Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vivian Harris is a FREE AGENT!!!!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
du365
Harris is now a free agent

Former Junior Welterweight champion “Vicious” Vivian Harris has announced that he is now officially a free agent. Harris has been granted a release from his contract with Gary Shaw Productions and is now looking to rejuvenate his career and put himself in line for another title shot. The 30-year-old Harris understands that time is precious and that he cannot afford suffer anymore long stretches of inactivity. “I am putting the past behind me. My main goal is to stay as active as possible,” says Harris, who has only fought once in the last year and a half. “I know that the junior welterweight division is loaded with talent, and I believe that I am up there with the best of them. I just want to fight. I’m ready.” Harris is trained by famed veteran trainer Tommy Brooks and managed by Humberto Romero

The 140 division is now on notice, with Vivian free we will get the most exciting fights at 140. Ortiz, Bradley and especially that bum Soupy will be on notice.[/b]

Can you imagine the fireworks that Pacquaio vs. Harris will bring.
thehype
QUOTE (du365 @ Jun 22 2009, 10:28 AM) *
Can you imagine the fireworks that Pacquaio vs. Harris will bring.

Not really.

laugh.gif

Actually though, I'd love to see a fight between Harris and Zab Judah.
Al Hata
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 22 2009, 11:07 AM) *
Not really.

laugh.gif

Actually though, I'd love to see a fight between Harris and Zab Judah.

I agree.
Spyder
Sweet!

Maybe this will bring Maussa out of retirement.
D-MARV
Who?
Big Slim Sweet
Isn't du365 the same poster that likes to inundate the board with Ishe Smith threads?

Interesting gimmick. Bore the people with crap they don't care about.

On topic, Vivian Harris vs. David Haye would be worth watching.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jun 22 2009, 04:22 PM) *
Sweet!

Maybe this will bring Maussa out of retirement.

If that happened the division would be on notice! As sick as it soulds I would PPV Pac vs Maussa.
MarzB
I'm curious of this story actually because I wonder how he got out of his deal with SHAW. Was he released or did he actually buy himself out of the deal??

Viv is a good fighter unfortunately he seems to lack focus or can't make that turn to the next level. If anyone saw his last fight (it's on youtube) you really have to scratch your head. He was in with a dude who was literally a club fighter, in fact from what I recall the fight was indeed in a club He hung on for DEAR life in that fight. I think he later got the decision but man did he have to work for it and against the guy he was fighting, with his experience and skill level that shouldn't have ever happened regardless if he had a bad night.

Apparently he's going down to 140 (i didn't know he could make it) but I'm sure he and Zab can make a fight locally in New York that would be a decent "home turf" battle and draw a decent crowd.

I think Viv is at that point where he's on the decline unless he gets active and remain active. I don't see him beating any of the 140 belt holders.
salvador
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jun 23 2009, 06:40 AM) *
I'm curious of this story actually because I wonder how he got out of his deal with SHAW. Was he released or did he actually buy himself out of the deal??

I don't think Harris has enough money to buy lunch much less buy himself out of a contract.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 23 2009, 09:52 AM) *
I don't think Harris has enough money to buy lunch much less buy himself out of a contract.

laugh.gif

Nice.

Remember when Maussa smoked him? Man, that was funny.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.