Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Rematch Would You Rather See?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JD
While it is obvious there is more money in the Mosley fight, though that would not be the case for Arum specifically, which of the two rematchs would you rather see?

Personally, I think I would prefer to see Cotto - Clottey.

Thoughts?
salvador
Cotto-Clottey 2 has to happen. I love Cotto, love his style and love his heart, but this really is an issue of integrity. If Cotto wants to fight Pac and Floyd next I'll give him a pass for reasons of common sense. And if he wants Marg as well, I'd love that as well. But before he retires, he owes Clottey a rematch. That's the righteous thing to do.

This actually reminds me of the DLH-Quartey fight. DLH was a man for fighting him, but the rematch really should have happened.

I can't criticize Cotto for chasing the bigger money fights right now (and Cotto's track record of fighting top guys is bulletproof), but I really hope he does the right thing here.

Let's see Clottey-Cintron or Clottey-Williams, and if Clottey wins either of those fights maybe he'll get one last chance at a megafight.
Mean Mister Mustard
At first glance I'd say Clootey deserves a rematch because the fight was close and he has worked hard these past few years so he deserves it. However, Mosley is not getting any younger and after beating Margarito he should also deserve a crack at Cotto to figure out who is the Champ at 147.
thehype
Cotto-Mosley

I thought their fight was more entertaining.
Keith
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 14 2009, 11:59 AM) *
Cotto-Mosley

i agree. there was more drama last night but from a purely boxing perspective the mosley fight is higher quality. and they are the recognized champs of the division at this point.
Lil-lightsout
Well Clottey deserves a rematch, but that probably will not happen due to making a Cotto-Pac fight. Why you think they had those inexperienced judges in there? I think 2 of them scored properly, but everyone knows that 3rd judge was corrupt.

I would rather see Clottey-Cotto II, so then Shane can get a fight with Pac. But I would not mind seeing Shane fight Cotto next either so he could get revenge. He would def KO Cotto this time. Cotto is def not the same before the Margs fight.
Romulus9
Cotto-Mosley means more to the sport. Last night, Clottey did what Clottey does... he faded late.

Cotto-Mosley is a better rematch and a more important rematch. Cotto-Pacquiao will make Bob Arum giddy like a school girl.

Sorry Joshua. You're probably relegated to fighting Berto, and that fight belongs on ESPN2 or Versus if you ask me.
Jack 1000
Cotto-Clottey...........in Ghana! LOL! Let's have a little home cooking for Joshua! LOL! OK, that will never happen. However, I do believe that Clottey won the first fight and deserves a rematch.

Jack
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 14 2009, 10:59 AM) *
Cotto-Mosley

agreed...
kingknockout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 14 2009, 06:56 PM) *
agreed...

LOL they both were good fights...but i'd like to see a healthy clottey go against cotto again...never know the mosley your gonna get
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Jun 14 2009, 06:27 PM) *
LOL they both were good fights...but i'd like to see a healthy clottey go against cotto again...never know the mosley your gonna get

the mosely fight had more drama and action... plus mosely has the know how to get his man out if he has him on the brink.... clottey had a beaten fighter in front of him and couldnt close the show... maybe his leg played a part but i am not sure...
salvador
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jun 14 2009, 12:06 PM) *
Sorry Joshua. You're probably relegated to fighting Berto, and that fight belongs on ESPN2 or Versus if you ask me.

Berto ain't getting anywhere near Clottey. No chance unless Berto unexpectedly loses a stepping stone type of fight.
CassiusClay1
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 14 2009, 12:10 PM) *
Cotto-Clottey...........in Ghana! LOL! Let's have a little home cooking for Joshua! LOL! OK, that will never happen. However, I do believe that Clottey won the first fight and deserves a rematch.

Jack

Yeah i was thinking the same thing lol. In ghana and let the home town judges have their fun on cotto. I looked at the odds on bodog and it looked like 6 to 1 for cotto. I knew clottey would give him a better fight. Im surprised there arnt more people talking about the judging on this one... I scored 114-113 for clottey. I can see where some people might find the fight a slight win for cotto but 116-111 and 115-112 thats rediculous. this was a draw or a fight that was won by 1 or 2 points at best. I think Cotto should give clottey a rematch and you have to repect him for saying he would do it. I know bob arum has been good for boxing but i dont like that all he thinks about is which fight brings him the most money. The fans and clottey deserve a rematch between these guys before any pacman fight. if clottey won that it could be a great trilogy. cotto mosely would be cool to see but i think clottey earned the rematch more.
King Eugene
^LMAO

I'd rather see Cotto vs. Margarito rematch. I dont think it will be the same Cotto though. So in that sense I'd edge the victory to Margarito.

Damn did I just say that?
Big Slim Sweet
I'd rather see Cotto-Mosley 2. It's a more meaningful fight with an expiring window.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.