fight at 135... mayweahter was fighting at 130 and mosely at 135 and he chased mosley for some time... mayweather was a complete diffrent animal at that lower weight i might add as well... he was a beast and had punching power as well... that would have been a great fight...

i prefer to think the fight just wasnt meant to be at that time. and if its not meant to be now then thats ok too. i would love to see pbf vs mosley. to be honest, i would rather see mosley fight cotto or paquiao more then pbf. the fight i would most like to see is mosley vs williams. i think that would be a thrilla. so if mosley never gets floyd in the ring then oh well. i think pbf's fights are boring anyway.
Vodoo
QUOTE (keith @ May 31 2009, 05:29 PM) *
i prefer to think the fight just wasnt meant to be at that time. and if its not meant to be now then thats ok too. i would love to see pbf vs mosley. to be honest, i would rather see mosley fight cotto or paquiao more then pbf. the fight i would most like to see is mosley vs williams. i think that would be a thrilla. so if mosley never gets floyd in the ring then oh well. i think pbf's fights are boring anyway.

Shane didn't rob the fans of shit back in the 135 days. Nobody was clamoring for Shane to fight no PBF back then. Hell everyone was hoping Shane would face the other 2 belt holders, Nazarov, or Johnston back then. Floyd hadn't even made a name for himself yet. You see what happens when you get new jacks who don't have a history of the sport. All they do is spout of the bullshit that lying ass fighters like prettyboy Floyd tell them. Floyd is telling lies like a politician and people eat that shit right up.
Keith
QUOTE (Vodoo @ May 31 2009, 05:33 PM) *
Shane didn't rob the fans of shit back in the 135 days. Nobody was clamoring for Shane to fight no PBF back then. Hell everyone was hoping Shane would face the other 2 belt holders, Nazarov, or Johnston back then. Floyd hadn't even made a name for himself yet. You see what happens when you get new jacks who don't have a history of the sport. All they do is spout of the bullshit that lying ass fighters like prettyboy Floyd tell them. Floyd is telling lies like a politician and people eat that shit right up.

learn how to read. i never said shane robbed fans of anything. how did you read my post and get that. i never said fans were clamoring for a pbf/mosley fight. never said either of those things. get a clue.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Vodoo @ May 31 2009, 04:23 PM) *
Okay since you claim to be an unbiased nonhater, I will address this. First of all back when Mosley was at 135. Floyd was still a young guy proving himself. Jack Mosley even weighed the Floyd fight but decided Floyd was still too green and that it wasn't even a fair match. Floyd didn't even have his belt yet, because the belt holders at that time were, Shane, Nazorov, and Stevie Johnston. Sure Shane could have taken the Floyd match, but it wasn't a big time matchup everyone was clamoring for like you try to make it out to be. Floyd hadn't even established or proven himself yet other than to be a possible raising star who was very talented. Floyd hadn't even worked his way into contention for that title yet, he was just a new guy calling Shane out and Shane really had no reason to take that fight. If anything he may have come off as picking on the new kid. You got no knowledge about what you're talking about when it comes to this. All you're doing is believing the bullshit that Floyd is saying and believe me it's bullshit because both Judah and Floyd both make the claim that Shane ran up to 147 "to avoid me".

Also don't sit there and say he could have come back to an Oscar fight. At the time Oscar represented the top alpha dog of boxing. You face Oscar you get the big stage, the big payday, the big promotion, your name in the headlines. You beat Oscar and maybe you become Oscar, the big name, the big payday guy. Now with how hard it is to get fights made do you really think it would be wise as a manager to give all that Oscar glory up, fight PBF and hope the ODLH fight will be on the table later? Seriously answer this and it will tell me how biased you really are.

i stopped reading after you said floyd didnt have his belt yet... floyd was reigning 130 lb. champ and was wreaking havok in that division and had posted a win over genero hernandez one of the greatest 130 lbers. of all time.. for jack mosely to say floyd was to green was a cop out for the fight if that was said... oscar was the alpha dog and i dont blame shane for the money fight but that fight had been discussed before shane had even thought about moving up to fight oscar... it really doesnt matter it wasnt made and the fans got cheated... if floyd was so green it would have been an easy payday.. i dont think that was the case.. shanes people saw the risk in taking that fight.. now to say they didnt want to take the fight because they knew they where planing a move up would be something else.. but again floyd was after that fight probably a good year before shane moved up in weight...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (keith @ May 31 2009, 04:29 PM) *

like i said the only way i give credence to that is if the shane camp was already planning a move up in weight.. if thats the case then from a buisness standpoint i understand that (it was a dangerous fight for both men) but as a fan i will forever feel robbed of what i always thought would have been one of the greatest fights of my era watching fights... they can fight now and ultimately i guess better late than never but it wouldnt be the same fight had they fought back at the lightweight limit...
Vodoo
QUOTE (keith @ May 31 2009, 04:37 PM) *
learn how to read. i never said shane robbed fans of anything. how did you read my post and get that. i never said fans were clamoring for a pbf/mosley fight. never said either of those things. get a clue.
Sorry about that. I wasn't directing it too you. Just letting you know JLUV is full of shit.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Vodoo @ May 31 2009, 04:45 PM) *
Sorry about that. I wasn't directing it too you. Just letting you know JLUV is full of shit.

well you still havent told me what i said that made me incorrect in what i am saying about mosely.. but if you're gonna get mad and start cursing then i have nothing else to say to you... you act like you personally know shane or is a relative or sumthin on his payroll or sumthin... just cuzz i dont agree with you is no reason for the language..
Vodoo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 31 2009, 04:44 PM) *
like i said the only way i give credence to that is if the shane camp was already planning a move up in weight.. if thats the case then from a buisness standpoint i understand that but as a fan i will forever feel robbed of what i always thought would have been one of the greatest fights of my era watching fights... they can fight now and ultimately i guess better late than never but it wouldnt be the same fight had they fought back at the lightweight limit...
Yes, Shane had already planned on moving up to welter even before the ODLH fight as he was begining to have trouble making 135. Also I meant Floyd hadn't had his 135 title yet not his 130 one. My point is people weren't really calling for Shane to fight PBF when they weren't even in the same division. Sure it would have been a great fight, but it was never looked at as seriously being close to being made. Like I said everyone was much more concerned with Shane fighting one of the other 135 champions, rather than bullying someone smaller than him.
Vodoo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 31 2009, 04:52 PM) *
well you still havent told me what i said that made me incorrect in what i am saying about mosely.. but if you're gonna get mad and start cursing then i have nothing else to say to you... you act like you personally know shane or is a relative or sumthin on his payroll or sumthin... just cuzz i dont agree with you is no reason for the language..
I apologize for the cursing. No disrespect intended. Anyway I have to step out for a few so I'll holla back later.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Vodoo @ May 31 2009, 04:54 PM) *
I apologize for the cursing. No disrespect intended. Anyway I have to step out for a few so I'll holla back later.

fer shizzle... this stuff isnt that crucial my man.. its all good... what we do is mix fact with a bunch of opinions and thats what makes for good convo....
Keith
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 31 2009, 05:44 PM) *
like i said the only way i give credence to that is if the shane camp was already planning a move up in weight.. if thats the case then from a buisness standpoint i understand that (it was a dangerous fight for both men) but as a fan i will forever feel robbed of what i always thought would have been one of the greatest fights of my era watching fights... they can fight now and ultimately i guess better late than never but it wouldnt be the same fight had they fought back at the lightweight limit...

there are a lot of fights i would like to see but fighters can only fight them one at a time. i dont see it as robbing fans of a great fight. i dont see it as shane avoiding/ducking pbf at 135. its not as if shane didnt give us a great fight against a another great fighter. he jumped 2 weight classes and fought one of the 5 best fighters in the world at that time. he didnt cheat us out of anything. he gave us the best fight he could make. thats not the same thing that floyd is doing now or over the last 5 yrs.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (keith @ May 31 2009, 05:52 PM) *
there are a lot of fights i would like to see but fighters can only fight them one at a time. i dont see it as robbing fans of a great fight. i dont see it as shane avoiding/ducking pbf at 135. its not as if shane didnt give us a great fight against a another great fighter. he jumped 2 weight classes and fought one of the 5 best fighters in the world at that time. he didnt cheat us out of anything. he gave us the best fight he could make. thats not the same thing that floyd is doing now or over the last 5 yrs.

my thing is that is all subjective.. if you want to look at it like that then floyd jumped 3 divisions and did the same thing... he hasnt fought the cottos or marg. or clotteys etc yet but who's to say its not gonna happen.. he was retired the last year.. as far as shane i dont mean to keep bashing on the guy but when floyd wanted/needed the matchup back at 135 shane made his decision so now shane needs floyd more than floyd needs shane i'd make him sweat it out as well... truth is they both continue to win that will be come the next logical fight after mayweather cleans pacs clock like i think he will do...

tell you the truth mayweather either got lucky or is a brilliant buisness man and i say that because it almost appears that he took the time off to allow a legit superfight to materalise.. that has happened with the pac fight... had he continued pac and a fight of that magnatude wouldnt even be thought of... arum wouldnt have brought pac nowhere near the 147 division.. i dont think pacs people want that fight to be honest its the reason arum seems to want to match pac with cotto.. in his mind style wise thats a better match up for him..... dont drink the kool aid with arum a fight of that magnitude will be made because it makes to much financial sence not to make... but in arums defense rather pac wins or loses that fight he wins.. pac wins he has a huge fight... pac loses cotto fights mayweather at msg next may for a super fight... that would be my thinking if i was arum but maybe i'm way off base...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 31 2009, 08:49 PM) *
my thing is that is all subjective.. if you want to look at it like that then floyd jumped 3 divisions and did the same thing... he hasnt fought the cottos or marg. or clotteys etc yet but who's to say its not gonna happen.. he was retired the last year.. as far as shane i dont mean to keep bashing on the guy but when floyd wanted/needed the matchup back at 135 shane made his decision so now shane needs floyd more than floyd needs shane i'd make him sweat it out as well... truth is they both continue to win that will be come the next logical fight after mayweather cleans pacs clock like i think he will do...

tell you the truth mayweather either got lucky or is a brilliant buisness man and i say that because it almost appears that he took the time off to allow a legit superfight to materalise.. that has happened with the pac fight... had he continued pac and a fight of that magnatude wouldnt even be thought of... arum wouldnt have brought pac nowhere near the 147 division.. i dont think pacs people want that fight to be honest its the reason arum seems to want to match pac with cotto.. in his mind style wise thats a better match up for him..... dont drink the kool aid with arum a fight of that magnitude will be made because it makes to much financial sence not to make... but in arums defense rather pac wins or loses that fight he wins.. pac wins he has a huge fight... pac loses cotto fights mayweather at msg next may for a super fight... that would be my thinking if i was arum but maybe i'm way off base...

First of all, I suck at writing. So PLEASE do not take offense to my next statement. I am just saying please continue to break up your trains of thought like you did above. Many of your posts can be hard to read when you don't use paragraphs, they just run on and on,lol. This was the first time I recognized you doing this. friends.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 31 2009, 07:58 PM) *
First of all, I suck at writing. So PLEASE do not take offense to my next statement. I am just saying please continue to break up your trains of thought like you did above. Many of your posts can be hard to read when you don't use paragraphs, they just run on and on,lol. This was the first time I recognized you doing this. friends.gif

lightsout you my boy number 1... but number 2 you probably have problem cuzz i write most of my stuff sippin on yak and guzzlin corona or my beer of choice for the day...lol.... but dont think i dont know what i wanna say...lol.... it just runs on and on....lol...sometimes...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 31 2009, 08:11 PM) *
lightsout you my boy number 1... but number 2 you probably have problem cuzz i write most of my stuff sippin on yak and guzzlin corona or my beer of choice for the day...lol.... but dont think i dont know what i wanna say...lol.... it just runs on and on....lol...sometimes...

Geez!!You're drinkin the yak everyday??hahahaha..
jlupi
135. I keep hearing this crap about shane avouding floyd at 135.

shanes last fight at 135 was in 1999. then he went to 47.

floyd had one fight at 35 in 2000 and not again until 2002.
Big Slim Sweet
Shane didn't avoid Floyd at 135. That's pure revisionist history. Shane moved out of the lightweight division in 1999 to pursue a fight at 147 with the biggest non-heavyweight name in the sport. Oscar was even considered an all-around better fighter than Floyd at that time. It was a no-brainer. As for the 2006 'toothgate', well that was an unfortunate choice of words Shane used but in reality he knew Oscar had dibs and that fight would be bigger and better for the company which he was a partner in.

The ONLY critique anyone can put on Mosley in comparison to Mayweather is that PBF ran his career his way and made a shit load more money, whereas Shane was content to let Jin and Oscar steer the bus and has always remained in the shadows perhaps as a result.
Keith
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Jun 1 2009, 06:19 PM) *
Shane didn't avoid Floyd at 135. That's pure revisionist history. Shane moved out of the lightweight division in 1999 to pursue a fight at 147 with the biggest non-heavyweight name in the sport. Oscar was even considered an all-around better fighter than Floyd at that time. It was a no-brainer. As for the 2006 'toothgate', well that was an unfortunate choice of words Shane used but in reality he knew Oscar had dibs and that fight would be bigger and better for the company which he was a partner in.

The ONLY critique anyone can put on Mosley in comparison to Mayweather is that PBF ran his career his way and made a shit load more money, whereas Shane was content to let Jin and Oscar steer the bus and has always remained in the shadows perhaps as a result.

i would disagree a bit with pbf making a shit more money. pbf has certainly made more in purse money but because of the way shane has operated his career he has picked up what may be a better long term investment. by not acting like a fool and disrespecting people shane has a large interst in golden boy. he could wind up making more long term. for instance, right now floyd is making money for shane by signing that 5 fight deal with golden boy.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 1 2009, 01:01 AM) *
Geez!!You're drinkin the yak everyday??hahahaha..

hell yeah johnny...lol.. i work hard and deserve my relaxation time i give myself...lol.. hey if you didnt know george foremans son george 3 is making his pro debut this weekend.. imma go check him out...
Vodoo
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Jun 1 2009, 06:19 PM) *
I don't know for sure that ODLH had dibs on the Floyd fight, but Shane made that quote during the post fight interview of Mosley-Vargas II and he had already stated weeks before that fight took place that he planned on taking a break with his family and not fighting for the rest of the year seeing as how he did the 2 Vargas fights back to back.

It would have better if Shane had just said that rather than being all funny and mentioning his tooth, then he wouldn't have looked like he was ducking and you wouldn't have every Floyd fan/Shane hater quoting that line everytime they try to make him look like he was ducking the fight.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (keith @ Jun 2 2009, 05:10 PM) *
i would disagree a bit with pbf making a shit more money. pbf has certainly made more in purse money but because of the way shane has operated his career he has picked up what may be a better long term investment. by not acting like a fool and disrespecting people shane has a large interst in golden boy. he could wind up making more long term. for instance, right now floyd is making money for shane by signing that 5 fight deal with golden boy.

Heh, nice point. I kind of like that. Might not be a bad thing to remind the Floydboys of every time they start bragging about the bigger paydays he's made, etc.

QUOTE (Vodoo @ Jun 2 2009, 07:35 PM) *
I don't know for sure that ODLH had dibs on the Floyd fight, but Shane made that quote during the post fight interview of Mosley-Vargas II and he had already stated weeks before that fight took place that he planned on taking a break with his family and not fighting for the rest of the year seeing as how he did the 2 Vargas fights back to back.

It would have better if Shane had just said that rather than being all funny and mentioning his tooth, then he wouldn't have looked like he was ducking and you wouldn't have every Floyd fan/Shane hater quoting that line everytime they try to make him look like he was ducking the fight.

No you're right, Shane had already said he was taking the rest of the year off to spend with his family, and considering that about two years later he got divorced, it's not a stretch to imagine that he really did feel the need at that time to try and stay home and work on some relationships. I also presonally believe he knew Oscar intended to fight Floyd and that fight would be too big to mess with.

In that same interview where he mentioned the tooth, I believe Larry asked, "But Floyd is the fight you want next/most?" and Shane responded, "Its the only fight."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.