Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fight Night Round 4
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
well i picked up my copy of fnr4 today and my first thought is i dont like the game.... the reason is that they dont give the option of being able to use the circle square triangle and X as options for regular punch buttons... you have to rely on that total punch crap or what ever its called... i was a very very good fighter just using the buttons... i suppose if i want to play the game i will have to learn that mess... i cant tell you how well the game plays yet because i have spent a few minutes triing to learn the left and right analog sticks for control of the fighters offense and defense and i am probably at least a couple of months awat from triing to play online because my brain is still set on button mode.... the graphics are good but they should have left the option for us button pushers to to decide rather or not we wanted to learn total control or what ever its called... just my opinion... i am sure some will say that that total control gives you more range with your fighter but again i was very succesful with my buttons and so far that is the only downside of the game.. my gameplay thus far has been spent on tutorials... lol... anyway anyone else have any comments please comment on this...
D-MARV
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 24 2009, 09:28 PM) *
well i picked up my copy of fnr4 today and my first thought is i dont like the game.... the reason is that they dont give the option of being able to use the circle square triangle and X as options for regular punch buttons... you have to rely on that total punch crap or what ever its called... i was a very very good fighter just using the buttons... i suppose if i want to play the game i will have to learn that mess... i cant tell you how well the game plays yet because i have spent a few minutes triing to learn the left and right analog sticks for control of the fighters offense and defense and i am probably at least a couple of months awat from triing to play online because my brain is still set on button mode.... the graphics are good but they should have left the option for us button pushers to to decide rather or not we wanted to learn total control or what ever its called... just my opinion... i am sure some will say that that total control gives you more range with your fighter but again i was very succesful with my buttons and so far that is the only downside of the game.. my gameplay thus far has been spent on tutorials... lol... anyway anyone else have any comments please comment on this...

I guess you don't like the Total control crap?
STEVENSKI
Buttons suck. Total control makes it more fluid IMO.
King Eugene
Once learning how to use total punch control I wouldn't dare go back to pushing buttons! Its like going from Amateur to Pro and going back to Amateur to me.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 24 2009, 09:34 PM) *
Once learning how to use total punch control I wouldn't dare go back to pushing buttons! Its like going from Amateur to Pro and going back to Amateur to me.

Exactly!!!Buttons are for chumps..I stick to the sticks..

Incase anyone has been wondering where I've been at,I've been on vaction in the Badland and the Black Hills in South Dakota..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 25 2009, 12:10 AM) *
Nope. We haven't.

I figured
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 25 2009, 12:15 AM) *
Just kidding man, lol. How was your vacation?

I know you were..hahaha..It was an amazing trip..It was like nothing I've ever seen before..Have you seen pics of the Badlands or Black Hills before??Mt. Rushmore wasn't what I thought it'd be..It was a lot smaller..Was there for 5 days only to come back home and today find out my apartment got broken into and robbed..Fucked up..It killed the high I had from the trip real quick..
Byrd Man
I re-downloaded the game today and played again. I'm getting used to the controls, but still...just like people criticize games like Street Fighter IV or whatever as "button mashers" that's all this is, with the sticks.

I found myself, without really thinking about it, just rotating the sticks and throwing punches without any real gameplan. Surely that won't get me far, but still, it's essentially the same thing.

I think it's a pain in the ass to get off the canvas when knocked down (at least going from the tutorial) but I'm sure I'll get better at it.

This game went from a Day 1 purchase (With button config) to getting it EVENTUALLY once it drops to 20 bucks.

*goes to order Knockout Kings 2000*
EirbinX
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jun 25 2009, 01:46 AM) *
I re-downloaded the game today and played again. I'm getting used to the controls, but still...just like people criticize games like Street Fighter IV or whatever as "button mashers" that's all this is, with the sticks.

I found myself, without really thinking about it, just rotating the sticks and throwing punches without any real gameplan. Surely that won't get me far, but still, it's essentially the same thing.

I think it's a pain in the ass to get off the canvas when knocked down (at least going from the tutorial) but I'm sure I'll get better at it.

This game went from a Day 1 purchase (With button config) to getting it EVENTUALLY once it drops to 20 bucks.

*goes to order Knockout Kings 2000*

i like the game i got it yesterday and i ennjoyed creating my fighter with using my picture and creating my face......the blocking is kida cheesy....but the knockouts really feel like knockouts
EirbinX
xbox gamertag is F1deLCaShFl0w88 in case any1 wants a match
Douchebag
Anybody down to do a fighthype round 4 tournament? Maybe the winner can get a teeshirt or something.
Al Hata

I'm really digging the game so far. Legacy mode is much improved. I'm 5-0 online but I've played a bunch of noobs. GT is Big Goo 24 if anyone wants to set up a 360 tourny or something.

The CEO
I'm diggin' it too...but I'm pissed...I'm now 2-1 online because my shit disconnected...I NEVER disconnect on purpose...I was beatin' some dummy's ass and BOOM...got signed out.

I'm on PS3....my FN and UFC account is "SKULLSPL1TTER"...
Douchebag
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Jun 25 2009, 12:34 PM) *
I'm diggin' it too...but I'm pissed...I'm now 2-1 online because my shit disconnected...I NEVER disconnect on purpose...I was beatin' some dummy's ass and BOOM...got signed out.

I'm on PS3....my FN and UFC account is "SKULLSPL1TTER"...

Someone of your refined taste should be on the superior 360. I am very surprised. LOL
The CEO
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Jun 25 2009, 12:43 PM) *
Someone of your refined taste should be on the superior 360. I am very surprised. LOL

lol...you really think the 360 is better?....it might be for the younger crowd who want to play a lot of different games....but I'm an old ass, family man....Blu Ray compatibility and the free online play made my decision quick and easy.
Al Hata
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Jun 25 2009, 01:09 PM) *
lol...you really think the 360 is better?....it might be for the younger crowd who want to play a lot of different games....but I'm an old ass, family man....Blu Ray compatibility and the free online play made my decision quick and easy.

I actually got disconnected from an online game on the 360 and it didn't count it as a loss or win for either guy. I like the 360 better even though MS are a bunch of greedy fuckers. It's got more of a fan base and the controller is way better and I used to be the biggest PS 2 homer.

PS3 seems to be the sharper system but not enough people use it and it has not lived up to it's hype yet.

The CEO
I HAVE had trouble getting matches on the PS3....maybe that's due to the time of day I play and the lacking fan base....I don't know....overall....the PS3 is best for me and my family.

and I've also decided I'm gonna keep my fuckin' off limited to Guitar Hero and Combat Sports games......still got GTA IV and will probably keep it....but I've traded in all my other games...
lloyd mayflower
iv not got the game yet, dont think its out in the uk for a day or 2 yet, but once im on il be more than happy to have a tear up with anyone. PS3 user name buckiewarrior
JLUVBABY
i still say they should have kept the buttons... so what the sticks make the game play beter.. i dont have time for learning that system... i am a working man... it was great to have the option for the button punches...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 24 2009, 09:15 PM) *
Look at all these newbies that use buttons. Time to learn how to fight like a pro jluv laugh.gif

i'm not a newbie.. i been playing the game since the original knockout kings on the original playstation... i just dont like the sticks... and i am not a button pusher.. a button pusher just presses buttons throwing caution to the wind... i work those buttons like a surgeon and knew where all my shots where going... im working on getting my game back to where it was with the sticks tho...
Douchebag
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 26 2009, 07:51 AM) *
i'm not a newbie.. i been playing the game since the original knockout kings on the original playstation... i just dont like the sticks... and i am not a button pusher.. a button pusher just presses buttons throwing caution to the wind... i work those buttons like a surgeon and knew where all my shots where going... im working on getting my game back to where it was with the sticks tho...

I'm with you J. I used a combination of the buttons and the sticks. I just felt that I could control the straights and uppercuts easier with the buttons. I basically used the sticks for the Hayemakers.
iron_mike
I'm a self admitted button masher...I got rd 4 yesterday, I don't know, maybe I didn't play it long enough...I just did Tyson vs Lewis then Hearns vs Leonard...with the new stick scheme, it seems you can throw more punches than mashing buttons....I need more time I guess...but I also got UFC and I'm NOT an MMA fan barely, but so far that game seems more fun
Byrd Man
Just put it in my Amazon cart to buy on the 1st. I've been playing the demo and I think I might be able to get used to the sticks. I won't like it as much as the buttons, but hopefully in the future the buttons are put in with a patch or something.

I saw some created boxers online of Rocky Balboa, Apollo Creed and Ivan Drago.

I got an idea of a couple to create as soon as I get the game...watch for it! lol
The CEO
lol....ain't nobody gon' use a Chris Byrd, man...and if they do...I'll use this Joe Louis I got and beat his face into lumpy gravy....
Byrd Man
loooooool, I'm sure Byrd will be available eventually in DLC or something.

Nah I had something else in mind.
iron_mike
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 26 2009, 08:46 AM) *
i still say they should have kept the buttons... so what the sticks make the game play beter.. i dont have time for learning that system... i am a working man... it was great to have the option for the button punches...

Damn right!! Why take it out?? Why not GIVE the player the option to mash away if he wants? Read somewhere buttons may be DLC sometime, hopefully soon, but I must say the analog stick seems much easier than in the previous 3 versions. Some of the fighters look nothing like themselves...I could've sworn Mosley was Toney..
Byrd Man
The Lennox Lewis one is the worst....don't look nothing like him.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Jun 26 2009, 03:57 PM) *
lol....ain't nobody gon' use a Chris Byrd, man...and if they do...I'll use this Joe Louis I got and beat his face into lumpy gravy....

lol. Actually this is what I wanted to do....

I know this movie sucks but I liked it and I would like to create boxers based on these two.

King Eugene
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jun 27 2009, 01:41 AM) *

I know this movie sucks but I liked it and I would like to create boxers based on these two.

Pretty good movie if you ask me!
CyruS
iron_mike
QUOTE (CyruS @ Jun 30 2009, 06:05 AM) *

fuck.gif thumbsup_anim.gif yahoo.gif thats fuckin hilarious!!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jun 27 2009, 05:41 AM) *

Are you kidding me Pappy Jack is a classic in that movie.
STEVENSKI
I may well pass onthis game now I see what cunt is on the cover

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 1 2009, 07:01 AM) *
Do what I'm going to do. I may just get a texter and possibly just scribble all over and black out his face. Or just print the international 360 cover off my computer and put it over the Mundine one.

I saw a great photo of Mundine on Sunday. It was in a memrobilia store where they sell all these framed photos & it was simply titled "the man" & had him laying unconcious in the ring. I was tempted to buy it.
JonnyBlaze
Has anyone mastered all the training methods??If so,what'd you do??I can only get champion on sparring and the sparring when hurt..Any tips??Right now I have a legacy career with Tommy Hearns,just beat Cotto and am ranked number 7..Yet,my stats are real shitty since I kept auto training..

This game is very different from Fight Night 3 and I am not as good with this one yet..I need to get better with the blocking and bob and weave in this one..I do however throw 255 punches in one round with Ali against Tyson,so the bionic thumb I told ya all about is still a factor(at first I didn't think it would be)..

The first fight I had in the game was Lennox Lewis vs. Tyson and KO'd Tyson..
Byrd Man
I'm going to be getting this game via UPS tomorrow morning. Can't wait to play it on PS3.

Looking to create some new boxers....wondering how that works if you don't have a cam. Do they have a thing where you just upload whatever images are on your PS3?

I can just transfer the face images onto the PS3 and just do it that way if so.

Boxers I'm thinking of doing:

1. Tommy Riley *Gladiator*
2. "Abraham" Lincoln Haines *Gladiator*
3. Me (so I can get knocked out by Tyson and then brag to everyone)
4. Chris Byrd...yeah...you know it. But old school Chris. Back when he was a problem for people with his speed and shit.
Byrd Man
I've spent the past hour trying to upload various pictures (me, other people I wanted to make a boxer from including Chris Byrd) and just about every single one of them has given me the "marker error" bullshit.

The only four that took were Michael C. Hall (from the Showtime series Dexter), Chris Byrd and Dan the Automator (Music Producer), and Terry O'Quinn (John Locke from Lost) and they look nothing like them.

Considering the CAB function was part of the reasons of why I got this game to begin with, I'm fairly pissed off. Their Gameface thing blows. Anyone had any luck?

I've seen some really good CAB's online, and some really terrible ones as well. The Barack Obama one was actually pretty good. (the one I got anyway).
EirbinX
im starting to hate the fights online i feel like im playin rock'em sock em robots or some shit like that
iron_mike
I'm disappointed....can't believe it got a 9 out of 10 from some ranking...maybe EGM.....glad I didn't pay...UFC, and I'm NOT an MMA fan (although it's starting to grow on me) is ALOT more fun, didn't pay for that as well....best move I made was paying 30 bucks to get my 360 modded, so I can burn any game out there and in a few hours, I can get any game....I burned all Call of Duty's, all Halo's, Resident Evil's Half Life, Dead Rising, etc. But Round 4 is a lil disappointment...maybe I'm not playing right
STEVENSKI
I don't like the counters in the game as they are way too powerful but just about everything else is a improvement. I also like the hooks to the body as you can throw more fluid combinations.
EirbinX
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 6 2009, 05:26 PM) *
Love the game, BIG improvement from Fight Night 3. Fight Night 3 got worse and worse every time I played it. The thing that's pissing me off is I can't do the photo game face. I'm not doing anything wrong, but it's not allowing me to connect to the ea server, even though I have my gamer tag and email all correct. It's really pissing me off.

did u sign in to the ea sports community cuz thats where u can upload the photos?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.