Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roy Jones Vs. Lacy then Danny Green
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
King Eugene
Now Damnit I've just about had enough of this. Roy is my boy but he is really starting to piss me off. First he is fighting Lacy which is cool cause at this point both are B Level fighters at best and thats being generous. But damnit it was suppose to be in Tampa and I was going to fly out to see it. Now its in Mississippi...WTF!
http://forums.doghouseboxing.com/index.php?showtopic=143957

And how is this fucker going to already set up a date with Danny Green before the Lacy fight has taken place?
http://www.boxingscene.com/index.php?m=show&id=20468

I think everyone is aware I'm probably one of the biggest Roy fans on here but its disheartening to see my boy stoop this low. Face it...just call the shits quits unless your fighting a meaningful fight and neither one of these are meaningful. He'll I'd rather pay to see him fight Holyfield before I pay for either one of these shits. Damnit somebody just tell me how they play out cause I aint paying for them.

I think I'm more upset cause they moved the fight from Florida...I would have been front row. I aint taking my ass out to Mississippi though.
AussieLad
Aaaah, at first i thought the fight was on, then i thought they werent fighting just promoting the card with greeny on the undercard... now they look like they are signing a fight and fighting on the same card,,, just forget i ever typed this sentence... lol
traced4040
Hey 3kings

what do you think of his decision to go from heavyweight back down to light heavyweight

i lost interest in boxing after tyson so i didnt really see much of his era but it seems that it was a really bad move going up to heavyweight inthe first place

john ruiz isnt an all time great so the reward was low whilst it seems to have started a downward spiral in his career

to be honest i dont really know which is why im asking

also do you think its fair to say that one of the reasons that he doesnt get as much credit as he should is that there wasnt a big time rival for him?

i mean tarver is okay but he's not much of a draw

would it have been better for roy to fight bhop or toney again

i mean tyson was good agasint the guys he was knocking out in 1 round but ppl really either loved him or hated him when he fought holyfield and lewis
King Eugene
QUOTE (traced4040 @ Jun 16 2009, 04:16 AM) *
Hey 3kings

what do you think of his decision to go from heavyweight back down to light heavyweight

i lost interest in boxing after tyson so i didnt really see much of his era but it seems that it was a really bad move going up to heavyweight inthe first place

john ruiz isnt an all time great so the reward was low whilst it seems to have started a downward spiral in his career

to be honest i dont really know which is why im asking

also do you think its fair to say that one of the reasons that he doesnt get as much credit as he should is that there wasnt a big time rival for him?

i mean tarver is okay but he's not much of a draw

would it have been better for roy to fight bhop or toney again

i mean tyson was good agasint the guys he was knocking out in 1 round but ppl really either loved him or hated him when he fought holyfield and lewis

I dont think the move down was a bad decision although I wish he would have stayed at heavyweight. I do think it was a bad decision to come down so fast and immediately take the fight against Tarver. I think that took a lot away from Roy. He showed heart in pulling out the championship rounds in the first fight but since then he has been far from being the same. No excuses for the KO...he just got caught and has been suspect every since.

IMO he looked at Ruiz as a guy with a style he could beat and a credible opponent cause he beat Evander Holyfield. Styles make fights. Had he stayed at Heavyweight and made a fight with Tyson and/or Evander...he could have cashed in on another big payday or two. I think he should have called it quits after that.

I think he gets his fair share of credit. Most dont like him cause of his HBO PPV mandatory title defenses against B Level fighters and his mouth and not cause of his ability in the ring. Much like Floyd. You have a few that will say he wasn't the linear champ cause he didn't fight the Dariusz cat but thats just BS to me. He was like BHop...he cleaned out his division and made good fighters look like pure shit. We all know James Toney is way better than what Roy made him look like. I would have loved to see a Roy vs. Hopkins rematch but I think it would have played out like the first fight in my opinion.
traced4040
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 16 2009, 03:35 AM) *
I dont think the move down was a bad decision although I wish he would have stayed at heavyweight. I do think it was a bad decision to come down so fast and immediately take the fight against Tarver. I think that took a lot away from Roy. He showed heart in pulling out the championship rounds in the first fight but since then he has been far from being the same. No excuses for the KO...he just got caught and has been suspect every since.

IMO he looked at Ruiz as a guy with a style he could beat and a credible opponent cause he beat Evander Holyfield. Styles make fights. Had he stayed at Heavyweight and made a fight with Tyson and/or Evander...he could have cashed in on another big payday or two. I think he should have called it quits after that.

I think he gets his fair share of credit. Most dont like him cause of his HBO PPV mandatory title defenses against B Level fighters and his mouth and not cause of his ability in the ring. Much like Floyd. You have a few that will say he wasn't the linear champ cause he didn't fight the Dariusz cat but thats just BS to me. He was like BHop...he cleaned out his division and made good fighters look like pure shit. We all know James Toney is way better than what Roy made him look like. I would have loved to see a Roy vs. Hopkins rematch but I think it would have played out like the first fight in my opinion.

3kings

thanks for the heads up

i think part of why i never paid interest, is that he made it seem to easy.... if you know what i mean

back when it was happening was around the same time of a weak HW division and it was easy to over look it without the drama of a great rivalry

a hopkins rematch would have been great though

thanks again
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 16 2009, 09:09 AM) *
Can't speak for everyone else but I disagree strongly. Fight somebody meaningful? He has and it's proven he doesn't stand a chance. You want to see him fight Johnson, Dawson, Adamek or someone meaningful? Might be meaningful for you, but not for myself and a lot of fans. I'm content to see Jones fight second tier guys, that way he doesn't hold the rest of the division up.
I don't think he should be fighting 'meaningful' fighters at all.

Agreed. Jones would get beaten by all the top tier guys IMO and for me if such a fight was announced, my first reaction would be "Why?" Therefore I think he's exactly doing what he should be doing should he continue in the sport.
Jack 1000
If only Roy were just a couple divisions smaller. Fraud Gayfeather could than fight him to "Cement his legacy!" LOL!.

Two boxers who throughout their career redefined the concept of, "Most Money, Least Risk." Well, when Roy was in his prime.

But Roy is now so egotistical that he's not gonna know when to stop and get like Holyfield. This is now a serious health concern for Jones. He shouldn't be fighting anymore.

Jack
Spyder
The "most money, least risk" criticism is BS.

Every single one of us would do the same thing. It's not a bad thing...just makes him smart and normal.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 16 2009, 05:09 AM) *
Can't speak for everyone else but I disagree strongly. Fight somebody meaningful? He has and it's proven he doesn't stand a chance. You want to see him fight Johnson, Dawson, Adamek or someone meaningful? Might be meaningful for you, but not for myself and a lot of fans. I'm content to see Jones fight second tier guys, that way he doesn't hold the rest of the division up.

Well then he should retire. I'm not content with seeing him fight second tier guys because to me he's taking away from his legacy and if he manages to get hurt by one of those second tier guys and stopped that will hurt it even more. So thats why I say retire.
Keith
somebody should take roy jones behind the barn and put him out of his misery.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 16 2009, 10:09 AM) *

What are you talking about it is always a meanigful moment when Roy gets stretchered. Kind of like your wedding day of the first time you get laid. That kind of meaningful.
King Eugene
In other words if your not competing to be the best than you should stay out of the ring. Asking your loyal fans pay for BS will turn them against you.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I can see Roy getting another "meaningful" shot. If he beats Lacy and Green, that will put his name out there again, and I think light heavies will want to fight him. He still has that name recognition, and fighters like Glen Johnson call him out. Who's not to say Chad Dawson/Glen Johnson won't give him a shot early next year. That could be his last meaningful fight. I also don't mind seeing him face opponents like Lacy and Green. Jones has lost a lot, and I'd rather see him in competitive fights than watch him get crushed and hurt.
King Eugene
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jun 16 2009, 11:26 PM) *
I can see Roy getting another "meaningful" shot. If he beats Lacy and Green, that will put his name out there again, and I think light heavies will want to fight him. He still has that name recognition, and fighters like Glen Johnson call him out. Who's not to say Chad Dawson/Glen Johnson won't give him a shot early next year. That could be his last meaningful fight. I also don't mind seeing him face opponents like Lacy and Green. Jones has lost a lot, and I'd rather see him in competitive fights than watch him get crushed and hurt.

Yea he could land the fights but everybody but Roy Jones knows he will lose against Chad and Glen. I think fighting guys like Green is a step backwards for Jones and if he has to result to that I'd rather see him retire. I'm sorry but thats just how I feel about it. I dont want to see my favorite fighter risk getting badly hurt again.
King Eugene
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=20479
Aint this some shit. Fitz...Stevenski...are you guys going? laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 17 2009, 05:06 AM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=20479
Aint this some shit. Fitz...Stevenski...are you guys going? laugh.gif

If it is in Melbourne I will. My missus lives down there so I am down there a bit anyway.
STEVENSKI
I should also add that I don't really hate Roy that much & having rewatched some of his early career he was a great fighter. Not IMO one of thee greats but a great fighter.
JaRaNDa
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jun 17 2009, 03:26 AM) *

Agreed!! I think some people are finding it hard to accept that Jones has declined so much he is no longer a top fighter in any division or ranking at the moment! With Jones being 4-4 in his last 8 fights, a fight with lacy is a pretty good fight for him at this point of his career.

Because of his legendary status he may and always be able to eventually get fights with the top dogs but even then he needs to prove his worthy, fighting Lacy-Green who a good fighters is a good way to be active and have solid wins along the way!

If Jones was to land a fight with Dawson now people would ask 'why?' which is fair enough but if Jones follows through he can at least point back at Sheika, Lacy & Green as a reason which would be fair enough in my books! I just don't like the fact that Jones is planning to far ahead which could bite him in the ass, although green is coming off a lay-off I think his an extremely live dog in there against Roy!
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 17 2009, 04:26 AM) *
I should also add that I don't really hate Roy that much & having rewatched some of his early career he was a great fighter. Not IMO one of thee greats but a great fighter.

Respect.
STEVENSKI
I think that Green will probably beat Roy & if he hits him he will hurt him. Green is a serious puncher & Roy could be in a world of hurt considering how much he has declined.
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 17 2009, 08:23 AM) *
I think that Green will probably beat Roy & if he hits him he will hurt him. Green is a serious puncher & Roy could be in a world of hurt considering how much he has declined.

Unfortunately, I agree with this. This could be a rough fight for Roy.
Mean Mister Mustard
The 175 pound division is interesting. The top 5 are Hopkins, Dawson, Johnson, Erdei and Tarver. Of those 5 Jones would have a shot at beating Hopkins, Erdei and Tarver. Remember, I'm saying MIGHT, I'm not actually saying he would beat those guys. Dawson would be too fast and Johnson has his number. Jones is rated 6, beneath him are Woods, Diaconu, Caray and Mack.

Jones could still beat Woods, I doubt he could beat Diaconu (he has good timing and power), never seen Caray fight and finally I think Jones could beat Mack. Not bad against the top of the division.

All Jones needs to do is look dominant against Lacy and Green and he will get another big fight. However, Green is no joke. People like to see his fight against Mundine and say he can easily be outboxed but Mundine had fresher legs. Jones is what, 40 now?

Quick question, wasn't Danny Green retired?
katrinav
maybe he came back biggrin.gif

simulation rachat de credit
Jack 1000
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 17 2009, 07:23 AM) *

I agree,

This is a 50/50 fight so I won't make an official pick till closer to the match. I will take one of the circumstances below:

I think that a lot in this fight will be what happens when Green throws that first hard punch? If Jones takes it, he can probably do enough in the skill department to out-box Green even though his legs are certainly at least five years past their prime. I think Green can be out-boxed pretty easily. If Jones takes that shot I'll would normally pick Jones by UD. Danny also has a tendency to fade late in fights. However, as the fight is in Australia (or so it is planned) I think Jones won't be able to do enough to get a decision "Down Under." Roy would have to almost KO Green, or dominate from pillar to post to get a decision. I think Roy's dominating days are over. Green gets the decision in Australia. Very surprised about Roy coming into another guy's home backyard like this. That's something where a prime Jones always had concerns. So Roy's got balls for doing this. It's his ego that won't tell him to quit though. Green punches harder than Johnson and we saw what Glen did to Roy. There are health concerns for Jones here.

BUT:

If Jones does not respond well to Green's hard shots early, he won't be able to use his skills to get away. Roy always hated big punchers who can hurt him, and if Green hurts Jones bad, Roy won't recover. It will be Glen Johnson all over again. Green will stop him in this case around the 8th round. But stamina won't be the issue, because if Roy does not take those hard shots well, Green will just be beating a punching bag, not finding some stamina reserve and KO "the prime" Roy Jones.

I see either scenario in this fight. This is the main question that makes this fight interesting: What happens when Green hits Roy hard?

Jack
Romulus9
I have another question regarding this fight, and it's a fairly important one.

If Jones hurts Green, can he finish? And, if so, will he?

Roy didn't exactly walk right through Sheika, had Calzaghe down and hurt and didn't finish, had Hanshaw hurt and didn't finish, and did nothing with Prince Badi Ali Baba Livingstone Bramble Ajamu whatever. Let's say he drills Green but Danny gets up and has a minute left in the round... does Jones finish?

That question is huge, because it's a scenario that is very likely in the first 3 or 4 rounds. If it's not a good answer for Jones, that's very important in the last half of the fight.
Lil-lightsout
Damn...Roy got to get by Lacy first. Lacy has severely declined, but the guy can still punch, and with Jones' shakey chin...
Romulus9
L-L, if Jones loses to Lacy, not only should he retire, he should have to give back half of his belts and pay a $4 million fine.
Lil-lightsout
ROM- I really hope Roy beats Lacy. I just remember how awful he looked against Joe, though I did not see him against Sheika after that. Sure Roy can pot shot him and outbox him for awhile, but I just think that eventually Lacy is going to connect and that will be all she wrote. Again, I hope I am wrong.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 17 2009, 01:02 PM) *
I agree,

This is a 50/50 fight so I won't make an official pick till closer to the match. I will take one of the circumstances below:

I think that a lot in this fight will be what happens when Green throws that first hard punch? If Jones takes it, he can probably do enough in the skill department to out-box Green even though his legs are certainly at least five years past their prime. I think Green can be out-boxed pretty easily. If Jones takes that shot I'll would normally pick Jones by UD. Danny also has a tendency to fade late in fights. However, as the fight is in Australia (or so it is planned) I think Jones won't be able to do enough to get a decision "Down Under." Roy would have to almost KO Green, or dominate from pillar to post to get a decision. I think Roy's dominating days are over. Green gets the decision in Australia. Very surprised about Roy coming into another guy's home backyard like this. That's something where a prime Jones always had concerns. So Roy's got balls for doing this. It's his ego that won't tell him to quit though. Green punches harder than Johnson and we saw what Glen did to Roy. There are health concerns for Jones here.

BUT:

If Jones does not respond well to Green's hard shots early, he won't be able to use his skills to get away. Roy always hated big punchers who can hurt him, and if Green hurts Jones bad, Roy won't recover. It will be Glen Johnson all over again. Green will stop him in this case around the 8th round. But stamina won't be the issue, because if Roy does not take those hard shots well, Green will just be beating a punching bag, not finding some stamina reserve and KO "the prime" Roy Jones.

I see either scenario in this fight. This is the main question that makes this fight interesting: What happens when Green hits Roy hard?

Jack

Good point. One of the reasons why we never got to see him fight DM was ebcause of his fear of being robbed over in Germany, which I never understood. Back in those days Jones was supremely fast, he could have beaten damn near everyone and even if he struggles more than expected (Motnell Griffin) his speed was so flashy that people and judges focused more on what he was doing rather than what the other guy did. He claimed to be superman and yet he was afraid to fight in Germany? Was it because he knew it was a dangerous fight?

Now people like to look at how DM's career ended and laugh at the notion that he would pose a threat to a prime Jones but the fact of the matter is he beat most of the same people Jones beat and he had heavy hands. I would much rather have seen that fight than Jones-Telesco, Jones-Fraizer etc.

I think the fact that he has to go to Australia for the fight shows how desperate he is to make money and a mark in boxing to get more paydays.
Spyder
The fear of robbery in Germany was a real one...his "loss" to that Korean dude was about as wide and clear as you can get, yet the judges didn't care about how flashy Roy was.

I think the reason that he's willing to go out of country now has a lot to do with finding the biggest fights out there...but it also has something to do with his recent losses. He didn't have those in 1997...a bad decision then would mean more than now.
King Eugene
DM? The Dariusz dude? The same dude that went tooth and nail in a fight with Richard Hall and Gonzalez?
Lil-lightsout
In the end it is a damn shame they never made the fight when they were in there primes. It sucks neither one was willing to travel. Most people know Roy would have won, BUT just the fact the fight was never made hurts his reputation. Especially at the time. Yeah well.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 17 2009, 05:12 PM) *
DM? The Dariusz dude? The same dude that went tooth and nail in a fight with Richard Hall and Gonzalez?

See this is the exact attitude I was talking about. Sure he went tooth and nail with those guys, later in his career. Fact is DM was a skilled boxer and had heavy hands. At least he went tooth and nail with them and wasn't beat down by them. If he was so bad a fighter why didn't Jones fight him instead of taking on David Telesco and company?

Spyder, I agree that fighting in Europe carries the risk of being robbed. Don't forget though, at that time Jones had the full support of HBO and he could have arranged for neutral judges and whatever else he wanted. Plus it's not like fighters get robbed all the time. Gonzales actually beat DM in a close fight. Cunningham lost in Poland and later won in Germany in a rematch.

Fact is Jones wanted to keep fighting lesser fighters for astronomical sums of money and not challenge himself. Which might also explain why he keeps fighting on, he knows he wasted much of his potential during the 1998-2003 period and now wants to leave on a high note.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 17 2009, 02:49 PM) *
Quick question, wasn't Danny Green retired?

He was but Green makes serious money out here for a fight. He got $5M to fight Mundine not including PPV. They also drew 37,000 to watch them fight & Green sells out arenas fighting Argentinian cab drivers.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 17 2009, 06:02 PM) *
Very surprised about Roy coming into another guy's home backyard like this. That's something where a prime Jones always had concerns. So Roy's got balls for doing this.

Roy vs Green would be a nothing fight in the USA. Out here it would be a extravaganza worth millions to both fighters.

Also just to chime in on this "fear" of Jones getting robbed in Europe. More foreign fighters have been robbed in the good ole USA than anywhere. Some of the decisions have been woeful in Europe no doubt but they are far more plentiful in America.
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 17 2009, 07:29 PM) *
Roy vs Green would be a nothing fight in the USA. Out here it would be a extravaganza worth millions to both fighters.

Also just to chime in on this "fear" of Jones getting robbed in Europe. More foreign fighters have been robbed in the good ole USA than anywhere. Some of the decisions have been woeful in Europe no doubt but they are far more plentiful in America.

I agree with this whole post. USA are far worst when it comes to robberies.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 17 2009, 05:46 PM) *
See this is the exact attitude I was talking about. Sure he went tooth and nail with those guys, later in his career. Fact is DM was a skilled boxer and had heavy hands. At least he went tooth and nail with them and wasn't beat down by them. If he was so bad a fighter why didn't Jones fight him instead of taking on David Telesco and company?

Spyder, I agree that fighting in Europe carries the risk of being robbed. Don't forget though, at that time Jones had the full support of HBO and he could have arranged for neutral judges and whatever else he wanted. Plus it's not like fighters get robbed all the time. Gonzales actually beat DM in a close fight. Cunningham lost in Poland and later won in Germany in a rematch.

Fact is Jones wanted to keep fighting lesser fighters for astronomical sums of money and not challenge himself. Which might also explain why he keeps fighting on, he knows he wasted much of his potential during the 1998-2003 period and now wants to leave on a high note.

OK Cool

My thing is everyone is tearing a new one in Roy for not going over to fight him. Dariusz wasn't pressing too hard to make a fight with Roy either. Why didn't he call him out and say I'd come over there to fight you? Hell as much of an ass Calzaghe is, he eventually came to the states to fight. Everybody knows this is where the money at. You can make the claim that DM was the lineal champ but Roy was the more recognized champ. You said earlier that DM beat most of the guys Roy beat.

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 17 2009, 04:50 PM) *
Now people like to look at how DM's career ended and laugh at the notion that he would pose a threat to a prime Jones but the fact of the matter is he beat most of the same people Jones beat and he had heavy hands.

Well in that case DM fought lesser fighters as well right?

Come on dude. All I'm saying is every one is busting Jones balls about not going over to Germany to fight but no one is making a big deal about DM not coming to America to make the fight.
D-MARV
3King3, There's no point in debating.

I just laugh at the whole situation. Every great fighter from the West has come across the pond. Take Calzaghe for example. He made the crossover when he fought Hopkins. Hatton came over to fight Mayweather. The Klit brothers have come across the pond to fight. The list just goes on and on.

I actually think Dariusz is from Poland. Right?

Look at Adamek. He came over and has turned himself into one fine ASS KICKER. Golota came over and made America his place of residence. If dariusz really wanted the fight he would have brought his ass over here. Roy was the best fighter on the planet at that time. He had no reason to go over there.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 18 2009, 02:07 AM) *
3King3, There's no point in debating.

I just laugh at the whole situation. Every great fighter from the West has come across the pond. Take Calzaghe for example. He made the crossover when he fought Hopkins. Hatton came over to fight Mayweather. The Klit brothers have come across the pond to fight. The list just goes on and on.

I actually think Dariusz is from Poland. Right?

Look at Adamek. He came over and has turned himself into one fine ASS KICKER. Golota came over and made America his place of residence. If dariusz really wanted the fight he would have brought his ass over here. Roy was the best fighter on the planet at that time. He had no reason to go over there.

Why he was making plenty of money in Germany. That is one thing that people seem to not grasp that a good dominant European gets TV contracts in Europe as well just like HBO gives contracts to Amerikkklan fighters.

When you are selling out stadiums consistantly why would you leave? These are not the small venues like the Staples centre & MGM Grand but goddam football stadiums.

When was the last Amerikklan fighter to to sell 60,000 tickets to a average fight?
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 17 2009, 09:47 PM) *
Why he was making plenty of money in Germany. That is one thing that people seem to not grasp that a good dominant European gets TV contracts in Europe as well just like HBO gives contracts to Amerikkklan fighters.

When you are selling out stadiums consistantly why would you leave? These are not the small venues like the Staples centre & MGM Grand but goddam football stadiums.

When was the last Amerikklan fighter to to sell 60,000 tickets to a average fight?

Understandable but my point is people cant just say that Roy was not willing to go over there. Fact of the matter is, Dariusz wasn't willing to leave and come to America either.

I'd rather not say they ducked each other, from a financial stand point it was in both fighters best interest to stay in their relative countries and fight what some may consider lesser competition for big pay days.
Romulus9
I'd like to see a Toney-Jones rematch at heavyweight, sponsored by... you guessed it...

BURGER KING! YEAH BABY! BURGER KING! BURGER KING! DON KING, KISS MY ASS!
King Eugene
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jun 17 2009, 10:37 PM) *
I'd like to see a Toney-Jones rematch at heavyweight, sponsored by... you guessed it...

BURGER KING! YEAH BABY! BURGER KING! BURGER KING! DON KING, KISS MY ASS!

ROFL...lol Roy decisions Toney!
Mean Mister Mustard
Man I wanted to continue the whole "Jones ducked DM" subject but I can't believe Stevenski gave RJ his props. It's like hearing that Santa Claus isn't real.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 17 2009, 09:42 PM) *
ROFL...lol Roy decisions Toney!

That's a fight I wanted to see back in 03 but it never happened.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 17 2009, 10:49 PM) *
Man I wanted to continue the whole "Jones ducked DM" subject but I can't believe Stevenski gave RJ his props. It's like hearing that Santa Claus isn't real.

I saw that. You know MMM, I just don't know who Stevenski is anymore.
King Eugene
Stevenski gave his life to christ and had holy water poured on his forehead. He's a brand new man!

I can see it now...Stevenski once again puts money down on Roy to beat Green in Australia. Comes up with the best logic as to why he knows Jones will win and BAM...Jones gets KO'd........AGAIN and Stevenski loses money..........AGAIN and he'll be back on the forum boards bashing Roy..........AGAIN! lol

Hopefully Jones will win this time though.
STEVENSKI
Imagine the James Toney memorial burger

4 1/2 lb patties (one turkey, one chicken, one beef, one lamb)
12 rashers of bacon (one for each of the 12 rounds your bowels will feel like they have gone after consuming this beast)
4 eggs (Protien makes James strong)
6 slices of cheese (The James Toney six pack)
3 layers of onion rings (gives you a excuse for tears when you see the size of the burger)
Slathered in a cup of BBQ sauce

NO "optional" SALAD is available as it is empty calories.

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 17 2009, 10:03 PM) *
Imagine the James Toney memorial burger

4 1/2 lb patties (one turkey, one chicken, one beef, one lamb)
12 rashers of bacon (one for each of the 12 rounds your bowels will feel like they have gone after consuming this beast)
4 eggs (Protien makes James strong)
6 slices of cheese (The James Toney six pack)
3 layers of onion rings (gives you a excuse for tears when you see the size of the burger)
Slathered in a cup of BBQ sauce

NO "optional" SALAD is available as it is empty calories.

LOL. I'm actually trying to think about the top 3 fighters you hate. There's Jones and PBF so is the 3rd one Toney?
King Eugene
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 17 2009, 11:17 PM) *
LOL. I'm actually trying to think about the top 3 fighters you hate. There's Jones and PBF so is the 3rd one Toney?

I'm guessing Calzaghe
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 17 2009, 11:24 PM) *
You guys are so wrong. It would be Mundine, and I suspect he hates him more than Mayweather, haha.

I forgot all about Mundine. I thought they where best friends at one point though. LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.