Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Most Padded Record Ever?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
salvador
I just went on boxrec.com to get some idea of who Darchinyan's next opponent, Joseph Agbeco, was. He's from Ghana and he's the IBF bantamweight champ. Two things stood out about his record:

1.) Of his 27 opponents, 17 of them had NEVER WON A FIGHT. And 3 of his remaining 10 opponents had a combined total of 8 wins. To be fair, most of those fights took place in Africa and maybe they just didn't have records that were acceptable for boxrec.com - but several of those winless opponents were like 0-1-0 or 0-4-0. So who knows? But I don't think I've ever seen anything like that.

2.) Agbeco's last opponent, Luis Perez, does have a win over Dimitri Kirillov, who was Darchinyan's last opponent (Darchinyan won by 5th round ko).

I suppose that after Arce and Mijares, Darchinyan deserves an easy fight on Showtime - something to make him look spectacular. Maybe Showtime has a long term contract with Darchinyan (though I thought Showtime did all its business on a fight by fight basis).

BigG
Boxrec is not always accurate in records of lesser known fighters.....I don't believe all his opponents had records like that .
JD
Agbeko is a legitimate fighter.
D-MARV
QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 27 2009, 03:56 PM) *
I just went on boxrec.com to get some idea of who Darchinyan's next opponent, Joseph Agbeco, was. He's from Ghana and he's the IBF bantamweight champ. Two things stood out about his record:

1.) Of his 27 opponents, 17 of them had NEVER WON A FIGHT. And 3 of his remaining 10 opponents had a combined total of 8 wins. To be fair, most of those fights took place in Africa and maybe they just didn't have records that were acceptable for boxrec.com - but several of those winless opponents were like 0-1-0 or 0-4-0. So who knows? But I don't think I've ever seen anything like that.

2.) Agbeco's last opponent, Luis Perez, does have a win over Dimitri Kirillov, who was Darchinyan's last opponent (Darchinyan won by 5th round ko).

I suppose that after Arce and Mijares, Darchinyan deserves an easy fight on Showtime - something to make him look spectacular. Maybe Showtime has a long term contract with Darchinyan (though I thought Showtime did all its business on a fight by fight basis).

LMAO!!!!

Good Catch. though, this could be dangerous too. The guy has never been tested before. No one knows what he's about.
salvador
QUOTE (JD @ Jun 27 2009, 03:04 PM) *
Agbeko is a legitimate fighter.

I hope you're right because I'm planning my Saturday night around it.
AussieLad
Agbeko has power and a good chin, thats about it. He looked slow, bad footwork, not overly skilled, in his last fight. He will get flogged by darchinyan, though his chin will mean he may survive till the end.

This is just a setup fight for montiel hopefully, so darchinyan has a belt and they can call it a unification fight. More $$$. Like the kirilov fight setup the mijares match
JD
QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 27 2009, 04:16 PM) *
I hope you're right because I'm planning my Saturday night around it.

Agbeko has very good stamina and comes on as the fight goes on. He can punch and he can take a terrific shot...he is going to make Vic work. I think this is going to be a fun fight.
JLUVBABY
there has been a lot more padded records then adbeko...
STEVENSKI
He is the IBF Bantamweight champion & I get the feeling that becoming a 3 division champion is important to Vic.
torvix2000
Nonito Donaire's next opponent is who?

I think Donaire and Darch should fight 10 more times. It would be exciting! LOL!
Spyder
Brian Nielsen was 62-1 when he fought Mike Tyson.

Morrade Hakkar was 31-3 when he fought Hopkins.
PUERTOROCKS
Yori-boy Campus
BGv2.0
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jun 28 2009, 11:43 PM) *
Brian Nielsen was 62-1 when he fought Mike Tyson.

Nielson had some very good names on his resume though. NOW...it can be argued on a few of those calls if it were not home cooking in Denmark.

BUT...he fought guys like Purrity, Dixon, De Leon, Tubbs, Holmes, Witherspoon, Orlin Norris, Jeremy Williams, Phil Jackson, Garring Lane, Lionel Butler.

He had a long list of named, worthy opposition.

Personally I think David Rodriguez has the most padded record going at the moment. At least at HW.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.