Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is PAC ducking Shane?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
PUERTOROCKS
I think Shane has earned a mega fight with Pac. Why is PAC waiting for Cotto? Is it because of Arum?
torvix2000
I believe so. Pacquiao is ducking Shane.

I think this thread should be closed because everybody knows the answer. PACQUIAO IS DUCKING SHANE! Period.
torvix2000
Instead of trying to argue otherwise (that Pac isn't ducking SHANE), why not watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87L9GvbCkPY
GlocBoxing
This is all the plannin of Bob Arum! It seems to me Arum wants more $ in his pocket by gettin his two fighters(Cotto adn Pacquiao) to fight eachother instead of makin the better fight with Mosley v Pacman! After Mosley said he'll take the shorter end of the purse and come down in weight! Top Rank...No...Arum continues to put boxing down and make bad decsions and put fights that dont make since! Cotto is or was a good fighter but showing from his performance against Clottey he cant hold it down against PAcman! Its jus gonna be another drained DeLaHoya v Pacman fight cause isnt that da reason why cotto went UP in weight so he wasnt Killing himself to make 140?!
D-MARV
How is Pac ducking Shane?

Has Manny ever claimed to be the best welterweight in the world?
Box in Hand
Pac isn't ducking. He just wants Shane to have a handicap first and then he'll fight him. Shane is too big, too fast, and has too many tools for Pac to fight on even grounds.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jun 17 2009, 02:23 PM) *
Pac isn't ducking. He just wants Shane to have a handicap first and then he'll fight him. Shane is too big, too fast, and has too many tools for Pac to fight on even grounds.

As I've said. The thread needs to be closed because it is clear Pac is ducking Shane because he's too big, too fast, and has too many tools for Pac to fight on even grounds.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 17 2009, 09:12 AM) *
How is Pac ducking Shane?

Has Manny ever claimed to be the best welterweight in the world?

Exactly. Pacquiao is not fighting as a welterweight so he's not really ducking anyone. If Anything, Cotto earned a right to fight the #1 welter in Mosley, this past saturday.
torvix2000
LOL!

People are still defending Pac? He's ducking Shane for God's sake. What's wrong with ducking someone?

Pac is ducking Shane but there's nothing wrong with that.

Mayweather is ducking Cotto, Mosley, PW for good reasons.

The difference between Pac and Mayweather - READ MY SIG.
Sugar Q
Why wouldn't Pacquiao duck a bigger, stronger, quicker, harder punching, iron chin Marquez?
Spyder
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jun 17 2009, 09:58 AM) *
Instead of trying to argue otherwise (that Pac isn't ducking SHANE), why not watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87L9GvbCkPY

That guy is great.

laugh.gif

Here's his response to Klitchko-Haye being called off...

Keith
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 17 2009, 10:27 AM) *
Exactly. Pacquiao is not fighting as a welterweight so he's not really ducking anyone. If Anything, Cotto earned a right to fight the #1 welter in Mosley, this past saturday.

yes, great point. cotto is the fighter ducking shane. pac isnt ducking shane, he is avoiding getting his faced caved in by the biggest punching welter.
thehype
Is Shane ducking PWill?

laugh.gif
Romulus9
I think Calderon is ducking Hopkins. MAN UP, IVAN!
D-MARV
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 17 2009, 01:48 PM) *
Is Shane ducking PWill?

laugh.gif

Yep. Absolutely!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 17 2009, 01:48 PM) *
Is Shane ducking PWill?

laugh.gif

I have no problem with Pac not moving up to fight Mosley, I do not blame him. If he does , then great, but if not no big deal. Pac is not a natural welterweight. I mean if he wants to dare to be great and take on the best welterweight in Mosley, then that speaks volumes in his desire to be great. I am sure though him and his team are trying to be smart in there decision.

What weight did PW fight at last? When is this dude going to campaign at welterweight again? Let us name all the fighters that duck PW then, not just Shane. It is real simple, PW needs to make 147 again and fight there and THEN he can start calling out welterweights. The dude should have simply stayed at 147 and kept his belt and continued to fight there. NO one put a gun to his head and made him go up in weight. I mean look how long former great fighters stayed in there divisions and cleaned it out. PW was barely around long and claims no one will fight him. Just keep your belt and keep busy and HBO will eventually make the best fights for you in that division.
Keith
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 17 2009, 02:01 PM) *
Yep. Absolutely!

ya, i agree. at this point he needs to fight pwill. if he doesnt and goes the rest of the year without fighting i think you could definately call it a duck. or if he chooses berto over pwill.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (keith @ Jun 17 2009, 03:39 PM) *
ya, i agree. at this point he needs to fight pwill. if he doesnt and goes the rest of the year without fighting i think you could definately call it a duck. or if he chooses berto over pwill.

Dude... does PW fight at welterweight? When is PW coming back down to welterweight? Could you tell me how it is a duck if they are TWO divisions apart? Unbelieveable.

Box in Hand
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 17 2009, 02:49 PM) *
Dude... does PW fight at welterweight? When is PW coming back down to welterweight? Could you tell me how it is a duck if they are TWO divisions apart? Unbelieveable.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
If I was Pac who only recently was in a life and death encounter at 130, I would also duck a guy who is a TRUE welter and has fought at competitively at 154. I suggest Pac is also probably ducking B-Hop as well.

It would make me laugh though if he were to take on Shane at say a catchweight of 144 and best him. It sure does amuse me watching all those Golden Boy guys standing around in the ring before the fight whispering encouragement into their fighter's ear, with Hops doing his silly X sign, all SURE that this is gonna be the night when one of their guys topples Pac.........only to get smoked! Oh man I never tire of watching that. LOL
Box in Hand
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jun 17 2009, 03:09 PM) *
If I was Pac who only recently was in a life and death encounter at 130, I would also duck a guy who is a TRUE welter and has fought at competitively at 154. I suggest Pac is also probably ducking B-Hop as well.

It would make me laugh though if he were to take on Shane at say a catchweight of 144 and best him. It sure does amuse me watching all those Golden Boy guys standing around in the ring before the fight whispering encouragement into their fighter's ear, with Hops doing his silly X sign, all SURE that this is gonna be the night when one of their guys topples Pac.........only to get smoked! Oh man I never tire of watching that. LOL

Huh???????????
Keith
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 17 2009, 03:49 PM) *

no i guess using your logic he doesnt fight at welter. he only left the division a short time ago with a belt. shane doesnt seem to have any options right now. pac will fight cotto. he cant wait for pbf and marquez to get it on. so that leaves berto and pwill. pwill said he wanted to fight shane at 47. goosen promised shane his biggest payday in the last 3 yrs. so if its the biggest money fight available and pwill called him out, what reason is there for shane not to fight him? duck. shane is my favorite fighter but i call it like i see it.

shane also said he wants to be the #1pfp fighter again. he would be the first fighter to regain it i hear. if he beat pwill i think there would be a solid argument that he was #1pfp.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jun 17 2009, 04:12 PM) *
Huh???????????

Ok so I'obvioulsy gonna have to break this down for you cause you're a little bit slow.

Apart from going up to 147 for a specific money/career exposure fight against the Golden Goose of boxing Pac is no-one's idea of a WW. 147 clearly is not his optimum weight, same as I'm pretty sure nobody looked at Roid Jones as a legitmate HW.

So why would Pac take a fight against a guy who is a true monster at 147? That be suicide.

Manny took on JMM twice when nobody else would go near him and JMM had been reduced to travelling to Indonesia to reduce dodgy decisions against Chris John. I doubt he is scared of anybody.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jun 17 2009, 03:43 PM) *
Ok so I'obvioulsy gonna have to break this down for you cause you're a little bit slow.

Apart from going up to 147 for a specific money/career exposure fight against the Golden Goose of boxing Pac is no-one's idea of a WW. 147 clearly is not his optimum weight, same as I'm pretty sure nobody looked at Roid Jones as a legitmate HW.

So why would Pac take a fight against a guy who is a true monster at 147? That be suicide.

Manny took on JMM twice when nobody else would go near him and JMM had been reduced to travelling to Indonesia to reduce dodgy decisions against Chris John. I doubt he is scared of anybody.

I'm not slow you just aren't clear in your logic. Shane ain't no fucking monster. He beat a slow Margarito who didn't have his hands laced. Before that he barely beat Mayorga. Shane needs to fight Pwill and stop trying to chase little Manny but of course he won't do that cause he's scared.
Keith
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jun 17 2009, 04:59 PM) *
I'm not slow you just aren't clear in your logic. Shane ain't no fucking monster. He beat a slow Margarito who didn't have his hands laced. Before that he barely beat Mayorga. Shane needs to fight Pwill and stop trying to chase little Manny but of course he won't do that cause he's scared.

do you ever give credit to any fighter who wins decisively. i am sure in your view, being a part time boxer, with only 6 weeks of training you could of beat margs too. your a hater of the highest order.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (keith @ Jun 17 2009, 04:05 PM) *
do you ever give credit to any fighter who wins decisively. i am sure in your view, being a part time boxer, with only 6 weeks of training you could of beat margs too.

Hi Mrs. Pacquiao. I was wondering when you were gonna open your cake hole.
Keith
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jun 17 2009, 05:10 PM) *
Hi Mrs. Pacquiao. I was wondering when you were gonna open your cake hole.

its great how you lack the courage to actually ever answer my questions. instead its just lame insults.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (keith @ Jun 17 2009, 04:12 PM) *
its great how you lack the courage to actually ever answer my questions. instead its just lame insults.

LMFAO.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (keith @ Jun 17 2009, 04:31 PM) *
no i guess using your logic he doesnt fight at welter. he only left the division a short time ago with a belt. shane doesnt seem to have any options right now. pac will fight cotto. he cant wait for pbf and marquez to get it on. so that leaves berto and pwill. pwill said he wanted to fight shane at 47. goosen promised shane his biggest payday in the last 3 yrs. so if its the biggest money fight available and pwill called him out, what reason is there for shane not to fight him? duck. shane is my favorite fighter but i call it like i see it.

shane also said he wants to be the #1pfp fighter again. he would be the first fighter to regain it i hear. if he beat pwill i think there would be a solid argument that he was #1pfp.

PW left the welterweight division over a year ago. It is all talk to me until he actually signs to fight a welterweight at 147, there are many other ww's to fight too. Honestly, I wish Mosley would fight PW at 147, cause I know he would beat him. PW is a great fighter, but he is not unbeatable. But seriously, who the fuck knows who PW is? And at Mosley's age and stage of his career, he is looking for a bigger payday. Not saying I agree with him, because I think he should stay more active and should have capitalized on his Margarito win by now. But it is his decision in the end and I refuse to call it a duck considering who he is fought his whole career. Having fought Margs,Mayorga,Cotto,and Collazo in his last 4 fights does not sound like someone who ducks fighters.
Lil-lightsout

No, you are definately slow.

So it is okay for Mosley to fight the BIGGER PW who has been at middleweight, but then in the same fucking sentence you ridicule him for chasing Pac who is 1 weight class below him? So wouldn't that make PW chasing a smaller guy too? Make up your damn mind!

Your posts are a joke, especially with your little immature insults. Grow up.
Big Slim Sweet
Berto has a belt at 147, Williams doesn't. Fighting Berto would seem to make more sense for Shane if his ultimate goal is to persuade PBF or Cotto (or Pac or JMM) into a megabout at welterweight.

If Mosley fights Williams at 147, he either A-loses, or B-wins and scares the shit out of everone. Seems like a lose-lose unless he wants to follow that fight with a permanent move back up to 154.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 17 2009, 04:30 PM) *

So it is okay for Mosley to fight the BIGGER PW who has been at middleweight, but then in the same fucking sentence you ridicule him for chasing Pac who is 1 weight class below him? So wouldn't that make PW chasing a smaller guy too? Make up your damn mind!

LOL.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 17 2009, 04:30 PM) *

He's a Mayweather fan. His goal is to make Mosley look bad, however.
Keith
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Jun 17 2009, 05:35 PM) *

ya, box in hand has some probs. he like to insult people when they dont agree with him.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Jun 17 2009, 05:35 PM) *

I know, and it is absolutely fine to be a Mayweather fan. To each is own. It is just the fans/posters of certain fighters just seem to post nonsense sometimes instead of offering real insight. I am a huge Toney and Mosley fan, but I TRY to be objective and post stuff of relevance. I try not to be extremely biased where I am just posting garbage.
Mean Mister Mustard

Margarito not having his hands covered in plaster didn't have anything to do with him losing to Mosley. A slow Margarito was able to beat a hell of a lot of good fighters. You want slow? Watch Castillo against Lujan (the guy who had his ear ripped apart by Margarito). Now that was slow.

And what do you mean barely beat Mayorga? He knocked him out.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 17 2009, 05:42 PM) *
I know, and it is absolutely fine to be a Mayweather fan. To each is own. It is just the fans/posters of certain fighters just seem to post nonsense sometimes instead of offering real insight. I am a huge Toney and Mosley fan, but I TRY to be objective and post stuff of relevance. I try not to be extremely biased where I am just posting garbage.

NO. Just shut up!

Mosley is ducking Williams. Just like Pacquiao is ducking Mosley and just like Mayeather is now ducking Juan Manuel Marquez and like how Haye is ducking Wlad and how Roy ducked Daruisz for years... and how Calzaghe ducked all the " legit" 168lbers. If you don't fight a certain fighter, no matter the circumstances, you are just flat at ducking them.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 17 2009, 04:56 PM) *
NO. Just shut up!

Mosley is ducking Williams. Just like Pacquiao is ducking Mosley and just like Mayeather is now ducking Juan Manuel Marquez and like how Haye is ducking Wlad and how Roy ducked Daruisz for years... and how Calzaghe ducked all the " legit" 168lbers. If you don't fight a certain fighter, no matter the circumstances, you are just flat at ducking them.

Yeah, why fight Michawelski when you have the dangerous David Telesco at home?
D-MARV
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 17 2009, 06:00 PM) *

Seriously, Who did Roy "duck" throughout his career?

Roy has said numerous times that he would have fought Dariusz in the states. I guess Dariusz ducked Roy as well.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 17 2009, 05:56 PM) *
NO. Just shut up!

No...Fuck you!

Mosley is not ducking someone who LEFT the welterweight division over a year ago. Is that that hard to grab the concept he left the ww division and fights at middleweight? When he comes back down to 147, then you can talk all you want about your boy.

Pac is NOT ducking Mosley, Mosley is a natural welterweight and Pac is not. Pac DOES NOT have to move up to fight him if he does not want to. Why the fuck does he have to go up and fight him??? He can stay at 140 or fight another top welterweight if he chooses. Who are you or anyone for that matter to pick who he fights. So what if he fights Cotto next, Cotto is the 2nd best ww right now.

Now Haye is ducking Wlad because he got injured??? So you are saying Haye's injury is not legit? You really know? So Haye should have fought him injured?

Roy ducked Dariuis? Maybe Dariuis is the one who ducked Roy?

Mayweather ducking Marquez? WTF? When I think of ducking, I think of being scared. I do not know the real reason for the postponement, but I am sure PBF is not scared of JMM. Maybe PBF is injured?Or maybe it is all a business move? I do not know? But I do not consider it ducking.

Calzaghe did his share of ducking, but he did not duck "all" the legit 168 pounders.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 17 2009, 05:09 PM) *
Seriously, Who did Roy "duck" throughout his career?

Roy has said numerous times that he would have fought Dariusz in the states. I guess Dariusz ducked Roy as well.

They were both ducking each other. So yeah Jones ducked someone.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 17 2009, 06:40 PM) *

LOL. Congrats
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 17 2009, 06:40 PM) *

Come on guys, you dont fight Bernard, Toney, Tarver and Ruiz then duck Dariuz! Roy didn't wanna fight over there.
Keith
lil light, chill man. your starting to hug shanes nuts.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ Jun 17 2009, 06:03 PM) *
Come on guys, you dont fight Bernard, Toney, Tarver and Ruiz then duck Dariuz! Roy didn't wanna fight over there.

Public Service Announcement: Sugar finally speaks some sense~!!!!

LOL. For once we agree.
traced4040
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 17 2009, 05:30 PM) *

its funny cause its true

hahaha
Sugar Q
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jun 17 2009, 07:13 PM) *
Public Service Announcement: Sugar finally speaks some sense~!!!!

LOL. For once we agree.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!
Method
He has constantly fought guys nobody wanted (Forrest, Wright, Margarito and Collazo). He is one fighter who should be left alone for a change. If there is anything with Mosley you shouldn't doubt, it's his balls

Yup. I mean, he fought the guys who beat him RIGHT AWAY. HE didn't puss out and look for tune-ups, the likes of guys like Tito, Cotto, etc have done when they got their asses kicked. Shane turned right back around and challenged. Unbelievable that he's being called out on this.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 17 2009, 10:00 PM) *

(Barry white voice) OOOOOOOOOH YEEEEAAAH

To weigh in on this Pac has earnt the right to face whoever he wants for his next fight.

Mosley lost to Cotto. Cotto is a Arum fighter. Cotto will draw a larger gate & PPV revenue. It makes sense to make that fight more than a Mosley fight currently & look to have the winner face Mosley.

That way it can be promoted better because wither

Pac wins & he fights Shane having beaten the guy who beat him

or

Cotto wins & reestablished himself as a major force & Mosley gets a shot at redemption.

Either way it makes money.
Keith
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 17 2009, 07:17 PM) *
Mosley may have ducked Williams, but who cares, he needs to look after himself for a change. He has constantly fought guys nobody wanted (Forrest, Wright, Margarito and Collazo). He is one fighter who should be left alone for a change. If there is anything with Mosley you shouldn't doubt, it's his balls. He has done it enough, he is old now. It's time to look after himself.

ya thats fair. i dont really care if he ducks pwill, but who is he going to fight then?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.