Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ivan Calderon
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Keith
i love this. calderon should be careful what he asks for though. in pbfs twisted brain he could find some justification for the fight.

QUOTABLE

"After I win my fight at the Garden on Saturday night, I'm going for Floyd Mayweather Jr. next, since he only wants to fight guys smaller than him."
-- junior flyweight champ Ivan "Iron Boy" Calderon, mocking the former welterweight champion, who has never faced an elite 147-pounder in his prime and is coming out of retirement to face lightweight champ Juan Manuel Marquez on July 18
Douchebag
I love it. In fact I hope more of the smaller guys fallow suit.
Douchebag
PBF's next opponent.

Mean Mister Mustard
I think Cotto is going to weight in about 160 tomorrow night and Clottey will be close to 170.
Big Slim Sweet

"Yo Len. Make the fucking fight."
thehype
It's pretty funny to see Mayweather getting more criticism than Oscar De La Hoya did when he chose to fight Pacquiao...or Hopkins did when he chose to fight De La Hoya...or Jones did when he chose to fight Trinidad...or Klitschko did when he chose to fight Byrd...oh wait, but they're heavyweights so that doesn't count.

laugh.gif
Keith
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 12 2009, 04:13 PM) *
It's pretty funny to see Mayweather getting more criticism than Oscar De La Hoya did when he chose to fight Pacquiao...or Hopkins did when he chose to fight De La Hoya...or Jones did when he chose to fight Trinidad...or Klitschko did when he chose to fight Byrd...oh wait, but they're heavyweights so that doesn't count.

laugh.gif

the difference imo is that pbf has never fought another elite welter. all those fighters you mention fought the best at their weight, so they get a pass when they take a fight with a smaller guy.
Big Slim Sweet
And Mayweather's just such an asshole about it.
Keith
ya. he is never at a loss when it comes to telling the world how great he is and how bad other fighters are. and even worse how they dont deserve to fight him. as we can see by calderon's comment, even other fighters are sick of it.
D-MARV
I like Calderon... That's some funny shit.

Agree with Hype though. Floyd catches too much shit. Despite what many say, Floyd did beat the last two lineal champs at welterweight.
Lil-lightsout
Floyd could really go with this fight against Calderon. He could say how Calderon is undefeated still, and PBF will be the first guy to beat him. Someone's O has got to go could be the promotions slogan. Think of all the Puerto Rican fans that would come out. Calderon has zero losses and he called PBF out, Floyd definately needs to take care of business. Plus Floyds not a natural welterweight, cause when he was an amateur back in the early 90's, he was around Calderon's weight. After the weigh in Calderon and Floyd will be about the same weight anyway by the time they step in the ring on fight night. I think the weight issue is an excuse, cause this seems like an excellent matchup. And when "Money" lays the smack down on Ivan, what are all you haters going say then? He just beat PR's finest undefeated champion. Fuck those welterweights with there losses, they do not even deserve to be in the ring with "money".
Fitz
QUOTE (keith @ Jun 13 2009, 06:19 AM) *
the difference imo is that pbf has never fought another elite welter. all those fighters you mention fought the best at their weight, so they get a pass when they take a fight with a smaller guy.

Exactly right. Hopkins and DLH have taken their fair share of solid fights and whether you like Klitschko or not, he has pretty much fought everybody he has to at heavyweight.
Al Hata
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Jun 12 2009, 04:21 PM) *
And Mayweather's just such an asshole about it.

LOL true.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Jun 12 2009, 08:36 PM) *
PBF's next opponent.

LOL that's Jamie the worlds smallest tattoo artist who works where I get my ink. He is a lil legend & not only is he the worlds smallest tattoo artist but he is game to fight other midgets twice his size. Way too much heart for a guy like Mayweather to consider fighting.

QUOTE (keith @ Jun 12 2009, 09:19 PM) *

Not to put shit on Hype as he is the man but he needs to stay in sweet with the Mayweathers to keep getting those killer interviews. They probably would not like the owner of a site they give scoops & interviews to to shitcan their #1 money maker so he seems to have taken the path of defending PBF quite a bit recently. Just my opinion of course.
torvix2000
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 12 2009, 09:13 PM) *

laugh.gif

LOL! Perhaps because you should be reading my SIG.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 12 2009, 08:13 PM) *

laugh.gif

To break this down nice & simple

DLH did get plenty of criticism when he chose to fight Pac but as it stands he was old & coming down in weight.

Hopkins had cleaned house at 160 & was more than entitled to a payday especially when the "recognised" top dog at 154 & the biggest name in the game wanted to step up & face the lineal true undisputed best at 160.

Jones was & is washed up & so is Tito so that does not bear any resemblence to what you are inferring as they were both not serious contenders just two old guys looking to get paid.

As for Byrd vs Klit what a silly bordering on idiotic statement to make considering Byrd was a seasoned campaigner at heavyweight & had spent the majority of his career fighting there.

Normally your posts are intelligent & accurate Hype so either you are drunk or someone has hacked your account.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.