Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maliggnaggi vs ?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
hitman harding
I'd like to see Juan Diaz step in take out Paulie. I think Diaz would walk through Malignaggi's punches and come back with his wear down punches I think it would be a bit like Malignaggi vs Hatton.
Anyone else think this would be a good bout to watch?
STEVENSKI
Paul vs his hair stylist would be good. Biatch slaps at 5 paces.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (hitman harding @ Jun 1 2009, 07:08 PM) *
I'd like to see Juan Diaz step in take out Paulie. I think Diaz would walk through Malignaggi's punches and come back with his wear down punches I think it would be a bit like Malignaggi vs Hatton.

My 5 year old son could walk through Malignaggi's punches,lol. I think Diaz could beat Paulie for sure. But I read on fightnews that maybe Peterson was going to step in. If that fight does get made, I would not be surprised to see Paulie lose.
Vodoo
QUOTE (hitman harding @ Jun 1 2009, 07:08 PM) *

I must have missed something. Why did we get to the point where we should give a flying fuck about Malignaggi again? I mean he fooled the masses and got some big HBO fights, but seriously this dude has no business wasting our times fighting on HBO & Showtime or even ESPN IMO. Does anyone enjoy watching him throw punches that have no effect while trying to slip shots and getting hit cleanly? Fuck Malignaggi, I hope they don't find anyone for him to fight.
iron_mike
I watched a replay of him vs Chris Fernandez the other day and he looked ok, til he got rocked and almost dropped somewhere in the late rds...but I agree, he is a bore, but I think I'd still rather watch him than Berto, heair extensions and all
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Vodoo @ Jun 1 2009, 11:49 PM) *
Does anyone enjoy watching him throw punches that have no effect while trying to slip shots and getting hit cleanly?

LOL. I actually enjoy it because he gets hit clean & busted up.
Keith
paul should move up and fight mosley. he needs the sparring partner right now, lmao. how long do you think that fight would last?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (keith @ Jun 1 2009, 08:45 PM) *
paul should move up and fight mosley. he needs the sparring partner right now, lmao. how long do you think that fight would last?

Paul would maybe make it to the fifth round tops. I would watch it, though it would be a huge mismatch.
D-MARV
I'm hoping Peterson steps up... He would beat the shit out of Malignaggi.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 1 2009, 09:24 PM) *
I'm hoping Peterson steps up... He would beat the shit out of Malignaggi.

I think so too.
thehype
LOL...I was just about to say that they were considering Anthony Peterson.

laugh.gif
TMONEYTX
Calling out someone in a lower weight class..
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Paulie is still a solid fighter. He's had a rough year, but all it takes is one fight to get back to the top. Anthony Peterson hasn't been in with someone like Malignaggi. Paulie needs to get back to using those legs, and moving around the ring more. He stood in front of N'Dou too much in their rematch, and the same against Hatton. I dont know if Buddy McGirt had a lot to do with this, but we'll find out. If the Marquez and Campbell fights took something out of Diaz, I think he would have a chance. I still like the Magic Man, and think he has the skills to beat a lot of fighters out there. He should look to fight Juan Urango for the jr. welterweight title.
TMONEYTX
Hopefully pauly stays on that top rank ppv , a bout vs ricky torres would be nice, a boxer vs puncher make for solid bout.
JLUVBABY
what ever respect i had for paulie mallinagi was lost when i read an interview of his and he admitted that at this point in his career he was in the fight game to make the money which i dont blame him but he basically said without saying it that he didnt care if he won or lost as long as he was getting paid... i personally dont want to watch a fighter like that... i wish i cold pull that interview up maybe it was on youtube not sure or maxboxing but it was after his fight with hatton so not to long ago... besides he doesnt fight like he used to.. i think peterson is gonna whip him good if he is the opponent chosen and thats good because peterson needs to step up his calliber of opposition and this is a good step...
Vodoo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 2 2009, 07:38 PM) *
what ever respect i had for paulie mallinagi was lost when i read an interview of his and he admitted that at this point in his career he was in the fight game to make the money which i dont blame him but he basically said without saying it that he didnt care if he won or lost as long as he was getting paid... i personally dont want to watch a fighter like that... i wish i cold pull that interview up maybe it was on youtube not sure or maxboxing but it was after his fight with hatton so not to long ago... besides he doesnt fight like he used to.. i think peterson is gonna whip him good if he is the opponent chosen and thats good because peterson needs to step up his calliber of opposition and this is a good step...
I wouldn't read too much into that. I read that interview too, but I also just read another one where he said he missed the game and is happy to be back. I think that first interview he was just going through a rough patch and anyone can get burned out and feel down at times. I don't think that was really how he feels about it.

Still though, I don't see how anyone can like Paulie, the guy is just a horrible fighter. I honestly can't think of any fighter in the past who hit with less power than him. Then he's supposed to be a defensive boxer but constantly gets pelted in the face. All he is, is a club fighter who made a big enough name for himself on the Contender, got an HBO fight against a mediocre belt holder with the perfect style for him, and people believe he actually belongs on the big stage. I'm not sure Paulie is a top 15 fighter.
D-MARV
I say Malignaggi should call out Cintron and meet him at 147... Then we will know who that top female boxer in world is.

at least until Anne Wolfe comes back.
King Eugene
I wouldn't mind seeing Paulie vs. Peterson or Kendall Holt. I think he loses both but it would be a great push for the other guys.
King Eugene
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 2 2009, 08:58 PM) *
I say Malignaggi should call out Cintron and meet him at 147... Then we will know who that top female boxer in world is.

at least until Anne Wolfe comes back.

She stops them both within 5. lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.