Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: best and worst knockdowns
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
traced4040

Best

Pac's on Hatton was picture perfect but i prefer Vic Darchinyan vs Nonito Donaire

i was feelin real bad for vic until he openend his mouth.

started saying it was lucky and didnt congratulate nonito in anyway

basically talked trash even after nonito said he respected him and that he had power

you could argue that he had been knocked out but e had never been really that gracious before or after a fight

all i can say is sucked in

Worst

Mayweather vs Hatton

First knockdown where Hatton hit the ring post.

looked more like a bitch slap than a hay maker.

i dont like mayweather but the punch looked weak

in reality in wasnt mayweathers fault cause hatton was coming forward but my first reaction was he threw a handbag

my second reaction reaction was what was a handbag doing in the ring

hhhmmm...... probably where mayweather keeps the money that he "steals" from us and makes it rain for everyone from strippers to roger

just not the IRS
Big Slim Sweet
Best KO: James Toney-Prince Charles Williams (the backbreaker from Lil lightsout's avatar)

Worst KO: Mike Tyson-Bruce Seldon (the windmill from hell)
Romulus9
Best KO: Tomas Molinares - Marlon Starling

Why the best? Because apparently it was so good that Marlon didn't know it happened, and may still deny it despite video evidence.
Keith
best - Kostya Tszyu destroying zab judah. he hit judah so hard he gave him stroke face and had him stumbling around the ring with rubber chicken legs. judah couldnt even straighten his arm out. youtube it. its priceless.

worst - ali's phantom punch against liston. he barely hit him if at all. liston just wanted out of the ring.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Jun 4 2009, 12:04 PM) *
Best KO: James Toney-Prince Charles Williams (the backbreaker from Lil lightsout's avatar)

Worst KO: Mike Tyson-Bruce Seldon (the windmill from hell)

Two great examples Slim!

Best-Razor Ruddock KO over Michael Dokes.
Worst-Bernard Hopkins KO over Oscar De La Hoya. I am not debating anyone over this either, it was just the weakest looking bodyshot I ever seen in a big fight.
JonnyBlaze
Best KO---Bob Foster vs. Dick Tiger,Holyfield vs. Adilson Rodrigues,Holyfield vs. Qawi 2,Holyfield vs. Buster Douglas,Archie Moore vs. Yvon Durelle 1 and 2,Lennox Lewis vs. Botha,Lennox vs. Tyson,Hearns vs. Duran,V. Klitchko vs. Danny Williams,W. Klitchko vs. Brock,McCallum vs. Curry,Mercer vs. Morrison,Ann Wolfe vs. Vonda Ward

Keith--People think that Liston took a dive against Ali and was killed before he was about to come clean about it..
Lil-lightsout
Blaze-Where are your worst KO's??? Or didn't they have any back in the old day,lol?
blackbelt2003
BEST: Pac-Hatton

WORST: Pac-Hatton

Black
Romulus9
Serious picks for best KO: Foreman KO 10 Moorer, Julian Jackson-Buster Drayton, Julian Jackson-Herol Graham, Tommy Morrison-Razor Ruddock, Ray Robinson KO 5 Gene Fullmer, Vinny Pazienza-Melvin Paul, Roy Jones-Montell Griffin, Mike McCallum-Donald Curry

Worst KO: Tyson-Seldon
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 4 2009, 03:57 PM) *
Blaze-Where are your worst KO's??? Or didn't they have any back in the old day,lol?

I talked about the phantom punch..That's one of the most disputed punches ever..Also,to think about bad KO's is a lot harder for me to do than think about the good ones..Good ones remain in your mind,bad ones are forgotten..

My best KO's were from basically every era but mostly from the 90's to today..

Bad KO's--Any fighter that gets put down and doesn't want to get up(even though they can)..
Keith
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 4 2009, 04:30 PM) *
Best KO---Bob Foster vs. Dick Tiger,Holyfield vs. Adilson Rodrigues,Holyfield vs. Qawi 2,Holyfield vs. Buster Douglas,Archie Moore vs. Yvon Durelle 1 and 2,Lennox Lewis vs. Botha,Lennox vs. Tyson,Hearns vs. Duran,V. Klitchko vs. Danny Williams,W. Klitchko vs. Brock,McCallum vs. Curry,Mercer vs. Morrison,Ann Wolfe vs. Vonda Ward

Keith--People think that Liston took a dive against Ali and was killed before he was about to come clean about it..

i had heard that. who are these people?
JonnyBlaze
Since I barely put any old school KO's in my list,here are some..

Good--Walcott vs. Charles(when Walcott destroyed Charles),Joe Louis vs. Jim Braddock,Joe Louis vs. Buddy Baer 2(how the hell can you get up after a guy breaks your ankle from hitting you so hard to the chin?),Joe Louis vs. Jack Sharkey,Foreman vs. Norton and Norton vs. Cooney were both crazy KO's of Norton(Norton said that a doc. told him that if he had been hit one more time than he did against Cooney,he would have died)

The Bob Foster KO of Dick Tiger is definitely one of my favorites..If you haven't seen it,you have to!!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (keith @ Jun 4 2009, 05:06 PM) *

The people who think this happened do you mean??
Keith
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 4 2009, 06:15 PM) *
The people who think this happened do you mean??

ya, i am not questioning you. i just wanted to look into it.
STEVENSKI
Best: Griffith vs Paret. Who is the maricon now biatch!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (keith @ Jun 4 2009, 11:06 PM) *

Moe Dalitz
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 4 2009, 06:34 PM) *
Best: Griffith vs Paret. Who is the maricon now biatch!

I thought about that one but didn't want to put under the name best KO because he didn't KO Paret,he killed him..
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 5 2009, 12:37 AM) *
I thought about that one but didn't want to put under the name best KO because he didn't KO Paret,he killed him..

Yeah I was only joking but man he made a mistake calling Griffith a "poof". He got that gay anger flowing.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 4 2009, 06:57 PM) *
Yeah I was only joking but man he made a mistake calling Griffith a "poof". He got that gay anger flowing.

Yeah..Paret and Griffith hated each other A LOT and that's even an understatement..It was a great trilogy with a sad ending..The Mercer/Morrison and Norton/Cooney KO's are near death experiences for Morrison and Norton and they got lucky..
D-MARV
One of my favorites was Muhammad Ali TKO3 Cleveland Williams...

D-MARV
Oh, I forgot about the Cooney-Norton KO... Thats definitely one of my Favorites. The ref let Cooney tee off on him.
D-MARV
Then there's Foreman-Cooney which was one of the funniest KOs. "The Walking Uppercut". LOL
BigG
Best: Julian Jackson KO Buster Drayton
Romulus9
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Jun 4 2009, 08:28 PM) *
Best: Julian Jackson KO Buster Drayton

Always fun to see a guy tell his opponent what direction to go in after he's just blasted him into oblivion (or is that Bolivian?).
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 4 2009, 07:20 PM) *
Oh, I forgot about the Cooney-Norton KO... Thats definitely one of my Favorites. The ref let Cooney tee off on him.

Did ya see that I posted that one already??That really was a crazy KO..A doc. told Norton if Cooney hit him with another,he would have/could have died..Norton talks about that in his book and how lucky he feels for it being stopped before he got in anymore shots..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jun 4 2009, 07:41 PM) *
Always fun to see a guy tell his opponent what direction to go in after he's just blasted him into oblivion (or is that Bolivian?).

It's oblivion laugh.gif

If it were Bolivian,he would be blasted into South America and ethnically become Bolivian..hahaha..
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 4 2009, 07:25 PM) *
Then there's Foreman-Cooney which was one of the funniest KOs. "The Walking Uppercut". LOL

Yes that one was hilarious. An all-time favorite.

Has anyone mentioned Hopkins' KO of Lipsey yet?

Or James Toney eviscerating Jason Robinson with a left hook?
Snoop
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 5 2009, 12:46 AM) *
It's oblivion laugh.gif

If it were Bolivian,he would be blasted into South America and ethnically become Bolivian..hahaha..

I think he was making fun of Tyson, or at least I hope he was...
Romulus9
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Jun 5 2009, 12:24 AM) *
I think he was making fun of Tyson, or at least I hope he was...

Yeah. Pretty sure I was.
blackbelt2003
Anyone remember Michael Dokes savaging someone with left hooks, landing about four in a row, the last one crushing the guy completely? Who was it now?

Fuck, gonna boxrec it.

It was a devestating KO, though.

Black
Romulus9
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Jun 5 2009, 10:39 AM) *
Anyone remember Michael Dokes savaging someone with left hooks, landing about four in a row, the last one crushing the guy completely? Who was it now?

Fuck, gonna boxrec it.

Black

I remember Razor Ruddock dispatching Dokes in that fashion. Brutal.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Jun 5 2009, 09:39 AM) *

Fuck, gonna boxrec it.

Black

Yeah it sounds like you're describing Dokes getting savaged by Ruddock.

Method
This entire video clip is pretty bad assed, but especially the 5:10 mark...the towel comes flyin in and Hopkins just completely ignores it and annihilates this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BxDNgP4qZQ&fmt=18

As an aside, was the "video" icon up there disabled?
D-MARV
QUOTE (Method @ Jun 5 2009, 03:06 PM) *
This entire video clip is pretty bad assed, but especially the 5:10 mark...the towel comes flyin in and Hopkins just completely ignores it and annihilates this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BxDNgP4qZQ&fmt=18

As an aside, was the "video" icon up there disabled?

LMAO... Never saw that one. I love how dude was getting his ass beat and was still trying to go hard after the fight was stopped.
King Eugene
Reggie Johnson vs. James Toney. Toney never seen it coming.....BAM!
traced4040
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 5 2009, 03:23 PM) *
LMAO... Never saw that one. I love how dude was getting his ass beat and was still trying to go hard after the fight was stopped.

i lost interest after the card girl in pink

for those of you curious its in 2.37 into the clip
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I still like Tua knocking Ruiz' ass seven ways of sensless hilarious as hell. Poor Jawny who would've thought you were looking at a 2 time HW champ.

I also like the Toney/Jason Robinson knockout.

Also on a much lower level a couple of Darnell Wilson's knockouts have been good fun to watch as well as Miranda's knockout of that Contender dude (too lazy to look it up.)

Oh too many to mention really.

Worst KO, easy Ali/Liston. Liston was the Tyson of his day and then some. There is simply no way Ali never a one punch KO artist knocked Liston out with that shot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.