Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does Anyone Have The New IE 8? (XP or Vista)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Jack 1000
Some say it is really fast and much better than IE 7. Others say it is painfully slow and has messed up their computers. Microsoft is pushing this through Windows Update where you will get a notice about the download, but you get a choice to either:
  • Install
  • Don't Install
  • Ask Later

If you select "Don't Install" you won't be prompted again. The biggest complaints are that as of now IE 8 is too slow. There is not much middle ground, people either like it or hate it. I have IE 7 and Firefox 3 and religiously practice safe computing. What OS do you have? (XP or Vista.) How do you like IE 8? What configurations did you have to do to install it and make it run well? What settings do you like and dislike? If you uninstalled it, how did that work out?

Jack
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 28 2009, 02:58 AM) *
Some say it is really fast and much better than IE 7. Others say it is painfully slow and has messed up their computers. Microsoft is pushing this through Windows Update where you will get a notice about the download, but you get a choice to either:
  • Install
  • Don't Install
  • Ask Later

If you select "Don't Install" you won't be prompted again. The biggest complaints are that as of now IE 8 is too slow. There is not much middle ground, people either like it or hate it. I have IE 7 and Firefox 3 and religiously practice safe computing. What OS do you have? (XP or Vista.) How do you like IE 8? What configurations did you have to do to install it and make it run well? What settings do you like and dislike? If you uninstalled it, how did that work out?

Jack

I have it and dont really notice any differences in speed or anything. Same ol stuff...
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 28 2009, 04:22 AM) *
IE is garbage, I have it, but only use it for sites that don't support firefox. I installed the new IE when I did my windows update, but haven't used it. I use firefox instead of IE, don't like IE and plus firefox can be customised so much more and it's a little safer than IE. I remember I was on a board one time, and somebody posted a link (not to deliberately give people viruses), and the link was giving everybody viruses. The funny thing was, the only people that got the virus were IE users, it didn't effect anybody that was using firefox.

I also did have Vista, but switched back to XP. To be honest, I didn't have any major problems with Vista, but just thought XP was more reliable and Vista ate up more of your ram when you weren't doing anything. The other funny thing is that Microsoft were supposed to end there support for XP I think last year or something at sometime, but they ended up extending their support because not as many people made the switch to Vista as they would have liked.

Yea,

I heard XP is going to be supported until April 2014, because so many people had trouble with Vista. By that time, Windows 7 should be in full swing. I've always liked XP.

Jack
caneman
I will never use IE again unless I had to...there is really no reason to! Firefox even has a plug-in to use activeX! Using IE is like going to a bar, picking up a girl & fcuking her raw in every hole without a condom....all I can say is no thanks!
BGv2.0
Firefox all the way! I hate just about anything Microsoft.....from shitty XP to shitty Vista to shitty IE.....after this CPU dies...I will move to a mac as Microsoft has forced me with their bug riddled, virus attracting crap!

Microsoft has not been worth a shit since Windows 97 or so......man....those programs were as smooth as a virgin's honeypot on Prom night!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.