Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sweat Pea is Training
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
King Eugene
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=20260

Not to be harsh but cant this MF barely talk... What is he going to use...sign language?

He's still one of my all time favorites though.
Romulus9
If inability to speak precluded someone from training, the Mayweather clan would be homeless.

Seriously, Pernell can outspeak Floyd and Roger any day of the week, and coked up at that.
thehype
Who is this "Sweat" Pea guy you're talking aobut?

laugh.gif

On a serious note, this isn't the first time that Sweet Pea has trained someone. In fact, he was actually training Zab Judah at one point.
The CEO
lol...you get bit by a Sweat Bee today, King..?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 5 2009, 02:43 AM) *
On a serious note, this isn't the first time that Sweet Pea has trained someone. In fact, he was actually training Zab Judah at one point.

That could explain a lot. Zab may have developed some bad habits.
King Eugene
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Jun 4 2009, 10:47 PM) *
lol...you get bit by a Sweat Bee today, King..?

lol WTF?
BigG
Spaddy was IBF champ FIVE years ago. IMO, so overrated. G-Leon once had him in his top 10 P4P.....
Romulus9
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Jun 5 2009, 12:12 AM) *
Spaddy was IBF champ FIVE years ago. IMO, so overrated. G-Leon once had him in his top 10 P4P.....

Leon has Verno Phillips in his top 10 P4P RIGHT NOW.
thehype
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Jun 5 2009, 12:12 AM) *

laugh.gif

You say that as if his opinion ever mattered.

laugh.gif
thehype
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jun 5 2009, 12:22 AM) *
Leon has Verno Phillips in his top 10 P4P RIGHT NOW.

And Allan Green in the top 5.

laugh.gif

On a serious note, he does have De La Hoya listed at #16.

Why is he still on the list? Because he makes legends out of champions and superstars out of solid fighters. Hopefully we haven't seen the last of boxing only true superstar. I would love to see Oscar get a win under his belt and then look to make a fight with one of the future hall of famers he hasn't fought like Vernon Forrest or Winky Wright.

Somewhere, I can just picture Oscar saying, "Who is Vernon Forrest? Who is Winky Wright?"

laugh.gif

That does bring up a good question though...

Are Vernon Forrest and Winky Wright future Hall of Famers?
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 5 2009, 03:25 PM) *

Winky will just scrape in I think. Vernon's body of work isn't quite as impressive, though, despite his two wins over Shane matching Winky's.

Black
EpTXCHAMP
I dnt think sweet pea gave zab those bad habits once yoel took over when Duva left zabs bad habits started showing.

If veron can win one more fight against martinez or even a spinks/cintron winner think he gets in

winky should make it but def not a first ballot hall of famer
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 5 2009, 09:25 AM) *

Vernon, no.

Winky, I think yes.
Spyder
laugh.gif

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought he was training to fight! lol..I kinda whispered to myself...son-of-a-bitch!

Glad to see he's training someone else. I think he'll do alright in that regard...although the best players don't always make the best coaches.

On the side topic...Winky will get in, Vernon will need more I think.
King Eugene
Winky's in!

No doubt about it.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 5 2009, 10:25 AM) *
And Allan Green in the top 5.

laugh.gif

On a serious note, he does have De La Hoya listed at #16.

Somewhere, I can just picture Oscar saying, "Who is Vernon Forrest? Who is Winky Wright?"

laugh.gif

well, I think Winky has a better case than Forrest. No one who has ever lost to Mayorga needs be any any sort of hall of fame.
King Eugene
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Jun 5 2009, 08:33 PM) *
well, I think Winky has a better case than Forrest. No one who has ever lost to Mayorga needs be any any sort of hall of fame.

Hell Mora too.
JLUVBABY
who has winky beat to be eligible for the hof?... he has been a solid fighter but hof'mer?... i dont think so.. he he beat mosely and trinidad but after that what? he rarely fights which causes himself not to have the best chance at winning the fights he does make.... seems to me he has lost more of his rescent fights than won... i wouldnt call him great.. but i would call him a very solid pro and champion... the hof has become very lax letting some of the guys in thats in there...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.