Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rocky Juarez turns down late replacement
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
TMONEYTX
http://www.fightnews.com/?p=15098
damn i was hopeing to atleast see two fights on hbo this saturday.
JD
Smart move. At this point, Juarez can afford to be picky and really call the shots when it comes to appearing on HBO.
Big Slim Sweet
For a mostly boring fighter who's never won anything meaningful Juarez has had quite a career.

He's kind of the featherweight-lightweight Ray Mercer in that sense.
TMONEYTX
its funny how he keeps getting on hbo .
BGv2.0
Damn I really wanted to see this fight!

I was there for the first one and really had no problem with the draw. Was looking forward to it!

BUT...I can't really blame him though....he's already in line for another shot at John....why screw that up with a potential loss to a last minute replacement. AND you know with HBO being involved....they would most likely want you to fight a pretty decent threat of a fighter.

To hell with that....Rocky is coming down the final stretch of his career....and I know he would like to go out as a champion....it's not worth the risk to simply appease HBO.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Jun 23 2009, 03:51 PM) *
For a mostly boring fighter who's never won anything meaningful Juarez has had quite a career.

He's kind of the featherweight-lightweight Ray Mercer in that sense.

I couldnt agree more with you. Even though Juarez can be a boring at times, the kid can fight and can hang with anyone. I like watching Rocky fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.