Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ROACH HAS THE NERVE TO SAY DURAN'S HIS MAN
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Sugar Q
The great Roberto Duran never asked for a catch weight and he went in against the great Marvelous Marvin Hagler so how dare Freddie Roach say Roberto Duran is his favorite fighter. What a hypocrite.
King Eugene
dntknw.gif
AussieLad
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 16 2009, 07:35 AM) *
dntknw.gif

Roach doesnt train floyd jr, so anything he does or says SugarCube hates
traced4040
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ Jun 16 2009, 02:30 AM) *
The great Roberto Duran never asked for a catch weight and he went in against the great Marvelous Marvin Hagler so how dare Freddie Roach say Roberto Duran is his favorite fighter. What a hypocrite.

im sorry did Roberto Duran start out at 106?

Douchebag
Somebody is

Sugar Q
I've seen Freddie Roach fight many times and he was a fearless dude. I thought he was a gutsy fighter. How can you say your favorite fighter is Duran (who came up from 135 and fought the 160lb Hagler (one of the most feared fighters of all time). There is no Hagler around right now. When Hagler was around there was no question who the middle-wt champion was and there was only one. If Duran came up from 106 and he was fighting at 147 and Paul Williams called him out he would fight Paul Williams @ 147 and anyone who knows of Duran knows I'm telling the truth. The people who have a problem with this are full of shit. I'm a leader not a follower I could care less who disagrees. To be forcing fighters to weaken themselves is total bullshit. Man up and fight the guys at their weight or shut the fuck up and fight the guys at your weight. Floyd doesnt make these provisions and yall know this but like a bunch of weak ass republicans that has this world all fucked up right now you'd much rather take the pussy route because you think Pacquaio's shit doesn't stink. What you need to do is look in the mirror and ask yourself:

1) Why isn't Pacquiao fighting Mosley or Cotto @147 (shit I would like to see Pacquiao/Berto)

2) Why wont Pacquiao come out and say Floyd let's get it on 50/50 wouldn't that put an end to the BS.

3) Why hasn't Pacquiao fought a real boxer (could it be because the only time he did he lost)

4) Why does Pacquiao get a bye (Is it because he just wants to do his job? Is that why he's allowed to hide behind his team's BS)
The last time a fighter was acting like he was innocent and didn't know what was going on Margachito was bricking his gloves. Pacquiao is as greedy and arrogant as PBF, Oscar and the rest. he just tries to cleverly hide behind his team but he aint slick.

People who have a problem calling it like it is are the one's who are full of shit. How dare you use the name of the great Roberto Duran then degrade the sport of boxing with all the BS. Why fight a man when he's not at his best. This is not good management this is BULLSHIT and it's bad for the sport.
Spyder
fool.gif
JD
Sugar Q
QUOTE (JD @ Jun 16 2009, 01:26 PM) *

LOL
Thegreatequalizer
what does roach naming his favorite fighter have to do with him doing his job? there is no logical connection.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ Jun 16 2009, 01:13 PM) *
I've seen Freddie Roach fight many times and he was a fearless dude. I thought he was a gutsy fighter. How can you say your favorite fighter is Duran (who came up from 135 and fought the 160lb Hagler (one of the most feared fighters of all time). There is no Hagler around right now. When Hagler was around there was no question who the middle-wt champion was and there was only one. If Duran came up from 106 and he was fighting at 147 and Paul Williams called him out he would fight Paul Williams @ 147 and anyone who knows of Duran knows I'm telling the truth. The people who have a problem with this are full of shit. I'm a leader not a follower I could care less who disagrees. To be forcing fighters to weaken themselves is total bullshit. Man up and fight the guys at their weight or shut the fuck up and fight the guys at your weight. Floyd doesnt make these provisions and yall know this but like a bunch of weak ass republicans that has this world all fucked up right now you'd much rather take the pussy route because you think Pacquaio's shit doesn't stink. What you need to do is look in the mirror and ask yourself:

1) Why isn't Pacquiao fighting Mosley or Cotto @147 (shit I would like to see Pacquiao/Berto)

2) Why wont Pacquiao come out and say Floyd let's get it on 50/50 wouldn't that put an end to the BS.

3) Why hasn't Pacquiao fought a real boxer (could it be because the only time he did he lost)

4) Why does Pacquiao get a bye (Is it because he just wants to do his job? Is that why he's allowed to hide behind his team's BS)
The last time a fighter was acting like he was innocent and didn't know what was going on Margachito was bricking his gloves. Pacquiao is as greedy and arrogant as PBF, Oscar and the rest. he just tries to cleverly hide behind his team but he aint slick.

People who have a problem calling it like it is are the one's who full of shit. How dare you use the name of the great Roberto Duran then degrade the sport of boxing with all the BS. Why fight a man when he's not at his best. This is not good management this is BULLSHIT and it's bad for the sport.

Why is looking in the mirror necessary?
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 16 2009, 03:33 PM) *
Why is looking in the mirror necessary?

Lol, because sometimes its cool to examine yourself and say am I being fair or f--ked up? Come on Mean you know this is not a good look for boxing. We love the greats because they stepped up to great challenges without crazy stipulations. How great would it be for Manny to beat a legitimate guy leaving no excuses. It shouldn't matter if he came in at 140-142 the greatness would be legitimately beating bigger guys at their best not all this BS. What's next getting heavy-wts to fight at catch weights?
Mean Mister Mustard
I agree about all these bullshit catchweight fights. I don't care for them at all.
D-MARV
I agree. These catchweights are getting pretty lame. Pac and Floyd included.
Keith
i am not a fan of the catchweight craze. but nobody is forcing these guys to sign on the dotted line. and how much different is requesting the catchweight then say asking for a specific brand or size glove, or ring size, or referee, or fight location?
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (keith @ Jun 16 2009, 04:13 PM) *
i am not a fan of the catchweight craze. but nobody is forcing these guys to sign on the dotted line. and how much different is requesting the catchweight then say asking for a specific brand or size glove, or ring size, or referee, or fight location?

Actually, wasn't that basically what Pacquiao was doing to Mosley by saying "Drop down to 144 or no fight"?
kidbazooka1
Hey Roach knows his boxing Duran is in my opinon a top 5 p4p all time great and a fearless brutal master of his craft.

Almost all Mexican fighters past and present agree that Julio Cesar Chavez is the greatest Mexican fighter of all time but almost every latin fighter including Chavez will agree that Duran is the greatest latin fighter to ever step foot in the square cricle.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ Jun 16 2009, 06:13 PM) *

1) Because he does not have to.

2) Because he holds the cards & as Floyds recent "promotion" showed he is not a draw in any way shape of form. Perhaps a 70/30 split in General Santos City on a 40 degree day would be suitable.

3) He has fought real boxers & beaten them.

The fact is that you are a idiot no more no less.
Keith
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 16 2009, 05:28 PM) *
Actually, wasn't that basically what Pacquiao was doing to Mosley by saying "Drop down to 144 or no fight"?

ya but nobody is forcing mosley to take it. and it doesnt look like that fight will happen anyway.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 16 2009, 10:28 PM) *

No he is giving Shane the option of fighting on his terms & making money or not.

It is not like someone is holding a gun to Jin's head & saying "sign or we blow her brains out". Come to think of it if they did Shane would not sign.
Keith
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 16 2009, 07:27 PM) *
No he is giving Shane the option of fighting on his terms & making money or not.

It is not like someone is holding a gun to Jin's head & saying "sign or we blow her brains out". Come to think of it if they did Shane would not sign.

histerical. great stuff.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 16 2009, 07:25 PM) *
1) Because he does not have to.

2) Because he holds the cards & as Floyds recent "promotion" showed he is not a draw in any way shape of form. Perhaps a 70/30 split in General Santos City on a 40 degree day would be suitable.

3) He has fought real boxers & beaten them.

The fact is that you are a idiot no more no less.

I shouldn't respond to this but only an idiot would wish a fighter died. Some may find that shit funny when you do it but I dont. Manny has never fought a real boxer preferably african american and we all know what happen against Marquez. Manny's BS is ok but Floyd's isn't? It's very clear who the real idiot is.
Keith
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ Jun 16 2009, 07:44 PM) *
I shouldn't respond to this but only an idiot would wish a fighter died. Some may find that shit funny when you do it but I dont. Manny has never fought a real boxer preferably african american and we all know what happen against Marquez. Manny's BS is ok but Floyd's isn't? It's very clear who the real idiot is.

i am not quite sure why he has to fight an african american. what happened against jmm was 4 knockdowns and if not for a judge who couldnt count, 2 wins. and ricky hatton had never been beaten at 140. barrera and morales? your right, manny has never faced a real boxer.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (keith @ Jun 16 2009, 07:53 PM) *
i am not quite sure why he has to fight an african american. what happened against jmm was 4 knockdowns and if not for a judge who couldnt count, 2 wins. and ricky hatton had never been beaten at 140. barrera and morales? your right, manny has never faced a real boxer.

Never said he had to I said I would like to see it. A Nate Campbell, Casamayor would've been nice, a Bradley, a Mosley, a PBF. What real fan wouldn't wanna see that. An African American fighter is a different origin of a fighter not saying better or worse but different. It's a fact that Manny has been kept from this kind of fighter and there's a reason why.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ Jun 16 2009, 07:59 PM) *
Never said he had to I said I would like to see it. A Nate Campbell, Casamayor would've been nice, a Bradley, a Mosley, a PBF. What real fan wouldn't wanna see that. An African American fighter is a different origin of a fighter not saying better or worse but different. It's a fact that Manny has been kept from this kind of fighter and there's a reason why.

First of all, I hate talking about the whole race type stuff, but I would like to respond to this.

You are def right about Manny not fighting African American fighters. But Manny fought his first 6 years in the Phillipines, which there probably was not many African Americans there to fight. Then when fighting in the US, he has been at the 122-130lbs. for the majority of the time here, and he has been fighting very stiff tough competition here. It just so happens at these weights there are/were not many top African American fighters, so I do not think it is his fault.

Now Manny is fighting heavier and there are some top African American fighters he could face, but his recent move up in weight is too early for you to speculate there is a reason for him avoiding an African American fighter. Maybe he will fight one soon, you just need to be patient, kind of like you say about Mayweather going after some real welterweights. Personally, I just find it hard to believe he is kept from that kind of fighter. Though it is a nice observation on your part, I just think there are valid reasons behind it.

Also, you mentioned Casamayor, he is Cuban.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ Jun 16 2009, 11:44 PM) *

I have said many times I really don't want PBF dead just incapacitated.

Stop with the racism please it is not very funny as unless it is a clear joke Racism is serious bidness you dig.
traced4040
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ Jun 16 2009, 01:13 PM) *

People who have a problem calling it like it is are the one's who are full of shit. How dare you use the name of the great Roberto Duran then degrade the sport of boxing with all the BS. Why fight a man when he's not at his best. This is not good management this is BULLSHIT and it's bad for the sport.

SugarQ

you keep avoiding my repsonses, your doing a better job of ducking than <insert SugarQ's fav fighter here>

i guess im gonna have to chase you like <insert SugarQ's fav fighter's opponents here>

firstly on Duran, Duran lost the middleweight fight with hagler then stepped down to light middleweight to face hearns

using your logic duran was a coward for going down in weight

people know your telling the truth? duran would have probably fought anyone but he never started out at 106 so how can ther be any truth with that?

106 to 147 is roughly going up 50% of your body weight, 135 to 160 is no where near that

what do you mean floyd doesn tmake these concessions?

do you not know he foought hatton at 147 instead of taking hattons lineal crown at 140???

also its easier to not to have to make concessions when you dont fight the best and instead fight a part time DLH a jnr welterweight champ at welterweight, zab judah after a loss and so on and so on

just to give you some facts

here are some catch weight fights

Henry Armstrong TKO end of 6 Lew Jenkins -- Polo Grounds, N.Y., July 17, 1940

Ray Leonard TKO9 Donny Lalonde -- Las Vegas, Nov. 7, 1988

Bernard Hopkins KO9 Oscar De La Hoya -- Las Vegas, Sept. 18, 2004

Jose Luis Castillo KO4 Diego Corrales -- Las Vegas, Oct. 8, 2005

Ricardo Mayorga W12 Fernando Vargas -- Los Angeles, Nov. 23, 2007

Roy Jones Jr. W12 Felix Trinidad -- New York City, Jan. 19, 2008

accroding to yor logic

Sugar Ray is a bitch for making donny step down in weight

Oscar is a punk for draining Hopkins

and Roy Jones is an amateur for taking on Trinidad

Pacquio has never foiught at catch weight before and is only doing it cause he cant fight at 147

he weighed 142 for DLH when he should have foiught at 147

Cotto and Mosley are closer to 160 at fight night

instead shouldnt cotto go down to 140 to take Pac's title??????

floyd doesnt sell tickets, which is why the fight with marquez is cancelled

if 90% of ppl want to see pac then why should PBF get 50%

its clear that PBF made other guys like Zab and Baldomir get the lesser purse so this argument is flawed

what are you an idiot?

the guy has 4 titles and fought 4 or 5 first vote hall of famers compared to PBF's 2

the guy fought the best in his division and also won titles before moving up

compare PBF's fight resume to the best and you will find that there are a lot names missing. i wont say it was all of his fault but you cant credit him if he didnt figt the best

i dont een no what this means?????

Pac hsnt said much and has not proclaimed himslef as the best ever

so your criticising him for spending time building schools and medical clinincs instead?

the guy has given away mroe money than most boxers have ever made

the difference is that pac has fought the best and PBF hasnt

the only one degrading Roberto Durans name is you

Sugar Q
QUOTE (traced4040 @ Jun 16 2009, 09:10 PM) *
SugarQ

you keep avoiding my repsonses, your doing a better job of ducking than <insert SugarQ's fav fighter here>

i guess im gonna have to chase you like <insert SugarQ's fav fighter's opponents here>

firstly on Duran, Duran lost the middleweight fight with hagler then stepped down to light middleweight to face hearns

using your logic duran was a coward for going down in weight

people know your telling the truth? duran would have probably fought anyone but he never started out at 106 so how can ther be any truth with that?

106 to 147 is roughly going up 50% of your body weight, 135 to 160 is no where near that

what do you mean floyd doesn tmake these concessions?

do you not know he foought hatton at 147 instead of taking hattons lineal crown at 140???

also its easier to not to have to make concessions when you dont fight the best and instead fight a part time DLH a jnr welterweight champ at welterweight, zab judah after a loss and so on and so on

just to give you some facts

here are some catch weight fights

Henry Armstrong TKO end of 6 Lew Jenkins -- Polo Grounds, N.Y., July 17, 1940

Ray Leonard TKO9 Donny Lalonde -- Las Vegas, Nov. 7, 1988

Bernard Hopkins KO9 Oscar De La Hoya -- Las Vegas, Sept. 18, 2004

Jose Luis Castillo KO4 Diego Corrales -- Las Vegas, Oct. 8, 2005

Ricardo Mayorga W12 Fernando Vargas -- Los Angeles, Nov. 23, 2007

Roy Jones Jr. W12 Felix Trinidad -- New York City, Jan. 19, 2008

accroding to yor logic

Sugar Ray is a bitch for making donny step down in weight

Oscar is a punk for draining Hopkins

and Roy Jones is an amateur for taking on Trinidad

Pacquio has never foiught at catch weight before and is only doing it cause he cant fight at 147

he weighed 142 for DLH when he should have foiught at 147

Cotto and Mosley are closer to 160 at fight night

instead shouldnt cotto go down to 140 to take Pac's title??????

floyd doesnt sell tickets, which is why the fight with marquez is cancelled

if 90% of ppl want to see pac then why should PBF get 50%

its clear that PBF made other guys like Zab and Baldomir get the lesser purse so this argument is flawed

what are you an idiot?

the guy has 4 titles and fought 4 or 5 first vote hall of famers compared to PBF's 2

the guy fought the best in his division and also won titles before moving up

compare PBF's fight resume to the best and you will find that there are a lot names missing. i wont say it was all of his fault but you cant credit him if he didnt figt the best

i dont een no what this means?????

Pac hsnt said much and has not proclaimed himslef as the best ever

so your criticising him for spending time building schools and medical clinincs instead?

the guy has given away mroe money than most boxers have ever made

the difference is that pac has fought the best and PBF hasnt

the only one degrading Roberto Durans name is you

Dude I dont respond to you cause you seem to be from another planet,lol. Some of the stuff you right is waaaay out there.
King Eugene
QUOTE (traced4040 @ Jun 16 2009, 09:10 PM) *

This is totally offtopic.gif but I'm just curious and I'm not trying to be an asshole either. Why do you double space all of your post? Just a habit or something?
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 16 2009, 08:37 PM) *
Do you think it would have something to do with not many african american's fighting in the 106-130 range? I suppose Holyfield hasn't fought enough mexicans huh?

By the way Sugar, who do you think Roger Mayweather's favourite fighter was? Well someone that constantly fought at catch weights? Because if he liked a fighter that didn't fight at catch weights, that would make him a hypocrite.

Well 135 was the time to change that. Is it a coincidence that Manny bypassed the best fighters at 135 and that they just so happen to be African American? There's a few really good challenges for him at 140 and 147 speaks for itself.
traced4040
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 16 2009, 09:27 PM) *
This is totally offtopic.gif but I'm just curious and I'm not trying to be an asshole either. Why do you double space all of your post? Just a habit or something?

yeah its one of those things i picked up in uni

just trying to make it easier to read

also i got bad eyes when im in front of the comp but i cant be bothered to get glasses
traced4040
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ Jun 16 2009, 09:24 PM) *
Dude I dont respond to you cause you seem to be from another planet,lol. Some of the stuff you right is waaaay out there.

i got ducked again???????
King Eugene
QUOTE (traced4040 @ Jun 16 2009, 09:31 PM) *
yeah its one of those things i picked up in uni

just trying to make it easier to read

also i got bad eyes when im in front of the comp but i cant be bothered to get glasses

No doubt, I wear glasses myself. Hell I only wear them at work to tell you the truth. Just got my eye exam last week and new glasses this week and the woman told me I need to wear them more often so my cataract gets better. LOL Then the eye doctor told me if I ever pull up beside him on the road either put my glasses on or wait til he is two blocks down before I take off. LOL
traced4040
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ Jun 16 2009, 09:30 PM) *
Well 135 was the time to change that. Is it a coincidence that Manny bypassed the best fighters at 135 and that they just so happen to be African American? There's a few really good challenges for him at 140 and 147 speaks for itself.

its not a coincidence

who the hell would pay more to see pac vs campbell than pac vs LDH or Hatton

he is fighting at 140 where the better fighters are

PBF is fighting featherweights
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ Jun 16 2009, 09:24 PM) *

if you think this dude is from another planet because of what he says, then you are obviously from another dimension.
traced4040
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 16 2009, 09:33 PM) *
No doubt, I wear glasses myself. Hell I only wear them at work to tell you the truth. Just got my eye exam last week and new glasses this week and the woman told me I need to wear them more often so my cataract gets better. LOL Then the eye doctor told me if I ever pull up beside him on the road either put my glasses on or wait til he is two blocks down before I take off. LOL

i thought your eyesight gets worse if you rely on glasses

i thought your eyes gets lazy?

i wear glasses for driving (legal reequirement)

but also cause i can see up close better than i can see farther away
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 16 2009, 08:40 PM) *
First of all, I hate talking about the whole race type stuff, but I would like to respond to this.

You are def right about Manny not fighting African American fighters. But Manny fought his first 6 years in the Phillipines, which there probably was not many African Americans there to fight. Then when fighting in the US, he has been at the 122-130lbs. for the majority of the time here, and he has been fighting very stiff tough competition here. It just so happens at these weights there are/were not many top African American fighters, so I do not think it is his fault.

Now Manny is fighting heavier and there are some top African American fighters he could face, but his recent move up in weight is too early for you to speculate there is a reason for him avoiding an African American fighter. Maybe he will fight one soon, you just need to be patient, kind of like you say about Mayweather going after some real welterweights. Personally, I just find it hard to believe he is kept from that kind of fighter. Though it is a nice observation on your part, I just think there are valid reasons behind it.

Also, you mentioned Casamayor, he is Cuban.

I'm cool my dude and very patient I was just making an observation. I know Casamayor is cuban I really wanted to stay away from the race thing but that was the best way to say slick, smart, savvy, naturally gifted, athletically superb fighters.
King Eugene
QUOTE (traced4040 @ Jun 16 2009, 09:37 PM) *
i thought your eyesight gets worse if you rely on glasses

i thought your eyes gets lazy?

i wear glasses for driving (legal reequirement)

but also cause i can see up close better than i can see farther away

Nah from what they told me the medicine in my lens is whats going to help my eyes. Confusing to me as well but hell I'm tired of getting headaches from squinting all of the time. LOL
traced4040
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 16 2009, 08:54 PM) *
Nah from what they told me the medicine in my lens is whats going to help my eyes. Confusing to me as well but hell I'm tired of getting headaches from squinting all of the time. LOL

the tip i was given about headaches was too look away at something far away

preferably something green

not really sure why green, maybe to just focus on something but it works for me
King Eugene
QUOTE (traced4040 @ Jun 16 2009, 10:04 PM) *
the tip i was given about headaches was too look away at something far away

preferably something green

not really sure why green, maybe to just focus on something but it works for me

preciate that dude!
Sugar Q
(Fitz @ Jun 16 2009, 10:18 PM)Hey, who do you think Roger Mayweather's favourite fighter would be? It would have to be a guy that fought at catch weights wouldn't it? Because if it wasn't, he would be a hypocrit, wouldn't he?

I dont get it my dude. Floyd moved up to fight not down which was to his disadvantage. He never tried to handicap a fighter before a fight and you know this so if your referring to Floyd that was a very bad attempt.
JaRaNDa
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ Jun 16 2009, 08:04 PM) *
We love the greats because they stepped up to great challenges without crazy stipulations. How great would it be for Manny to beat a legitimate guy leaving no excuses. It shouldn't matter if he came in at 140-142 the greatness would be legitimately beating bigger guys at their best not all this BS.

Agree!

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 16 2009, 08:21 PM) *
I agree about all these bullshit catchweight fights. I don't care for them at all.

Agree!

QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 16 2009, 09:03 PM) *
I agree. These catchweights are getting pretty lame. Pac and Floyd included.

And Agree!!!

Sugar Q I think your going a bit off topic in some of your arguments (which I can do myself) and some I find a very irelivant to this discussion. Overall I agree with alot of what you say and your bringing up good points and asking some of the very questions I'm asking myself of the sport!

I just think it's sad that divisions, ranking, mandatories, titles are getting thrown out the window so the most money can be made! It's as if everyone all of a sudden wants the quickest shot at fame and money without doing the hard yards or following rules anymore, without stepping into a new weight division and campaigning and proving yourself to then fight for a title and clean out a division!
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 17 2009, 01:20 AM) *
What's difficult to understand?

You said this:

You implied that Roach is a hypocrite for trying to get fights at a catch weight. You have posted this before and was fully aware that Mayweather was trying to get a catch weight with DLH.

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...st&p=438776

I'm asking you if Roger's favourite fighter was a fighter that fought at catch weights, because if it wasn't, he would be a hypocrite, no?
They also tried to get Marquez at a catch weight.

So what part was difficult to understand? Everything seems pretty straight forward to me.

They tried to get Marquez at a catch weight or Marquez tried to get them? Marquez called out Floyd why would Floyd want a catch weight?
Keith
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ Jun 17 2009, 10:54 AM) *
They tried to get Marquez at a catch weight or Marquez tried to get them? Marquez called out Floyd why would Floyd want a catch weight?

i think your missing the real point of the catchweight and the whole marquez fight to begin with. i believe pbfs ultimate goal is to get pac in the ring and make a huge money fight. the marquez fight sets that up perfect. after pbf dismantles marquez the hype can start about pfp status and their 3 common opponents blah blah blah.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (keith @ Jun 17 2009, 11:10 AM) *
i think your missing the real point of the catchweight and the whole marquez fight to begin with. i believe pbfs ultimate goal is to get pac in the ring and make a huge money fight. the marquez fight sets that up perfect. after pbf dismantles marquez the hype can start about pfp status and their 3 common opponents blah blah blah.

Not at all I totally get it. The fight makes perfect sense to me. I'm just saying PBF never called for a catch weight, Marquez did. PBF only went to 150 (154) because Oscar refused to come to 147 although the 5th title was a good look.
Keith
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ Jun 17 2009, 11:28 AM) *
Not at all I totally get it. The fight makes perfect sense to me. I'm just saying PBF never called for a catch weight, Marquez did. PBF only went to 150 (154) because Oscar refused to come to 147 although the 5th title was a good look.

well probably because pbf knows he will have to face pac a catch weight. so why make a big deal about it with marquez? and the catch w actually gives pbf more cred. if he made him fight at 147 it seems like david and goliath (although to boxing fans we already know it is)
jlupi
pac should be like floyd (since 2003) and seek out the hardest fights to seal his legacy laugh.gif
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 17 2009, 06:54 PM) *
Did you conveniently forget how you were talking about how Mayweather tried to get DLH at a catch weight, but DLH didn't want it?

You actually thought they fought at a catch weight until I proved you wrong, though despite you thinking FLOYD fought him at a catch weight. I don't think I ever heard you once complaining about Mayweather. That's why I asked you. Was Roger's favourite fighter a guy that constantly fought at catch weights? because if it wasn't, that would make him a hypocrite. No?

I may have used the wrong wording but I wasn't wrong. Mayweather tried to get the Oscar fight @147 when that failed they fought @154. Mayweather came in @150. That was his catch weight that's what I should have said. I never said Oscar agreed to a catch weight cause I knew he weighed in @154. I was speaking of the weight PBF settled on to come into that fight which is what I'm saying Pacquiao should be doing settling on a weight that's good for him and not worrying about what his opponent weighs.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 17 2009, 10:02 PM) *
Actually you were wrong. You thought they both fought at a catch weight at 150.

Look how it unfolded.

You thought they fought at 150, if you were 'correct', why would you be "manning up to a misstatement"? You only man up when you are wrong, don't you?

I stand by what Im saying and yes like I said I have no problem manning up to a misstatement if I were to make one :-) I never said Oscar fought at a catch weight I was clearly speaking of Floyd.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 17 2009, 11:35 PM) *
As soon as you said "limit'. You implied that Oscar had a fight at 150 and that's what you thought, it's also why you manned up to your error. If you were talking about what Floyd came in at fight night, why would you talk about a weight limit?
You thought Oscar-Floyd was at 150 a catch weight, you apologised for your error when it was pointed out, and you never once criticised Mayweather for fighting catch weights like you did with Pacquiao.
I don't know why you try to deny anything, when everything you have said has been posted.

PBF fought at a catch weight because Oscar wouldn't come down. He didn't go up to 154 and say there's a new sheriff in town like team Pacquiao did. The weight limit is 154 not 150 (if you wanna get technical it's closer to welter than Lt-middle).

How can you compare Mayweather going up to 150 to fight a bigger man to Pacquiao DEMANDING fighters drain themselves by coming down in weight if they wanna fight him? I said limit in reference to 154 not 150,lol. Your funny dude but whatever. We all saw the fight and we all know that Oscar weighed 154 and Floyd 150 but instead of you taking it in that context you wanna debate. Let's get something worth debating about cause this is not. We all have access to all the documentation so why debate about something pointless unless you wanna be perceived as having the last word which in this case wouldn't amount to squat. Great research though my dude. Your research proved that I was referring to Mayweather.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.