Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto on that Bicycle LOL....would he do the same thing if he fought Mayweather?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
kingknockout
we all know when it comes to power and the punches that Cotto throws with his offensive style....that he would later get tired in the late rounds......

he's been on that bike in the Zab Judah fight.........the Mosley fight.....the margo fight (but this is just because margo cheated with loaded gloves so scratch that) AND he was on the bike in the clottey fight......cotto loves to punish his opponents and come forward...why is he backing up at full pace now?.....all of his fights before he would walk his opponent down and beat the living sin out of them.

people accuse floyd mayweather of the same thing....when cotto last night looked like he was moonwalking....like he was auditioning to be a michael jackson back up dancer LOL.

could this happen with floyd..if they fought.........with the accuracy and defense of money mayweather...and his ring smarts.....im sure that cotto would gas out in the later rounds...and hop on that bike.

we all know Zab, Shane, Margo, and Clottey are way more powerful that floyd...cus of his brittle little hands LOL........but do you think mayweather still could back up cotto.......seeing as mayweather is a true lightweight anyway cus he's so fuckin small....i really think it's possible.....and you don't want to be backing up against a guy like "Money"

Cotto stop getting on that bike and doing them side to side dance moves and come forward man LOL!........
laugh.gif

what would tito think...hmmmm
torvix2000
Nah!

Cotto isn't claiming to be greater than Sugar Ray Robinson. He can do all the bycycling he wants to do. Read my sig.
kingknockout
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jun 14 2009, 08:42 PM) *
Nah!

Cotto isn't claiming to be greater than Sugar Ray Robinson. He can do all the bycycling he wants to do. Read my sig.

wtf.gif
Box in Hand
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jun 14 2009, 07:42 PM) *
Nah!

What the hell is this bullywocking flabber blabber you're speaking? Cotto got on that little red bike and pedaled faster than Lance Armstrong. Mayweather don't run, he sticks and moves. There's a difference. Cotto looked like a 5 year old girl chasing after the ice cream truck on her little red bike.

The champ is supposed to defend his title not ride his way to victory.
provo
Mayweather would destroy cotto easily,cotto sits on his punches mayweather would easily catch cotto just like he did gatti.. And I agree cotto has been running , a lot ,,mayweather never does that ,he hits and steps back... he don't run ..good point made box in hand
torvix2000
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jun 15 2009, 01:34 AM) *
What the hell is this bullywocking flabber blabber you're speaking? Cotto got on that little red bike and pedaled faster than Lance Armstrong. Mayweather don't run, he sticks and moves. There's a difference. Cotto looked like a 5 year old girl chasing after the ice cream truck on her little red bike.

I agree with you!!! But, so what? What the heck you care about Cotto. I don't care about him. He can run all he wants. But Gayweather, ah, he's claiming to be the greatest.
JaRaNDa
Mayweather rides his 'bike' for an entire fight as a gameplan! Cotto back peddles when he is fartigue late in the fight..big difference!
BigG
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jun 15 2009, 02:34 AM) *

Lol at people forgetting the sport is called BOXING. Guess what sticking and moving is part of the game. Willie Pep, Mayweather, and several other greats have done it. Cotto just doesn't run he moves and throws punches and he does what he needs to win.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Jun 15 2009, 01:22 AM) *
Lol at people forgetting the sport is called BOXING. Guess what sticking and moving is part of the game. Willie Pep, Mayweather, and several other greats have done it. Cotto just doesn't run he moves and throws punches and he does what he needs to win.

Oh Behave! Cotto does what he needs to win to include throwing opponents to the floor, hitting them in the nuts, and punching them in the back of the head. That crap he pulled Saturday was not stick and move. It was 10-speed pedaling.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jun 15 2009, 08:26 AM) *
Oh Behave! Cotto does what he needs to win to include throwing opponents to the floor, hitting them in the nuts, and punching them in the back of the head. That crap he pulled Saturday was not stick and move. It was 10-speed pedaling.

Mayweather likes to ram his elbows into his opononents. In fact he's done it more times than Cotto has hit pepople in the nut sack. So not ony has PBF ran more than Cotto but he's also been more of a dirty fighter.
torvix2000
LOL! Gayweather is deliberately exposing the back of his head. He should be penalized for violating the principles of boxing. What happened to the "protect yourself at all times"? If his testiccles were on his shoulder, he'd deliberately expose them to an opponent's punch.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jun 15 2009, 09:00 AM) *
LOL! Gayweather is deliberately exposing the back of his head. He should be penalized for violating the principles of boxing. What happened to the "protect yourself at all times"? If his testiccles were on his shoulder, he'd deliberately expose them to an opponent's punch.

What the %#%#?
EirbinX
QUOTE (provo @ Jun 14 2009, 10:24 PM) *
Mayweather would destroy cotto easily,cotto sits on his punches mayweather would easily catch cotto just like he did gatti.. And I agree cotto has been running , a lot ,,mayweather never does that ,he hits and steps back... he don't run ..good point made box in hand

IMO Cotto deserves to do watever tha fuck he wants in der cuz the 2 fighters mayweather dodged the most (mosley and margarito) cotto fought and he gave clottey a shot when even margarito wouldn't give him a rematch, and if mayweather is still gonna fight marquez he will probably pedal all day long knowing that he is the bigger man and will get even more shit for it....(deservingly)
Mean Mister Mustard
Exaclty. Unless Pacquiao tries to make Cotto shed 3 pounds like he was trying to do with Mosley. Now that's a move I can criticize Pacquiao for.
King Eugene
Damn these threads seem recycled!

Cotto sticks and moves just like Mayweather. Mayweather does it more while Cotto tends to trade more. The only time I really seen Cotto backing up in retreat mode was against Margarito when he was clearly hurt...thats why he took a knee.

Folks are being a little too critical of Cotto now. They act like he just fought some rudy pooh! Clottey is a tough dude!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.