Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why couldn't Cotto simply pay a fine?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
torvix2000
One of the potential sticking points has already been defined, Arum revealed Thursday. He said a consultation with Cotto's nutritionist has made it clear the catch weight must be in the 144-145-pound range.

Cotto weighed in at 146 for the Clottey fight.

I'm sure that Pac will go ahead with the fight even if Cotto has some excesses.

I'm assuming that it will be stipulated in the contract: FINE for excess poundage.

Now, why couldn't Cotto simply weigh 146 and pay the fine? Would it be fair to both of them? Pac for the danger of fighting a legit welterweight and for Cotto paying for his advantage?

Why didn't DLH simply pay the fines against Pac. I don't know about the details.
King Eugene
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jun 18 2009, 08:53 PM) *
Cotto weighed in at 146 for the Clottey fight.

I'm sure that Pac will go ahead with the fight even if Cotto has some excesses.

I'm assuming that it will be stipulated in the contract: FINE for excess poundage.

Now, why couldn't Cotto simply weigh 146 and pay the fine? Would it be fair to both of them? Pac for the danger of fighting a legit welterweight and for Cotto paying for his advantage?

Why didn't DLH simply pay the fines against Pac. I don't know about the details.

I think DLH's fines where something like 3 mil for each pound over. Not sure but I knew it was pretty huge.
torvix2000
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 19 2009, 12:56 AM) *
I think DLH's fines where something like 3 mil for each pound over. Not sure but I knew it was pretty huge.

Ah, okay.

So, we're gonna have to wait for disclosure of Cotto-Pac's contract. If the fine's small enough, then Cotto should have the option of weighing in at 146. And I think he should take it.
provo
It don't matter what cotto weighs 140-147 , pacquiao is going to kick his slow ass! This fight won't go to decision,ref will stop it by 10 or before..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.