Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We could have JMM-Mosley at 144?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
torvix2000
What do you say to people who say you are fighting for the money. And that that is only reason why you want to fight Pacquiao.

Mosley: I donít need the money. I have money. Yes the money is nice. But I want to fight the biggest fights for the fans. The legacy fights. When I started fighting pro, I was fighting for $1,000, $2,000, but I didnít care because I knew one day I would be world champion and my time would come. I love the sport, you can ask anybody. I love going to gym and sparring. I love what I do.

Since Pac and Gayweather are ducking him, why not JMM-Mosley? After all, they don't need the money?
King Eugene
Arum wants Mosley vs. Clottey

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=20528
thehype
I think GBP might want to consider it since all of their "mega-fights" are imploding.

Haye vs. Klitschko, Mayweather vs. Marquez...they really don't have too many big fights on the radar until late this year (assuming Mayweather vs. Marquez gets pushed back and not cancelled entirely).

De La Hoya...retired!
Hopkins...nothing!
Mosley...nothing!
Hatton....limbo!
Wright....undercard status!

At this point, I think it's clear that Top Rank is the driver's seat when it comes to making fights.

Pacquiao-Cotto
Pacquiao-Valero
Cotto-Margarito II
Cotto-Clottey II
Margarito-Clottey II

When it comes to working with other promoters, Bob Arum can pretty much call the shots since he can basically make all of those fights before putting his guys in with other fighters. GBP doesn't have that option. If Shane wants to fight, he might be forced to fight a Berto or a Williams before he ever gets Pacquiao or Cotto since both of those guys have other options within their own promotional company. Heck, they even have options outside of their own promotional company since Pacquiao could fight a Nate Campbell or Timothy Bradley, Cotto could fight Berto, Margarito could fight Williams and so on. In my opinion, GBP might find themselves in some trouble if they don't start making better decisions soon.

Mark my words, Oscar De La Hoya will fight again.

De La Hoya vs. Hatton coming soon....

I gotta give it to Arum...his ability to play boxing chess is unparalleled. While GBP has consistently chased after the quick money (i.e. De La Hoya vs. Mayweather), Arum has stayed two steps ahead of them by planning for the future and building up his talent's following.
Romulus9
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 19 2009, 01:38 AM) *
Mark my words, Oscar De La Hoya will fight again.

De La Hoya vs. Hatton coming soon....

Agreed. 100%. When Oscar retired, the statement from some was, "Oscar is a businessman now."

Well, take off the "now". Oscar is a businessman.

If he believes it's not only sound business but necessary to step back into the ring, he'll do it. With an insane amount of money and a fight that promotes itself (e.g. - Hatton), it's going to happen. If Mayweather-Marquez gets cancelled, BANK IT.

Mosley-Clottey excites me about as much as Clottey-Berto, Ruiz-Holyfield IV, or 3 day old wheat toast.

We need a mega matchup. Pacquiao-Cotto would be one. Pacquiao-Mosley would be one.

The thing about de la Hoya is that he might be better suited for 154 these days. Hatton will NOT go to 154 and doesn't like 147. Oscar's obviously not making 140 so he better not be fried at 147 for that fight.

Oh, who am I kidding? The DLH that fought Pacquiao would still beat Hatton at 147.

Do we really want to see Oscar in the ring again? Eh. Do we need to see Oscar in the ring again? Unfortunately, probably, yes.

Get braced for it. Here it comes. DLH-Hatton in Britain. I don't even want to know how much that PPV is going to be.
King Eugene
Yea I think DLH has too much pride to go out on his stool. I think him and Hatton will both have their farewell fight against one another. The can bill it "Victims of the Pac"...The Manny effect!
thehype
I seriously would not be surprised if they cancelled Mayweather-Marquez entirely as it's taking an EXTREMELY long time to figure out when the fight is going to be rescheduled. I mean, it's not like it takes long to go visit a doctor and get a diagnosis and a recommendation on how long it will take before you can resume training. The injury happened early last week, the press release came out on Sunday and Schaefer has already come on record saying that it's not a broken rib, but cartilage damage. That tells me that somebody had to have looked at him. So okay...how long is it going to take for the "cartilage damage" to heal? Can he go in September? October? November? What's taking so long to come to a decision? I don't know man...something just seems off.

Perhaps someone should suggest tossing a couple of million to Marquez and asking him to say something like, "I can not put my career on hold to wait around for Mayweather, so I will be moving forward and will defend my WBO title against mandatory challenger Michael Katsidis."

At least that way, Marquez can let Mayweather off the hook and we can get a much more marketable fight...a fight that would put the celebrities in those expensive seats and would actually get fans willing to snatch up the tickets...

Mayweather-Mosley

At this point, with Pacquiao about to seal the deal with Cotto, it's the only other big fight that Mayweather could make in order to keep the appearance that he's the "bigger" draw. Put the fight in California at the Staples Center with Israel Vazquez on the undercard and I think it does just as well as Pacquiao vs. Cotto does in Las Vegas.

Something tells me that somebody is probably already having this discussion...and if they aren't, then they probably should.

laugh.gif
Romulus9
Mayweather-Mosley
Israel Vazquez

Throw in a Charlie Huerta fight and there's no telling how big that could be.

Also, throw in the fact that Mayweather fighting for the first time in what amount to two years... against MOSLEY...

yeah... I think I may order that one. I like how it would likely turn out.
torvix2000
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 19 2009, 06:05 AM) *
At least that way, Marquez can let Mayweather off the hook and we can get a much more marketable fight...a fight that would put the celebrities in those expensive seats and would actually get fans willing to snatch up the tickets...

Mayweather-Mosley

Which brings us to the next question: Why didn't GBP make Gayweather-Mosley in the first place instead of JMM-Gayweather? They don't have sense of the Gayweather's "economic" status.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 19 2009, 08:18 AM) *
Because Mosley has 5 losses rolleyes_anim.gif

LOL!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 19 2009, 05:38 AM) *
I gotta give it to Arum...his ability to play boxing chess is unparalleled. While GBP has consistently chased after the quick money (i.e. De La Hoya vs. Mayweather), Arum has stayed two steps ahead of them by planning for the future and building up his talent's following.

One thing I don't like about Hype is that he is right 98% of the time.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 19 2009, 08:18 AM) *
Because Mosley has 5 losses rolleyes_anim.gif

That is spot on Fitz. 5 losses = loser & losers do not = money (unless you are Tyson, DLH or Gatti that is)
provo
Mosley vs marquez?
I don't hear anyone saying that Mosley is to big for him now, but floyd is and gets dissed..lol,
Haters!
Douchebag
QUOTE (provo @ Jun 19 2009, 01:19 PM) *
Mosley vs marquez?
I don't hear anyone saying that Mosley is to big for him now, but floyd is and gets dissed..lol,
Haters!

That' s because most people think the idea is so laughble that its even worth being addressed.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 19 2009, 04:42 AM) *
One thing I don't like about Hype is that he is right 98% of the time.

Except when it comes to picking fights... wink.gif
Keith
QUOTE (provo @ Jun 19 2009, 01:19 PM) *
Mosley vs marquez?
Haters!

Mosley is too big for JMM. Its an even bigger size differnce then PBF. Provo, the difference is Shane wanted other fights. But you too blinded from the love you feel for PBF to see that. Cupids arrow has found its mark.
Fitz
QUOTE (provo @ Jun 20 2009, 03:19 AM) *
Haters!

I don't hear anyone in this thread even discussing the topic at hand. That should give you a clue, though I won't give you the answer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.