Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adrian Diaconu vs. Jean Pascal: Preview/Discussion
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Hey,

Don't forget about the big fight in Montreal this Friday night!

Adrian Diaconu vs. Jean Pascal.

Remember Pascal's war with Froch? How do you see this one?

Jack
salvador
Thanks for the heads up Jack.

I think that the smw division is extremely solid and doesn't get nearly enough air time: the kind of division where there are a bunch of really solid fights out there waiting to be made and Pascal fits into that picture nicely. Pascal vs. Andrade, Bute, Dirrell, Green, or even JT or Ward.

I don't have any opinion on this fight because I've never seen Diaconu. He's undefeated so maybe this will be a good one.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 18 2009, 06:10 PM) *
Thanks for the heads up Jack.

I think that the smw division is extremely solid and doesn't get nearly enough air time: the kind of division where there are a bunch of really solid fights out there waiting to be made and Pascal fits into that picture nicely. Pascal vs. Andrade, Bute, Dirrell, Green, or even JT or Ward.

I don't have any opinion on this fight because I've never seen Diaconu. He's undefeated so maybe this will be a good one.

We got Marlon Wright as ref. (according to Box Rec.) However, as all combatents are Canadian, homecourt bias should not be a problem.

Jack
salvador
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 18 2009, 06:14 PM) *
We got Marlon Wright as ref. (according to Box Rec.) However, as all combatents are Canadian, homecourt bias should not be a problem.

Jack

Unbelievable.

There was a recent thread about best/worst refs. Wright is very close to the top of one of those lists.

I suppose it would be unfair to ask if Bute and Pascal have the same promoter.
D-MARV
Should be an exciting fight. I like Pascal in this one.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 18 2009, 07:20 PM) *
Unbelievable.

There was a recent thread about best/worst refs. Wright is very close to the top of one of those lists.

I suppose it would be unfair to ask if Bute and Pascal have the same promoter.
]

Bute and Diaconu both have the same promoter.

This should be a good fight but I think eventually Pascal succumbs to Diaconu's power. Carl Froch is a good puncher so I was surprised when he couldn't stop Pascal but Diaconu has another type of power. Or maybe Pascal is tougher than I think and makes it to 12 rounds. I'm going with Diaconu by decision though.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 18 2009, 06:29 PM) *
]

Bute and Diaconu both have the same promoter.

This should be a good fight but I think eventually Pascal succumbs to Diaconu's power. Carl Froch is a good puncher so I was surprised when he couldn't stop Pascal but Diaconu has another type of power. Or maybe Pascal is tougher than I think and makes it to 12 rounds. I'm going with Diaconu by decision though.

I hope ref. Marlon Wright doesn't become Marlon "Wrong" again. I find it amazing that this is the best ref in Canada. Actually, there is a Quebec Boxing Law that says out of the 4 officials for the fight (3 judges, 1 ref.) Half of the participants must be from the home country. judges are:

John Keene (UK)

Jack Woodburn (Canada)

Max Deluca (USA-California)

I'm happy with that. And Woodburn does not really show a history of bias, in fact from what I have seen, he is quite good. However, I don't think "Wright" is right to be in there.

Jack
D-MARV
Stream?
TMONEYTX
damn good fight
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.