Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pac should fight PBF @ WW but not Mosley or Cotto
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
traced4040

firstly some facts

Pac last weighed 148 in the Hatton fight and 147 in the DLH fight

he looked more comfortable with Hatton butthats because he has had time to adjust to the weight

that being said he is 5 foot nothing and his frame wont allow him to put on more weight without side effects

Mosley, Cotto, Margarito and CLottey on the other hand would probably weigh close to 160 on the fight night

thats around about 10pounds weight advantage

i like Pac but no way would i pick him at 147 agaisnt such a significant weight disadvantage. not sayin he cant win but highly unlikely

on the other hand PBF is a smaller natural WW that would only go up to around 152 also he's not as big as the other guys and has a style that is actually better for smaller opponents

the reason i say fight PBF and not the others at 147 is that size is a big factor

if the WW, wasnt the best division then i would question why middleweights (mosley and cotto, who i respect) are picking on the little guys

PBF and Pac would be a fair fight @ 147, it could be argued that PBF could actually go to 140 and try to take pac's titles but he wont

also PBF isnt the type to use power and strength so it becomes an issue of skill and tactics, instead of weight

i think pac fightin at 147 against mosley and co @147 would not be a fair fight

they say cotto and mosley are good for pac because they come forward but if they start to lose then the smart thing to do is clinch and hold

by clinching and holding, you can overpower the smaller guy and tire him out quickly

then it becmes a holding match with a tired fighter getting caught out at the end

not much of a spectacle and just might dissilussion a lot of fans

after all we want to see fights not wrestling matches

the whole catchweight thing is plausible but only if it happens once

more than once and it becomes about draining an opponent

i dont mind one catch weight cause i would rather see pac vs mosley than pac vs urango, kotelnik or bradley

but more would only give PBF fans something to talk about

note how PBF huggers dont really talk about PBF

they only criticise pac or mosley

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 18 2009, 01:54 AM) *
Make some more threads on similar topics. We don't have enough.

LOL
Keith

i cant even read what you right. no offense dude, but the double space and constant enter button after every thought. i just cant do it. and add just a bit of punctuation. please. thanks.
torvix2000
Why can't Traced and Keith capitalize the first letter of every sentence for better READABILITY?
Keith
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jun 18 2009, 06:26 AM) *
Why can't Traced and Keith capitalize the first letter of every sentence for better READABILITY?

lol. fair enough. i am not perfect.
torvix2000
QUOTE (keith @ Jun 18 2009, 11:07 AM) *
lol. fair enough. i am not perfect.

You should do that. Perhaps it can knock more sense into SugarQ's brain.
Keith
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jun 18 2009, 07:27 AM) *
You should do that. Perhaps it can knock more sense into SugarQ's brain.

What do you mean?
JLUVBABY
to answer the topic why would pac fight pbf at 147 but not the other guys?... to be fair if he's gonna fight at 147 he should be fighting all comers... why shrink a fighter down to try and gain that type of advantage?... if he is that good beat the welters at their weight... same thing thing goes for lil floyd..
torvix2000
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 18 2009, 10:39 PM) *
As opposed to writing with correct grammar and spelling and still being left scratching your head wink.gif

LOL!
torvix2000
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 18 2009, 10:42 PM) *
to answer the topic why would pac fight pbf at 147 but not the other guys?... to be fair if he's gonna fight at 147 he should be fighting all comers... why shrink a fighter down to try and gain that type of advantage?... if he is that good beat the welters at their weight... same thing thing goes for lil floyd..

So that a mythical matchup will not remain a myth.
thisneverworks
QUOTE (traced4040 @ Jun 17 2009, 09:36 PM) *
if the WW, wasnt the best division then i would question why middleweights (mosley and cotto, who i respect) are picking on the little guys

huh
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.