Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No 1 can beat PBF,who ? and how?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
provo
First of all im a huge PBF fan! And I don't see ANYONE beating him the man has the best defense in the game he's smart and patient in the ring , if u have a different opinion,please explain be serious!
1.pac-HELL No!that swinging with your eyes close head down shit won't work against the smartest fighter!
2.Mosley-Hell No,he would try and act like he's faster and get cought all night..lol
3.Cotto? Flat footed,stays in front of you,would get out worked.
4.margarito? Can easily be out boxed!has no defense
5.berto?no way lol
So seriously who ???
Vodoo
I'm not sure who could beat PBF, but he is beatable. I mean really, who has he proven himself against? Throwing out an aged ODLH in a fight that was basically a sparring match the best guy's Floyd has fought is Corralles and Castillo. Also let's not forget Floyd has a disputable close win over Castillo and lost the first few rds to Judah.

Mosley - Doesn't have the style or smarts to beat him at this point. Shane is just too old and doesn't usually fair well against boxers. Still we'll never know if they don't fight.

Cotto - IMO has the wrong style and loses big. He may lose worse than Hatton because Cotto is just way too slow and would likely get outboxed badly. Still, we'll never know if they don't fight.

Pacquiao - I give him a slim chance based on his hand & foot speed. However he's much smaller, and Floyd is the better boxer. Still, we'll never know if they don't fight.

Clottey - I give him the 2nd highest chance of beating Floyd. He has a tough unorthodox style, a tough good defense, and he's big, strong, very durable and deceptively quick. Still, we'll never know if they don't fight.

Paul Williams - I give him the number 1 chance to beat Floyd. However PW has become a brawler, and I'm not sure that's a good style to go against Floyd with. If he imployed the keep at a distance and box style he used against Margarito, I'd easily pick Paul, but he's only fought like that once that I've ever seen. Still, we'll never know if they don't fight.
JLUVBABY
i always thought paul williams had a great shot of beating lil floyd... i thought that before and after the quintana fights... styles make fights i believe and his style with long arms and throws a million punches and dont seem to tire would probably look like the or similiar to the wright fight fight as far as the punches constantly coming and not being able to launch much of a offense by lil floyd... then again lil floyd has always been a master at figuring out his opponents styles... sure wanted to see that one...
provo
I think paul williams might have the best chance ,but that's only because he's 6'2 ,the man should be fighting pavlik or bhop,jermain taylor ..he aint no welter weight!
And not only that every fight Floyd goes into is suppose 2 be his toughest fight,Genaro hernandez,everyone thought floyd wasn't ready stepping up 2 fast for a title! And destroyed.
Chico-everyone thought chico would beat him "shit I did"lol
Gatti-"oh he's never been in the ring with a warrior like gatti"
Baldomir-"floyd going2have trouble with a guy coming at him putting pressure on him
Hatton-same thing,he's never faced anyone as tought as hatton
No matter what floyd does he will never get credit for who he beats! When he was coming up he was callin everyone out beating all the contenders in his division and now people blame him cause he wants the mega fights! And don't give me that oh he didn't want 2fight margarito! If he did and kick his ass ,people would have been like "well who's margarito?
Vodoo
QUOTE (provo @ May 31 2009, 05:24 PM) *
I think paul williams might have the best chance ,but that's only because he's 6'2 ,the man should be fighting pavlik or bhop,jermain taylor ..he aint no welter weight!
And not only that every fight Floyd goes into is suppose 2 be his toughest fight,Genaro hernandez,everyone thought floyd wasn't ready stepping up 2 fast for a title! And destroyed.
Chico-everyone thought chico would beat him "shit I did"lol
Gatti-"oh he's never been in the ring with a warrior like gatti"
Baldomir-"floyd going2have trouble with a guy coming at him putting pressure on him
Hatton-same thing,he's never faced anyone as tought as hatton
No matter what floyd does he will never get credit for who he beats! When he was coming up he was callin everyone out beating all the contenders in his division and now people blame him cause he wants the mega fights! And don't give me that oh he didn't want 2fight margarito! If he did and kick his ass ,people would have been like "well who's margarito?
Let's see you hate Shane but suck Floyd off so much you're actually going to sit there and try to say people thought he'd have trouble with Gatti, Baldomir, or Hatton? Get the fuck out of here with that shit.
D-MARV
Williams beats PBF.
Keith
i think pbf beats everyone but shane. i'm not including pwill cause he cant make welter anymore. its not that i think shane beats everyone because i think shane could lose to cotto again. styles make fights and i think shane is all wrong for floyd.
JonnyBlaze
Paul Williams would have the best chance but I think Floyd would beat all the guys you listed..Cotto/Floyd would be fun to see..I'd really like to see how Floyd would handle someone who had a lot of skills and power..
Fitz
I pick Mayweather against everyone except Williams, with that said, it doesn't mean he shouldn't fight or I don't want to see a fight with a Cotto or Mosley.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 31 2009, 05:57 PM) *
I pick Mayweather against everyone except Williams, with that said, it doesn't mean he shouldn't fight or I don't want to see a fight with a Cotto or Mosley.

If Floyd really wanted to man up he'd fight Williams at 154..
The CEO
Pacquiao may be #1......(goes into Flair mode)....but whether you like it or not!...you better learn to love it!....."WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!".....Mayweather is The Man.

until proven otherwise....
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Jun 1 2009, 12:03 AM) *
Mayweather is The Man.

until proven otherwise....

Anthony Mundine would have something to say about that!!

Look on paper PBF can beat anyone but that is what makes him a great because all teh other great fighters had to beat other great fighters to make them great. PBF does not have to because he can beat them on paper so that makes him greater than the other greats. Great huh?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 31 2009, 08:37 PM) *

Look on paper PBF can beat anyone but that is what makes him a great because all teh other great fighters had to beat other great fighters to make them great. PBF does not have to because he can beat them on paper so that makes him greater than the other greats. Great huh?

They can call you a hater all they want, but what you said is 100% true. But I will give it some time, maybe Floyd has great plans for himself AFTER JMM. I am by no means a big fan of his, but I do think/hope after his next fight he will step it up. I would much rather stuff be proven in the ring instead of on paper.
The CEO
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 31 2009, 08:37 PM) *

lol...I hear ya, STEVEN...that's irrefutable...

All I'M sayin' is......from WHAT we HAVE seen from him in the ring....no one can do it better.

He's the absolute best at his craft as far as active, prime fighters go....
Fitz
Kind of like a football team being undefeated with beating all these teams that are a division below them. Sure the team look great in winning, but lift in comp. Mayweather is no different. He looks great, has great skills, too bad he doesn't put them to the test often.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 31 2009, 09:30 PM) *
Kind of like a football team being undefeated with beating all these teams that are a division below them. Sure the team look great in winning, but lift in comp. Mayweather is no different. He looks great, has great skills, too bad he doesn't put them to the test often.

Fitz...you a lawyer?
Fitz
Haha, I wish. I would also be just as crooked as Mayweather, so that would make me a hypocrit laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Jun 1 2009, 01:22 AM) *
All I'M sayin' is......from WHAT we HAVE seen from him in the ring....no one can do it better.

He's the absolute best at his craft as far as active, prime fighters go....

That is highly debatable IMO. No one can do what better? Move & jab? Punch & knock people out? Get in & out using speed & timing to beat another fighter senseless? Throw blistering combinations? get a "cool" nickname like "money"?

What exactly does he do to make him the "absolute best" as far as active prime fighters go? I get a little confused by these thinsg thats all.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 1 2009, 01:30 AM) *

Kind of like what Geelong do except they are the best because they beat the best all the time & even if they lose they are still the best because they display it week in week out. Geelong would look unbeatable if they played VFL Fitz & that if what PBF does plays club footy.

Fitz
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 1 2009, 11:45 AM) *
Kind of like what Geelong do except they are the best because they beat the best all the time & even if they lose they are still the best because they display it week in week out. Geelong would look unbeatable if they played VFL Fitz & that if what PBF does plays club footy.

Exactly. That's the difference, in football or most sports, they are in a competition with people supposedly on there level. In boxing, they aren't forced to do this, so you hope they are responsible enough to take challenges. It's unfortunate that he doesn't take his toughest challenges.
The CEO
lol...look....you won't EVEN catch me defending Mayweather....because I don't defend fighters...I BASH them...which is why I'm highly successful at making predictions by the way....ain't that right, L-L (NAMED after a fighter)?

laugh.gif

wink.gif

STEVEN....you and Fitz have both seen and know enough about Boxing to know talent when you see it....and it's like this...I also know what I know and have seen as well...and I can say with the utmost confidence that very, very few have had a more complete package than Floyd....and the ones that do...don't have him beat by much...

His overall combination of offensive and defensive skills, combined with his supreme Boxing intellect, makes him outright "Excellent"....but like you said....the reason he's not considered nearly as "Great" as many past Legends is because of how and who he went about fighting this last phase of his career.....

So like when I said your point is irrefutable...yeah....mine is too.
STEVENSKI
Floyd is highly talented no doubt but his attitude of taking the path of least resistance is what brings him down.
kingknockout
QUOTE (provo @ May 31 2009, 04:54 PM) *
First of all im a huge PBF fan! And I don't see ANYONE beating him the man has the best defense in the game he's smart and patient in the ring , if u have a different opinion,please explain be serious!
1.pac-HELL No!that swinging with your eyes close head down shit won't work against the smartest fighter!
2.Mosley-Hell No,he would try and act like he's faster and get cought all night..lol
5.berto?no way lol
So seriously who ???

welcome to my club brother...alot of haters on here....but fuck em thumbsup_anim.gif
kingknockout
QUOTE (Vodoo @ May 31 2009, 05:29 PM) *
Let's see you hate Shane but suck Floyd off so much you're actually going to sit there and try to say people thought he'd have trouble with Gatti, Baldomir, or Hatton? Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

some people i know actually thought that.......you act as if people aint place bets on gatti and Hatton when they were about to fight floyd
The Original MrFactor
Paul Williams beats him. probably stops him.

Clottey beats him. Clottey is a huge welter. Good boxing ability with some power. He'l fight big and has great defense. I think he'd win D12.

Mosley stops him. With Richardson in the corner, I think Mosely beats Mayweather. Mosely was a different guy under Richardson. Mayweather will try to potshot Mosley similar to the way he did DLH. Mosley is a much better fighter. he also carries more power than DLH. I think he stops Mayweather.

Cotto beats him too. Cotto would be Tyson to Mayweathers Tyrell Biggs. If Mayweather hangs on the ropes like he did against Hatton and DLH, Cotto is gonna tear his body up and stop him.

Pacquiao... the jury is out. I'll have to see how Mayweather fairs against Marquez. I need to see how much rust he's got. Also I need to see how he stands up to Marquez' punches. Though not a power puncher, marquez can and will catch mayweather with counters that he didnt see coming.

Marquez can beat him. He may have the joy of being the 1st one to beat Mayweather. He has no advantages in this fight other than the fact that while Mayweather was chillin, he was fighting at the very highest levels of the sport. He may steal a decision. He's by far the best fighter Mayweather will have ever faced. I think that counts for something.

Berto has the speed to beat him. Damnit if Berto could trade in some of that speedy, dynamic offense for some defense he'd be dangerous. Whats with the latest generation of fighters. Taylor was the 1st, Chad Dawson and now Berto.

Personally, I think Mayweather hasnt fought a legit top 5 WW for a reason. He could have made as much or more moneyfighting Cotto than he could have fighting Marquez. I have a feeling that he fights Marquez and then goes at Pacquiao next and retires again.

I think Mosley is trying to corner Mayweather by demanding the Pacquiao fight. If/When Mosley beats Pacquiao at 142, who can Mayweather turn to?? Cotto?? Williams?? Clottey?? Mosley??

Also, if Cotto beats Clottey(which I dont think will happen), Arum may just put Cotto/Pacquiao together. Who does Money turn to??

MarzB
A prime tip top Floyd vs. Paul Williams at 147 which IMO will never happen because Paul will not make that weight but if he proves me wrong would still lose.

Paul's style is based merely on activity which is akin to in basketball, "keep running" or "fast breaking". Eventually you're gonna come up on that obstacle that'll make you THINK and if you're not used to that then it's curtains. I like what Paul brings to the table as far as his physical ADVANTAGES but save for his activity, boxing wise I don't see any.

FLOYD CAN BE BEATEN! Did I say that loud enough?? The problem IMO to beat him is you're gonna have to have someone who's disciplined to stick with the plan and NOT get discouraged which if some of you who have boxed know is VERY hard when you're getting hit (thats why I love this sport. Everyone has a plan till they're HIT continuously).

Lets go back a second. In Floyd's fight with Hatton (just for reference) the first round I believe ALL the judges gave to Hatton along with a lot of fans watching. Why? Because he was aggressive. The hell with punchstat ( I wish they'd get rid of that) even though it was in favor of Floyd regardless. Floyd landed the more effective blows MORE than Ricky did on him. I bring this fight into reference becaus as Ricky got hit, he got deterered. We know what happened but moving on.

So bottom line you have a fighter WILLING to take their lumps (being hit cleanly when the puncher WANTS to) who will NOT get their rhythm disrupted (which is in my opinion why Floyd beats most of his fighters and the punches are secondary). Then you have a fighter that CAN beat Floyd.

I believe to beat him you have to mix in movement, selective aggression, FEINTS(most importantly). Those things will get Floyd out of his "mojo" and come forward. If you have good counterpunching skills, even better.

If Lou Collazo (flames incoming) had more focus and wasn't easily deterred and had a good game (like what I described above). He could do it. Unfortunately I don't think as good of a boxer he is that he's mentally discplined (or physically for that matter) to stick with the plan.

I didn't see this Cuban guy Rigodoux(sp?) that Teddy Atlas was raving about but the reason I mention him is that it's gonna take a someone with a GOOD boxing pedigree to beat him. None of that "LUCKY" shot shit will work.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jun 1 2009, 05:49 AM) *
FLOYD CAN BE BEATEN! Did I say that loud enough?? The problem IMO to beat him is you're gonna have to have someone who's disciplined to stick with the plan and NOT get discouraged which if some of you who have boxed know is VERY hard when you're getting hit (thats why I love this sport. Everyone has a plan till they're HIT continuously).

He already has in most peoples eyes by JLC in the first fight in a clear decision.
AussieLad
The basic difference between a boxing fan and a floyd nut hugger is this

Nut hugger: "Floyd is undefeated, and he is the best till someone actually beats him"

Boxing fan: "Floyd is very talented, but he can not be the best until he is willing to get in the ring with someone capable of beating him"

You can cry that will never happen, no-one is capable of beating floyd. But deep down you know floyd hasnt fought the best available opposition at 140 and above. And unless he has stepped in against the very best of a division then you cannot say that no-one is capable of beating him. Only when he has beaten the best can he be the best
Keith
pbf is great. really great. its why we talk about him whoever he is fighting. thats why a lot of people are on his case because he cherrypicks his opponents. i also think people cant stand the guy. something changed right around the time he beat judah. he used to sound intelligent. he used to treat the press well. he used to respect his opponents. now he is just an ass to everybody. i think with this marquez fight, everybody except hardcore pbf fans are tired of him. and if he doesnt change his tune, thats how he is going to be remembered.
streetlion1
1. Mosley....I think he is still has some of the fastest hands in the sport along with being bigger and Naz is in his corner.

2. Cotto....LMAO at a guy who said Cotto is flat-footed. Cotto showed his ability to fight technically and move with power. His speed is under-rated and his jab is under-rated as well. His big question mark to me is stamina but still a very good chance at beating Gayweather.

Gayweather has ducked the lions at 147 since entering that class...and he'll continue to do so.
jlupi
I always thought he would have probs w shane. shane can brawl or box. is fast and floyd cant hurt him. He also has way more left than DLH and considering floyd beat a faded DLH by a nose hair.

6 years since floyd has truley been willing to pruve he is the best. and unlike jones the bodies to do so are their.

I d say i agree w most of MrFactor's post.

I dont even consider PW. dont know why I count his freakish size at these weights againt him - No-one is going to fight him for good reason
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (provo @ May 31 2009, 12:54 PM) *
5.berto?no way lol
So seriously who ???

Are you serious? Another useless thread. Useless because its just another nuthugging thread on PBF. Everytime i check out the threads on here there's another PBF topic. There is WAY more to boxing the PBF, but on here it's PBF this and PBF that or Maywaether this and Mayweather that. But I guess I cant blame anyone because lately the interviews on this site are heavily Mayweather.
Big Slim Sweet
I agree TBF (no relation to PBF, lol). I'm almost starting to think some of these huggers-come-lately are just gimmick handles from other posters here having a laugh stirring things up.
JLUVBABY
this is off subject but heres a fight.. cotto vs. williams at welter or 154... id like to see that.. what do you guys think?... didnt want to start a new thread for it...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 2 2009, 11:49 PM) *
this is off subject but heres a fight.. cotto vs. williams at welter or 154... id like to see that.. what do you guys think?... didnt want to start a new thread for it...

Williams by volume of brutality. Cotto is just not big enough IMO. If he can check Williams chin he can stop him I think but I don't think he will get near that chin.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 2 2009, 07:49 PM) *

How can anyone can even see this fight as competitive?
King Eugene
Cotto couldn't with stand Margarito's pressure...Williams absolutely dominates him.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 2 2009, 06:49 PM) *

Williams has a big body - lots of real estate for Cotto to plant some of those left hooks if he can get close enough to do it. But I don't think he'd be able to against Williams, and I don't think 154 would be a good move for him either.
PR316
Lets see...

Paul Williams- Has the best shot of everybody but he's the type of guy that if you put him in with a slick counter puncher he'll have hell on his hands.

Miguel Cotto- Too slow... Big and strong but bad defense and heavy footed. I think Mayweather would dance around him all night and just neutralize everything about him.

Clottey- Has a chance. Not a big puncher, though. And he does tire somewhat late in fights. I think Floyd would beat him in a competitive fight.

Pacquiao- I don't see it. He's very fast and skilled but a good counter puncher can figure him out.

What about a guy like James Kirkland???... He's a beast, though he still is in the process of proving himself and he has to get past his legal problems first.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 3 2009, 07:24 PM) *
I agree that Cotto wouldn't beat Mayweather, but too slow? To me there wasn't much of a difference in hand speed against Mosley, and while he isn't a defensive wizard, I don't think he defence is terrible either.

I don't think Cotto is too slow but the fact that he kind of just comes to you will play right into Floyd's hands. Some one with good movement with quick hands and feet would give Floyd all kinds of trouble. I think Pacquiao gives floyd the most trouble out of the main three. (Cotto, Mosley, Pacquiao)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.