Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bute v Froch
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
hitman harding
Quote:
Sources close to the negotiations have advised xxxxxxxx.com that a super middleweight unification between undefeated champions [WBC] Carl Froch and [IBF] Lucian Bute is penciled in for September - if a rematch between Bute and Librado Andrade is not finalized within the next few days. Bute's people have been trying to make a deal with Andrade and his manager, Al Haymon, but are only giving it a few more days to actually happen. There have been some problems because neither network, HBO or Showtime, is interested in buying Bute-Andrade. From what I've been told, Showtime has already made a commitment to reserve a September date for a possible Froch-Bute encounter. Considering the money involved with the American, Canadian and British television rights, it's no surprise that Bute and Froch are requesting to fight each other. According to more than one source, Bute has agreed to fight Froch in England.

I heard England Sep 5th or 12th.My bet is on the IBF stripping the belt just to be ******* like they have been in the past
Lil-lightsout
Bute by comfortable decision.
JD
I am going to go with Froch in this one. I expect him to start earlier and do the job Librado Andrade almost did.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JD @ Jun 1 2009, 07:06 PM) *
I am going to go with Froch in this one. I expect him to start earlier and do the job Librado Andrade almost did.

Not saying Froch could not do it, but I do not think Bute would be foolish again and slug it out when he could have just kept moving and boxing against Andrade. To me Bute seems very slick and good defensively and offensively, and Froch did not impress me at all against JT. I did only see Froch twice.I think Bute would just be too slick for him. Regardless, seems like a decent match-up.
JD
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 1 2009, 07:22 PM) *
Not saying Froch could not do it, but I do not think Bute would be foolish again and slug it out when he could have just kept moving and boxing against Andrade. To me Bute seems very slick and good defensively and offensively, and Froch did not impress me at all against JT. I did only see Froch twice.I think Bute would just be too slick for him. Regardless, seems like a decent match-up.

I don't think Bute has the athleticism of a guy like Jermain Taylor, and I think Froch will eventually force him to fight. Plus, I think Froch's sleep issues when he was in the States really had an impact on him as well.

I think this is a damn good fight, and whoever wins makes a big statemement at 168 in my opinion.
D-MARV
Im a huge Fan of Bute.

I F*cking can't stand Froch...

With that said, Froch by late stoppage.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I acutally like Bute to dominate this fight. Bute has that southpaw style, he's fast, and he throws really nice combinations. All of this will give Froch fits. I think Bute has faster hands than Taylor, and throws more fluid combinations. Bute was throwing nice combos in the 10th and 11th rounds of that Andrade fight as well. He gassed in the 12th, but I think he'll conserve more energy in the early rounds of this one. Bute won't be lured into a slugfest, and that's Froch's only shot in this one. Froch will be following Bute all night, and he won't get a chance to get set to get those shots off. Just how I see the fight going, but who knows. I'd rather see Bute-Andrade 2, just because of the drama at the end.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jun 2 2009, 01:02 AM) *
I acutally like Bute to dominate this fight. Bute has that southpaw style, he's fast, and he throws really nice combinations. All of this will give Froch fits. I think Bute has faster hands than Taylor, and throws more fluid combinations. Bute was throwing nice combos in the 10th and 11th rounds of that Andrade fight as well. He gassed in the 12th, but I think he'll conserve more energy in the early rounds of this one. Bute won't be lured into a slugfest, and that's Froch's only shot in this one. Froch will be following Bute all night, and he won't get a chance to get set to get those shots off. Just how I see the fight going, but who knows. I'd rather see Bute-Andrade 2, just because of the drama at the end.

Great break down Kyle, that is my guess what will happen.
JonnyBlaze
I used to like Froch,until I realized how shitty he really is..hahaha..I don't know if it is because some fights I watch to be entertained while some fights I watch to study and break down..The Taylor fight was a fight I studied..Froch has some seriously bad technique..For anyone to say he has a good jab has either 1)never boxed or trained or 2)not watching closely enough..He makes mistakes that amateurs make with his jab..Froch has heart and he can throw a lot of punches..He does hit pretty hard too..

Give me Bute though..Froch will be exposed sooner or later..Andrade is more legit in my opinion..hahaha
blackbelt2003
Bute on points or Froch by KO.

Bute isn't resilient enough to stand up to Froch's power, but Froch doesn't work hard enough to win the rounds.

Good fight, winner should make a mandatory to keep the belts in line and then go for Kessler. First time ever the super middle belts will be unified.

Black
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 2 2009, 12:20 PM) *
Hey black, good to see you around, but didn't Lacy and Calzaghe have the WBO and IBF on the line, then Kessler and Beyer have the WBA and WBC on the line, and then we had Calzaghe and Kessler for the undisputed 168 titles?

I think that is right but remember that Black is from the midlands & those Brummies are pretty stupid drinks.gif .
blackbelt2003
Actually, screw you you big dumb Aussie, because Cal-slappy was stripped of the IBF belt, so was therefore challenging for Kessler's WBC and WBA belts only.

I shouldn't be harsh, I try and be lenient to retards, no matter how stupid they are.

biggrin.gif

Black

PS Good to be back, Fitz, gonna make an effort now
TMONEYTX
shobox series? lol this fight probalry wouldnt make us televison wont you think?
JLUVBABY
what i like about froch is that he is a go getter... in his fight with taylor he could have played roullette and found out what the judges was thinking but he went for it and tried.. and got took the win... bute is probably more skilled but i get the feeling that if froch tweeks a few things he did in the taylor fight he can be big trouble for bute... its a good fight and good for both guys at this point... i would have to lean towards froch but bute is no punk... i think its a good fight to be made..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.