Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Verses@8PM CST (SPOILERS 8:15) Diaconu vs. Pascal
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
This will be the first time that two top Canadian fighters are BOTH fighting in their hometowns for the light-heavyweight championship of the world. They usually draw between 15,000-20,000 for these cards! So don't miss it! Post the round by round updates here:

Jack

Administrator
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 19 2009, 04:38 PM) *
This will be the first time that two top Canadian fighters are BOTH fighting in their hometowns for the light-heavyweight championship of the world. They usually draw between 15,000-20,000 for these cards! So don't miss it! Post the round by round updates here:

Jack

Administrator

this should be a good fight... leqning towards diacanu tho...
Box in Hand
Pascal got the first round but can he keep moving like that?
salvador
Great fight.

There's no way Pascal keeps this up for 12 rounds.
salvador
Pascal's looking pretty fucking good!
D-MARV
Pascal trying to look like Ali... LMAO. Good job so far.
D-MARV
Good 3rd for Diaconu.
Box in Hand
Diaconu is glosing the distance but still getting outworked. Good Ali impression by Pascal.
salvador
Great fight!

Pascal was stunned in that round and he played real good possum.

This is getting really interesting.
D-MARV
Good 4th for Pascal... Real good fight thus far.
Box in Hand
The champ is down 4 rounds to 0. He better step it up.
D-MARV
Good FUCKING ROUND.

Box in Hand
I hope Mayweather's watching this action. this is how u do it.
salvador
Un-Fucking-Believable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Box in Hand
The champ needs a KO or mutiple knockdowns.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jun 19 2009, 10:30 PM) *
I hope Mayweather's watching this action. this is how u do it.

LOL... this will turn into a Floyd thread now. Thanks!
salvador
Both of these guys are going to be making money for a while.

Boxing really is the only sport that matters.
D-MARV
At times, Pascal looks great.

Diaconu has a really good chin.
Box in Hand
Pascal's on a tight rope. He needs to stay focused.
Box in Hand
Great m%#@%%^^$%^ FIGHT! If Pascal doesn't get Ko'ed, this is a clear win for him.
D-MARV
Another good round.

Diaconu needs a KO IMO.
salvador
A rematch, after 11 rounds, seems to be a bit of a natural.
D-MARV
AND THE NEW...
salvador
I love BOTH of those guys!

Pascal better get the decision.

D-MARV
QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 19 2009, 10:59 PM) *
I love BOTH of those guys!

Pascal better get the decision.

Agreed...

Respect for both guys, Pascal wins it.
D-MARV
Great scoring!

D-MARV
Pascal-Dawson anyone?
Box in Hand
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 19 2009, 10:04 PM) *
Pascal-Dawson anyone?

Amen. Pascal takes Dawson into deep water and drowns him.
Mean Mister Mustard
I was surprised at Pascal's ability to maintain a good pace for 12 rounds. I have seen a lot of his fights and have many of his best on tape and I have to tell you, I didn't think he would go 12 rounds with a power puncher. However, he changed my mind when he went 12 with Carl Froch and then tonight as well.

I think the move to 175 has done him good, he seems just as fast as he was at 168 and his punches still have pop in them, just look at Diaconu's face. I also like how he has improved his defence. Watch him 2-3 years ago he wasn't as good.

Sure, some will say he's too much like Roy Jones and that it will cost him down the line. Maybe it will but for the moment he's still fast and active. I also like how he finished strong in the 12th in a fight in which he was winning.

Diaconu must be given credit for making it competitive, he showed good timing, as I expected but not good enough. He's still a hell of a puncher though.

Yeah, Make Pascal-Dawson, should Dawson get past Johnson.
salvador
I don't think Pascal should look any further than the rematch. You know it'll sell out that same arena and you know Showtime will pay at least as much next time, except that Pascal will get a bigger slice of the pie. Why jump to Dawson? I don't think a fight with Dawson would generate any more at the box office.

I'm still trying to grasp that 12th round. There was no reason whatsoever for Pascal to take those chances (and those clean shots) except to please the fans. God bless him.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 19 2009, 10:16 PM) *
I don't think Pascal should look any further than the rematch. You know it'll sell out that same arena and you know Showtime will pay at least as much next time, except that Pascal will get a bigger slice of the pie. Why jump to Dawson? I don't think a fight with Dawson would generate any more at the box office.

I'm still trying to grasp that 12th round. There was no reason whatsoever for Pascal to take those chances (and those clean shots) except to please the fans. God bless him.

Yep, guy's got balls.
Jack 1000
Good fight, not quite great but a solid effort by both guys. I had it 8-4 or 116-111. Pascal took most of the early rounds by being just a little busier, I had Diaconu having a good rally, but it was not enough. Great scoring, and ref Wright was fair this time.

Jack
D-MARV
QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 19 2009, 11:16 PM) *

I agree with you.

But a win over Dawson would put Pascal in the Elite group of fighters.
Spyder
I definitely want to see Pascal fight again. He looked really good at 175...the Dawson fight seems like the next step at this point.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.