Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Abraham vs. Oral: TAPE DELAYED On Showtime@8PM CST
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
All Fight Hypers,

Please note that the Abraham-Opel fight for the IBF Middleweight Title on Showtime tonight at 8PM CST is tape delayed. The live German call will have happened APPROXIMATELY 4-5 hours earlier. If you want to watch the Showtime tape-delayed broadcast without knowing the result, DO NOT LOOK INSIDE THE THREAD after 4PM CST today just to be safe.

This thread will REPLACE the traditional round-by round thread that we would normally use had this fight been live.

If any users know the result YOU MUST KEEP THE RESULTS INSIDE THIS THREAD, so as not to spoil it for other users who want to watch the fight on Showtime tonight. DO NOT MAKE A NEW RESULT THREAD THAT GIVES AWAY THE OUTCOME! If you do, you will get a 30% warning added to your account for knowingly posting a spoiler. New users will face a stiffer penalty looking to cause trouble by making spoiler threads. They WILL have their account suspended for 2 days. No excuses, no exceptions.

Jack

Administrator
caneman
AA stops him in 10 rounds! I just watched it on JTV!
D-MARV
I saw that as well. I'm glad he's moving up to 168. He hasn't looked that good in his last 3 or 4 fights.
caneman
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jun 27 2009, 05:59 PM) *
I saw that as well. I'm glad he's moving up to 168. He hasn't looked that good in his last 3 or 4 fights.

I agree, so many I know was saying how bad he would wax Pavlik & while Pavlik needs to come up with more than just a double jab & a str8 rthand, I think it was a close match up that could go either way! Kinda a styles makes fights thing!
JLUVBABY
i think pavlik would spank abraham if i judge arthur off this fight.. i saw holes on abraham that pavlik would fully exploit...
The Original MrFactor
Abraham's got that Winky/Clottey defense with bricks in his hands. Pavlik needs to step up to the plate. Abraham is willing to come to the US and fight him. No excuses. Its a fight we all would like to see. It needs to happen this year.
Jack 1000
For a guy that had no chance Oral did very well. I had him taking the first four rounds. Abraham's like a cobra that can strike at any time with great power. Let's see how he reacts to pressure the way Miranda did it in fight#1. How would he do with the pressure of a Pavlik? Could he afford to start slow?

Jack
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 28 2009, 04:05 AM) *
For a guy that had no chance Oral did very well. I had him taking the first four rounds. Abraham's like a cobra that can strike at any time with great power. Let's see how he reacts to pressure the way Miranda did it in fight#1. How would he do with the pressure of a Pavlik? Could he afford to start slow?

Jack

I'm really interested to see if Pavlik is the same guy after Hopkins. I think certain elements of his game have been exposed. He's really a 1-2 guy. Its usually a pretty hard and steady 1-2, 1-2, 1-2, which I think makes him very predictable. Abraham is patient and unpredictable. When he's ready he absolutely explodes on you out of nowhere. Not sure how that would mesh against Pavliks steady 1-2's. I really want to see this fight. I would not be shocked to see Abraham take it by KO. Quiet as kept, I would like to see Calzaghe or Hopkins and Abraham meet at 68...
JLUVBABY
i will say to me this wasnt abrahams best fight but if he fights pavlik like he fought oral he loses.. probably by knockout... i dont think abraham can stand up to the punches of pavlik that oral landed...
Jack 1000
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 28 2009, 11:21 AM) *
i will say to me this wasn't Abraham's best fight but if he fights pavlik like he fought oral he loses.. probably by knockout... i don't think Abraham can stand up to the punches of pavlik that oral landed...

I tend to agree. I was really surprised at Oral's first four rounds of success. I wonder if the conventional wisdom is Pavlik early and Abraham middle to late? Abraham gets stronger as the fight goes on. The longer this fight goes, especially if Pavlik has done his best and King Arther is getting better as rounds go by, the more Pavlik psychologically thinks of Hopkins, and that's not a good thing. Abraham seems to be this rally through hell to get very strong later. (He would be a great example for the defense of 15 round fights brought back.) Pavlik can create his own pressure and fire coming back from disaster to win. (Taylor I.) But the unanswered question is how much did Hopkins take out of Pavlik where he could still come out on top in a pressure situation?

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.