Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ODLH in Fight Night Round 4?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
thisneverworks
I was on espn.com this morning and saw an EA Sports video ad that said to click to watch the "anthem".

When I did they went through all the different sports they have games for and had "average" looking people playing tennis, coaching football, playing football, etc. The first scene caught my eye because it was boxing and ODLH was the other boxer in the video.

I am starting to think the boxer roster is far from complete and there may be quite a few that are downloadable (at least for the 360). I would be willing to pay for a quite a few boxers not on included in the game and I'm sure EA could share a percent of downloads with boxers who may think they are bigger than the game (i.e. Mayweather).

Anyway, just some early morning rumor starting.
lloyd mayflower
i cant wait for this game. anyone else think it would be a good idea to start a thread when it comes out for everyone to stick on their PS3/xbox user names and have a rumble with a few people from the forum? would be good for bragging rights etc
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 21 2009, 03:08 PM) *
i cant wait for this game. anyone else think it would be a good idea to start a thread when it comes out for everyone to stick on their PS3/xbox user names and have a rumble with a few people from the forum? would be good for bragging rights etc

the game is allready pre bought.. i pick it up july 1st... the thread sounds like a good idea to me...
KookedKrack
im down....... i dont know whether to pick this up for ps3 or xbox tho any1 know if there is any difference in the graphics or game play?
lloyd mayflower
im goin to get the bullshit off to an early start, and predict, even before the game comes out that im goin to break some faces!
Byrd Man
I played the demo and didn't care for the new controls. Unless they make it where I can use the buttons as well, I won't pick it up.

Also, DLH could be an unlockable fighter. Everyone assumes that the fighters that aren't on the rosters might be downloadable, but it could be unlocked by achieving certain goals in the game.

I haven't played a boxing game since Knockout Kings 2000. I just haven't liked the controls since then. Might go and order that game (KO KINGS 2000) for me to play on my PS3. lol
King Eugene
It comes out tomorrow right or is it next tuesday?
Al Hata
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 22 2009, 03:58 PM) *
It comes out tomorrow right or is it next tuesday?

Comes out tomorrow.

There is going to be plenty of DLC for this game. The devs have said so. I'm willing to bet around 3 different sets of fighter packages.

thisneverworks
Disclosure: I own a 360

I would pick it up for the 360 just for playing it through Live and because most of all the trailer videos that I see are using the 360 version as their working example. Seems like the devs would pick the "best" version to show off.

I'm with Byrd Man regarding Knockout Kings 2000 but don't sell this game short quite yet. I hated the way they made the game more arcade after 2000, and while the graphics always seemed to get better the gameplay got worse and worse in my opinion. With this game I have tried in the demo to simulate a real fight (even though there are only 3 rounds). I have noticed that if I work the body exclusively in the early going and then work my way up it does make affect the other fighter's stamina and makes them easier to hurt (as I would expect). It also seems the jab isn't just a wasted punch and helps to swell up my opponent's eye. Pretty trivial stuff but just the kind of realism I have been looking for quite some time.

I believe you can also set the controls back to allow button punching they they claim it is not as smooth. I personally liked using the buttons to throw straights in particular b/c I often find myself throwing uppercuts or hooks when I just want a straight right/left. If you could pick what button throws what punch, now that would be perfect. I doubt that level of customization would be possible though b/c EA falls in love with their control schemes.
The CEO
So I dropped my wife off at work and my daughter off at grandma's and go straight to WalMart to pick up the game...this was at 8:00 AM........they didn't have it.

I then go back home and wait....I pull up at GameStop at 10:00 on the dime......the guy is unlocking the door for business...I'm smiling....I bring Call of Duty: World At War for the trade in.....I'm ready to fuckin' GET DOWN with Hagler.....I walk in and ask him if he has it.........he says they didn't get it in......????????????????

but that he IS getting it at 4:00 today!!.....I get $20 for the CoD game and give him $40 for a reservation.... yes2.gif
Al Hata

I think if you reserve a copy you can get it this afternoon from gamestop, but if not then you have to wait until Thursday.

Weird.

The CEO
Yep...he said I could pick it up today, and that I'm getting it earlier than most others will....
KookedKrack
picked it up earlier today the beatings calzaghe has received at my hands are unfathomable
King Eugene
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jun 24 2009, 01:06 AM) *
picked it up earlier today the beatings calzaghe has received at my hands are unfathomable

Calzaghe is on the game? WTF?
The CEO
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jun 24 2009, 01:06 AM) *

lol...I bet...I had to sick Tyson on Calzaghe for my man, Big G, one time.....it brought me great pleasure to push and pummel him around 'til he was out.....lol

The game's all to the good so far.......I'm gonna be tired tomorrow.....
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jun 24 2009, 05:06 AM) *

That will be nothing like what Mundine gets over & over again.
The Original MrFactor
I got it today.... I'm not crazy about it so far. The controls are a bit different. I guess once I'm used to the difference, i'll like it.
BigG
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Jun 24 2009, 06:31 AM) *
lol...I bet...I had to sick Tyson on Calzaghe for my man, Big G, one time.....it brought me great pleasure to push and pummel him around 'til he was out.....lol

The game's all to the good so far.......I'm gonna be tired tomorrow.....

laugh.gif

Does Calzaghe punch or slap in the game
Byrd Man
can someone verify whether you can configure the controls so you can use the buttons and the R1/R2 L1/L2 triggers?

If so I might pick this up next week.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jun 24 2009, 03:45 AM) *
can someone verify whether you can configure the controls so you can use the buttons and the R1/R2 L1/L2 triggers?

If so I might pick this up next week.

I havent found any way you can configure the controls. the controls for this are one of its weak points.
The CEO
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Jun 24 2009, 03:09 AM) *
laugh.gif

Does Calzaghe punch or slap in the game

lol....he's nothing like the real Calzaghe...he's actually got some good pop....even stunned my Tyson once...

The first fight I lost was as Toney against Morrison.....by KO....that sucked.....although it was mainly because there's a new, more difficult way of getting up from KDs....

and I'm personally fine with the controls, Factor....it's more challenging....
KookedKrack
i know there are different controller settings but i didnt see if any included buttons yet. I did see a part for downloadable boxers so i guess they will be updating the roster which is cool and you can also upload created boxers so far people have made some pretty good ones. I think i saw a bhop create a boxer that was dope......I scanned my face with the xbox cam and the game put my mug on my fighter good stuff so far ......it felt a bit wierd getting used to this game from fight night 3 but once you get used to it the experience is way better you can actually play your fighters style which round 3 didnt do too well also I dont know if its me but the punches feel like they have a little less umph unless its a counter which does a lot more damage

The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jun 24 2009, 10:04 AM) *
i know there are different controller settings but i didnt see if any included buttons yet. I did see a part for downloadable boxers so i guess they will be updating the roster which is cool and you can also upload created boxers so far people have made some pretty good ones. I think i saw a bhop create a boxer that was dope......I scanned my face with the xbox cam and the game put my mug on my fighter good stuff so far ......it felt a bit wierd getting used to this game from fight night 3 but once you get used to it the experience is way better you can actually play your fighters style which round 3 didnt do too well also I dont know if its me but the punches feel like they have a little less umph unless its a counter which does a lot more damage

That was my feeling too. Sometimes I cant tell if a punch landed or not. Those counters can be a bit tricky too. I'm getting used to things a little. I hat ethe fact that the movement axis is reversed from what I was used to. It make it a bit harder to cut off the ring because I'm alwayshabitually moving in the wrong direction.
Fitz
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 25 2009, 10:24 AM) *
That was my feeling too. Sometimes I cant tell if a punch landed or not. Those counters can be a bit tricky too. I'm getting used to things a little. I hat ethe fact that the movement axis is reversed from what I was used to. It make it a bit harder to cut off the ring because I'm alwayshabitually moving in the wrong direction.

Sure you can't change it? I played the demo, and the moving was how it always was. But the punching was a little different, but there was a controller setting that was named "classic" which is the same controllers as all the other fight nights.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.