Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: David Haye pulls out of Klitschko fight...
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Romulus9
Isn't that something?

Per Fightnews:

David Haye has pulled out of his June 20 title challenge against WBO/IBF/IBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko. Haye apparently suffered an undisclosed hand injury in training and wants six to eight weeks to recover. Klitschko will now consider a replacement opponent on the June 20 date which had generated a sold out crowd of 60,000+ at the Veltins-Arena in Gelsenkirchen, Germany. More to come…

I'm guessing Ruiz wants this one too.
Big Slim Sweet
Motherfucking cocksucking shit!! Is this for real? I was actually starting to get a little hyped for this fight.

D-MARV
WOW!... Just WOW!

Fuck the Heavyweight Division
Maxy
Yeah, this is for real.

Totally gutted. It's the first heavyweight tilte fight I've been looking forward to for bloody years.
Romulus9
Now the question becomes....

Who is the replacement? Who is going in there on, what, three weeks notice to fight Wlad?

I'm looking at the IBO's top 100 and trying to see who would actually do such a thing, that's in shape that is even close to what they fight at or could get into decent shape in two weeks. Eliminate those who have already gotten shots at Wlad or one of the MAJOR belts in the last couple of years.

Toney?

Arreola fought a month ago.

Already into the 30s.

Holyfield? Brian Minto? OQUENDO?

This sucks. This absolutely SUCKS.

lloyd mayflower
fuckin shit. couldnt wait to see this one as well. hope it gets remade for asap.
Box in Hand
I think Haye's nerves started to get to him. He got worried and went too hard in the gym injuring himself. Only heavy fight I've been excited about in years and he hurts his hand.
Maxy
Setanta, Hayes pay masters, are in the shit right now and already rumours are circulating that they couldn't pay him for the fight because they are on the verge of going down the pan.

People are questioning whether the injury is legit or not....
WindyCityP
Damn, the one heavyweight fight I was looking forward too and it gets canned. I guess injuries happen, I just hope it's legit.
JonnyBlaze
Haye got scared he might not be able to back up all his claims and might get dominated like all the rest..Sad thing is is that Klitchko wanted this fight so bad after all the shit Haye pulled..I was expecting an early KO by Klitchko..

Too bad this happened..Haye might just be forgotten and might of passed up his chance..We'll see.
The CEO
A pussy, yet smart, move on Haye's part.......I've used this word alot lately...but it's very appropriate...

Haye realized he and his career were DOOMED if he went through with it....
Romulus9
Seriously.

Haye was going to get destroyed. If he has ANY sense, he'll prepare for the rescheduled date and do so without running his mouth and pissing Wlad off.

I really don't care. I know many people were looking forward to this fight but I expected an dominant performance by Wlad with a brutal KO at the end. No big deal.
iron_mike
That fuckin SUCKS........ was looking forward to Haye eating Wlad's jabs for a few rounds then get crunched with the right
Maxy
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Jun 3 2009, 01:30 PM) *
A pussy, yet smart, move on Haye's part.......I've used this word alot lately...but it's very appropriate...

Haye realized he and his career were DOOMED if he went through with it....

Don't bother going down the "Haye's a pussy road."

He's never ducked a fight in his life, he's signed that stupid 2 rematch clause thingy and he's doing it in Germany of all places. If the injury is legit then David Haye is the most gutted person on the planet right now. He really feels he will win the fight and I just hope now that it can be rescheduled asap.
blackbelt2003
Agreed, Haye is in no way a pussy. He's never ducked a big fight in his life.

If the injury ISN'T legit, it's not because Haye is scared, but because of ulterior motives and politics.

Black
The CEO
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jun 3 2009, 01:38 PM) *
Don't bother going down the "Haye's a pussy road."

He's never ducked a fight in his life, he's signed that stupid 2 rematch clause thingy and he's doing it in Germany of all places. If the injury is legit then David Haye is the most gutted person on the planet right now. He really feels he will win the fight and I just hope now that it can be rescheduled asap.

He was doomed, Maxy.....think about it...even if he somehow beat Wladdy....he was gonna have to fight them 2 more times...there was no way he was gonna survive the 1st...let alone 3 fights.

and I have to say...reading the headline didn't shock me one bit....

"Check and mate."
- The Klitschkos, 2009
Maxy
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Jun 3 2009, 12:43 PM) *
He was doomed, Maxy.....think about it...even if he somehow beat Wladdy....he was gonna have to fight them 2 more times...there was no way he was gonna survive the 1st...let alone 3 fights.

and I have to say...reading the headline didn't shock me one bit....

"Check and mate."
- The Klitschkos, 2009

If he's injured, he's injured. What is he supposed to do? Take the biggest fight of his life with only one good hand? Come on man, give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I'm pretty certain he'll get this fight rescheduled on the same terms as soon as he's fit.
Lil-lightsout
Well this really sucks. I was really looking forward to this fight. Oh...no way is Haye a pussy, injuries happen. I wonder who the replacement will be. Toney is probably in good shape now and could step in and dismantle Klit.
Maxy
What about Klit vs Valuev?

Not exactly an inspiring match-up but at least it'll get rid of the giant freakshow.
Box in Hand
Haye needs to do some damage control ASAP. There is going to be a lot of speculation and he needs to step up and show that he not only is injured for real but that he intends to go ahead with the fight when he's better.
The CEO
What Haye needs to do is get one of his boys to run over his hand in a Mini Cooper....
Romulus9
For 50 bucks and a prime rib cheesesteak from Quizno's, I'll run over his entire arm with my Saturn.

Okay, 20 bucks and the sandwich.

Okay, fine, just the sandwich but make it a combo.
thehype
From my understanding, Haye DOES want the fight pushed back as opposed to being scrapped, but it's Klitschko who prefers to fight someone else instead.

I don't think either one is scared of the other...Haye TRULY believes he can win and would prefer to face Klit with both of his weapons in perfect conditions...Klit, on the other hand, would prefer to still fight on the date he was originally training for. Can't really blame either one of them.

I WILL, however, be pissed if they decide to scrap the idea of the fight completely. I don't mind them not fighting in June, so long as they fight later in the year. If Wlad still wants to fight on June 20th to please the 60K+ fans, then hey, more power to him.

Personally, I have a better idea. Since it was in Haye's contract to fight BOTH brothers anyway, why not let Wlad fight on June 20th and Vitali can go ahead and face Haye 8 weeks later? That seems like it would work.

laugh.gif

As for who Wlad should fight, just fucking feed him Valuev already. It's time for this damn division to start getting cleaned up.

I do hope and PRAY that they DON'T try to feed him the only heavyweight who stays in top condition all year round....Evander Holyfield. That just wouldn't be right.
True-Boxing-Fan
What a farce David Haye is. I heard he couldnt find his heart or balls. After all that shit talking he pulls out because of a hand injury. You can kiss your shot at the Klitschko brothers goodbye. I was looking forward to Wlad knocking your head off, ohh well.
BoxingStill#1
proof......

BoxingStill#1
nvm.... found proof...

this fuckin sucks...

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Jun 3 2009, 05:30 PM) *

Yet

QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Jun 3 2009, 05:43 PM) *
even if he somehow beat Wladdy....he was gonna have to fight them 2 more times...there was no way he was gonna survive the 1st...let alone 3 fights.

Who are the pussies now?

The hate I have for the Klit brothers is strong indeed. To say I want to see then hurt is a understatement. Kind of like saying Hitler was a naughty boy.

D-MARV
Wladimir has Officially called out Arreola... Too bad fat boy doesn't stay in shape in between fights. I would have loved to see that fight.
The CEO
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 3 2009, 07:46 PM) *
Yet

Who are the pussies now?

The hate I have for the Klit brothers is strong indeed. To say I want to see then hurt is a understatement. Kind of like saying Hitler was a naughty boy.

lol...the pussY is Haye.

He should have never started doggin' them...they're both a league above him mentally AND skillfully.

The Klitsckos wanted to mind fuck him and end him setting that shit up....Haye finally felt it and caved.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Jun 4 2009, 12:54 AM) *
lol...the pussY is Haye.

He should have never started doggin' them...they're both a league above him mentally AND skillfully.

The Klitsckos wanted to mind fuck him and end him setting that shit up....Haye finally felt it and caved.

Are you insane CEO? He is a pussy for doggin the two biggest douchebags in the history of the Ukraine even though they are bigger & better than him? Strange logic mate, you should lay off the 40's for a while.

The CEO
I AM insane....insane like a FOX....lol

and 40s....please....the Beer I DRINK would break Haye's glass jaw.
The CEO
THIS JUST IN!!

PHOTO OF HAYE'S INJURY...

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 3 2009, 03:24 PM) *
I do hope and PRAY that they DON'T try to feed him the only heavyweight who stays in top condition all year round....Evander Holyfield. That just wouldn't be right.

Me too Hype..That would be extremely bad..Holy is the only heavy who is always in shape..The Klitchkos may as well too,not sure..
thehype
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Jun 3 2009, 09:57 PM) *
THIS JUST IN!!

LMAO

That ain't right.

laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Jun 3 2009, 09:57 PM) *
THIS JUST IN!!

LMAO...this shit is hilarious!

I'd love to see Wlad vs. Arreola. Somebodies getting stopped cause this one isn't making it to the last bell. Hate him or love him but Chris goes in there to finish guys or be finished. Not the most skillful heavyweight by far but exciting to watch.

Lord,

I pray to you this day of June 4, 2009 to please and I'm begging you please to keep Holyfield away from the Klit brothers. It would be very detrimental to his health and he along with Roy Jones Jr. are two fighters I never want to see carried out on a stretcher. Please give him the strength and knowledge to know and accept that his time is up. If need be...give the man a limp and or a boil on one of his butt cheeks to refrain him from stepping in the ring.

In your name I pray...Amen!
BigG
Wlad vs. Povketin!
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Jun 4 2009, 10:03 AM) *
Wlad vs. Povketin!

Yawn....

it may be less competitive and less deserving, but Klit vs Toney would be more interesting.

Black
Douchebag
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Jun 4 2009, 08:05 AM) *
Yawn....

it may be less competitive and less deserving, but Klit vs Toney would be more interesting.

Black

I would love to see how Toney's shoulder roll would work against the right hand. I want Emmanuel to post again so I can ask him what the gameplan would be against the shoulder roll. LOL
Maxy
Breaking News...

Turns out Haye actually has a back injury and has asked for the fight to be postponed for 3 weeks until July 11th. At this moment in time it's looking more likely that Wlad will face Ruslan Chagaev on the original June 20th date because his team are uncertain that Haye will be ready on the new date and do not want to be left in limbo.

The CEO
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jun 4 2009, 09:14 AM) *
Breaking News...

Turns out Haye actually has a back injury and has asked for the fight to be postponed for 3 weeks until July 11th. At this moment in time it's looking more likely that Wlad will face Ruslan Chagaev on the original June 20th date because his team are uncertain that Haye will be ready on the new date and do not want to be left in limbo.

LOL!......what...he's got whiplash now?

"Oh!...my neck!...my back!....MY NECK AND MY BACK!"
Maxy
If Wlad doesn't agree to the delay, which at the moment seems likely, Haye is basically in the wilderness. This isn't a mandatory afterall so it's in Haye's best interests to get this done now. Otherwise he might never get a shot because he'll end up blowing it by losing to someone else.
STEVENSKI
If the injury is legit then I can see every reason not to fight. I mean we all want Haye to be 100% for a fight against Klit don't we CEO?
The CEO
First of all....I don't know why y'all ain't laughin' at my material...especially you, Maxy...

Second...it don't matter if Haye was 150%...he was or is gonna get Owned regardless...

That's why I went after him for doggin' guys that are leagues above him when he is basically unproven at Heavy...he was in no position to dog THE Big Dogs and talk mad shit.....he's a delusional fool...he ain't no Clubber Lang....
Maxy
I like Haye and I aint in a laughing mood cos I was actually looking forward to a heavyweight title fight for the first time in years.

Plus I got hatred for both Klits and wanted to see them get their heads ripped off....even if it was a long shot.
D-MARV
Jesus Christ...

I just read that and they are actually considering Michael Grant.
Big Slim Sweet
I got it: Wlad vs. Byrd 3!!!

Valuev would be the best considering the Chagaev fallout but we all know that makes too much sense to happen.

Lil-lightsout
Ruiz wants in too now, I would watch that if I had to. I do not know who I would root for though.

Haye just wants it delayed a little bit, not cancelled. So hopefully Klit will hold out for the re-schedule.
blackbelt2003
I'd sorta like Haye to put together a few more wins over decent heavies, so hopefully he can do this.

If Klit can beat Valuev and add the WBA belt, it makes the fight even more attractive for the future.

Black
Romulus9
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 4 2009, 10:40 AM) *
I just read that and they are actually considering Michael Grant.

Ugh.
Romulus9
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Jun 4 2009, 04:35 PM) *
I'd sorta like Haye to put together a few more wins over decent heavies, so hopefully he can do this.

If Klit can beat Valuev and add the WBA belt, it makes the fight even more attractive for the future.

Black

Klitschko-Valuev is actually a far more important fight than Klitschko-Haye.

Remember the old HBO Heavyweight Unification Series in the mid-80s? Berbick, Witherspoon, Thomas, Smith, Tubbs, and the like... and it ends up with Tyson owning all three belts. That was GREAT for boxing and the powers that be would never let it happen now. Klitschko fighting Valuev and adding the WBA belt would be a good thing for the division, without a doubt. Wlad hammering David Haye into submission does very little.

They say they're only considering Haye or Chagaev right now, but the Valuev fight needs to be made NOW.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.