Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hopkins fighting in January?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
King Eugene
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=20501

I think Hopkins decision both of them. Adamek isn't what he is all cracked up to be but still a solid fighter and Froch is no where near the level of Hopkins.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Wow, Hopkins is really getting up there... I mean he's almost 45 years old I think. It's incredible how he keeps himself in such shape, and can keep fighting these young champs. He nearly beat Calzaghe, and completely dominated Kelly Pavlik. I'd like to say that Hopkins can't keep up with fighters like Adamek and Froch anymore, but he keeps proving everybody wrong. I think Adamek gives Hopkins a much tougher time than Froch. I would pick Hopkins over Froch by convincing decision. He'd outbox Froch in the early rounds, and keep the hard charging Froch off of him in the late rounds. Froch won't deal with those nice counter shots. Adamek actually has a nice long jab, and some good power. He's a hell of a fighter, who's really seemed to come into his own after losing to Chad Dawson. I could see that being a close match, with either guy taking the decision.
Box in Hand
Hopkins is my favorite active fighter hands down. I think he shows how to pro-long yourself in a sport where most are old at 35. He doesn't drink, smoke, or really put anything bad into his body. He's a gym rat and an extremely intelligent fighter. He doesn't have anything else to prove but if he chooses to fight on I'll be rooting for him.
Romulus9
Adamek is far more of a threat.

Hopkins would absolutely own Froch on intelligence and experience alone. It's really a pleasure to see Hopkins in the ring, especially on such a high level, at such an advanced age for the sport.

I'm a little surprised that he's not REALLY pushing for a Roy Jones fight. Very surprised. If Roy beats Lacy and Green, I wouldn't be shocked to see it immediately after, and with both guys getting a big payday for it.

Couldn't tell you why but I think it could happen...
JLUVBABY
hopkins needs to stay away from adamek.. that is a very dangerous fight for him...
D-MARV
WHATEVER,
I believe this shit when a fight is signed.
salvador
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 18 2009, 06:04 PM) *
WHATEVER,
I believe this shit when a fight is signed.

I'm with you. Unless it's a megapayday with Jones or Calzaghe or maybe a revenge fight with JT, it's hard for me to imagine Hopkins would want to get back in the ring for a smallish payday. Maybe if Froch proved himself as a British PPV star (I don't know how that would happen unless he beat Calzaghe), I could see it. Otherwise Hopkins wants one more last big event.

D-MARV
QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 18 2009, 07:16 PM) *
I'm with you. Unless it's a megapayday with Jones or Calzaghe or maybe a revenge fight with JT, it's hard for me to imagine Hopkins would want to get back in the ring for a smallish payday. Maybe if Froch proved himself as a British PPV star (I don't know how that would happen unless he beat Calzaghe), I could see it. Otherwise Hopkins wants one more last big event.

Exactly. I don't think either fighter brings enough to the table. Hopkins will try to rob them blind.
STEVENSKI
I think Adamek sends him off into the sunset with a savage beating & Hopkins obliterates Froch.
King Eugene
I know I'm in the Minority but I still would love to see Jones vs. Hopkins II. Of course I'd favor Hopkins but I'd be rooting for Jones. Its a long shot though!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.