Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PBF aka Money May's thoughts on UFC, Liddell, Fedor, Machida and Pacquiao
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Saigon
PBF thoughts on Liddell, UFC, Machida, Fedor and Pacquiao

On UFC/Liddell:

“Man, who in the UFC as good as Floyd Mayweather? Look back to 2-3 years ago, when this all started. One of the stars in the sport, Chuck Liddell, has gone 3-4. The man has been Knocked out so many time his boss made him retire. How many times you seen Floyd Mayweather knocked out? How many times you seen Floyd Mayweather even knocked down? None.”

On Machida:

“Who? Who’s Lyoto Machida? Lyoto Machida? Oh you mean that guy who sold 200,000 PPVs now he’s a superstar? It doesn’t take much over there does it? I’ve sold 3.5 million PPVs between my last 2 fights alone. How much money did Machida make his last fight? $100,000 maybe? Tell Dana White, for $100,000, I will come show him what a 28 million dollar check looks like.

How is Machida as good as Floyd Mayweather? Because he’s beaten a few unskilled bar room fighters? At the end of the day, you already know, when you watch Floyd Mayweather you see the past, present and future of the sport. Machida don’t deserve to be mentioned in he same breath as me. Kousta Tszyu would whip up on his stank ass anyway.”

On Fedor:

“Again, who? Oh, you mean that Russian guy Oscar let fight for him? The guy who fought Freddie Roach’s boy? Yeah, I know him. He’s a nice guy, but man was Roach’s boy whippin’ up on him until he got that hail Mary overhand. He needs to get at a real boxing coach like Roger Mayweather to teach him how to throw a punch. The man had his head down and his eyes closed when he threw that punch, anyone who says that wasn’t luck doesn’t know much about the sweet science…”

On JMM/Pacquiao/MMA:

“Man, I am here to talk about Floyd Mayweather, the face of boxing. The cash king. The pound for pound greatest fighter who ever lived. I got Marquez, the man who SHOULD be the pound for pound king. I mean really, he beat Pacman both times. You know it, I know it, the fans know it. They keep asking me why I ain’t come back to fight Pacman? Because in my eyes Manny wasn’t number one pound for pound when I was gone. The guy who beat him twice was. In my eyes, I am coming back to fight the number one pound for pound guy. Once I whip his ass and reclaim my throne, I’m going to show you all that little midget from the Phillipines will be nothing but an after thought when Money May gets a hold of that ass.”
Romulus9
Put Floyd in the Octagon against Machida. Please.

Dana, pay him whatever he wants and make it happen.

I know it'll never happen, and it SHOULDN'T happen, but I wish it would. In fact, I wish he'd fight Fedor. Or the winner of Lesnar/Mir.

Do it, Dana. It's a worthwhile investment. The PPV would do more buys than UFC 100 will do.
Box in Hand
Ok, he's starting to urk the shit out of me now. I know he's talking for entertainment but he needs to tone it down. MMA is a whole different ballgame. You can be beat so many ways in MMA and in my opinion they are in better condition than most boxers. Floyd would get owned in the UFC. I respect his skills but his mouth is gonna make the man who beats him a Hero and a Legend.
Saigon
To come to PBF's defence he would tune up every MMA fighter in a boxing match at his including the heavier guys. But then again MMA is a whole new ball game. Sure the athletes aren't as technical but thats because they have to learn so much more aspects of combat so they can't master a single art and if they do most likely other areas of there game are very weak.

I respect PBF as a boxer but not as a person. I really hope he does give MMA a try so he realizes the sport is harder then it looks.
Byrd Man
you know it's funny. I woke up this morning and thought, "man...I wonder what Floyd thinks of MMA fighters. I hope I find out today"

and BAM! here this is. Who says God doesn't answer prayers?
Keith
somebody needs to buy floyd a pair of clown shoes. he would look appropriate in them.
Spyder
Floyd knows a lot about MMA...too much for someone that doesn't respect its best fighters.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jun 10 2009, 02:29 PM) *
Floyd knows a lot about MMA...too much for someone that doesn't respect its best fighters.

Its just facade that he puts on, which makes me respect him even less.
Byrd Man
When I read this I looked at the link thinking it was from The Onion or something. Because these are stereotypical responses that you would expect from him. He's become pretty much a parody at this point.

Hopefully someone knocks him the fuck out and shuts his mouth.
Saigon
Im pretty confident he would get knocked out in MMA even in stand up. PBF can talk as much as he likes about any MMA fighter when it comes to boxing though. The only boxer I can see doing really well in MMA is Kermit Cintron since he is physically strong as well as a collegiate divison III champ in wrestling if I remember right. His wrestling can keep the fight standing against some fighters and his hands would pretty much wreck everyone at 155/145. PBF on the other hand has no chance.
Romulus9
I'm at a crossroads here.

I can't figure out if I'd rather see him get knocked out cold or see someone make him tap out... and not let go despite the demands from the referee.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Saigon @ Jun 10 2009, 04:22 PM) *
Im pretty confident he would get knocked out in MMA even in stand up.

If he has KO'd guys with big gloves on,he can KO someone with those small gloves..We've seen insane speed with big gloves,I can't imagine him with the small ones on..His defense would still be there in stand up..Who would be able to hit him in MMA stand up??He'd make a fool out of those guys..Remember,this is about stand up..

About what he said though,I'm not a fan of MMA but it is pretty disrespectful to bash another sport whether they have a lot of skill or not..If he really feels that way,he should keep it to himself and friends but not to the whole public..Of course he gets more PPV buys,he fights other guys who have big names..I'd hate to say it but some people do buy because of him..hahaha..It's true though..
Romulus9
LOL! Yeah, he'd make a fool out of them in stand up.

He'd also have no idea how to defend against a kick.

And the fight would be in stand up for all of 20 seconds before he was on the ground.

Less than a round. Fight over. Money May OWNED.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jun 10 2009, 06:38 PM) *
LOL! Yeah, he'd make a fool out of them in stand up.

He'd also have no idea how to defend against a kick.

And the fight would be in stand up for all of 20 seconds before he was on the ground.

Less than a round. Fight over. Money May OWNED.

I wasn't talking about any of that..Saigon said stand up only so it wouldn't go to the ground..

On another note,it'd be funny to see Floyd try to struggle while on the ground..

I don't know if you've ever seen the show Bully Beatdown but they take bullys from off the street and say they'll pay them 10,000 dollars to fight a pro MMA fighter..One dude off the street was able to last entire rounds of just wrestling without tapping out and he held his own against a guy who specialized in jui jitsu..He almost had the dude in a choke too..He then got his ass kicked real bad in the next round which was stand up..He got destroyed then puked after he got KO'd..hahahahaha..2 bullies puked after their fight was over..It was funny ass shit..I'm not a MMA fan like I said,but that shit was real dope..
Romulus9
Part of standup is dealing with kicks.

PBF would soil himself the first time he saw a Superman punch coming at him.

Any of this talk is absurd. It'll never happen, and he'd be an epic fail if he tried. Just like Nick Diaz thinking he could fight Roy Jones. Absolutely stupid and Diaz would get hammered into submission.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jun 10 2009, 06:47 PM) *
Part of standup is dealing with kicks.

PBF would soil himself the first time he saw a Superman punch coming at him.

Any of this talk is absurd. It'll never happen, and he'd be an epic fail if he tried. Just like Nick Diaz thinking he could fight Roy Jones. Absolutely stupid and Diaz would get hammered into submission.

Yeah,like leaving your feet to throw a punch is smart..I've seen that punch KO some dudes and it looks sweet,but I don't think it's smart..If you get caught while throwing that punch in the air,I think it'd be lights out for you..
torvix2000
LOL! Floyd Mayweather doesn't know the meaning of pain. If someone kicks the lower half of his body, (i.e. tibia) Floyd's gonna grimace in pain and he'd go down crying.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jun 10 2009, 07:01 PM) *
LOL! Floyd Mayweather doesn't know the meaning of pain. If someone kicks the lower half of his body, (i.e. tibia) Floyd's gonna grimace in pain and he'd go down crying.

Floyd doesn't know the meaning of pain because no one can inflict the pain on him..
King Eugene
I'm sorry but this interview sounds suspect and shaky to me. Is the source a reliable source? It sounds like somebody created this interview using some stereotypical shit Floyd would possible say. Not saying he didn't do the interview but to me it just doesn't seem like him. It seems like an attempt to get more people to hate him. I could be wrong but I dont think he done this interview. If Floyd claimed to not be that big into the sport then how would he know all those guys they named? I mean of course he was like "who" but he was meaning that as in what significance they had. Like I said it seems like someone created this interview just to get more folks to hate him.
Lil-lightsout
I used to help train about 8-10 amateur mma fighters at my house. Some of them had a bunch of fights, and some were pretty inexperienced. I know zero about MMA techniques, I just did the stand up boxing part. I used to spar all of them, and I was the smallest guy of the group. There weight ranged from 160-225lbs. I would literally toy with everyone there while just boxing. Now imagine what a top pro boxer would do to them if it was just stand up. I have seen some of the pro MMA guys, and the big majority of there standup is terrible IMO.

Now I know there is way more involved than just the stand up. One time this guy out of frustration kicked me full force in the shin while sparring. I was freaking limping for days! MMA is just too damn brutal for me. You got to be one tough mofo to do this and be successful. I respect anyone who gets in the ring or octagon.
traced4040
Floyd would get killed in MMA.

boxing is one thing but having to defend not only punches butkick and takedowns is another.

floyd also doesnt have knockout pwoer which would be a detriment as he cant afford to simply defend in the ring, all it tkaes is for a person to rush him and his down on te ground with a choke on.

MMA is a lot different to boxing, firslty the stance is much more parrallel as you need to protect yourself from takedowns.

also whilst you can predict a boxers strategy, its hard to do it in MMA as the person can attack in a number of ways.

Still, the deisrespect he's shown is poor form, itss part of the reason why MMA is fast becoming more popular than boxing with people being able to relate to its figters compared to peolpe like PBF in boxing who does nothing for the others in the sport or treat fans in any way.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (traced4040 @ Jun 10 2009, 07:40 PM) *
Floyd would get killed in MMA.

boxing is one thing but having to defend not only punches butkick and takedowns is another.

floyd also doesnt have knockout pwoer which would be a detriment as he cant afford to simply defend in the ring, all it tkaes is for a person to rush him and his down on te ground with a choke on.

MMA is a lot different to boxing, firslty the stance is much more parrallel as you need to protect yourself from takedowns.

also whilst you can predict a boxers strategy, its hard to do it in MMA as the person can attack in a number of ways.

Still, the deisrespect he's shown is poor form, itss part of the reason why MMA is fast becoming more popular than boxing with people being able to relate to its figters compared to peolpe like PBF in boxing who does nothing for the others in the sport or treat fans in any way.

Yeah,I guess the 25 KO's were flukes..Floyd would want guys to rush him in MMA,he'd just side step and check left hook em and lay em down like he did Hatton..He'd have a lot more power with those small gloves on and no one would even see his punches comin..

Obviously you like MMA more just like I like boxing more so we are biased..
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Saigon @ Jun 10 2009, 03:54 PM) *
On Machida:

“Who? Who’s Lyoto Machida? Lyoto Machida? Oh you mean that guy who sold 200,000 PPVs now he’s a superstar? It doesn’t take much over there does it? I’ve sold 3.5 million PPVs between my last 2 fights alone.

Sweet. Floyd safe in that knowledge I can safely assume that you will be doing 1,000,000 + PPV buys for your next fight. That is being generous though as with that type of record you should be doing at least 1,800,000 fights.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 11 2009, 01:46 AM) *
Yeah,I guess the 25 KO's were flukes..Floyd would want guys to rush him in MMA,he'd just side step and check left hook em and lay em down like he did Hatton..He'd have a lot more power with those small gloves on and no one would even see his punches comin..

How many UFC fighters have you seen knocked out by a punch whilst attempting a takedown compared to how many successfull takedowns are made?

I say chuck him in with Penn & see how he does. It would be fun whilst it lasted anyway.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 10 2009, 08:18 PM) *
I used to help train about 8-10 amateur mma fighters at my house. Some of them had a bunch of fights, and some were pretty inexperienced. I know zero about MMA techniques, I just did the stand up boxing part. I used to spar all of them, and I was the smallest guy of the group. There weight ranged from 160-225lbs. I would literally toy with everyone there while just boxing. Now imagine what a top pro boxer would do to them if it was just stand up. I have seen some of the pro MMA guys, and the big majority of there standup is terrible IMO.

Now I know there is way more involved than just the stand up. One time this guy out of frustration kicked me full force in the shin while sparring. I was freaking limping for days! MMA is just too damn brutal for me. You got to be one tough mofo to do this and be successful. I respect anyone who gets in the ring or octagon.

That's fair from top to bottom.

In terms of pure standup, no legs used, you can control just about every MMA guy with a good jab and footwork.. Not a flicked out there, range finding, leave-me-alone jab. A real, quick, snapping jab.

Obviously, like you said, there's so much more to it than that, but there's not a decent jab in MMA right now. It doesn't have to be Larry Holmes' jab, but it could at least be Wlad-esque. Some of those guys love to fire right hands at their opponents... how about a nice jab blind them first? Or, if you use a good jab, at makes it easier to hook off of it, or make the other guy get used to the tendency. Some of those MMA left hooks are absolutely pitiful.

Nice post, L-L.
traced4040
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 10 2009, 08:46 PM) *

saying that he didnt have knock out power wasnt disrespcting him, its just that, its not what he does. he's a classcial boxer that uses defence and combnations of punches

also a lot of his knock outs came from his earlier fights before he had hand issues.

he can still catch guys out but in general its not what he does.

in MMA big hits are used to stun opponents so you can take them down and pound them, it wont work for mayweather because he doesnt know how to take guys down.

also we are going to have to agree to disagree onthe whole side step thing

PBF is the fstest guy in boxing but avoiding a punch is different from avoiding a whole body. MMA guys tackle you, its as simple as that. PBF would also have to avoid kicks and a lot of other techniques he has never faced. once his on the cage and getting knee'd he wouldnt know what to do

personally i dont have a preference, i think good fighters make good fights

in truth i prob prefer big boxing fights (i dont post on the MMA section) but i would rather watch UFC PPV than a lot of the crap theyre serving for boxing which only has one good fight and filled with crappy undercards

i would argue that UFC guys would get beat in boxing because its a different skill set and different nuances

that being said PBF would get killed in MMA
Saigon
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 10 2009, 07:34 PM) *
If he has KO'd guys with big gloves on,he can KO someone with those small gloves..We've seen insane speed with big gloves,I can't imagine him with the small ones on..His defense would still be there in stand up..Who would be able to hit him in MMA stand up??He'd make a fool out of those guys..Remember,this is about stand up..

About what he said though,I'm not a fan of MMA but it is pretty disrespectful to bash another sport whether they have a lot of skill or not..If he really feels that way,he should keep it to himself and friends but not to the whole public..Of course he gets more PPV buys,he fights other guys who have big names..I'd hate to say it but some people do buy because of him..hahaha..It's true though..

I would definitely agree that PBF can KO an MMA fighter with MMA gloves but in MMA you cannot use a boxing stance as its easier for wrestlers to single leg him, so he would have to change his stance which will make his boxing less effective. Floyd also cannot stand on the ropes/cage and shoulder roll as in MMA you're allowed to punch, kick, knee, elbow, whether your on the outside or on the inside. As good as his defense is, its not enough to defend the wide variety of strikes used in MMA. Its easier to block punches with boxing gloves cause of the size, but with MMA gloves, punches will slip through the guard.

PBF doesnt have a single clue how to fight within a Muay Thai/MMA clinch as he would get kneed and elbowed til his eyes roll to the back of his head. He also doesnt know how to check low kicks and his shoulder roll will not be effective against high kicks, knees or elbows. So yes I would say say at least 90% of MMA/Muay Thai fighters would beat Money May in a stand up fight as stand up can consist of all 8 limbs rather then just 2. Im not trying to turn this into another boxing vs MMA thing as both sports are great and you gotta appreciate anyone who steps in there but Im confident PBF would be made a fool in a stand up fight. If you're talking strickly hands then I definitely agree but there are so many aspects in stand up that PBF wouldnt be ready for.

I respect his boxing but his mouth just pushes it. Everyone has there preference between boxing an MMA but if one appreciates MMA then they should appreciate boxing as it is an aspect of MMA and a hard grueling sport alone.
Snoop
So Floyd's definition of greatness is if you have a 0 in the loss column and how many PPVs you sell. Wow.
BigG
Guys, Floyd can be succesfull in MMA because he obviously has more talent than anyone on there. Give him a little time to learn takedown defense and he automatically becomes a threat because of how good of a striker he is. And with the guy that said Floyd doesn't have KO Power....LOL...believe me he WOULD have KO power in those 2 ounce gloves.
Snoop
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Jun 11 2009, 04:19 AM) *
And with the guy that said Floyd doesn't have KO Power....LOL...believe me he WOULD have KO power in those 2 ounce gloves.

He would also probably shatter those brittle hands of his.
BigG
That's true but his hand speed is like no other. Obviously Boxing is his sport and he would light up any MMA fighter but to say Floyd would have no chance in MMA is ridiculous. The takedown is not the end of it all. Nobody can take Machida down because that guy is fuckin quick and "elusive". Floyd with his natural talent can have success, weather you hate him or not.
Saigon
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Jun 10 2009, 11:35 PM) *
That's true but his hand speed is like no other. Obviously Boxing is his sport and he would light up any MMA fighter but to say Floyd would have no chance in MMA is ridiculous. The takedown is not the end of it all. Nobody can take Machida down because that guy is fuckin quick and "elusive". Floyd with his natural talent can have success, weather you hate him or not.

Comparing PBF to Machida is not fair cause A) Machida is a black belt in BJJ which means he is better then most guys on the ground so they would rather stand and cool.gif Machida's striking is more diverse then PBF's, Machida can fight within the clinch using elbows and knees as well as sweeps, something Mayweather cannot do. C) Machida can throw fast accurate kicks in different angles, again, something PBF cannot do. Learning take down defense is not enough if you just know boxing in MMA.

Boxing is an important aspect of MMA. There have only been a handful of successful pro boxers in MMA but not due to there boxing but due to there ability to learn all aspects of MMA like submissions, fighting and defending with the clinch, wrestling, sweeps, etc. Floyd does have a chance in MMA cause anyone and everyone has a punchers chance, especially with MMA gloves.

Does PBF have potential in MMA? Of course. But his boxing stance and shoulder roll wont work in MMA. Floyds defense is great under boxing rules but is absolutely horrible for MMA and he will get picked apart. When I say striking I mean throwing every limb possible whether it be knees, kicks, punches or elbows. PBF's hands are proven but all it takes are a handful of chopping leg kicks and most of Floyd's punching power and footwork is gone cause we all know you need your legs under your punch. In MMA you cant weave cause when you lower levels you risk getting put into a clinch or kneed or high kicked.

I agree every MMA fighter out there would get lit up in boxing even by a B class boxer but PBF would get lit up in MMA by a B class fighter as well. Both sports are different and difficult. I just think PBF should try to compete in MMA before he badmouths these fighters cause you never or rarely hear any MMA fighter badmouth him or boxing.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 11 2009, 03:42 AM) *
I would have love to have seen Chris Benoit put Mayweather in the crippler cross face.

PBF would tap out quick. Daniel Benoit did not tap out at all so even his kid was tougher than PBF.
JonnyBlaze
I'm with Big G on this..It's not like Floyd will step in an MMA octagon with no knowledge of defending take downs and things like that..I don't know how anyone got the idea of that..MMA guys are skilled in different arts but are masters of none..

As far as Floyd being in the crippler cross face,that'd be the shit to see..hahaha..I loved that move by Benoit.."The crippler" is a bad ass nickname..

Also,incase any of you are wondering,I love elbows and knees being used in fights..I did some hapkido to learn those kinda things and no doubt it's very fun throwing those as weapons..They are very effective and can save your hands from possibly being injuried if you have weak hands like Floyd..
blackbelt2003
A fighter is a fighter is a fighter.

As someone who does all types of fighting, I think y'all are reading too much into the differences.

Floyd is a genuine fighter. If he signed for an MMA fight for in six months time, six months would be plenty preparation for him to get a basic ground game and work on kicking. He'd learn triple quick, because he's already got the basic tools, and he doesn't need to learn things like timing or distances.

Give Floyd six months to prep for an MMA match and he'd be a match for most. No doubt man.

Black
torvix2000
LOL!

If MMA was too easy for boxers then we could have a lot of boxers who are part-time MMA fighters.

People here are talking about a 1-win scenario. Don't think like that. Even if Floyd manage to knock somebody out, at what cost? He could have broken his hands using MMA gloves.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jun 10 2009, 08:58 PM) *
That's fair from top to bottom.

In terms of pure standup, no legs used, you can control just about every MMA guy with a good jab and footwork.. Not a flicked out there, range finding, leave-me-alone jab. A real, quick, snapping jab.

Obviously, like you said, there's so much more to it than that, but there's not a decent jab in MMA right now. It doesn't have to be Larry Holmes' jab, but it could at least be Wlad-esque. Some of those guys love to fire right hands at their opponents... how about a nice jab blind them first? Or, if you use a good jab, at makes it easier to hook off of it, or make the other guy get used to the tendency. Some of those MMA left hooks are absolutely pitiful.

Nice post, L-L.

Thanks.

Yeah...most of the punches I see from these televised MMA fights are unimpressive to me. BUT like I said, no way would I want to get kicked in the shin/leg, or kicked in the head, or elbowed in the face, or kneed in the face, or bodyslammed on my back, or have bodyparts bent and twisted in painful ways, or get choked out, etc.
D-MARV
LMAO... I really don't believe Floyd said all of that. I need video evidence or a more credible source.
Snoop
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 11 2009, 02:05 PM) *
LMAO... I really don't believe Floyd said all of that. I need video evidence or a more credible source.

I finally clicked on the link and found out that this is just some guy that has a wordpress blog. LOL. Probably not too credible.
D-MARV
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Jun 11 2009, 11:13 AM) *
I finally clicked on the link and found out that this is just some guy that has a wordpress blog. LOL. Probably not too credible.

Exactly.
I know Floyd is cocky but that doesn't even sound like him. "Stank Ass"? LMAO
King Eugene
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 11 2009, 12:30 PM) *
Exactly.
I know Floyd is cocky but that doesn't even sound like him. "Stank Ass"? LMAO

I was thinking the exact same thing when I read this dumb ass article.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 11 2009, 09:11 PM) *
I was thinking the exact same thing when I read this dumb ass article.

I totally agree with you and Damarv..I really don't know why he'd bash someone in the UFC when boxing and MMA are different things even though boxing is a art in MMA..
AussieLad
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Jun 11 2009, 04:19 AM) *
Guys, Floyd can be succesfull in MMA because he obviously has more talent than anyone on there. Give him a little time to learn takedown defense and he automatically becomes a threat because of how good of a striker he is. And with the guy that said Floyd doesn't have KO Power....LOL...believe me he WOULD have KO power in those 2 ounce gloves.

I disagree. You think learning take down defence is going to save him from greco roman dirty boxing, couture style. He'll get bulldozed up against a fence, and dirty boxed, elbowed, footstomped, and knee'd into oblivion... no take downs required. And thats not even taking into account judo. I think mst people seem to think take down defence constitutes sprawling when someone dives for your waist/legs. Nothing is going to stop him getting hip tossed after someone has pushed him against the cage.

And basically, floyd is safety first. To throw a punch, he has to come into kicking range, and something tells me he doesnt have the balls... he would be circling his opponent all night not doing jack shit.

anthonyaccurate
It goes both ways, I mean how would Fedor look against the Klitschkos, hell, or David Haye?
How would Anderson Silva look against the best at 175? Pointless argument....
To me, this "interview" was an attempt by
someone to fan flames of hate against the easiest target in boxing, Floyd, when I think about it, it might
been an idea from Floyds camp. When Machidas name came up, I said no fuckin way is this floyd! The inevitable arguments
have taken place, while simultaneously Floyd is in the news again, this time for make believe shit...Genius
AussieLad
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 12 2009, 09:25 AM) *
Different sports, boxers beat MMA fighters in boxing and MMA fighters beat boxers in MMA. I don't find it that interesting to debate. Like trying to ask who would win between an NFL side and a rugby side. They both do well in there respective sports, and they are different. The only similarities is that they are combat sports.

I was talking about skill transition, and what it would take for a pro boxer to become a legitimate threat at MMA, and its not just take down defence which is a gross over simplification of the sport.
Fitz
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jun 13 2009, 02:04 PM) *
I was talking about skill transition, and what it would take for a pro boxer to become a legitimate threat at MMA, and its not just take down defence which is a gross over simplification of the sport.

Yeah I know. Wasn't specifically directed at you, just speaking in general how people bring up MMA vs Boxing matchups.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 12 2009, 09:25 AM) *
Different sports, boxers beat MMA fighters in boxing and MMA fighters beat boxers in MMA. I don't find it that interesting to debate. Like trying to ask who would win between an NFL side and a rugby side. They both do well in there respective sports, and they are different. The only similarities is that they are combat sports.

The difference is that rugby players don't feel the need to get into armour & have a rest every 5 seconds.
torvix2000
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jun 13 2009, 05:04 AM) *

A lot of training on MMA fighting techniques, I guess. Not just 6 months or 1 year. Think of this. Can a Starcraft player champion beat a Warcraft player champion in Warcraft? Possibly. But the Starcraft player champion needs years of experience in the other's craft. And these are just games. Imagine how more complex strategies become when people are "fighting for their lives".
traced4040
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jun 13 2009, 04:00 AM) *
A lot of training on MMA fighting techniques, I guess. Not just 6 months or 1 year. Think of this. Can a Starcraft player champion beat a Warcraft player champion in Warcraft? Possibly. But the Starcraft player champion needs years of experience in the other's craft. And these are just games. Imagine how more complex strategies become when people are "fighting for their lives".

Starcraft / Wwarcraft????

WTF

haha this one made me laff

perhaps a better anology is tetris vs pacman

torvix2000
QUOTE (traced4040 @ Jun 13 2009, 01:24 PM) *
Starcraft / Wwarcraft????

WTF

haha this one made me laff

perhaps a better anology is tetris vs pacman

LOL! I was laughing, too. At the people who thinks that boxers can be MMAers in a short time. LOL! MMA and Boxing are just like Warcraft and Starcraft. LOL! Or how about FNF and Street Fighter. LOL! You have similar weapons but very different strategies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.