Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PBF debate to rest
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
traced4040
i was on another boxing website when i saw a post how there is a double standard between PBF and Pac

it made me sick that some idiot was saying that pac ducked cassamayor and juan diaz and belittiling david diaz

david daz probably was the least risk but he was still champion

and it doesnt mean crap cause pac woulda easily beat both and didnt stay in that division because he moved up to face bigger challengers.

what got me is that i think people are being really disrespectful to david diaz. he was the rigtful holder of that belt and its not like he inherited it, he fought for it and deserves more than the PBF nuthuggers conspiracy theory crap discrediting him. he isnt and will never be a great but he doesnt need a pimply assed nobody that doesnt know shite about boxing talking smack about him when he went toe to toe and won that belt

i agree that pac isnt no where near the greatest but to compare his opponents with PBF's recent opponents makes me sick

dont get me wrong i think PBF is one of the most skilled boxers but he chose money over legacy

anyways enuff of my rant

just to end this nonsense here is a really good article i read in the past

article highlight

During Mayweather's tenure at junior welterweight, the top men were, at various times, Kostya Tszyu, Hatton and Miguel Cotto. Mayweather fought DeMarcus Corley, Henry Bruseles and Arturo Gatti.

During Mayweather's tenure at welterweight, the top men were, at various times, Cotto, Antonio Margarito, Paul Williams and Mosley. Mayweather fought Sharmba Mitchell, Zab Judah, Carlos Baldomir, Hatton (moving up from junior welterweight) and took a detour to junior middleweight for Oscar De La Hoya. Before his temporary retirement, he was making plans to fight Hatton and De La Hoya again.

full story

http://queensberry-rules.com/2009/05/kindl...r-jrs-jock.html

Keith
absolute truth. we have been over this again and again. he hasnt fought top competition in 5-7 yrs. its why even other boxers such as calderon are giving him shit about it.
torvix2000
QUOTE (keith @ Jun 13 2009, 01:38 PM) *
absolute truth. we have been over this again and again. he hasnt fought top competition in 5-7 yrs. its why even other boxers such as calderon are giving him shit about it.

According to Gayweather, those top men were the ones who ducked him! LOL!
traced4040
i think Kostya Tszyu in his prime, would have had a great chance of beating PBF, i think PBF was better as a WW than when he was at jnr WW and kostya was a machine

he would have gotten hit cause he moved forward but he had a great jaw and what he did to judah still leaves me in awe

he literally slapped him silly
torvix2000
QUOTE (traced4040 @ Jun 13 2009, 01:05 PM) *
i think Kostya Tszyu in his prime, would have had a great chance of beating PBF, i think PBF was better as a WW than when he was at jnr WW and kostya was a machine

he would have gotten hit cause he moved forward but he had a great jaw and what he did to judah still leaves me in awe

I think we should just let the article take care of PBF's nuthuggers. You're just giving them something to attack by posting things like this. We can just UP UP UP this thread until it sinks into those Gayfans' brains!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (traced4040 @ Jun 13 2009, 02:05 PM) *

Tszyu was the type of style that would have given Mayweather a lot of trouble. IMO a prime Tszyu would have beaten Floyd quite soundly with his timing & pressure.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 13 2009, 08:24 AM) *
IMO a prime Tszyu would have beaten Floyd quite soundly with his timing & pressure.

No.
Keith
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Jun 13 2009, 02:38 PM) *
No.

i believe it could be true. look what he did to judah. floyd couldnt ko judah like that. its a hypothetical but one based on a common opponent and tszyu long run as champion at 140.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Jun 13 2009, 02:38 PM) *
No.

Hell NO!
Mean Mister Mustard
I bet these people who give Tzsyu no chance are the same people who thought Mayweather would run over JLC.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (keith @ Jun 13 2009, 02:52 PM) *
i believe it could be true. look what he did to judah. floyd couldnt ko judah like that. its a hypothetical but one based on a common opponent and tszyu long run as champion at 140.

Kostya & Mayweather are 2 different style fighter, you can't compare their victories over Zab. It's like boxing 101, styles make fights. jesus.

that being said, I always thought Kostya, in his prime, would have been the toughest fight for Floyd. But i can completely see Floyd frustrating him.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 13 2009, 04:49 PM) *
I bet these people who give Tzsyu no chance are the same people who thought Mayweather would run over JLC.

he did the second time, no need for another one after that.
JD
Kostya Tszyu's timing would have caused Floyd fits in my opnion.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Jun 13 2009, 04:54 PM) *

LOL watch the fight again, or for the first time, then comment on it.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Jun 13 2009, 05:54 PM) *

I thought both fights were close, in fact I thought Castillo won the first fight. I do not think Floyd dominated the second fight at all. Just my opinion.
D-MARV
Both Castillo Fights were close but the second was clear.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 13 2009, 06:35 PM) *
LOL watch the fight again, or for the first time, then comment on it.

so, you're saying that it wasn't clear who won?
WolfishPromistah
QUOTE (keith @ Jun 13 2009, 02:52 PM) *

Zab Judah is not all around as good as Floyd, and Hatton is another common opponent. Anyway, Zab had KT going in the first round, and it was when Zab’s inability to adjust as well as Floyd played in that he fell to Tzsyu’s assault. Floyd “outdirtied” Hatton, who did that to KT, on the other hand. And for those who keep bringing up JLC, you find me any one person who says that guy won, I will find you another who says Floyd. Now add me to the latter, for “both” times. In fact, the more I watch that first fight, the more it’s an overhyped performance by Castillo, who just went around chasing, tagging here and there and still being outhustled on the trigger and by the movement of Floyd – ineffective aggression, which ain’t win the victory points with the judges either time.

To that I say -- truth be told, basically it’s like … “Ain’t nobody p*ssing themselves by looking at a lion in its cage growling at them.”

Thankfully, both nights the judges weren’t fooled and got it right.
provo
You can't compare kt and pbf fight with zab , kt when he fought zab ,zab was laying bombs on him in the first round.
I think floyd would easily outbox KT ! And in their prime when floyd was 135,140 ? Would have destroyed him... that's my opinion....
Lil-lightsout
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
D-MARV
Prime for Prime... I would take Floyd winning 8 or 9 rounds.
Spyder
KT was a killer...I would've loved to see that fight when it mattered.

Kostya's timing was impeccable, but I have trouble seeing him pull out the win. Floyd's ability to adjust is just unreal.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jun 13 2009, 09:28 PM) *
KT was a killer...I would've loved to see that fight when it mattered.

Kostya's timing was impeccable, but I have trouble seeing him pull out the win. Floyd's ability to adjust is just unreal.

That's Floyd's greatest aspect. He knows exactly what style to pull out for each fighter. For Judah, Gatti, Hatton, and De La Hoya he used four different styles.
Sugar Q
Floyd's greatness is his ability to adapt and his focus. He would beat Zu easy his way. Just too smart to get into any dumb ish.
Lil-lightsout
For the guys saying it would be easy, I just wonder if you ever seen a prime Tsyzu? Besides his upset loss learning experience against Phillips, he was a monster at 140. Both fights with Castillo were close, and no way did Mayweather win the second one handily or clearly. Maybe Mayweather would have beaten Kostya, sure I can maybe see it, but no freaking way would it have been easy.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 13 2009, 10:36 PM) *
For the guys saying it would be easy, I just wonder if you ever seen a prime Tsyzu? Besides his upset loss learning experience against Phillips, he was a monster at 140. Both fights with Castillo were close, and no way did Mayweather win the second one handily or clearly. Maybe Mayweather would have beaten Kostya, sure I can maybe see it, but no freaking way would it have been easy.

You are the first person I have ever heard say that Floyd didn't clearly win the second fight.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 13 2009, 10:38 PM) *
You are the first person I have ever heard say that Floyd didn't clearly win the second fight.

Really, cause read what Mean Mistard Mustard wrote a little bit ago in this thread. I clearly remember watching the fight. I remember how Floyd was making some type of hand excuse for the reason the first fight was so close. So as I was watching the second fight, it looked alot like the first one all over. Cause believe me, I thought PBF was going to put a whooping on him this time. I just don't remember Floyd being busy enough. I think JLC pressure style really got to Floyd. I def ain't complaining that he won either, I just thought it was another close fight. Shit... I was fan of his back then too, so I was really rooting for him too. Just my opinion man.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Jun 13 2009, 06:38 PM) *
No.

What a magnificent argument. Bravo.

QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 13 2009, 07:55 PM) *
Hell NO!

Again another splendid brakdown of how Mayweather would beat Tszyu. Congragulations.

QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 14 2009, 02:38 AM) *

Stop lying Marv. Anyone with 20/20 vision could see that JLC won the first fight 8-4 CLEARLY & maybe 7-5 at worst. As for the second fight it was close & I scored it a draw but either guy could have won the fight.

You guys must have never watched a prime Tszyu. He has unbeleiveble timing & explosive power. The guy barely lost a round until the end of his career excluding the Phillips fight. People talk about PBF's ability to adapt well Tszyu could & did adapt to any given situation. Tszyu never had any trouble with "cute" fighters & he always got his man. The only way to beat Tszyu is to come forward & apply constant pressure, be willing to take his punches to land your own & keep the pressure up. Only one fighter managed to do that cleanly & that was Phillips who happened to catch Tszyu at his absolute worst spiritually & emotionally.
traced4040
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 13 2009, 09:33 PM) *
That's Floyd's greatest aspect. He knows exactly what style to pull out for each fighter. For Judah, Gatti, Hatton, and De La Hoya he used four different styles.

you guys not that keep mentioning that floyd could have dapted are missing the point

the argument is he adapted against fighter x, y and z

well tell me.....

are fighters x,y and z hall of fame fighters or were in their prime? tell me was hatton in his natural weight class?

im not saying kostya would have won but to say that he had no chance because PBF beat ppl who i wouldnt consider the best fighters(at that time) is ridiculous

ts one thing to say he has great skill but its another to those the kills he showed agasint lesser opnnents would carry over to opponents who were far better than the ones he faced

just because a 10th grader can beat up a 6th grader doesnt mean that he cant beat every other 10th grader

there is a reason that Tszu was a champion and to say but look at how well floyd adapts is stupid

also by being forced to adapt doesnt it say that floyd either had the wrong game plan or has to resort to being more defensive

if your dominating type of fighter that can beat anyone then shouldnt you be able to go out and impose your style instead of adapting?

i think adapting is great but to use it as an excuse and give kostya no chance is absurd

its interesting that the best argument so far has been NO and Hell NO

how about responding to the article with substance instead of a 2 letter word
torvix2000
LOL!

I thought this is about a thread for those Gayweather's fans to get rid of his jock.

I'll repost the link!

http://queensberry-rules.com/2009/05/kindl...r-jrs-jock.html
torvix2000
UP!
Keith
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Jun 13 2009, 05:54 PM) *
Kostya & Mayweather are 2 different style fighter, you can't compare their victories over Zab. It's like boxing 101, styles make fights. jesus.

that being said, I always thought Kostya, in his prime, would have been the toughest fight for Floyd. But i can completely see Floyd frustrating him.

thanks for the boxing 101. i feel so much smarter now. your absolutely right rusty, styles make fights. thats exactly why pbf cherry picks his opponents. i am clearly not the only one who believes KT could pull it off. it could go either way. a prime KT would of been the best fighter pbf had faced at 40-47. dont "jesus" me like i am some kind of idiot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.