Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HAYE TO FACE VITALI INSTEAD?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
blackbelt2003
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...the-family.html

The Sun newspaper is reporting that Haye may be taking on Vitali instead now...check the link above.

Black
Lil-lightsout
I sure hope this fight gets made. I would favor Haye in this one slightly. Vitali keeps his hands down dangerously low, and with Hayes speed I think he will capitalize on that. Though Vitali does have a better beard than Wlad and is way tougher mentally. Either way, I think we get an exciting shootout.
salvador
Haye has zero chance against Vitali. Haye's only chance against Wlad was landing one lucky/blind shot on that glass jaw. Vitali's chin is made of granite. Vitali will abuse Haye for 5 or 6 rounds and then Haye quits.
JD
Vitali is going to slap Haye around, and it is going to be funny.
JLUVBABY
yeah haye will lose to both of those guys but at least he will give himself the best chance to win... and he does have that one thing going for him.. he thinks he can win.. you have to think you can win most of the time before you can pull the win off.... i talk a lot of noise on the guy (haye) but at least he thinks he can do it... thats the first step...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 8 2009, 04:53 PM) *
I sure hope this fight gets made. I would favor Haye in this one slightly. Vitali keeps his hands down dangerously low, and with Hayes speed I think he will capitalize on that. Though Vitali does have a better beard than Wlad and is way tougher mentally. Either way, I think we get an exciting shootout.

How is Haye going to use his speed when he is having problems getting close enough to use it??Vitali uses slight movements to keep his opponent at range..He is a hell of a lot smarter fighter than he is given credit for..I don't see this being close if it happens..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 8 2009, 08:04 PM) *
How is Haye going to use his speed when he is having problems getting close enough to use it??Vitali uses slight movements to keep his opponent at range..He is a hell of a lot smarter fighter than he is given credit for..I don't see this being close if it happens..

How did Vitali look against Gomez in his last outing? And Gomez is garbage, just like the Peter who did NOTHING against Vitali. Vitali is def tough once he gets in there, except when he quit against Byrd, but the way he holds his hands so damn low has to be reason for concern. Plus Vitali is not fast, and Haye is very fast, and I see him connecting quite a bit on Vitali at his advanced age. The young has a shot to take out the old. I guess I really like so far what I have seen in Haye, though it is obvious not many share my thoughts.

You actually think Haye is going to have problems getting close to Vitali? Haye is here to WIN, and I know he will be winging punches in there over and over until he hits his target. He is not going to just sit back and fight the robot's fight. Of course Vitali could catch Haye and put him to sleep also, but I will not count out Haye due to several reasons.
King Eugene
I don't care what nobody says, Haye will give him self a chance to win...against anybody. He seems like the type that will go out on his shield if need be. I'm a stop you or your going to stop me type. He's exciting to watch and I think he gives both Klits trouble.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 8 2009, 07:50 PM) *
How did Vitali look against Gomez in his last outing? And Gomez is garbage, just like the Peter who did NOTHING against Vitali. Vitali is def tough once he gets in there, except when he quit against Byrd, but the way he holds his hands so damn low has to be reason for concern. Plus Vitali is not fast, and Haye is very fast, and I see him connecting quite a bit on Vitali at his advanced age. The young has a shot to take out the old. I guess I really like so far what I have seen in Haye, though it is obvious not many share my thoughts.

You actually think Haye is going to have problems getting close to Vitali? Haye is here to WIN, and I know he will be winging punches in there over and over until he hits his target. He is not going to just sit back and fight the robot's fight. Of course Vitali could catch Haye and put him to sleep also, but I will not count out Haye due to several reasons.

That was Vitali's worst fight I've ever seen but I think Chambers' style is what allowed him to do that..Haye had been put down by Jean Marc-Mormeck which is nothing to be ashamed of but Vitali hits a lot harder..You make good points,like always but we just see it different ways..I feel Vitali's ring smarts and toughness will get him the W in this fight..I also wonder how Haye will handle a 250 lb guy leaning on him if he gets in close..Haye will need to be extra quick on his feet to try to get in there..

I watched a video of how Haye thinks he was going to block Wlad's jab and it's horrible..He just sits there and closes his hands together..What the fuck is that going to do??He needs to make Wlad feel uncomfortable when throwing his jab and make advances while parrying the jab,not just sitting there..If he blocked the jab the way he showed he was going to,Wlad would split his hands and land right hands after the jab..Haye's defense is a weakness of his..When blocking the way he was,he makes himself a stationary target..

I think when Vitali quit against Byrd it was a bad decision but also a good one..We have no idea what the pain felt like in his shoulder..We have seen guys gut it out with only one arm before(Holyfield,Danny Williams to name 2), but Vitali was thinking about his future in boxing..When an injury like that happens,the longer you fight with it gets a lot more fucked up..I know you and everyone knows that but Vitali is a smart guy and was thinking about his future..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 9 2009, 01:42 AM) *
That was Vitali's worst fight I've ever seen but I think Chambers' style is what allowed him to do that..Haye had been put down by Jean Marc-Mormeck which is nothing to be ashamed of but Vitali hits a lot harder..You make good points,like always but we just see it different ways..I feel Vitali's ring smarts and toughness will get him the W in this fight..I also wonder how Haye will handle a 250 lb guy leaning on him if he gets in close..Haye will need to be extra quick on his feet to try to get in there..

I watched a video of how Haye thinks he was going to block Wlad's jab and it's horrible..He just sits there and closes his hands together..What the fuck is that going to do??He needs to make Wlad feel uncomfortable when throwing his jab and make advances while parrying the jab,not just sitting there..If he blocked the jab the way he showed he was going to,Wlad would split his hands and land right hands after the jab..Haye's defense is a weakness of his..When blocking the way he was,he makes himself a stationary target..

I think when Vitali quit against Byrd it was a bad decision but also a good one..We have no idea what the pain felt like in his shoulder..We have seen guys gut it out with only one arm before(Holyfield,Danny Williams to name 2), but Vitali was thinking about his future in boxing..When an injury like that happens,the longer you fight with it gets a lot more fucked up..I know you and everyone knows that but Vitali is a smart guy and was thinking about his future..

You been drinking tonight??? Your trainer accidentally KO you while doing punch mitts?

Chambers??? You mean Gomez?

Wlad??? I thought we were talking about Vitali?
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 9 2009, 01:42 AM) *

Not trying to make a huge comparison but before Holyfield was considered great critics asked the same question. Atleast give Haye a shot at proving himself.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 9 2009, 12:54 AM) *
Not trying to make a huge comparison but before Holyfield was considered great critics asked the same question. Atleast give Haye a shot at proving himself.

No doubt..I know my post was one sided for Vitali but I think Haye has a chance..The biggest difference is that Holy can take anyone's punch but Haye has been down against Mormeck at cruiser..Haye was talking about he'd be more like Tyson than his normal self against a Klitchko and I think that's real bad strategy..Holy was real smart when closing distance..Guys think they shouldn't jab with taller guys but Holy did and he showed that it can be done..Holy had an amazing jab though..Haye has good speed so if he makes sure to throw it,he may find out it works..Too many guys get intimidated by the height of the Klitchkos..I've sparred with a 6'8 dude before and controled him with my jab..Doubles and triples are key..
Warlord
QUOTE (JD @ Jun 8 2009, 06:47 PM) *
Vitali is going to slap Haye around, and it is going to be funny.

Co-sign... if Haye doesn't puss out again.
STEVENSKI
I seriously don't get the hate for Haye. He is a small heavyweight who is making some noise & appears to be willing to fight anyone in the division. If he wins or loses is irrelevant he is prepared to have a go & make some noise whilst doing it.

The way some of you guys are carrying on it seems that you have liked the way the division has been going since Lennox retired. Good for you I hope it stays that way & you can all enjoy the excitement the Klit bros along with Valuev & Ruiz provide for you.

Heavyweights suck anyway & have hearts the size of peas by & large compared to the small boys sub lightweight who fight until they are hamburger.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 9 2009, 02:03 AM) *
I seriously don't get the hate for Haye. He is a small heavyweight who is making some noise & appears to be willing to fight anyone in the division. If he wins or loses is irrelevant he is prepared to have a go & make some noise whilst doing it.

The way some of you guys are carrying on it seems that you have liked the way the division has been going since Lennox retired. Good for you I hope it stays that way & you can all enjoy the excitement the Klit bros along with Valuev & Ruiz provide for you.

Heavyweights suck anyway & have hearts the size of peas by & large compared to the small boys sub lightweight who fight until they are hamburger.

Having heart in today's heavyweight division is a rare thing..250 lb men are landing bombs on each other and anyone can go down..Defense is lacking in heavyweight..Guys use their offense as defense and it just doesn't work out..How could you not like Holyfield??He is tough as nails and never gave up..Vitali has a lot of heart too..What he showed us against Lennox was very impressive..I will always wonder how he took that one brutal uppercut..That was the best uppercut Lennox could throw and Vitali stayed on his feet..He got his face bloodied real bad and kept fighting and was pissed as hell when they called the fight while Lennox looked like he couldn't go another minute in the ring just walked back to his corner knowing how close his title almost left him..

Yet,they don't make heavyweights like they used to Steve..I know you know that as well while others will just think I'm just trying to say the old school is better..
blackbelt2003
Word, Stevenski, why the hate for Haye?

Surely a little guy who goes in there winging power shots, determined to KO the best opposition available is a PLUS!!!

Man, I'm rooting for Haye to get the win, the heavyweight division NEEDS someone like him.

But, if the fight happens, I wouldn't pick against Vitali. But I guess that's what makes Haye's challenge so exciting and audacious.

Black
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 9 2009, 08:02 AM) *
Having heart in today's heavyweight division is a rare thing..250 lb men are landing bombs on each other and anyone can go down..Defense is lacking in heavyweight..Guys use their offense as defense and it just doesn't work out..How could you not like Holyfield??He is tough as nails and never gave up..Vitali has a lot of heart too..What he showed us against Lennox was very impressive..I will always wonder how he took that one brutal uppercut..That was the best uppercut Lennox could throw and Vitali stayed on his feet..He got his face bloodied real bad and kept fighting and was pissed as hell when they called the fight while Lennox looked like he couldn't go another minute in the ring just walked back to his corner knowing how close his title almost left him..

Yet,they don't make heavyweights like they used to Steve..I know you know that as well while others will just think I'm just trying to say the old school is better..

So fucking what Jon. Big guys crack each other with "bombs" & I am supposed to be impressed? This is a exact reason why I will very very rarely rate any heavyweight as P4P anything. They show nothing in the ring regarding heart compared to the little guys & their skills by & large are subpar. Wlad is "skilled" when he is one of the few big men that will use a jab. Please he shows as much fucking skill as a washed up Gatti.

I am not saying that guys trading is not great to watch but there is a big difference between Wlad's lumbering almost laboured exceptionally cautious style that is regarded as skillful & a fluid boxer puncher like a JMM for example who puts on a masterclass.

Fuck all these heavyweights they should use my shit for toothpaste so they get the same taste in their mouths as I do when I watch them fight.

Blackbelt is right. Haye may be small & he may be "chinny" & he may ge a gobby cunt but he has personality which is something that seems to be a foreign object in the heavyweights. Imagine how much credit a guy like Mayweather would get if he mouthed off & chose the hardest possible challenge for himself.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 9 2009, 03:02 AM) *
Vitali has a lot of heart too..What he showed us against Lennox was very impressive..I will always wonder how he took that one brutal uppercut..That was the best uppercut Lennox could throw and Vitali stayed on his feet..He got his face bloodied real bad and kept fighting and was pissed as hell when they called the fight while Lennox looked like he couldn't go another minute in the ring just walked back to his corner knowing how close his title almost left him..

Lennox showed EVERY BIT as much heart in that fight as Vitali did. He was throwing and taking bombs. He was hurt. He was tired. He kept going.

I'm with Stevenski and blackbelt. I would LOVE to see Haye make some noise in the heavyweight division and knock these Klitschkos the fuck out. I don't think he will unfortunately, but if he did it would be THE SINGLE BEST THING that could happen to the sport of boxing right now, IMNSHO.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Jun 9 2009, 12:05 PM) *
I'm with Stevenski and blackbelt. I would LOVE to see Haye make some noise in the heavyweight division and knock these Klitschkos the fuck out. I don't think he will unfortunately, but if he did it would be THE SINGLE BEST THING that could happen to the sport of boxing right now, IMNSHO.

And Lil-Lightsout. I am with you guys too.
JD
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 9 2009, 02:22 AM) *
Co-sign... if Haye doesn't puss out again.

Which is far from a guarantee.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 9 2009, 11:15 AM) *
And Lil-Lightsout. I am with you guys too.

LOL. And Lil-lightsout too.
BGv2.0
I myself think this is the MUCH more easy fight for Haye!

I don't care what anybody says...Vitali IMHO has looked EVERY BIT of his nearly 40 years in his last two outings. I don't care how strong the guy is....is going to have to be quick to land on Haye and I don't see that taking place.

Gomez....who himself is no young buck, landed shot after shot on Vitali...some of which I think actually stunned Vitali.....although he was never really hurt or in major trouble....it tells me if Gomez can do it....Haye surely can.

His reflexes are not there....he's even slower than he ever was before.

Unless Haye takes the Peter route of just setting there and eating punches.....he will give this OLD version of Vitali a very good fight....if not beat him.

If you ask me to put money on this one....I'm going with the fresher, younger, powerful fighter over the old, slow, injury prone one.

I just think Vitali is too old to hold off Haye based on what I saw here of late...for sure with Gomez.

NOW....that's not to say Vitali can't land the huge punch that changes it all.....sure he can.

But I just don't think it will happen.....I could see Haye winning by UD.
JD
David Haye was floored by Monte Barrett, even though the ref never called it. He later talked about how surprised he was by how hard Barrett hit.

Wlad or Vitali flatten David Haye.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JD @ Jun 9 2009, 11:32 PM) *
David Haye was floored by Monte Barrett, even though the ref never called it. He later talked about how surprised he was by how hard Barrett hit.

Wlad or Vitali flatten David Haye.

It does not matter if Haye will get beaten by the Klit's what matters is he brings some excitement & balls to a division lacking in every single area imaginable. This is the worst I have ever seen the division & it does not look like getting any better with absolute bums like Arreola reaching contender status.

Remember the days when the heavyweight champion was the baddest man on the planet?

Try saying Wlad is the baddest man on the planet. If you can keep a straight face then you should take up high stakes poker & move to Vegas JD.

Jonny you can try too since you have wood for the Klit bros. I tried & made it as far as Wlad before laughing.

ROLL DEEP
Oh shoot. I'm going to have to side with Vitali in this one.

The way he keeps his opponents at a distance is superb and Haye, being A LOT smaller, will struggle to get in.

Although I think Haye's speed may cause a problem to start off with, Vitali will end up pummeling Haye senseless.
JonnyBlaze
I think everyone has also forgotten about how accurate Vitali is with his punches..He is definitely a sharp shooter..

The way he keeps the distance is amazing and he uses very low energy doing it too,which is very smart..
STEVENSKI
Seriously guys say "WLAD IS THE BADDEST MAN ON THE PLANET". See how far you can get before you laugh.

salvador
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jun 9 2009, 05:58 PM) *
I myself think this is the MUCH more easy fight for Haye!

I don't care what anybody says...Vitali IMHO has looked EVERY BIT of his nearly 40 years in his last two outings. I don't care how strong the guy is....is going to have to be quick to land on Haye and I don't see that taking place.

Gomez....who himself is no young buck, landed shot after shot on Vitali...some of which I think actually stunned Vitali.....although he was never really hurt or in major trouble....it tells me if Gomez can do it....Haye surely can.

His reflexes are not there....he's even slower than he ever was before.

Unless Haye takes the Peter route of just setting there and eating punches.....he will give this OLD version of Vitali a very good fight....if not beat him.

If you ask me to put money on this one....I'm going with the fresher, younger, powerful fighter over the old, slow, injury prone one.

I just think Vitali is too old to hold off Haye based on what I saw here of late...for sure with Gomez.

NOW....that's not to say Vitali can't land the huge punch that changes it all.....sure he can.

But I just don't think it will happen.....I could see Haye winning by UD.

Wow.

It's so totally impossible for me to see Haye hurting Vitali that I just can't imagine what you are thinking. As slow and tired as Vitali might get in the late rounds, Haye's going to be at least as tired from ducking/running from/eating all those jabs - that is if Haye is even still around in the late rounds.

Vitali's jab is way underrated. It's a heavy punch and the reach advantage is so huge. At some point Vitali will land an overhand right behind that jab and it'll be good night.

The only way Haye wins this fight is if Vitali gets injured (sprains ankle, twists knee, cut ect.).
blackbelt2003
I can sorta see sense in both.

I don't think there was anyway Haye was gonna outbox Wlad, but I think his speed might be enough to make the Vitali fight close on the cards. The question is in whether Haye can go twelve hard rounds without buckling under the power and strength of Vitali.

I don't think he will, Vitali TKO 10.

But, fuck it, GOOOOOOOOOO HAYE!

Black
Thegreatequalizer
don't fool yourself. the first clean 1-2 that vitali lands will probably put haye to sleep.

haye won't be able to hurt vitali. and vitali is very good at keeping out of range of smaller guys. vitali clinching him will wear him out very quickly.

haye is a pure hype job. have to give props to him for promoting himself. more boxers need to be outspoken and make a big deal about things. but that's not going to help haye in the fight. he's doomed.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 10 2009, 04:06 PM) *
Wow.

It's so totally impossible for me to see Haye hurting Vitali that I just can't imagine what you are thinking. As slow and tired as Vitali might get in the late rounds, Haye's going to be at least as tired from ducking/running from/eating all those jabs - that is if Haye is even still around in the late rounds.

Vitali's jab is way underrated. It's a heavy punch and the reach advantage is so huge. At some point Vitali will land an overhand right behind that jab and it'll be good night.

The only way Haye wins this fight is if Vitali gets injured (sprains ankle, twists knee, cut ect.).

All you have to do is take a look at the Gomez fight. Gomez was able to go to the late rounds with this version of Vitali. Not only that, he also was able to land very clean shots on him....and Gomez is no young buck himself.

I think Haye hits much harder and is much faster than Gomez. I KNOW come fight time Vitali will be older.

The Vitali of 2003.....takes Gomez out in 6 or less.....today's could not.

And that's not a knock....it's just what age does.

If you have a guy like Haye that will fight, has some speed and talent...and more importantly the youth and health to actually try. I myself....don't think Vitali of today is going to deal with that nearly as well as what people seem to think he will.

I think many people think of the Vitali of years ago when they mention his ability and wha he brings.

When to really gauge him...you need to think about his 2 recent fights.....one with a guy that just sttod there and ate punches the other with an older, non-powerful veteran in Gomez.

When you look at those 2 performances.....throw out all of the past...because it's really not relevant today....I myself have not been very impressed with him.

I will say....IMHO this is a very good fight to REALLY judge where Vitali is at this point in his career. He is fighting a younger, talented, fast guy.....which is much better of an opponent than his last two have been.
salvador
I didn't see the Gomez fight, but I did see the Peter fight which was only 6 months ago and I thought Vitali looked solid in that one. And while I'm sure that Haye could outbox Peter in the same way that Floyd outboxed Baldomir, there's no way that Haye could have ko'd Peter, which is the difference. Vitali's jab may not be technically perfect (he obviously keeps his left hand way too low) and it's possible that Haye is able to exploit that one flaw with his speed, but I can't see Haye standing in front of Vitali long enough to land combinations without getting tagged. And if he's not going to throw combinations, there's no way he hurts Vitali. On the other hand, if Vitali lands one solid jab followed by a big right hand, Haye's finished.

I also think that at 38, Vitali will be the fresher fighter if this fight goes to the late rounds due to the fact that Haye will be running all night and because Vitali's jab will take a lot of steam out of the smaller/younger man.

I hope you're right because I'd love to see a young, fresh, brash hw, but I just can't see it at all.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 12 2009, 11:11 AM) *
I did see the Peter fight which was only 6 months ago and I thought Vitali looked solid in that one.

there's no way that Haye could have ko'd Peter, which is the difference.

Anybody will look good with a guy that literally does nothing. Holyfield looked wonderful when Valuev did the exact same thing. Peter did nothing in that fight, one can argue that he could not figure out how to muster an offense...but in the end...he stood there and got hit without any form of offense or defense.

AND...I would not be so sure about Haye not being able to KO Peter.....Peter was tagged and in a few instances actually looked a little wobbly with the light hitting Chambers in his last fight.

That is why I think Haye will be a really good gauge for where Vitali is at 38. Unlike Peter and Gomez.....he is a live body....so I will be interested to see how it plays out.
Method
BIG BIG mistake taking on Vitaleee instead of Wlad i queer.
JD
LOL...if this fight comes off, Haye is going to get slapped around.
D-MARV
Vitali is shot!

JD
Not shot enough to lose to a guy that got dropped by Monte Barrett (even though the ref did not rule it) and was stunned by how big of a puncher he was.
D-MARV
We'll see. I'm giving Haye a huge chance for the upset. Wlad is much tougher in my opinion.
JD
Either of them put Haye to sleep in my opinion.
Method
and now way babee CLITko is more dangerous than the BIG CLITko.
salvador
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 12 2009, 08:41 PM) *
We'll see. I'm giving Haye a huge chance for the upset. Wlad is much tougher in my opinion.

It's almost amazing the degree to which we seem to agree on such fundamental issues.

Haye has absolutely no chance against Vitali because Vitali has an iron jaw.

Haye has a slim chance against Wlad because of one and only one reason: Wlad has a glass jaw.

Haye is too small and too delicate for either of the Klits. Wlad, however, has a glass jaw and Haye could possibly land the punch of a lifetime. Other than that one punch, Haye is totally out of his league with the Klits.

This is so basic.
King Eugene
I remember when the Margarito Mosley fight was being discussed and everyone was talking about Margarito's iron chin. I questioned whether his career had taken a toll on him and would it still hold up in the Mosley fight. Well it didn't...I'm thinking the same thing may happen to Vitali.
King Eugene
Didn't want to start a new thread for this one so I'll just add it to one that was already active.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=20981

Sept. 12th is the day...I cant wait to see how this one plays out. I'm rooting for Haye but I think Vitali will catch him flush with that straight right after a jab and put him on queer street!
Romulus9
I hope Vitali hits Haye with a right hand so hard that his grandchildren get dizzy and fall off of the barstool in their British pub (obviously not out of a dentist's chair) 30 years from now.

Then, after Haye has been counted out and is being attended to, I hope Wlad walks over, pisses on his head, and gives his wife/girlfriend a nice hoagie slap right on the forehead.
D-MARV
I'm calling an upset!

A fat Kirk Johnson, Sam Peter, and Juan Carlos Gomez don't have half the skill set Haye has and Vitali looked shitty in his last fight. Wladimir is much tougher in my opinion.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jul 13 2009, 09:15 PM) *
I hope Vitali hits Haye with a right hand so hard that his grandchildren get dizzy and fall off of the barstool in their British pub (obviously not out of a dentist's chair) 30 years from now.

Then, after Haye has been counted out and is being attended to, I hope Wlad walks over, pisses on his head, and gives his wife/girlfriend a nice hoagie slap right on the forehead.

LMAO...Brutal!
thefloatingmonkey
I am looking for the upset here as well. Vitali looked really bad in his last couple of fights. I think Haye has what it takes to handle Vitali.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 12 2009, 10:48 PM) *
It's almost amazing the degree to which we seem to agree on such fundamental issues.

Haye has absolutely no chance against Vitali because Vitali has an iron jaw.

Haye has a slim chance against Wlad because of one and only one reason: Wlad has a glass jaw.

Haye is too small and too delicate for either of the Klits. Wlad, however, has a glass jaw and Haye could possibly land the punch of a lifetime. Other than that one punch, Haye is totally out of his league with the Klits.

This is so basic.

Yup I agree with this completely. and to add the cherry on top... I saw a few comparisons to Holyfield... Not really valid. Holy had several lower calibur HW opponents like Adilson Rodriguez(funny KO), Michael Dokes(great fight BTW) and Alex Stewart before he took on the BIG boys, like Douglas, Bowe Tyson and such. David Haye has fought exactly 1 guy at HW, now he gets the big boys... No tune ups or anything. He leapfrogs the Povetkins and Chambers of the world...

Haye is gonna get smacked up. I dont even think he has a great punchers chance against either Klit. We have 1 fight at HW to go off of from Haye. It was a fight against a smallish HW, who is a fringe contender. Monte Barrett!!! The guy lost to Joe Mesi and Cliff Couser for crying out loud. Haye didnt look great against Barrett. I think Haye is a fraud who trash talked his way into fights with the Klits. I dont think the guy has a chance... In fact he'll be like all of the other guys who fight them. They talk about how they are gonna do this and do that. then come fight time they cant get close enough to land a punch. then we get another snorefest where the Klits back up jab, jab, jab straight until the guy goes to sleep or is beaten badly for 12 rounds. I dont see what Haye is going to bring that we havent seen against them.
D-MARV
I hope people aren't saying that Haye doesn't deserve a shot at the Klitschkos?
BGv2.0
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 14 2009, 12:40 AM) *
Yup I agree with this completely. and to add the cherry on top... I saw a few comparisons to Holyfield... Not really valid. Holy had several lower calibur HW opponents like Adilson Rodriguez(funny KO), Michael Dokes(great fight BTW) and Alex Stewart before he took on the BIG boys, like Douglas, Bowe Tyson and such. David Haye has fought exactly 1 guy at HW, now he gets the big boys... No tune ups or anything. He leapfrogs the Povetkins and Chambers of the world...

Haye is gonna get smacked up. I dont even think he has a great punchers chance against either Klit. We have 1 fight at HW to go off of from Haye. It was a fight against a smallish HW, who is a fringe contender. Monte Barrett!!! The guy lost to Joe Mesi and Cliff Couser for crying out loud. Haye didnt look great against Barrett. I think Haye is a fraud who trash talked his way into fights with the Klits. I dont think the guy has a chance... In fact he'll be like all of the other guys who fight them. They talk about how they are gonna do this and do that. then come fight time they cant get close enough to land a punch. then we get another snorefest where the Klits back up jab, jab, jab straight until the guy goes to sleep or is beaten badly for 12 rounds. I dont see what Haye is going to bring that we havent seen against them.

I understand what you are saying....but you have to keep in mind....that was a COMPLETLEY different (and talent filled) HW division at that time. The reason Haye gets to jump right onto the Klits...is because there is next to NOBODY in the division to test against....sure Povitkin and Chambers are decent fighters...BUT...neither prepares you for the Klits and both will not make you ANY $$$$.

The ONLY $$$ to be made in this division is with the Klits...so nowadays you have a guy like Haye, who has made a name for himself in a lower weight class AND has a big mouth and knows how to market himself....that's all it takes to get the shot....

Say what you will about Haye.....he has 1 thing none of the other HWs have....personality.....which in this crappy BORING, talent lite division.....goes a long way!

BUT....I disagree with how the fight turns out.....you might be right with it ending with Haye in a heap....but I don't think he will lose via boring jab fast....I think he will provide exicitment no matter how long it lasts....I think he will go for broke and try.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.