Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Johnny I saw that Foster Tiger KO
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
Sweet KO....very brutal left hook. Foster hit REALLY hard at 175!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Jun 9 2009, 12:49 AM) *
Sweet KO....Foster hit REALLY hard at 175!

Yup..He was one of the best punchers ever at 175..He definitely is in the top 5 best light heavyweights ever too..Glad ya posted this since I forgot to ask you about it..I don't know if you've seen Tiger before,but he is one of the toughest guys to step in the ring..He was naturally a middleweight but he fought this fight at light heavy..He had never been KO'd before but he may have been TKO once(he wasn't put down in that fight either)..Emile Griffith was the first guy to ever knock down Tiger in their first fight which was given to Griffith but everyone thought Tiger won..He had a granite chin..The KO against Foster alone is sweet but if you know how tough Dick Tiger was,it makes the KO even crazier..Tiger was able to take a lot of punishment and Foster made him look like nothing by KOing him like that..Tiger was also the first elite world wide boxer from Nigeria..Incase you care..hahaha..

If you're interested in Tiger at all,I suggest watching his fights with Rubin Carter,Gene Fullmer,Joey Giardello,and Emile Griffith..
thisneverworks
I thought the left hook at 3:45 in this video was a bit more brutal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR5T8ig61Ak

;-)
Lil-lightsout
Roy and Toney would have killed Foster. Foster could not even make it out of the round with the heavyweight champ. Roy and Toney both beat heavyweight champs with ease. They would have embarrassed Foster at any weight.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (thisneverworks @ Jun 10 2009, 06:46 PM) *
I thought the left hook at 3:45 in this video was a bit more brutal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR5T8ig61Ak

;-)

Well that's your opinion..It was very comparable..Yet,I think KOing Dick Tiger the way Foster did was more impressive than needing 2 knock downs to knockout Foster who didn't have near as good a chin as Tiger did..Foster had been KO'd 6 times,Dick Tiger had only been KO'd twice but like I said,the first time he was TKO'd,he never went down..It wasn't until 4 years before Tiger retired that he had been put down for the first time by Griffith..

Here is a video of nothin but Foster KO's..

Foster KO's
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 10 2009, 07:02 PM) *
Roy and Toney would have killed Foster. Foster could not even make it out of the round with the heavyweight champ. Roy and Toney both beat heavyweight champs with ease. They would have embarrassed Foster at any weight.

Yeah,Toney and Roy fought bums..Foster fought Muhammad Ali,Joe Frazier,and Ernie Terrell..Foster would fight heavyweights while weighin 180 lbs..Ali weighed 41 lbs. more than Foster..Frazier was 21 lbs more..

Foster was small to be fighting heavyweights..Roy would got gotten KO'd by Ali and Frazier too..Toney would have just been beaten by them..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 10 2009, 08:13 PM) *
Yeah,Toney and Roy fought bums..Foster fought Muhammad Ali,Joe Frazier,and Ernie Terrell..Foster would fight heavyweights while weighin 180 lbs..Ali weighed 41 lbs. more than Foster..Frazier was 21 lbs more..

Foster was small to be fighting heavyweights..Roy would got gotten KO'd by Ali and Frazier too..Toney would have just been beaten by them..

Jonny, I was just messing with ya bro.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 10 2009, 07:24 PM) *
Jonny, I was just messing with ya bro.

Obviously!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.