Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd Mayweather jr vs Joe Calzaghe?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
provo
Ok ok ! So im sitting here thinking,what if! say floyd fights manny in october and wins! Fights shane in begining of 2010 and wins! How about a 2010 summer showdown Floyd vs Calzagahe at a catchweight say 160! This would be huge for boxing "
Give your opionion on say if these 2 met at a catchweight , I think it would be a interesting fight. A fantasy fight I would like 2 see lol, I believe it would bring out the best in both fighters ,calzagahe would throw punches all day to try and get threw floyds defense ,and floyd would have to step up his offensive side in order to pick joe apart! So what do u think ?
D-MARV
nea.gif
Box in Hand
Uh.....someone is very bored, yes?
Spyder
Is provo trying to punk us?
provo
Bored ? LOL yeah abit! Jus sittin at home drinkin a Beer waiting for this cotto clottey fight 2 come on .LOL..
Fitz
Why?
D-MARV
QUOTE (provo @ Jun 13 2009, 09:32 PM) *
Bored ? LOL yeah abit! Jus sittin at home drinkin a Beer waiting for this cotto clottey fight 2 come on .LOL..

You're drinking a little too much beer.
JD
Calzaghe couldn't make 160 BEFORE he was retired.
lloyd mayflower
get a grip on reality
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JD @ Jun 13 2009, 09:44 PM) *
Calzaghe couldn't make 160 BEFORE he was retired.

LMAO!!!
Byrd Man
And everyone knows that Floyd won't fight that heavy.
blackbelt2003
Seriously, were you smoking crack to come up with this match?

Don't you think if Calzaghe could ever have made 160lb in his career he'd have been a seven year WBO champ in the division with 15 defences against Latvian rent boys and Mexican cab drivers?

Black
D-MARV
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jun 14 2009, 12:26 AM) *
And everyone knows that Floyd won't fight that heavy.

And he shouldn't.
JonnyBlaze
Well you guys are giving this dude a hard time cause he mentioned Calzaghe..There has been talk on here of Floyd and Roy Jones before..

Floyd would have way too many countering opportunities against Calzaghe..Calzaghe has bad technique..A good counter puncher who can throw a good amount of punches can beat him..Calzaghe has slowed his output when being countered..Roy and B-Hop showed what a perfectly timed counter punch can do to Calzaghe..They stun him..Floyd wouldn't hurt him or stun him but he'd pick him a part..
D-MARV
I can't believe this thread is being taken seriously. Calzaghe beats Mayweather fairly easy. Let's close it and move on.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 15 2009, 09:32 PM) *
Well you guys are giving this dude a hard time cause he mentioned Calzaghe..There has been talk on here of Floyd and Roy Jones before..

Floyd would have way too many countering opportunities against Calzaghe..Calzaghe has bad technique..A good counter puncher who can throw a good amount of punches can beat him..Calzaghe has slowed his output when being countered..Roy and B-Hop showed what a perfectly timed counter punch can do to Calzaghe..They stun him..Floyd wouldn't hurt him or stun him but he'd pick him a part..

Jonny...your trainer smack you around today and drop you? You really think Floyd the welterweight, would beat Calzaghe? Calzaghe would literally walk through anything PBF throws and outwork him. Floyd does not throw enough punches or punch hard enough to keep Joe honest. I hate Calzaghe, but he would beat Floyd easily, he is just too big, and he is a really good fighter. Hopkins or Jones could not keep him off them, and they are way bigger and stronger than Floyd. I could not even think the huggers would believe PBF could beat Joe.
JonnyBlaze
Damarv,crazier matchups have been made on here..Also,crazier match ups have actually happened..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 15 2009, 09:42 PM) *
Damarv,crazier matchups have been made on here..Also,crazier match ups have actually happened..

The OP stated a catchweight at 160! Joe has been at 168 for almost his entire career, and also at 175. It is a stupid thread because Joe would never fight at 160, and you think Floyd would go to 168? Floyd does not even like fighting guys his own freaking weight! laugh.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 15 2009, 08:41 PM) *
Jonny...your trainer smack you around today and drop you? You really think Floyd the welterweight, would beat Calzaghe? Calzaghe would literally walk through anything PBF throws and outwork him. Floyd does not throw enough punches or punch hard enough to keep Joe honest. I hate Calzaghe, but he would beat Floyd easily, he is just too big, and he is a really good fighter. Hopkins or Jones could not keep him off them, and they are way bigger and stronger than Floyd. I could not even think the huggers would believe PBF could beat Joe.

Shit,I've seen Jack Dempsey weigh 180 lbs KO and destroy Willard who weighed 70 lbs at least more than him.

Harry Greb whooped up on Dempsey and Johnson in sparring..

I'm surprised you're sayin this shit..Your main man,James Toney went from middleweight to heavyweight..He has weighed in at around 240 before..So he weighs about 80 lbs more than his fighting weight before..How did he do it and make it work??His skills!!Why do you need to keep someone off you when they can't keep up with your footwork??Roy and B-Hop were too old,I was only mentioning how easy it is to counter his shitty punches..B-Hop and Roy were both 39+ years old..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 15 2009, 08:45 PM) *
The OP stated a catchweight at 160! Joe has been at 168 for almost his entire career, and also at 175. It is a stupid thread because Joe would never fight at 160, and you think Floyd would go to 168? Floyd does not even like fighting guys his own freaking weight! laugh.gif

Ok,well if Joe was 168 and Floyd was 160..
D-MARV
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 15 2009, 09:53 PM) *
Shit,I've seen Jack Dempsey weigh 180 lbs KO and destroy Willard who weighed 70 lbs at least more than him.

Harry Greb whooped up on Dempsey and Johnson in sparring..

I'm surprised you're sayin this shit..Your main man,James Toney went from middleweight to heavyweight..He has weighed in at around 240 before..So he weighs about 80 lbs more than his fighting weight before..How did he do it and make it work??His skills!!Why do you need to keep someone off you when they can't keep up with your footwork??Roy and B-Hop were too old,I was only mentioning how easy it is to counter his shitty punches..B-Hop and Roy were both 39+ years old..

It's not as easy as you think. If it was then I'm sure he would have a few more losses. Also Calzaghe doesn't throw one punch. He throws punches in bunches which makes it even more difficult for you to counter them.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 15 2009, 08:58 PM) *
It's not as easy as you think. If it was then I'm sure he would have a few more losses. Also Calzaghe doesn't throw one punch. He throws punches in bunches which makes it even more difficult for you to counter them.

Margarito is the same way..Only difference is that Calzaghe has better defense..
STEVENSKI
Jonny has taken too many punches today. He has lost it.

This is a fight I would love to see as Floyd would get beaten badly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.