Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Klitschko vs. Chaegnev: Saturday@4PM CST (ESPN Classic)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
What are your predictions in this fight?

Jack
Keith
Klitschko by KO before the 8th round.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (keith @ Jun 18 2009, 01:38 PM) *
Klitschko by KO before the 8th round.

We agree with each other, wow. I think this will be death by a thousand jabs followed by the right.
BigG
Klitschko wide UD
Jack 1000
Klitschko by majority decision:

In a fight that should be a unanimous decision, some judge will have it closer than it needs to be. I am looking at 114-114, 115-113, and 117-111 types of cards. I don't know too much about Chaegnev other than him almost always being sidelined by injury. To be honest, neither of the Klits impress me, and I expect a lot of holding and mauling with Wlad's lazy jab doing enough to win some very close, but methodically boring rounds.

I would be surprised if this fight was not a bomb. However, kudos for ESPN Classic for being willing to pick it up when HBO did not. It is a heavyweight title fight unification on standard cable, and that represents good intentions for boxing, even if the fight itself is little more than a glorified sparring session.

Jack
Keith
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jun 18 2009, 02:39 PM) *
We agree with each other, wow. I think this will be death by a thousand jabs followed by the right.

We probably agree on many more things. Its obvious we both love boxing or we wouldnt be on here. Like i said, i only disagreed with you about 1 thing before and for whatever reason it turned into something else. Lets put it behind us and be civil with each other from here on out.
Maxy
It may well mean more in the scheme of things but I'm not at all excited by this fight. Still gutted Haye pulled out for whatever reason.

Klit to win via UD.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (keith @ Jun 18 2009, 01:54 PM) *
We probably agree on many more things. Its obvious we both love boxing or we wouldnt be on here. Like i said, i only disagreed with you about 1 thing before and for whatever reason it turned into something else. Lets put it behind us and be civil with each other from here on out.

I agree and I apologize for the harsh words. I have a temper on me once I get started.
Romulus9
Jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, right hand, fight over.

Either that, or jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, bell sounds, unanimous decision win for Wlad.

Since it's on cable, here's hoping it's both a knockout and a nice performance.
lloyd mayflower
Last i seen Chagaev he was boring the boxing world in a piss poor fight with Matt Skelton who is a fucking affront to boxing himself. I kinda hope Klit finally delivers a performance worthy of a heavyweight champ, putting Chagaev out of the equation and hopefully getting the Haye fight back on.

So im going for Wlad KO rd 9
D-MARV
I look at it like this. After this fight we will have one less heavyweight we have to see.

I've been saying this for a while now but after Chageav, don't be surprise to see Wlad bring up a potential fight with his brother again. Still unlikely, but I honestly think Wlad wants to secure some type of legacy. A win over big bro will make him "King".
BGv2.0
I think ESPN needs their head examined for picking up this crap. I still say any network picking this up due to Raslan's questionable health issues is potentially setting a really bad standard for the sport at a time when it needs no other bad standards.

AND....those thinking this is somehow going to "clear up" anything related to the championship status that is supposedly up for grabs here....are delusional.

Valuev and his people are not going to just hand over the belt with a win by either guy.....

This is more of a farce than most of the recent "Championship" fights have been.

I hope Wlad hits Raslan so hard at some point that a HUGE gush of Hep-B infected blood busts out Raging Bull style and flies right into Wlad's mouth....into the Ref's eyes.....in any of Suderland's people's open wounds and into the entire front row of the knit-wit Krauts that bought this shit pile!

All that being said I will watch the BS on Sat. Hoping against hope for a miracle KO win for Raslan....not that I dislike Wlad...but because it's the ONLY outcome that would make this fight significant at all.

More likely than not I will be treated to the wonderful Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robot "style" all these suck ass Euro HW's have brought to the division the last 5-6 years!

Good Lord.....I hope this shit ends soon....every night when I say my prayers I ask God to send us all a little orphaned kid from Brooklyn with a chip on his shoulder and one punch KO ability......OR to unleash Frans Botha.

D-MARV
This is a significant fight.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 19 2009, 11:36 AM) *

Indeed it is. However, the problem is very likely that it will be very boring. I won't even complain to much if it is. It will be like, "I told you so." I want to be proven wrong and hope I am. But I see little more than a jab and grab contest. These big European heavyweights of recent years can't even waltz, so potentially it is worse than that.

I wonder how much of an issue Atlas will make about the Hepatitis B situation? We are still getting conflicting reports as to its threat. Regardless, I think only in Germany, and with Sautherland would they be able to do this. My boxing friends are split about the degree and severity of the Hepatitis B. I don't know what to believe anymore. It's still a risk no matter how small. To paraphrase Don King, "Only in Germany."

Jack
BGv2.0
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 19 2009, 11:36 AM) *

Only on paper.

I still say it actually clears up very little.

How are you going to justify this matchup as actually clearing up anything when one of the "Champions" in this bout has actually been spliting his belt with that goon Valuev?

This whole "Champion in recess" nonsense has really screwed things up....moreso than on average!

The ONLY way for Wlad to REALLY "clear up" any of this nonsense is for him to take out BOTH Chagaev and Valuev!

Then there is zero question mark as to who was actully the true belt holder in that whole moronic situation.

Maybe in that respect it takes care of half the problem, but this fight does not clear up 100% of that situation as any other 2 championship fight normally would.

Mean Mister Mustard
Taking the belts seriously is a waste of time, especially in the heavyweight division where beltholders are stripped all the time. I am a little upset that this will be for The Ring belt but the only other fight that would settle Heavyweight supremacy would have to be between the two brothers.

If Chagaev is healthy, I think he puts up a better fight than Ibragimov did. The hope here is that Chagaev is able to replicate what he did to Valuev even though Klitshcko is more skilled than Vaaluev.
jlupi
I think ESPN needs their head examined for picking up this crap. I still say any network picking this up due to Raslan's questionable health issues is potentially setting a really bad standard for the sport at a time when it needs no other bad standards>>>.

If chag is healthy he is prob a better all around fighter than haye. That said his best chance of winning is just trouble wlad until he hopefully gasses. I think the good Dr. will try to make it anouther jab slapfest at a distance. I have truelly come to hate wlad.
TMONEYTX
over kili wins
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.