Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather jr "hitlist"
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
provo
Ok now we all have heard about PBF hitlist ,names that are being mentioned are pacquiao,mosley,cotto and also down the line victor ortiz,

Ok say he goes down this hitlist and takes these guys out! Would he finally get the respect as one of the greatest?
And don't be like "oh well he has to get past JMM "cause everyone knows mayweather is coming back2 prove something and poor marquez is going to get his ass kicked!
xxxxxx
QUOTE (provo @ Jun 6 2009, 12:31 AM) *
Ok now we all have heard about PBF hitlist ,names that are being mentioned are pacquiao,mosley,cotto and also down the line victor ortiz,

Ok say he goes down this hitlist and takes these guys out! Would he finally get the respect as one of the greatest?
And don't be like "oh well he has to get past JMM "cause everyone knows mayweather is coming back2 prove something and poor marquez is going to get his ass kicked!

Mayweather is already guaranteed a hall of fame spot, but if he were to beat Marquez, Pacman, Mosley, Cotto & then Ortiz...he would go down as having the best boxing career of anyone in the last 25 -30 years in boxing imo.
blackbelt2003
Floyd still has major work to do. As an overall body of work, his career is highly impressive, but not quite up to the level of previous generation's greats. If you break down his division-by-division achievements, it begins to look less sparkling.

SUPER FEATHER - his best division, and he is definitely one of the top 3 or 4 super feathers ever. Reigned for several years, virtually cleaned out the division and made umpteen impressive defences.

LIGHT - only four title fights, although they were against high quality fighters (personally I had no problem with the decision he got against Castillo)

JR WELTER - a paltry one fight

WELTER - three fights, only one of which was against a genuine title-caliber opponent (Zab, of course, was world class, but shouldn't have been a title fight considering he'd just 'lost' his title)

JR MIDDLE - a paltry one fight

So after a stellar opening in the super feather and lightweight divisions, for me Floyd has tailed off too much. If Floyd wants to put himself up there with the likes of Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones, Pernell Whitaker, Julio Cesar Chavez and other recent greats he needs to repeat what he did at super-feather in the welterweight division, and that means beating all of the following:

COTTO
MOSLEY
PAC

Black
Keith
here we go again with the pbf isnt getting enough respect crap again. the guy is getting 12 million to fight a guy 2 weight classes below him. thats not respect? as far as i have read on these forums, very few people dont think he is great fighter. the reason people dislike him is has avoided the best fights and talks to much shit. so ya, if he beats cotto and mosley i am sure he will go down as one of the greatest. as blackbelt pointed out, at 140/47/54 floyd has done next to nothing against tier 2 fighters. if you are going to call yourself the greatest you have to fight the best.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (provo @ Jun 6 2009, 06:31 AM) *

If he did he would. But he won't so he will get none from me. Fuck him I hope he gets his balls caught between the rim & the seat & becomes infertile.
provo
The greats like chvez,whitaker and roy jones! Ok I give the chavez and whitaker respect.but roy jones ? He's overated and never fought anyone
Mayweather is way better than roy !
Mayweather is going 2 kick JMM ass then pac ass !
He's one of the greatest,and I hope he kicks cotto and especially sorry ass shane mosley ass! Who wishes he was floyd!
Keith
QUOTE (provo @ Jun 6 2009, 12:22 PM) *
The greats like chvez,whitaker and roy jones! Ok I give the chavez and whitaker respect.but roy jones ? He's overated and never fought anyone
He's one of the greatest,and I hope he kicks cotto and especially sorry ass shane mosley ass! Who wishes he was floyd!

provo, you are a floyd cum guzzler. my guess is your about 15 years old.
Big Slim Sweet
No, beating JMM, Pac, Cotto and Shane will not earn my respect. I will then demand that he beat Williams and Pavlik and Abraham and Hopkins and Dawson and Adamek and Haye and the Klitschkos as well.

Then maybe, just maybe, I'll consider top 500 all-time.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (keith @ Jun 6 2009, 01:41 PM) *
provo, you are a floyd cum guzzler. my guess is your about 15 years old.

Yep. Absolutely no substance in his posts.
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (provo @ Jun 6 2009, 11:22 AM) *

dude RJJ overrated? espn rates him in the top 20 fighters ever! lets put it like this, if floyd was around when roy was a middle weight I guarantee you floyd wouldn't have move up to fight him like he did oscar
Warlord
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 6 2009, 02:08 PM) *
Yep. Absolutely no substance in his posts.

I am in favor with this assesment as well.
blackbelt2003
Getting off topic here, but how is Roy NOT one of the 50 GOATS?

I'm a little stunned that people can claim Roy is not a great, but Floyd IS. How does Floyd's greatest victory (W 12 DLH) compare with beating Hopkins and Toney, both of whom are streets ahead of Oscar in terms of greatness?

Black
D-MARV
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Jun 7 2009, 10:38 AM) *
Getting off topic here, but how is Roy NOT one of the 50 GOATS?

I'm a little stunned that people can claim Roy is not a great, but Floyd IS. How does Floyd's greatest victory (W 12 DLH) compare with beating Hopkins and Toney, both of whom are streets ahead of Oscar in terms of greatness?

Black

I just ignore people when they say Roy isn't an all time great. It's quite laughable.
traced4040
if floyd doesnt face off with Pac, Cotto, Mosley, Margarito, Pwill in his next fight

who would his opponent be?

Valero? Katsidis? Hatton? Bradley? Juan Diaz
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (traced4040 @ Jun 7 2009, 08:15 PM) *
if floyd doesnt face off with Pac, Cotto, Mosley, Margarito, Pwill in his next fight

who would his opponent be?

Valero? Katsidis? Hatton? Bradley? Juan Diaz

No fan of PBF and JMM as his next opponent, but I think he will go after a big dog at welterweight after JMM. He should be feeling cocky and confident after disposing of JMM.
D-MARV
If Floyd does not take on one of those guys after Juan Manuel Marquez, then he would deserve to be bashed.
AussieLad
I wouldnt be surprised if mayweather dodges the big 3.

I can see him pricing himslef out of a pac fight with unrealistic purse percentages, then saying "i beat JMM, the man who shouldve beat pac twice"

I can see him avoiding mosely, pretty much trumpeting the same old lines of mosely has too many losses, doesnt sell well, etc...

And i can see him pointing to margarito as an excuse not to fight cotto, especially considering that clottey is a live opponent vs cotto. Clottey may just throw a spanner into the works
JLUVBABY
floyd is money hungry and will go after the biggest fish after jmm which will be pac... if that fight isnt next mays. and pacs. people are stupid for not making it becase fact is pac. has a better chance of losing than floyd going up against the elite fighters.. regardless either one of those guys lose and that fight loses all kinds of luster... that fight is next.. only block is if cotto wins this saturday its no secret arum wants that fight as well... pac doesnt make it past cotto....
dude87
QUOTE (provo @ Jun 6 2009, 01:31 AM) *

First of all, Floyd is not the cash cow! He claims he made more than Pacquiao from the delahoya/hatton fight, but that was BEFORE the economy was #^$#^ ed up!
Lets See how much floyd makes in the marquez fight compared to his hatton/delahoya fight, and the next pacquiao fight. who agrees? No interview mentioned EVER about the money floyd made when the economy was good. so far Yet.

Now that people lost jobs, laid off and cant really pay for a 50-60 ppv fight, lets see how well he does now.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (dude87 @ Jun 9 2009, 12:01 AM) *
First of all, Floyd is not the cash cow! He claims he made more than Pacquiao from the delahoya/hatton fight, but that was BEFORE the economy was #^$#^ ed up!
Lets See how much floyd makes in the marquez fight compared to his hatton/delahoya fight, and the next pacquiao fight. who agrees? No interview mentioned EVER about the money floyd made when the economy was good. so far Yet.

Now that people lost jobs, laid off and cant really pay for a 50-60 ppv fight, lets see how well he does now.

I really think more people will be interested in how the sales to this fight are, compared to how the actual fight plays out. Everybody knows PBF got this fight won already in the ring, what is going to be interesting is to see the PPV numbers after the fact. The economy could be a factor. Who besides boxing fans knows who JMM is? 24/7 show should def help sales. Does it compete with any MMA events that night? What will the undercard be like? I am kind of up in the air to the numbers it gets. I do not think it will do real poorly, but I do not see it doing great numbers either.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 9 2009, 12:42 AM) *
I really think more people will be interested in how the sales to this fight are, compared to how the actual fight plays out. Everybody knows PBF got this fight won already in the ring, what is going to be interesting is to see the PPV numbers after the fact. The economy could be a factor. Who besides boxing fans knows who JMM is? 24/7 show should def help sales. Does it compete with any MMA events that night? What will the undercard be like? I am kind of up in the air to the numbers it gets. I do not think it will do real poorly, but I do not see it doing great numbers either.

So true. How much this fight sells is the single most important thing about it moving forward. And that's a damn shame.

jlupi
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Jun 6 2009, 10:41 PM) *
dude RJJ overrated?

In my opinion roy was the best fighter I ever saw. I rate him with the very best ever. However, objectively its hard to make that argument. He mostly played it safe in a somewhat weak division
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 8 2009, 01:51 AM) *
If Floyd does not take on one of those guys after Juan Manuel Marquez, then he would deserve to be bashed.

With a tyre iron in front of his kids. Hang on a sec he deserves that anyway.

Just to add that if this fight does less than 500K buys then it shows Floyd is a abject failure at being any kind of PPV attraction.

I certainly will not be buying it & I don't know a single person who will be buying it.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (jlupi @ Jun 9 2009, 05:01 PM) *
In my opinion roy was the best fighter I ever saw. I rate him with the very best ever. However, objectively its hard to make that argument. He mostly played it safe in a somewhat weak division

i have to agree to a certain degree.. at his very best its hard to see roy losing to a lot of the all timers... at middleweight he was just a beast... by time he hit lt. heavy he had lost some of the pop he carried at the lighter weights but he was still packing stingers... some may not agree but he beat john ruiz that fought and beat some very solid heavies in fights he wasnt supposed to win... roy was a great fighter... his only downfall was after the ruiz fight he should have stayed as a heavyweight and parlayed that championship into many more millions than what he wold make otherwise... the fight i always said he should have made was the tyson fight and i think he would have beaten that version of tyson... that fight would have probably become the highest grossing fight ever and he could have sailed off into the sunset legacy sealed... he has a legacy now but most will remember him for the 3 back to back to back losses... and he was never the same after cutting the weight... there would have been no disgrace even had he fought tyson and lost to a lennox lewis or what not.... he was set to make unGodly money against those guys...
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 9 2009, 07:31 PM) *
With a tyre iron in front of his kids. Hang on a sec he deserves that anyway.

Just to add that if this fight does less than 500K buys then it shows Floyd is a abject failure at being any kind of PPV attraction.

I certainly will not be buying it & I don't know a single person who will be buying it.

If Floyd has to do 500K to get credit then I say that the standard is being held very high.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 9 2009, 11:53 PM) *
If Floyd has to do 500K to get credit then I say that the standard is being held very high.

What do you mean. This is the guy that did 2.5M buys & claims he is responsable for it. Now he is fighting the #2 P4P guy in his comback from a lengthy retirement. Holding him to a measly 500K buys when he has shown he can generate 2.5M buys is going easy on him really. BTW this is a standard that piece of trash himself set. On review considering all the above he should do at least 700K buys if he is teh PPV king as he proclaims.
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 9 2009, 08:01 PM) *
What do you mean. This is the guy that did 2.5M buys & claims he is responsable for it. Now he is fighting the #2 P4P guy in his comback from a lengthy retirement. Holding him to a measly 500K buys when he has shown he can generate 2.5M buys is going easy on him really. BTW this is a standard that piece of trash himself set. On review considering all the above he should do at least 700K buys if he is teh PPV king as he proclaims.

LOL... ok.

I never said that Mayweather was the PPV king. He will never do numbers Oscar did. That's plain stupid to think. All I have ever said was that he was just as big or even a bigger draw then Manny. I'm sure if and when Floyd steps in with an opponent that has a good chance of beating him like Mosley or Pacquiao, you, Fitz, as well as others, will tune in to see Floyd get KTFO.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 10 2009, 01:14 AM) *
LOL... ok.

I never said that Mayweather was the PPV king. He will never do numbers Oscar did. That's plain stupid to think. All I have ever said was that he was just as big or even a bigger draw then Manny. I'm sure if and when Floyd steps in with an opponent that has a good chance of beating him like Mosley or Pacquiao, you, Fitz, as well as others, will tune in to see Floyd get KTFO.

No you never said it Floyd did time & time again. As he is the "king of PPV" & the "biggest draw in the game", his words not anyone elses then I hold him to higher standards than other mere mortal fighters.

I will tune in to see him fight & never said otherwise I just will not pay to do so as I refuse to put money in his pocket. Pubs & clubs around my city show it for free so that is what I will do.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 9 2009, 07:01 PM) *

Fucking fantastic post!

I think 500K is the bare minimum. Anything below will be seen as a disgrace due to all the shit he's been talking about it. After Pac-Hatton did 825,000, and with everything Floyd's been saying about his fight with Hatton doing better and all that was due to him? He better be pulling in some big-time numbers next month.
STEVENSKI
Slim you know I keep it real & that # is the minimum he should do. After all he is the most electrifying charasmatic big $ huge PPV # generating fighter in the world today.

Those are his words & he will back them up. I expect this PPV to crack 1M buys at least as we all know what a draw PBF is & fighting a Mexican warrior on PPV means it could crack his previous bests.
JonnyBlaze
I really want to get this PPV just to see how it plays out..After saying that,I would hate to add a +1 to the PPV buys for Mayweather..I like watching him fight but I don't support him even though I have defended him on here and I hope there is a very very low PPV number of buys..Mexicans are die hard fans for the mexican fighters so I figure they are going to be a big portion of the PPV buys to support Marquez..I hate generalizing but I feel it's really true..As for me,I might have to watch my first bar fight..I don't want to put anymore money in Mayweather's pocket..I like to be able to fully concentrate on a fight at mine or a friends house but I may have to tough this one out..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 10 2009, 02:37 AM) *
I really want to get this PPV just to see how it plays out..After saying that,I would hate to add a +1 to the PPV buys for Mayweather..I like watching him fight but I don't support him even though I have defended him on here and I hope there is a very very low PPV number of buys..Mexicans are die hard fans for the mexican fighters so I figure they are going to be a big portion of the PPV buys to support Marquez..I hate generalizing but I feel it's really true..As for me,I might have to watch my first bar fight..I don't want to put anymore money in Mayweather's pocket..I like to be able to fully concentrate on a fight at mine or a friends house but I may have to tough this one out..

I will not pay for it because it has mismatch written all over it, and plus the fact I really doubt there will be a solid undercard. I will watch the replay or try to watch it free somewhere. Is this going to be the normal 50-60 dollars PPV? Or is it cheaper? Just wondered if it is cheaper, like $30, that would sure help sales alot. Here's hoping it to be the more expensive option.

Oh...If you really want to see how this fight plays out, maybe I will come down to your gym and spar with your trainer. We are similar in weight, after I get done smacking your trainer around a few rounds, I will end it with some quick pitter pat punches as you throw in the towel to save your trainer. There... I just saved you $50.
STEVENSKI
Go the bar fight Jon. Do not put a cent in that clowns pocket!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 10 2009, 06:46 AM) *
I will not pay for it because it has mismatch written all over it, and plus the fact I really doubt there will be a solid undercard. I will watch the replay or try to watch it free somewhere. Is this going to be the normal 50-60 dollars PPV? Or is it cheaper? Just wondered if it is cheaper, like $30, that would sure help sales alot. Here's hoping it to be the more expensive option.

Looks like Tecate (whoever they are) is offering a $25 rebate if you waste your money on the fight.

The way this is looking you will need to subtract at least 40% of the buys as being from Mexicans.
King Eugene
As much as I want to see this fight I'll just wait around for it to replay. I'm a big Floyd fan but I refuse to keep paying for these PPV's with shitty undercards. Even if the economy wasn't bad I still wouldn't purchase this fight. I'm like everyone else, I'm tired of giving these fuckers my hard earned money for these bullshit shows they've been putting together. If there where like two or three title fights on the card then cool but I dont want to see guys on there with 18 fights on record combined. Let ESPN and versus show that shit! I think he may get 30ok-400k tops. I don't say this cause I don't like him, I say this cause a lot of fans dont expect a knockout when Floyd fights and the casual fans only want to pay for knockouts. I wont go to the bar to watch it either cause I hate hearing half drunk guys analyzing fights when they don't know shit about either of them. They just know one is mexican and the other was on WWE.

Speaking of that, I ordered the Pac vs. Hatton fight and my uncle was over watching it with me. He had already had like 8 beers some a glass of vodka so he was pretty wasted(nothing new for him though). In the first round he is going to tell me "that white boy keep fighting like that he is going to knock that little dude out...watch what I tell ya," of course I look at him like he is about half dumb. Bam Hatton goes down and my uncle gets quite. LOL I'm over there smirking yet keeping quite. The start of the second round takes way and my uncle once again says, "watch what I'm telling you...that white boy is about to smoke him" and I'm like aight Unc! I look over to refresh my computer cause of course I'm on the fighthype.com forum boards and my uncle says aight man you about to miss this white boy put it on him and as soon as I look up....BAM! Hatton was out cold on his feet. LMAO My uncle just put his head down...shook it, looked up at me and said "I told you that white boy was about to get knocked out didn't I?" I couldn't stop myself from laughing. LOL He had no idea what either one of their names where but was telling me what was going to happen. Guys like this are guys I avoid by not going to the bar.

On a side note though, I dont care who Roy Jones Jr. fights...I'll be purchasing that PPV everytime.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 10 2009, 02:07 AM) *
On a side note though, I dont care who Roy Jones Jr. fights...I'll be purchasing that PPV everytime.

It's too bad we're fans of guys who are always on PPV these days..We gotta cough up the dough..Holy and Roy will live on PPV for the rest of their careers..
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 10 2009, 03:36 AM) *
It's too bad we're fans of guys who are always on PPV these days..We gotta cough up the dough..Holy and Roy will live on PPV for the rest of their careers..

I swear I wish they both fight a farewell fight against each other. Win lose or draw I see them walking out the arena with many cheers like Rocky on Rocky Balboa.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 10 2009, 02:40 AM) *
I swear I wish they both fight a farewell fight against each other. Win lose or draw I see them walking out the arena with many cheers like Rocky on Rocky Balboa.

If it was a farewell fight against each other,I'd want it to be a good competitive draw(considering they are older and all that)..They'd both be fighting a big name and a fellow HOF'er so it'd be best for it to happen that way for each of em..
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 10 2009, 03:49 AM) *
If it was a farewell fight against each other,I'd want it to be a good competitive draw(considering they are older and all that)..They'd both be fighting a big name and a fellow HOF'er so it'd be best for it to happen that way for each of em..

Now you know good and dang well they wouldn't settle for no draw. They'd definitely schedule a rematch.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 10 2009, 02:50 AM) *
Now you know good and dang well they wouldn't settle for no draw. They'd definitely schedule a rematch.

Yeah,I thought about that too..I was thinking more along the lines of both of them saying that no matter what it'd be their last fight so there wouldn't be a rematch..It'd never happened but we can only hope..
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 10 2009, 07:50 AM) *

You two clowns would buy that rematch too.
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 10 2009, 07:53 PM) *
You two clowns would buy that rematch too.

actually I wouldn't, I would go see both of them live!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 10 2009, 07:01 PM) *
actually I wouldn't, I would go see both of them live!

You're the fuckin man!!!!hahahahahaha..I'd be sittin right next to you too..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 10 2009, 08:16 PM) *
You're the fuckin man!!!!hahahahahaha..I'd be sittin right next to you too..

FAGS!!! laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 10 2009, 08:20 PM) *
FAGS!!! laugh.gif

fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.