Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ike Quartey vs Miguel Cotto
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Classic Boxing
PR316
Based on Cotto's fight with Clottey, I'm gonna go with Quartey. I think his hand speed advantage along with that devastating jab and his right hand bombs are enough for him to take Cotto late in a decent fight.

Quartey KO 11
Douchebag
QUOTE (PR316 @ Jun 21 2009, 05:44 PM) *
Based on Cotto's fight with Clottey, I'm gonna go with Quartey. I think his hand speed advantage along with that devastating jab and his right hand bombs are enough for him to take Cotto late in a decent fight.

Quartey KO 11

Are you putting Ike's best version vs the one eyed, slow, no jab Cotto. Then yeah you're right. Now if you make the fight with the Cotto that decisioned Mosley, I think it's a better matchup.
PR316
Cotto lacks defense for short punches. And Quartey had speed behind his jab and right hand plus decent power.

Maybe the Cotto that fought Mosley goes the distance, but I dont think its that close on the cards.
STEVENSKI
Quartey by brutal KO. He beat the best version of DLH we have seen & DLH was a much much better welter than Cotto. In addition to his shaky chin it spells doom for Miguel.
hugo1979
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 25 2009, 07:03 PM) *
Quartey by brutal KO. He beat the best version of DLH we have seen & DLH was a much much better welter than Cotto. In addition to his shaky chin it spells doom for Miguel.

Stevenski you got no idea what the fuck your talking about.
Cotto would give Quartey a bad beating because "youth is a tool,it's a good tool but there's also knowledge,focus,strategy" as Brian Denehey would say.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Jun 22 2009, 06:58 AM) *
Are you putting Ike's best version vs the one eyed, slow, no jab Cotto. Then yeah you're right. Now if you make the fight with the Cotto that decisioned Mosley, I think it's a better matchup.

First off,I don't think Cotto beat Mosley..I think Mosley won that fight and was the first guy to expose Cotto late in the fight..I think Cotto might go the distance with Ike but I'd give Iki the W..It's also possible that Ike stops Cotto in my opinion..Ike's jab was a weapon..If Ike made a habit out of throwing uppercuts against Cotto,he'd stop em for sure..Cotto's biggest weakness is uppercuts..He is so wide open for em on the inside..If ya disagree,watch the Margarito and Clottey fight again..
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (PR316 @ Jun 21 2009, 05:44 PM) *

Quartey KO 11

Dont necessarily think he'd stop Cotto, but he would beat him with the jab. I thought Clottey should have been given the nod against Cotto, so theres always that chance of a robbery in Quartey/Cotto. I do think Quartey fights "bigger" than Clottey and wins failry comfortably...
kidbazooka1
Quratey was one of my favorite fighters in the 90's IMO he had one of the best jabs in boxing history.

These two are pretty evenly matched Cotto is a strong guy but Quartey was exceptionaly strong.

Gotto go with Ike by late rd stoppage.
basicjab
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Dec 22 2009, 08:01 AM) *
Quratey was one of my favorite fighters in the 90's IMO he had one of the best jabs in boxing history.

These two are pretty evenly matched Cotto is a strong guy but Quartey was exceptionaly strong.

Gotto go with Ike by late rd stoppage.

Pre-Margarito Cotto was pretty damned good. Quartey was a monster at 147, think Quartey would beat Cotto by close but decisive decision, but no way a lock. Quartey had trouble with stamina late in fights, remember the Carr and Lopez fights, yes he underestimated those guys but still he faded late. Only decisive loss in Quartey's prime was against a bigger prime Vargas, and it was close and he definitely had his moments. His jab was a thing of beauty, he could knock people out with that thing.
Spreadking3rd
I am a big Quartey fan, but he always left himself open for counters at some point, especially late in fights. I just think Cotto could beat Quartey in a close fight. Cotto is a very good counter puncher.

close fight in my opinion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.