Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Gayweather still in retirement?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
torvix2000
A lot of people laughed/raised brow/etc. etc when I mentioned that I consider Gayweather still in retirement even after announcing his fight with Marquez. I was proven right. He's still in retirement for the same reasons he retired in the first place: To avoid fighting the top men in their divisions and fighters who don't bring money.

Perhaps, Gayweather will come out of retirement in 2010.

After what he has done (his baby back ribs, remember, whether legit or not) coupled with Mosley's long "lay off", I'm no longer sure whether Mosley vs Floyd will generate tremendous interest. I for one, was so excited about a Mosley-PBF fight. But on 2010, I'm no longer sure about that. Mosley is not fighting any top notch opponent after Marg and it will affect him.

I guess Floyd's "ring" SMARTS has prevailed. He'll unretire for the winner of Cotto-Pacman!!!

Congratz to SugarQ.
Keith
As far I'm concerned, I could care less if his retirement turns into a fucking dirtnap. fuck.gif
D-MARV
You Know,
for someone who hates Floyd so much, I think you lead the board in most Floyd Threads. LOL
torvix2000
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 19 2009, 01:36 AM) *
You Know,
for someone who hates Floyd so much, I think you lead the board in most Floyd Threads. LOL

NOPE! C'mon, you're wrong here!

However, you and SugarQ are right about Floyd's "ring" or "money" SMARTS.

STEVENSKI, Fitz, Keith, Traced, etc. will be pissed off as soon as announcement of Gayweather versus winner of Pac-Cotto is announced. With Gayweather still earning enough despite the stunts that he pulled off!!!
D-MARV
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jun 18 2009, 09:53 PM) *
NOPE! C'mon, you're wrong here!

However, you and SugarQ are right about Floyd's "ring" or "money" SMARTS.

STEVENSKI, Fitz, Keith, Traced, etc. will be pissed off as soon as announcement of Gayweather versus winner of Pac-Cotto is announced. With Gayweather still earning enough despite the stunts that he pulled off!!!

Why would they be pissed if Floyd fights the Cotto-Pac winner?

I'm sure they wouldn't be mad at that.
torvix2000
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 19 2009, 02:04 AM) *
Why would they be pissed if Floyd fights the Cotto-Pac winner?

I'm sure they wouldn't be mad at that.

Because, Floyd doesn't deserve a dime!!!
Keith
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jun 18 2009, 10:10 PM) *
Because, Floyd doesn't deserve a dime!!!

Your right.

He deserves a whole roll of quarters, loaded margarito style, into his next opponents gloves.
provo
Ca'mon your acting like floyd mayweather isn't a big name ! The guy was retired for almost 2 years and his name was always brought up, I don't think anyone would be mad if he fought pac or cotto...
provo
And who is he avoiding? He's coming back to fight the #2 pound4pound fighter already has said he would fight Pac who is #1. He's been after mosley for 10 years, he wanted to fight cotto 2 years before he retired but arum said NO! And dont give me margarito , cause at that time margarito didn't have a name on his record that he beat.! So who's he avoiding , now shane cause all of a sudden shane needs money so Finally he wants to fight? Shane need floyd and pac to get paid.and floyd knows that,that's why he's not paying any attention to him and laughing at him..
torvix2000
QUOTE (provo @ Jun 19 2009, 04:25 AM) *
Ca'mon your acting like floyd mayweather isn't a big name ! The guy was retired for almost 2 years and his name was always brought up, I don't think anyone would be mad if he fought pac or cotto...

That's before the ribfaker injury.
provo
Ok so say the injury is fake! What's the problem with him not fighting Marquez and maybe taking on Cotto or Pacquiao ? Marquez has no shot!
torvix2000
QUOTE (provo @ Jun 19 2009, 04:50 AM) *
Ok so say the injury is fake! What's the problem with him not fighting Marquez and maybe taking on Cotto or Pacquiao ? Marquez has no shot!

Because he doesn't deserve a dime. If he does, then he wouldn't have faked a rib injury.
provo
Why doesn't he deserve a dime? He's one of the biggest names in boxing. The man is getting paid 15 mill to fight Marquez! he came back for the mega fights and that's what he's going to try and do....
torvix2000
QUOTE (provo @ Jun 19 2009, 05:26 AM) *
Why doesn't he deserve a dime? He's one of the biggest names in boxing. The man is getting paid 15 mill to fight Marquez! he came back for the mega fights and that's what he's going to try and do....

If he deserves that amount, then the fight wouldn't have been "cancelled".
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (keith @ Jun 19 2009, 02:17 AM) *
Your right.

He deserves a whole roll of quarters, loaded margarito style, into his next opponents gloves.

I like the sound of that. I like the sound of that a lot.

Imagine Fraud in the days when fighters fought for what the money crowd threw in the ring. Fuck the cunt would be fighting at 106 & homeless.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (provo @ Jun 19 2009, 05:26 AM) *

No he is not. He has called the fight off & i would suggest it was after HBO & GBP realised the fight would be a Titanic style event & FLoyd does not deseve $1.5M let alone $15M.
Box in Hand
Does anyone recall Mayweather ever calling a fight off? I've seen in the past where he fought with injuries but never seen him calling a fight off. Yes, he is a big name in the sport but without a good dance partner how dare he try and milk people for those high ass prices. He should've put this fight on HBO for free which would get people ready for a big showdown with Pac. No one wants to pay for an evet where the outcome is ceartain. People want to see him tested if not beaten. I think he got a serious dose of reality and he faked injury. My memory says he's never pulled out of a fight for an injury.
WolfishPromistah
Fitz: “It's not taking on Cotto or Pacquiao that's the problem, it's him faking it because he was going to be exposed for not being the cash cow he claims and lied about an injury to save face.”

Well, to bring in 15 million as he wished to tells me you can call him whatever you want. As long as that number’s met to go in his pocket, I’m sure he wouldn’t care. I know I wouldn’t – say I’m not whatever…”and” he was aiming to fight a big name to do it, with still more of ‘em to come.

Furthermore, torvix, the fight was “cancelled” because of the injury. If that’s not a legitimate “excuse,” than there’s reasonable implication in your words that you’re just a hater and wanna see a fine fighter who’s also a wonderful businessman lose…quite possibly out of mere envy or similar – such drive just to see “one certain” guy not get paid for continually beating the required comp(should he continue to)?. Come on!

And Box in Hand, just “maybe” this particular injury is worse than those others. My “memory tells me” that sort of thing is extremely likely to happen to many at times in life.
torvix2000
QUOTE (WolfishPromistah @ Jun 19 2009, 03:27 PM) *
Furthermore, torvix, the fight was “cancelled” because of the injury. If that’s not a legitimate “excuse,” than there’s reasonable implication in your words that you’re just a hater and wanna see a fine fighter who’s also a wonderful businessman lose…quite possibly out of mere envy or similar – such drive just to see “one certain” guy not get paid for continually beating the required comp(should he continue to)?. Come on!

And Box in Hand, just “maybe” this particular injury is worse than those others. My “memory tells me” that sort of thing is extremely likely to happen to many at times in life.

LOL! Let's hear what Mosley has to say about the supposed "injury".

Here's the link from a shittty website. Anyway, the interview's in audio.

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Chee/Chee0619aaa09.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.