Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: why i dont like DLH
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
traced4040
ok firslty let me say that DLH's boxing resume reads like a whose who of Boxing Hall of Fame

but after reading an article about Mosley crushing Pacman i just realised how much i dont like him (i was gonna use the word hate but that was a bit much)

reasons below

never fought like a true mexican warrior

ran in the trinidad fight

never really admits losing and whines after losses

exploited his mexican heritage whilst never doing anything to make mexicans fans. evident with chavez snr wanting to accompany manny to the ring in their fight. i know they fought but most mexicans were apparently goin for pac

blamed roach for mayweather defeat. he got a split decision and was still ungracious despite the fact that he coulda won if he hadnt gassed and stuck to that game plan - also its that same game plan he's givin marquez

two faced as a promoter - atleast Bhop has cred (he said pac would win hatton fight despite the fact that he owns GB with oscar and hatton fights for GB)

looked fake in HBO 24/7 series

acted as if he was a god when proclaiming you've never fought in the big stage unless you've fought oscar

i laffed my ass off when he got of the plane and took a moment to look at his surroundings like he was a god or something

wanted ricky to continue boxing - which would be okay, but i felt he was being selfish given that ricky is with GB promotions

potrays himself as a family man then gets caught in panythose

lets mayweather call him a pantyhose wearin bitch in marquez presser - one thing to get called a bitch another thing to act like one, if DLH was a man he woulda done something to PBF instead of put on a fake smile and take it. the guy has kids (his own) that probs look up to him, atleast tell PBF off or something

King Eugene
QUOTE (traced4040 @ Jun 5 2009, 08:52 PM) *
ok firslty let me say that DLH's boxing resume reads like a whose who of Boxing Hall of Fame

but after reading an article about Mosley crushing Pacman i just realised how much i dont like him (i was gonna use the word hate but that was a bit much)

reasons below

ran in the trinidad fight

exploited his mexican heritage whilst never doing anything to make mexicans fans. evident with chavez snr wanting to accompany manny to the ring in their fight. i know they fought but most mexicans were apparently goin for pac

blamed roach for mayweather defeat. he got a split decision and was still ungracious despite the fact that he coulda won if he hadnt gassed and stuck to that game plan - also its that same game plan he's givin marquez

two faced as a promoter - atleast Bhop has cred (he said pac would win hatton fight despite the fact that he owns GB with oscar and hatton fights for GB)

looked fake in HBO 24/7 series

acted as if he was a god when proclaiming you've never fought in the big stage unless you've fought oscar

i laffed my ass off when he got of the plane and took a moment to look at his surroundings like he was a god or something

wanted ricky to continue boxing - which would be okay, but i felt he was being selfish given that ricky is with GB promotions

potrays himself as a family man then gets caught in panythose

lets mayweather call him a pantyhose wearin bitch in marquez presser - one thing to get called a bitch another thing to act like one, if DLH was a man he woulda done something to PBF instead of put on a fake smile and take it. the guy has kids (his own) that probs look up to him, atleast tell PBF off or something

I respect you, your post, and your opinions...I swear I do but some of this is just outrageous.

Dont get me wrong I agree with some of it except for the bold mainly. Answer this for me...the object is to hit and not get hit right? Win without taking too much damage right? Well why in the hell would he go out there and trade shots like a damn idiot when he has boxing skills? Ever wonder why most "True Mexican Warriors" careers dont last that long?

At the end of the day Oscar may be an asshole but he does have class. What kind of example would he have been setting for his kids had he reacted to Mayweather?
Keith
i agree with you 3king. i was never a big dlh fan. i enjoyed seeing him lose BUT... the guy has done a tremendous amount for the sport. i cant hate on the guy. gbp is a huge leap foward. when boxers are promoting other boxers that is good for boxing. nuf said.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 5 2009, 07:58 PM) *
I respect you, your post, and your opinions...I swear I do but some of this is just outrageous.

Dont get me wrong I agree with some of it except for the bold mainly. Answer this for me...the object is to hit and not get hit right? Win without taking too much damage right? Well why in the hell would he go out there and trade shots like a damn idiot when he has boxing skills? Ever wonder why most "True Mexican Warriors" careers dont last that long?

At the end of the day Oscar may be an asshole but he does have class. What kind of example would he have been setting for his kids had he reacted to Mayweather?

agreed 110% king...
provo
I really don't give a shit for ODLH as well ,but agree on the part where 3king3 say hit without getting hit , obviously traced4040 has never put on a pair of gloves ! Oscar has done a lot for the sport and is one of the bigest names in boxing,even if u don't know about boxing or watch it ,everyone knows who Oscar de la hoya is, and the man was bad when he was in his prime ! One of the smartest boxers of all time! And im talkin about business wise,this mans kids,kids,kids will have money..lol
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (traced4040 @ Jun 6 2009, 01:52 AM) *

Never fought like a Mexican warrior? Man, did you see the first Mosley and the Quartey fights? Oscar threw down like the best Mexicans in those fights and went to war with two of the best fighters out there.

And he never admits to losing just like every other fighter...have Whitaker, Hopkins, Hagler or ANYONE else ever admitted losing? Hell no, in their minds they're undefeated, so why should Oscar be different?

Acting as a god? Try inserting Floyd Mayweather's name into that statement, the dude is straight out delusional when it comes to his sense of pugilistic immortality.

Black
Byrd Man
there are still people out there that believe those pantyhose pictures were real? huh.gif
traced4040
ok i admit i probs shouldnt have put that thing about fightin like a real mexican but in my defense i did use the words dont like and not hate cause i respect what he did inthe ring

i think as a boxer he was great but the more i seem him or hear him talk as a promoter the more i dislike him

i dont know a lot about GB promotions but mny impressions are that whilst it was good for the industry, i dont see that it has done a hell of a lot other than give fighters another alternative for a promoter. i could be totally wrong here but i havent seen anything that makes them out to be different.

what i dont like is the whole PBF vs JMM vs MP situation.

schaeffer is on PBF side and DLH is on JMM side and they themselves do an orchestrated argument to promote the match. is that the best marketing ploy they can do?

but what really ticks me off is that GB is supposed to be JMM's promoters, and whilst i understand this is his big pay day, they totally sold him out for themselves.

there is no way they made the weight at 147 for his benefit, if they tried they could have made it atleast 144 but instead they sacrificed JMM to ensure a stronger bargaining positoin with Pac.

on top of that DLH (after handicapping him) tells the world that marquez can beat PBF and that this is the best time to fight PBF, he even says use the jab.

that really shits me cause he was so bitter to Roach and used Roach's gameplan as the reason he lost. now he's telling marquez that same gameplan will work

there is also the issue of mosley who is using a PR agency rather than GB (where he is Vice President) to challenge Pacquiao

i dont doubt for a second that DLH would rather PBF fight Pac for more money (and pride ~ with pac losing to PBF who he also could not beat)

i just get the feeling that he's trying to kill that option so that its easier for them to negotiate on PBF's behalf. i'd much rather see PBF vs Pac myself but i dont like how mosley is being treated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.