Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: why is Marco Antonio Barrera still fighting?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
traced4040
why is Marco Antonio Barrera still fighting?

i've never been a MAB fan but why is he still fighting?

i think he still has another 4 fights with Don King....... whats the point?

is he cash strapped?

i say this knowing that boxers box and thats what they do but the guy has a plate in his head. sooner or later that kinda thing isnt good for you.

also look at the pac fights.

he was losing and looked like he was begging for the ref to DQ pac for an accidental headbutt

then he headbutts pac

then he punches pac after the ref stopped him. this would be excusable except he clearly did it agian in their second fight.

it was clear that he didnt really wanna fight in the first fight cause he was losing and he didnt do much in the second fight either

he also said that he lost to marquez because there was no motivation

he just got beat badly by khan and tried to appeal to boxing authorities. appealing to boxing authorities is just stupid, also clearly he wasnt even inthe contest anyways.

and the previous fight he won thanks to a DQ headbutt

if he was still competitive like hopkins and mosley it would be okay but no way is he going to beat any champ in their prime these days

seriosuly people shold look after his health as theres no point anymore
STEVENSKI
Don King is only happy when his fighters are beaten 1/2 to death at least 3-4 times. Look at Chavez for a prime example.
King Eugene
Cause he's fought all of his life and dont know what else to do.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (traced4040 @ Jun 3 2009, 10:06 PM) *
why is Marco Antonio Barrera still fighting?

i've never been a MAB fan but why is he still fighting?

i think he still has another 4 fights with Don King....... whats the point?

is he cash strapped?

i say this knowing that boxers box and thats what they do but the guy has a plate in his head. sooner or later that kinda thing isnt good for you.

also look at the pac fights.

he was losing and looked like he was begging for the ref to DQ pac for an accidental headbutt

then he headbutts pac

then he punches pac after the ref stopped him. this would be excusable except he clearly did it agian in their second fight.

it was clear that he didnt really wanna fight in the first fight cause he was losing and he didnt do much in the second fight either

he also said that he lost to marquez because there was no motivation

he just got beat badly by khan and tried to appeal to boxing authorities. appealing to boxing authorities is just stupid, also clearly he wasnt even inthe contest anyways.

and the previous fight he won thanks to a DQ headbutt

if he was still competitive like hopkins and mosley it would be okay but no way is he going to beat any champ in their prime these days

seriosuly people shold look after his health as theres no point anymore

Because most of the great ones just don't kow when to give it up. It happened to Leonard, Chavez, Duran, Jones etc etc and it will happen to Manny Pacquiao aswell cause one thing i've noticed through the years is that most third world country fighters stay around much longer than they should.
traced4040
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 4 2009, 03:37 AM) *
Cause he's fought all of his life and dont know what else to do.

true but the guy has a metal plate in his head

life isnt a rocky movie..................

unless your tarver

and even then the best you can do is a split decision win with an alternate ending (dvd special features) where you lose
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.