Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For those of you watching Friday Night Fights...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Romulus9
That may be the worst quick stoppage I've ever seen. If not, it's top 3. That's awful.
thehype
Agreed. Horrible.
Romulus9
Nice little piece with Oscar between fights. Is it odd that when I hear him say he loves being retired and all that... I don't believe a word of it?

He's a good businessman. A smart businessman. If Hatton gets through his next fight, be it against a tomato can, a mid-level 'opponent', or against obesity, I fully expect to see DLH-Hatton in 2010. BIG fight, no risk for Oscar, DLH destroys Hatton inside 6, gets a cool $20 million, and walks into the sunset with a win, leaving boxing with a win instead of with the image of him battered, bruised, and bleeding, quitting on his stool.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jun 26 2009, 09:36 PM) *
That may be the worst quick stoppage I've ever seen. If not, it's top 3. That's awful.

I missed it this week. What happened?

Jack
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jun 26 2009, 10:14 PM) *
Nice little piece with Oscar between fights. Is it odd that when I hear him say he loves being retired and all that... I don't believe a word of it?

He's a good businessman. A smart businessman. If Hatton gets through his next fight, be it against a tomato can, a mid-level 'opponent', or against obesity, I fully expect to see DLH-Hatton in 2010. BIG fight, no risk for Oscar, DLH destroys Hatton inside 6, gets a cool $20 million, and walks into the sunset with a win, leaving boxing with a win instead of with the image of him battered, bruised, and bleeding, quitting on his stool.

i agree no fighter wants to go out the way he did..even if not against hatton i think we will see a farewell fight... and the amount of money he would make even now would make another fight worth while win or lose...
happygocampy
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 27 2009, 02:08 AM) *
I missed it this week. What happened?

Jack

Some guy landed a solid right, the other guy staggered a bit and was then hit with 2 not so clean shots and the ref stopped it. Joe Tessitore asked the ref what he saw and the ref said he looked into the fighters eyes and saw a blank stare. Watching the replay, it was hard to see but it looked like the ref never really got into position to get a good look at the guys eyes, you saw him walk around the guys back and come in at an angle glancing into his eyes for a split sec, mind you this in slow mo replay, and the ref never looked at the fighters eye again as he stopped it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.