Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto vs. Clottey Round by Round/Postfight (All Comments Here)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Jack 1000
For all round by round action and postfight reactions to Cotto vs. Clottey tonight.

Jack

Administrator
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Could anybody send me a link for a stream to tonights fight? Im in Florida, and my fiancee borrowed me her laptop, so I have some wireless connection. Any help would be appreciated, I really want to watch the fight tonight. Thanks.

PS: I still think Clottey is going to take him tonight.... We'll see if Margarito took anything out of Cotto, and if Cotto will wilt under some pressure. Clottey is a tough nut to crack, and has some nice defensive skills. I dont think Judah touched him clean once. Should be a good one though, and I really hope to see it.
Fitz
From now, how far away is the actual fight do you guys think? Don't have it down here, so I'm going to jump off, avoid the results and watch it later when I download it. Is there much of an undercard?
Just looking for a rough time that the fight is going to start.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 13 2009, 07:59 PM) *
From now, how far away is the actual fight do you guys think? Don't have it down here, so I'm going to jump off, avoid the results and watch it later when I download it. Is there much of an undercard?
Just looking for a rough time that the fight is going to start.

Right now it is 9:10 ET. HBO telecast is from 10:35-12:00. So I imagine they will be in the ring at around 11pm, which is 1 hour and 50 minutes from this post.
D-MARV
I'm getting Hyped
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Anybody got a link, please help.
Box in Hand
Clottey had that until the end. He got careless and got knocked down.
Box in Hand
Clottey is winning in my opinion. Cotto's gonna get tired if he keeps fighting the same way.
provo
Cotto looks slow...!!
Box in Hand
QUOTE (provo @ Jun 13 2009, 10:13 PM) *
Cotto looks slow...!!

He's wasting punches on Clottey's high guard.
Box in Hand
That was a bitch move by cotto
Mean Mister Mustard
Clottey is feeling the pressure.
provo
Clotteys new is bothering him , fukn lampley "here's the cotto from old " ca mon the other guys is obviously hurt....
Mean Mister Mustard
Cotto tired.
Box in Hand
Cotto better be careful. He's open for right hands.
Douchebag
I wonder what they are telling Cotto in the corner. Jab to the fucking body!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Jun 13 2009, 11:31 PM) *
I wonder what they are telling Cotto in the corner. Jab to the fucking body!

Yeah, Clottey's wide open for that.
Mean Mister Mustard
Clottey's tired too but I think he's winning by a point.
D-MARV
Clottey is giving this fight away
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 13 2009, 11:45 PM) *
Clottey is giving this fight away

Yeah. He needs to step it up. Easier said than done, I know but if he wants the win he has to go to the next level and get it.
Mean Mister Mustard
Clottey could have made the fight more one sided that it was.
provo
Decision coming up !
provo
116-111 ??? 115-112??? COTTO...What ?
Cottos done , Andre berto would kill him ,, pac would destroy cotto...
salvador
I fucking hate boxing! I quit.
D-MARV
LMAO!!!!!!!!

Cotto won a close fight. I should say that Clottey lost the fight... Fair decision. 116-111 was pretty bad though.
Box in Hand
Fuck Cotto Pac. There needs to be a fucking rematch. Clottey won this fight and the crowd may have influenced the judges. Cotto was on his little red bike the whole fight. He showed heart but he did not win that fight.
WolfishPromistah
From all I saw early on, that fight looked close. Sounds like it stayed that way. The difference -- Cotto had the majority in his favor already. Big ol' crowd like that comes out to see their guy win -- don't wanna disappoint, so it just "might" best he does, especially if he's still on his feet at the end. Hey, "fair is fair" -- hehe. But it did look close.
salvador
Seriously, I really fucking hate this sport.
rleojeda
The decision wasn't bad, it could have gone either way but the 116-111 was very bad.
D-MARV
I expect Cotto to recieve a hate club now....

I guess it's a bad thing to win a close fight. First Dawson, then Calzaghe, Now Cotto. LOL
Mean Mister Mustard
Yeah get a rematch, this time Cotto has no cut and wins it a little easier.
provo
THERE'S GOTTA BE A REMATCH!! Clottey gave that fight away ,but there is no way cotto won by all them dam points.. Rematch clottey would stop him , cotto is not the same fighter anyone of the top welterweights would destroy him , SHANE,PACQUIAO,MAYWEATHER,BERTO,would beat him.. And cotto please don't ask for a margarito rematch he would eat u up , without loaded gloves...LOL...
PR316
Went just as I thought.

I think Clottey wins a rematch honestly but it was a great performance from Cotto. Tremendous heart.
salvador
QUOTE (rleojeda @ Jun 13 2009, 11:04 PM) *
The decision wasn't bad, it could have gone either way but the 116-111 was very bad.

116-111 can be tossed out as too rediculous to be considered seriously. That is a corrupt judge or a drunk judge, but given the magnitude of the financial upside if Cotto won, I think it's more than safe to assume that that motherfucker should go to jail.

Really, if Clottey doesn't get a rematch then I fucking quit this fucking sport.
Douchebag
The only reason the fight was close was because of the head butt early. If not, there would be no question as to who the better fighter is. Cotto won, deservingly.
Douchebag
QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 14 2009, 12:11 AM) *
116-111 can be tossed out as too rediculous to be considered seriously. That is a corrupt judge or a drunk judge, but given the magnitude of the financial upside if Cotto won, I think it's more than safe to assume that that motherfucker should go to jail.

Really, if Clottey doesn't get a rematch then I fucking quit this fucking sport.

That score was horendous. That said, I don't want to see a rematch, It wouldn't be as exciting and Cotto would win more convincingly.
torvix2000
LOL!

People hated Cotto for something which the judges did. You people should get a life.
Douchebag
QUOTE (provo @ Jun 14 2009, 12:09 AM) *
THERE'S GOTTA BE A REMATCH!! Clottey gave that fight away ,but there is no way cotto won by all them dam points.. Rematch clottey would stop him , cotto is not the same fighter anyone of the top welterweights would destroy him , SHANE,PACQUIAO,MAYWEATHER,BERTO,would beat him.. And cotto please don't ask for a margarito rematch he would eat u up , without loaded gloves...LOL...

stop who? LOL
Box in Hand
I think Cotto redeemed himself since Clottey fought like a poor man's Margarito. However, he ran for most of this fight and did not do any damage. I think he would lose to the top guys in the division. The rematch must happen so he can have a shot at silencing the feedback from tonight.
D-MARV
QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 14 2009, 12:11 AM) *

That sounds bad... Quiting the sport? Really? LMAO
Imperius3
I had it 114-113 for Clottey. It was close, but I thought Clottey deserved the nod. I also thought Cotto deserved a point deduction for tossing Clottey down. I was very worried that Clottey's knee was screwed. He fought on though, and I think he showed more heart by fighting with a twisted knee than Cotto fighting on with his gash. Lampley failed to notice that of course...or at least tried very hard not to mention it. In the 12th round, I was shouting at Clottey to get to work...I did not want the fight to go to the cards in NYC. I'm pretty disappointed by the decision, but it was a great fight.
Imperius3
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Jun 13 2009, 11:13 PM) *
The only reason the fight was close was because of the head butt early. If not, there would be no question as to who the better fighter is. Cotto won, deservingly.

Lampley? Is that you? What about Clottey's fucked up knee due to Cotto's throw down?
torvix2000
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Jun 14 2009, 05:19 AM) *
I also thought Cotto deserved a point deduction for tossing Clottey down.

Well, from slowmo, it didn't appear to be deserving of a deduction.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Jun 13 2009, 11:21 PM) *
Lampley? Is that you? What about Clottey's fucked up knee due to Cotto's throw down?

Don't forget the shot to the back of the head and the nut shot. Cotto is notorious for dishing out nut shots when things are swinging the other way.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Jun 14 2009, 12:19 AM) *
I had it 114-113 for Clottey. It was close, but I thought Clottey deserved the nod. I also thought Cotto deserved a point deduction for tossing Clottey down. I was very worried that Clottey's knee was screwed. He fought on though, and I think he showed more heart by fighting with a twisted knee than Cotto fighting on with his gash. Lampley failed to notice that of course...or at least tried very hard not to mention it. In the 12th round, I was shouting at Clottey to get to work...I did not want the fight to go to the cards in NYC. I'm pretty disappointed by the decision, but it was a great fight.

Clottey turned bitch after he fell and didn't act like a fighter. Thats what happened..................My man, if you in a in front of 10,000 Puerto Ricans and you're from Ghana and you expect simpathy, you need a reality check, I think Joshua got it tonight.
MarzB
So let me get this right. Hm

In the four judging criteria which are "Ring Generalship", "Effective Aggressiveness", "CLEAN punching" and the long forgotten "DEFENSE", Mr Cotto some of you want me to believe demonstrated ALL of those in some way or another tonight and because CLOTTEY LOST (yes he did) the last round where the fight supposedly HUNG in the balance. the tide falls to Cotto correct??

Please! Cotto's "effective aggression" was mostly BLOCKED by Clottey. Since HBO love showing the punchstats of fight they fail to take this into account.

LANDED Cotto = 179 Clottey = 222

Thrown Cotto = 723 Clottey = 622

Percentage 25% vs. 36%

So bassed on Clean Punching and Effective aggressiveness if you want to even READ into the numbers, this clearly goes Clottey's way as he didn't have to throw NEARLY as many as Cotto threw and was much more effective.

Cotto had some slick defensive moves in there but Clottey clearly showed better defense by catching most of what Cotto did on the gloves. So for those of you who want to reward Cotto an extra point for having an one eye as I heard in the chat, why not do the same for Josh who had one leg??

Anyways, forget the numbers, lets go to rounds. Show me the SIX clear rounds Cotto won plus the extra point for the knockdown and I'll shut up.

Just call it what it is, extra points for being the co-lead guy for Top Rank, Rocky points for the eye and points for this being in the Garden. That sure has to be the explanation for that bs 116-111. Put a firing squad on judge Don Trella for that because that was awful.

My take. Clottey won 115-112, rounds 3 & 10 being a swing round (thank god for no Larry Merchant tonight to hear of bs "even rounds"). Clottey landed the cleaner shots, showed better defense plus had Cotto on his bike the last half of the fight. I don't have a problem fighting with movement but not when they're clearly doing it for RETREAT mode purposes which Cotto was doing.

But hey, it's politics, so Cotto can have fun at the PR parade tomorrow and we'll see a fight hardly criticized vehemently when Cotto faces Pac.

Gotta love boxing.
provo
I was actually going for cotto before the fight, until he slammed clottey down , and in the 6th round when Clottey was obviously hurting laying on the ropes and fukn Lampley says "here's the miguel cotto from old'ripping his oppents to part " ca mon Lampley clottey couldn't move ! His leg hurt...
Lil-lightsout
I actually scored after each round. I came up with 114-113 Cotto winning. I thought Clottey gave away the last two rounds. My rounds were not the same as Ledermans either. Either way the fight was close, and the knockdown sure did not help. I would not have a problem with Clottey getting the nod either. The 116-111 scorecard was an absolute joke, thats politics right there for you. That judge had it scored before it even started.

Cotto showed toughness in there fighting with that cut.
PW(if at WW), Mosley, Mayweather, would all beat Cotto.
Berto and Pac might too.
The most atrocious thing of the whole fight was the fucking ring and painted shit on it. Clottey must have slipped 10 times trying to throw punches. It is fucking bullshit that fighters have to deal with that.
Stewart sucked ass tonight, he is losing it.
torvix2000
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jun 14 2009, 05:24 AM) *
But hey, it's politics, so Cotto can have fun at the PR parade tomorrow and we'll see a fight hardly criticized vehemently when Cotto faces Pac.

Cotto = Another washed up fighter for Pacman.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Jun 14 2009, 12:21 AM) *

Fuck a knee, don't complain fight like a Champion. You're making excuses when Cotto basically fought with one eye the whole fight. It was a fair fight as far as I'm concerned.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.