Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marquez - Mayweather back on in September?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
ESPN has on their site that Mayweather has been cleared by a doctor and the fight is back on....

Thoughts? Was this the plan the whole time or was Floyd essentially stuck with Marquez because he couldn't get another fight, and didn't wanna fight Mosley?
Michigan Assassin
I was pretty surprised to hear that they rescheduled this fight too.

Maybe the injury to Jr. was legit but I think they're rescheduling because it doesn't look like either Manny or Cotto would be available and Floyd wanted to get a tune up fight of sorts. Because if he waited around he'd be out of the ring for a hell of a long time.
D-MARV
Since we have are daily "Floyd Thread" up and running...

Yes this was his plan the whole time. He planned a BOGUS comeback the day of the superfight of the year. He knew that ticket sales weren't doing so good so he FAKED his rib injury so that he can postpone the date or possibly cancelled it.

Calderon, Darchinyan, and Izzy Vasquez turned down his offer to fight. I think it was a 92-8 split in favor of Floyd.

Floyd then found out that Shane was looking for a Mega Fight, so Floyd slipped his panties on and rescheduled his fight with Marquez so that he can avoid a potential beatdown at the hands of Shane.

Also...

Floyd was seen sleeping on the strip in Veags. Apparently, he was evicted from his home and he now owes the Gov't 10 million in back taxes.

How dare Floyd calling himself the best boxer in the world. He must be the only fighter out there that thinks that. SMH
caneman
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 26 2009, 05:49 PM) *

Yes this was his plan the whole time. He planned a BOGUS comeback the day of the superfight of the year. He knew that ticket sales weren't doing so good so he FAKED his rib injury so that he can postpone the date or possibly cancelled it.

Calderon, Darchinyan, and Izzy Vasquez turned down his offer to fight. I think it was a 92-8 split in favor of Floyd.

Floyd then found out that Shane was looking for a Mega Fight, so Floyd slipped his panties on and rescheduled his fight with Marquez so that he can avoid a potential beatdown at the hands of Shane.

Also...

Floyd was seen sleeping on the strip in Veags. Apparently, he was evicted from his home and he now owes the Gov't 10 million in back taxes.

How dare Floyd calling himself the best boxer in the world. He must be the only fighter out there that thinks that. SMH

lmfao
kidbazooka1
Marquez is gonna shock that muthaf*cker just waite and see.
torvix2000
The rib injury is fake.
torvix2000
And that's the time Gayweather needs to grow some balls he's lost.
EpTXCHAMP
question for hype!!!!!!!
does the undercard stay the same?

or they gonna try to add winky like reports said
torvix2000
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Jun 27 2009, 02:40 AM) *
question for hype!!!!!!!
does the undercard stay the same?

or they gonna try to add winky like reports said

I hope they add Winky Blinky so that the fight will shoo away even flies.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 26 2009, 09:49 PM) *

Also...

Man you know the truth.

As for the fight being back on Meh.
gbh32001
Why all of you guys hate Floyd? thumbsup_anim.gif Do you have any reason? I think nobody hold a reason for heating Floyd. If you will say you have the reason let me hear and let's validate.LOL!
Byrd Man
I'll tell you right now (before everyone else jumps in).

I can't stand his attitude. I don't like people who are rude, disrespectful and just outright arrogant. I can't stand people who disrespect others, who degrade and mock other people all in the name of "selling a fight". I didn't respect Ali for that shit and I don't respect Haye for that shit either. Same with Floyd.

I've said repeatedly the man has unGodly talent and skills, however I don't like his attitude, so that's why I don't care for Floyd. Whether it's all an act or what, I don't care. This is the route he's chosen to take.

He WANTS to be the bad guy, he WANTS to be "hated". So therefore he's hated. Then his fans get all pissed off and act like it's some atrocity that people talk shit about him.

This is what he asked for. This is what he's BEGGED for since he got into boxing.

So he's got it. Floyd's fans need to recognize that and accept it.
gbh32001
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jun 27 2009, 04:47 PM) *

I can't stand his attitude. I don't like people who are rude, disrespectful and just outright arrogant. I can't stand people who disrespect others, who degrade and mock other people all in the name of "selling a fight". I didn't respect Ali for that shit and I don't respect Haye for that shit either. Same with Floyd.

I've said repeatedly the man has unGodly talent and skills, however I don't like his attitude, so that's why I don't care for Floyd. Whether it's all an act or what, I don't care. This is the route he's chosen to take.

He WANTS to be the bad guy, he WANTS to be "hated". So therefore he's hated. Then his fans get all pissed off and act like it's some atrocity that people talk shit about him.

This is what he asked for. This is what he's BEGGED for since he got into boxing.

So he's got it. Floyd's fans need to recognize that and accept it.
Ohh the way I see it you must be a fan of Floyd. If you were not so, you're not in this dept so far.
WolfishPromistah
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jun 27 2009, 04:47 AM) *

I can't stand his attitude. I don't like people who are rude, disrespectful and just outright arrogant. I can't stand ...

So you’re equating that you don’t like them with the belief that Floyd’s fans should accept that he asked for the hate? Good. Now maybe PAY HIM. That’s the idea. He is asking for money because, as in the case of Ali, for instance, people want to see him get beaten; therefore, that aspect is part of why the gate demanded to see Ali was high.

Perhaps all Floyd’s haters gotta do is recognize, accept and get on click with the scheme of things, and support him and thus also “make” him a name as they did Delahoya, for instance; then the fights may continually be made easier, and “all” can “make themselves” happy – yet again – while supporting a winner who knows how to consistently do so without even the greater punching power that some others posses.

Nevertheless, all Floyd’s argued “should-be marketable ability” and wins do not make it so he doesn’t basically “need to” act mean-spirited in order to get folks to tune in, and just in hopes he’ll lose. And coincidentally, all because he’s trying to get paid for his skill he possesses to display for everyone...as some others of seeming lesser quality skill are and have been paid. Not that I’d suggest Floyd do so, but somehow I doubt that his advisors telling him to go to heavyweight would get many to pay to see him there, and this is not to imply a suggestion he really should.

Aside from all that, on a side note, I’m a guy who supports the thought that a higher percentage should go to the winner, which has been expressed on the boards here a number of times.
Keith
So the fight is rescheduled. I could care less. I wont be buying the PPV or watching his 24/7 series because PBF is boring and predictable at this point. Call me when he is fighting someone with a realistic shot at beating him.
rusty_trombone
so much for all the floyd is faking conjecture.
Michigan Assassin
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Jun 27 2009, 01:14 PM) *
so much for all the floyd is faking conjecture.

I don't think this clears the Floyd is faking thing. He may still have cancelled to let GBP have more time on the promotion but regardless I'm still surprised that it was rescheduled.

I'm going through one of my big fight withdrawls but I don't think this is the cure.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Jun 27 2009, 05:48 AM) *
Ohh the way I see it you must be a fan of Floyd. If you were not so, you're not in this dept so far.

You got THAT from everything I said? Wow! Just Wow!

QUOTE (WolfishPromistah @ Jun 27 2009, 08:56 AM) *
So you’re equating that you don’t like them with the belief that Floyd’s fans should accept that he asked for the hate? Good. Now maybe PAY HIM. That’s the idea. He is asking for money because, as in the case of Ali, for instance, people want to see him get beaten; therefore, that aspect is part of why the gate demanded to see Ali was high.

Perhaps all Floyd’s haters gotta do is recognize, accept and get on click with the scheme of things, and support him and thus also “make” him a name as they did Delahoya, for instance; then the fights may continually be made easier, and “all” can “make themselves” happy – yet again – while supporting a winner who knows how to consistently do so without even the greater punching power that some others posses.

Nevertheless, all Floyd’s argued “should-be marketable ability” and wins do not make it so he doesn’t basically “need to” act mean-spirited in order to get folks to tune in, and just in hopes he’ll lose. And coincidentally, all because he’s trying to get paid for his skill he possesses to display for everyone...as some others of seeming lesser quality skill are and have been paid. Not that I’d suggest Floyd do so, but somehow I doubt that his advisors telling him to go to heavyweight would get many to pay to see him there, and this is not to imply a suggestion he really should.

Aside from all that, on a side note, I’m a guy who supports the thought that a higher percentage should go to the winner, which has been expressed on the boards here a number of times.

I was a fool and put money into a Floyd PPV before (the DLH one) because I was under the mistaken assumption it would be a fight. Sadly it was not, and Floyd essentially lied to everyone watching his press coverage when he talked about knocking DLH out and how he was "gonna beat that ass".

Unless by "beat that ass" he meant avoid trading with him and dancing around. That might have been a smart strategy, but he disrespected the fans by promising them one thing so they'd pony up the dough, and then turned around and did something completely different.

So I refuse to put a single dime into his pocket again. I'd rather pay to see boxers actually fight each other. But that's just me.

And I have no obligation to pay him or support him just because I'm doing what Floyd wants in disliking him. He WANTS to be the bad guy. he WANTS everyone to hate him. And if he thinks that every single person who doesn't like him is going to pony up the dough to see him hopefully get knocked out, then he's more delusional than previously thought.

He knows everyone isn't going to do that, but he still wants to be the bad guy. The Tony Montana, the asshole that everyone roots against. he has no interest in being the nice guy that people like. He gets off on the boos and the hatred.

So therefore the fans of Floyd should accept that. They shouldn't attack those who don't like Floyd and talk shit about him, because we're just doing exactly what their favorite boxer would prefer to happen.

How can you get mad at people for doing what your favorite boxer wants? (not referring to you in that Wolfish).
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Michigan Assassin @ Jun 27 2009, 03:41 PM) *
I don't think this clears the Floyd is faking thing. He may still have cancelled to let GBP have more time on the promotion but regardless I'm still surprised that it was rescheduled.

I'm going through one of my big fight withdrawls but I don't think this is the cure.

yeah, nice reasoning.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jun 27 2009, 03:51 PM) *
You got THAT from everything I said? Wow! Just Wow!

I was a fool and put money into a Floyd PPV before (the DLH one) because I was under the mistaken assumption it would be a fight. Sadly it was not, and Floyd essentially lied to everyone watching his press coverage when he talked about knocking DLH out and how he was "gonna beat that ass".

Unless by "beat that ass" he meant avoid trading with him and dancing around. That might have been a smart strategy, but he disrespected the fans by promising them one thing so they'd pony up the dough, and then turned around and did something completely different.

So I refuse to put a single dime into his pocket again. I'd rather pay to see boxers actually fight each other. But that's just me.

And I have no obligation to pay him or support him just because I'm doing what Floyd wants in disliking him. He WANTS to be the bad guy. he WANTS everyone to hate him. And if he thinks that every single person who doesn't like him is going to pony up the dough to see him hopefully get knocked out, then he's more delusional than previously thought.

He knows everyone isn't going to do that, but he still wants to be the bad guy. The Tony Montana, the asshole that everyone roots against. he has no interest in being the nice guy that people like. He gets off on the boos and the hatred.

So therefore the fans of Floyd should accept that. They shouldn't attack those who don't like Floyd and talk shit about him, because we're just doing exactly what their favorite boxer would prefer to happen.

How can you get mad at people for doing what your favorite boxer wants? (not referring to you in that Wolfish).

there you go, just don't buy the PPV. don't knock the hustle, just don't support it.
D-MARV
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Jun 27 2009, 05:13 PM) *
there you go, just don't buy the PPV. don't knock the hustle, just don't support it.

That is probably the best post regarding Floyd in the last 2 years.
Keith
Not only will I not be purchasing the ppv, I hope JMM gets an extended hospital stay for voluntarily adding himself to PBFs highlight reel. spiteful.gif
D-MARV
I just read that Chris John-Rocky Juarez II may be added to the undercard. That along with Bute-Andrade makes for a pretty good card and just earned my 50 bucks.
KookedKrack
I'm not that big of a mayweather fan but I'm all for this fight JMM deserves a payday and he is a very smart fighter so ill probably end up watching it..........shit ive paid 50 bucks for wayyy worse boxing ppvs so i don't see whats the big deal
King Eugene
Mayweather said he'll pay Marquez 1 Mil in step aside money if Pac Man ask for the fight but he said it wont be a 50-50 split. In other words...this shit aint happening.

Sounds good tough.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=21034
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.