Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao - Cotto at 144
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JD
Give me Pacman.
Douchebag
Cotto all day. Unless Pac develops a left uppercut, which I have NEVER seen.
traced4040
i was leaning on cotto pre fight but not anymore

he didnt really hurt clottey

pac has a good chin and can go 12 rounds

the big thing though is at 144, cotto didnt look to have the power (i think he's still hesistant still the margarito fight) and he looked shaky at the end

having to cut weight would be the deciding factor

Lil-lightsout
Before this fight I would have taking Cotto all day. Now I would still favor Cotto, but man is it a close one to call. I think the biggest key is for Cotto to keep his hands high at all times and protect that chin. Pac is super fast and has good power, and I think he could def hurt Cotto with one of his big shots. But I also think Cotto could put a hurting on Pac too. Really interesting fight.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (traced4040 @ Jun 14 2009, 01:37 AM) *
i was leaning on cotto pre fight but not anymore

he didnt really hurt clottey

pac has a good chin and can go 12 rounds

the big thing though is at 144, cotto didnt look to have the power (i think he's still hesistant still the margarito fight) and he looked shaky at the end

having to cut weight would be the deciding factor

Actually i think Cotto did hurt Clottley in the 4th or 5th rd i don't remember exactly but when he had him against the roped unleashing his blows you could see Clottey was there but he was shaken up a bit.

I think this fight is a toss up Cotto ain't no Hatton he can fight and has a brutal left hook but his downfall could be his stamina if he doesn't get Manny out of there by the middle rd he might be in trouble.

I could see either a decision win for Manny or a TKO for Cotto.
torvix2000
DLH ain't no Diaz.
Hatton ain't no DLH.
Cotto ain't no Hatton.
Mayweather ain't no put another washed up fighter Pac brutalized .
STEVENSKI
I would take Pac all day. Way too fast & plenty of power spells trouble for Cotto. Pac also has a very nice body attack & stamina in bucketloads. If Cotto survives the first 2 or 3 rounds he in in for a long & painful night.

Cotto is bigger & stronger than Pac & has a excellent left hook but I think Pac's speed would cause real problems for Cotto & Pac's kind of speed kills.
Fitz
Before tonight's fight, I would have taken Cotto, but Cotto really didn't look great tonight, I think I may lean towards Pacquiao at this stage.
D-MARV
Anything below 147 then Cotto is LUNCH.
EirbinX
cotto by 6th rd. TKO or KTFO
salvador
Pac's too fast and Cotto ain't the same fighter he was pre Marg.

I'd love to see this fight though and it would be easy to imagine a scenario where Cotto lands some solid body shots early and knocks Pac out late.
Mean Mister Mustard
At 147 Cotto.

144 Pacquiao.

Some people might be saying "What? 3 pounds and you change your pick?" But we all know the strain of shedding those 3 pounds would be butal for Cotto. In the early rounds he would be sharp but he would slow down substantially later on.
Keith
for me, i think cotto has a real problem with cuts. it clearly affects him. fight after fight the guy has lip, mouth, eye bleeding. it sways me towards pac.
Sugar Q
What do Margarchito, Clottey and Mosley have in common? All guys are capable of contending at 154 plus. I say that to say Cotto was at somewhat of a disadvantage against these guys but he will be the bigger, stronger guy against Pacquiao. Cotto's boxing skills are underrated. If Pacquiao can't hurt Cotto he will be in deep trouble cause Cotto is relentless. I got Cotto in this fight. The question isn't can Cotto handle Pac but can Pac handle Cotto. I think last night showed that Cotto has put the hold Margarito thing behind him and if he heals properly he's gonna be a problem for anybody. Bigger guys can take those body shots but can Lil Manny?
provo
Pacquiao stops him in 8-10 , cotto is to slow and leaves himself open pac would catch him easy then move cotto sits on his punches ,pac would easily destroy cotto...
"And I can't stand pac "lol
I personally think cotto is done ,not the same fighter as he was! Any top welterweight would get cotto , shane,berto,floyd
PR316
I think Pacquiao takes him via decision or possible stoppage. Cotto is too proud to clinch. It'll get the better of him again against a faster opponent. If Cotto gets a real trainer, he could pull it out.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 14 2009, 12:45 AM) *
Before this fight I would have taking Cotto all day. Now I would still favor Cotto, but man is it a close one to call. I think the biggest key is for Cotto to keep his hands high at all times and protect that chin. Pac is super fast and has good power, and I think he could def hurt Cotto with one of his big shots. But I also think Cotto could put a hurting on Pac too. Really interesting fight.

you ruined my post... i was thinking the same thing...lol
STEVENSKI
People talk up this power of Cotto's but I ain't seen it in some time. Who was the last elite fighter he has knocked out? Judah? Judah was bordering on journeyman status by then. I have not seen this so called power displayed at 147 in a long long time.

Speed kills & Pac is that much faster than Cotto it is not funny.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ Jun 14 2009, 02:45 PM) *
What do Margarchito, Clottey and Mosley have in common? All guys are capable of contending at 154 plus. I say that to say Cotto was at somewhat of a disadvantage against these guys but he will be the bigger, stronger guy against Pacquiao. Cotto's boxing skills are underrated. If Pacquiao can't hurt Cotto he will be in deep trouble cause Cotto is relentless. I got Cotto in this fight. The question isn't can Cotto handle Pac but can Pac handle Cotto. I think last night showed that Cotto has put the hold Margarito thing behind him and if he heals properly he's gonna be a problem for anybody. Bigger guys can take those body shots but can Lil Manny?

i agree with this assesment as well... all of a sudden that is an interesting fight... before the clottey fight i wouldn have given pac a chance....
Fitz
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 15 2009, 09:18 AM) *
People talk up this power of Cotto's but I ain't seen it in some time. Who was the last elite fighter he has knocked out? Judah? Judah was bordering on journeyman status by then. I have not seen this so called power displayed at 147 in a long long time.

Speed kills & Pac is that much faster than Cotto it is not funny.

Margarito and Clottey are known to have fantastic chins. You can't hold it against Cotto for not stopping him. Not many fighters would stop Clottey or Margarito.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 15 2009, 06:27 AM) *
Margarito and Clottey are known to have fantastic chins. You can't hold it against Cotto for not stopping him. Not many fighters would stop Clottey or Margarito.

Not saying that they are not (although Mosley certainly cracked Margs chin) ut he has not displayed that fearsome body attack that has softened up many of his former opponents.
BigG
All I have to ask everyone is would Pacquiao have destroyed Joshua Clottey? lol Please...Joshua Clottey is one tough costumer he is not a stupid fighter like Ricky Hatton who has no form of defense except blocking punches with his face. He is better than Hatton is EVERY way possible ESPECIALLY defense and is bigger, stronger, and has a tougher chin.

As for Pac-Cotto I'd probably favor Pac especially if they make Cotto drain...
The Original MrFactor
I think Cotto stops Pacquiao. Pac would be going up against a guy who has great handspeed, whose bigger and can bang. I pick Cotto to stop Pacquiao. I think Pac get Hatton'd against Cotto.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.