Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Quotes in Boxing
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
traced4040
whats your fav quotes in boxing

mine is

"Everyone has a plan..... until they get hit" ~ Mike Tyson

there was an artical about this and how you literally shit yourself and resort to instincts, which usually means you throw the game plan out the window and look to survive

"Can you speak english please" ~ Freddie Roach

Roger Mayweather tries to punk roach. a bit hard to do when nobody knows what your saying

STEVENSKI
The best quote is Joe Louis "you can run but you can't hide". Tells it all really.
BigG
"At what point did you have him in trouble?"

"When he signed the contract."

-Bernard Hopkins
thehype
"How can I be compared to Ishe Smith? A fighter that hasnít even won a world title yet. How can you compare me to a club fighter that I donít even think the world even knows yet?Ē - Shane Mosley
STEVENSKI
"remember where you heard it first" Some homeless guy I saw scrounging change
Douchebag
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 4 2009, 10:10 AM) *
"How can I be compared to Ishe Smith? A fighter that hasnít even won a world title yet. How can you compare me to a club fighter that I donít even think the world even knows yet?Ē - Shane Mosley

LMAO. Who is the dumbass that compared Shane Mosley to Ishe Smith. The thing about that quote that makes it funny is that Shane isn't even trying to be mean, he is just telling the truth.
Romulus9
"But it's balls, Harold [Lederman]. You gotta have balls to conquer the world!" -- Vinny Pazienza

"Shut the f**k up, old man. I'm gonna do to your son what Salvador Sanchez did to you!" -- Bernard Hopkins to Felix Trinidad Sr.

"[He] called me a 'rapist' and a 'recluse.' Iím not a recluse." -- Mike Tyson

"My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm." -- Mike Tyson

"It's no doubt I am going to win this fight and I feel confident about winning this fight. I normally don't do interviews with women unless I fornicate with them. So you shouldn't talk anymore... Unless you want to, you know." -- Mike Tyson

"I can sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating." -- Mike Tyson

"I guess I'm gonna fade into Bolivian." -- Mike Tyson

"If you screw things up in tennis, it's 15-love. If you screw up in boxing, it's your ass." -- Randall "Tex" Cobb

"I don't know. He didn't hit me to put me down... He counted me out? Was I out? When did he count me out? He didn't hit me! ... Do I look knocked out? I wasn't knocked out. I wasn't knocked down! I can go another round!" -- Marlon Starling, after being knocked cold by Tomas Molinares well after the bell

Some Lennox Lewis HBO commentary brilliance:

"You dont want to get hit on the chin, because this is the sport of boxing." -- Lennox Lewis

Lampley asks Lennox, "How does it feel to get hit with a low blow?"
Lennox says, "It hurts real, real bad."

Lampley asks about the difficulty in fighting a southpaw.
Lennox says "It is real hard to fight a southpaw, but I have never fought one."

"When a boxer has an opportunity to knock you out with one punch, that is what they mean when they say 'a puncher's chance'." -- Lennox Lewis

Keith
Lennox Lewis - "Look at the state of the man's face" refering to klitschko after the fight was stopped. i still use this when watching fights with my buddies.
Keith
Lennox Lewis - "Look at the state of the man's face" refering to klitschko after the fight was stopped. i still use this when watching fights with my buddies.
ZAZA
QUOTE (traced4040 @ Jun 4 2009, 09:13 AM) *
whats your fav quotes in boxing

mine is

"Everyone has a plan..... until they get hit" ~ Mike Tyson

there was an artical about this and how you literally shit yourself and resort to instincts, which usually means you throw the game plan out the window and look to survive

"Can you speak english please" ~ Freddie Roach

Roger Mayweather tries to punk roach. a bit hard to do when nobody knows what your saying

It's OVAAAAA!!!!! - Lennox Lewis
Lil-lightsout
Here are some future quotes.

Mosley after knocking out Pac. "You can't hide from me now Floyd"

Pac after the loss. "What the fuck just hit me"

Floyd after JMM. "Me and Hatton get get it on again"

Jones after getting stopped by Lacy. "I could not get up for this fight", "still P4P", "Pensacola in da house"

Roach after Pac Loss. "I should have had Shane suck down to 140"
Romulus9
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 4 2009, 04:47 PM) *
Here are some future quotes.

Mosley after knocking out Pac. "You can't hide from me now Floyd"

Pac after the loss. "What the fuck just hit me"

Floyd after JMM. "Me and Hatton get get it on again"

Jones after getting stopped by Lacy. "I could not get up for this fight", "still P4P", "Pensacola in da house"

Roach after Pac Loss. "I should have had Shane suck down to 140"

Lacy couldn't stop Tom Jones right now, much less Roy Jones.

Roy wins a wide, wide, wide decision... and then ends up fighting Hopkins.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jun 4 2009, 04:49 PM) *

We will see. Anyway, I like messing with 3King3,lol. We gonna have a bet on this one.
JonnyBlaze
Stoney---"You fuckin peice of shit..Toney's a phoney" Toney--"So is your mother,bitch"

Toney--"I don't play" Stoney--"You don't play?GO play with yourself"

This is some of the funniest shit I've ever heard..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 4 2009, 04:58 PM) *
Stoney---"You fuckin peice of shit..Toney's a phoney" Toney--"So is your mother,bitch"

laugh.gif How can you not love this guy???
JonnyBlaze
Toney--"I talk in my sleep punk,realize that"
Romulus9
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 4 2009, 05:01 PM) *
Toney--"I talk in my sleep punk,realize that"

No one believes that from Toney.

He can't eat AND talk in his sleep. Look at the evidence and tell me which one is going on.
lloyd mayflower
"floyd, you really are just a cunt surrounded by cunts" - Ricky Hatton
Keith
lennox lewis seems to be popping up a bit here. i loverd it when he showed up at bowe's post fight conference and started calling him "chicken bowe". great stuff.
JonnyBlaze
When George Foreman was commentating he cracked me up a lot when trying to say certain fighters names.."Melanoga"--Malignaggi..

"He hit him in the chest,RIGHTTTT IN THE CHEST!!!"---George Foreman going crazy about a fighter hitting another to the chest "It's like a syringe sucking all the life out of you"--As he continues about hitting in the chest..

Foreman is by far my favorite boxer/commentator..He made me laugh a lot..
King Eugene

Yall are killing me on these boards today. I've been laughing for 10 minutes straight.
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 4 2009, 06:20 PM) *
"floyd, you really are just a cunt surrounded by cunts" - Ricky Hatton

Can you follow that up with a post fight quote from Hatton about Floyd?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
traced4040
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 4 2009, 09:22 AM) *
The best quote is Joe Louis "you can run but you can't hide". Tells it all really.

joe louis hadnt seen mayweather

pbf does a better job of hiding than those kids who found a lion and a witch in a wardrobe
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 4 2009, 04:47 PM) *

LOL Roy Jones Jr. vs. James Toney.......who won?
traced4040
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Jun 4 2009, 10:07 AM) *
"At what point did you have him in trouble?"

"When he signed the contract."

-Bernard Hopkins

thats a classic
traced4040
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jun 4 2009, 12:14 PM) *
"[He] called me a 'rapist' and a 'recluse.' Iím not a recluse." -- Mike Tyson

"My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm." -- Mike Tyson

"It's no doubt I am going to win this fight and I feel confident about winning this fight. I normally don't do interviews with women unless I fornicate with them. So you shouldn't talk anymore... Unless you want to, you know." -- Mike Tyson

the man is a genius
traced4040
not boxing but still made me laugh

Latrell Sprewell "it's tough to support your family on $10mil a year."
traced4040
"My main objective is to be professional but to kill him." ~ Mike Tyson

"I've got it made. I've got a wife and a TV set -- and they're both
working." ~ Willie Pep
JLUVBABY
i loved mike tysons, "i broke my back" quote... that was classic..
King Eugene
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 4 2009, 09:41 PM) *
i loved mike tysons, "i broke my back" quote... that was classic..

My all time favorite. That dude looked so damn confused. I had to download that joint along with his funniest quotes vid on youtube. Damn Tyson will always be remembered in boxing but not only for boxing lol.
traced4040
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 4 2009, 09:54 PM) *
My all time favorite. That dude looked so damn confused. I had to download that joint along with his funniest quotes vid on youtube. Damn Tyson will always be remembered in boxing but not only for boxing lol.

"it was spinal"

hilarious
Big Slim Sweet
"Getcha track shoes on boy/I'm your huckleberry"

And my personal favorite Tyson quote:
"If he doesn't die it doesn't count."
Lil-lightsout

That's cause Tom Jones has a better chin than Roy Jones. laugh.gif
iron_mike
Lampley: 'He is slowly reconstructing Oscar Dela Hoya's beautiful face'...that was odd and gay
JD
Floyd Mayweather Senior "Brrrrrrrrrrrtrtrtrtrtrrtrtrttttrtrtrtrtrtrtrtrtrtrtr"
BigG
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 4 2009, 09:58 PM) *

LMAO!!!!

I love Toney!
blackbelt2003
"I'm the most brutal, vicious and most ruthless champion there's ever been. Lennox Lewis is a conqueror? No, I'm Alexander. I'm Jack Dempsey, I'm Sonny Liston, I'm cut from their cloth, my style is impetuous, my defence is impregnable, I'm just ferocious. I want your heart, I wanna eat his children."

I don't even need to accredit it to anyone, y'all know who.

Black
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
'I'm the king of John Madden.'

Toney, of course and of course who could forget 'Burger King!!'
JonnyBlaze
Norman Stone quotes

"Go out there,fuck the fucking guy"--about Roy Jones Jr. "Come no Roy ya gotta,John ya gotta fuckin do what ya gotta do"--Callin Ruiz Roy

"Fuckin asshole,what a peice of shit you turned out to be,what a fuckin peice of shit,you got no balls you cock sucker!!!"----talkin to the ref. Randy Newman in the Golota fight

"The referee sucks,fuck this mother fucker,the refereeee sucks!!"--Roy Jones fight

"This is a fuckin fixed fight."--To Don King

Ya all may not like Norman but he is one of the funniest guys in boxing ever to me..He is too rugged..hahaha
King Eugene
Normans a FuckTard!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 11 2009, 09:05 PM) *
Normans a FuckTard!

A lot agree with you too..He is funny as hell to me though..He is always acting belligerent..That dude stands out to me as one of boxing real characters..
King Eugene
Something that I see that was real funny was a live interview on 24/7 overtime with Floyd Sr. and Freddie Roach.

I dont know how to post that video but if anybody wants some good laughs you should go check it out. Floyd Sr. cant talk for shit.

Go to HBO.com
click on sports
click on photos and videos
click on the first video you see
then on the left side scroll until you see 24/7 overtime.

Roach says Floyd do it cause he's disrespectful and Floyd says he just does it to hype the fight.
Floyd says Freddie is soft, Freddie says the only time he needs to be hard is with a girl. LMAO
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 12 2009, 02:24 AM) *
Something that I see that was real funny was a live interview on 24/7 overtime with Floyd Sr. and Freddie Roach.

I dont know how to post that video but if anybody wants some good laughs you should go check it out. Floyd Sr. cant talk for shit.

Go to HBO.com
click on sports
click on photos and videos
click on the first video you see
then on the left side scroll until you see 24/7 overtime.

I remember seeing that on HBO, that was good stuff. Sr. def plays it up for the camera.
JonnyBlaze
Now that Hype fixed the video thing..Here is the clips of Stoney that I can't stop laughin at..This guy is great!!He tells Ruiz to fuck Roy..hahahahaha.."Go out and fuck the fuckin guy"..

Big Slim Sweet
Fuck Norman Stone in the ass with a jackhammer.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Jun 12 2009, 04:13 PM) *
Fuck Norman Stone in the ass with a jackhammer.

Beautifully stated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.