Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Margarito to return to the WBC Rankings
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
King Eugene
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=20786

Hell I forgot all about his ring return in September in Mexico. I wonder who will he be matched against.
Romulus9
If I were his opponent, as a joke, I'd send 35 representatives into his dressing room to inspect his handwraps, half of them in lab coats. To piss him off, I'd have them object to everything and make them re-wrap his hands 7 or 8 times, even if there was nothing wrong.

I hope he loses. Plasterito can suck it.
Keith
I wonder if it even matters. His "aura" has disapeared. I dont think tier 1 fighters will fear his punching power any longer. Or his chin. Fighters now know he can be hurt.
caneman
I think it's amazing that he still only has a 1 year when I think it should have been lifetime honestly. It will be interesting to see who will even fight him!
King Eugene
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jul 1 2009, 09:17 PM) *
If I were his opponent, as a joke, I'd send 35 representatives into his dressing room to inspect his handwraps, half of them in lab coats. To piss him off, I'd have them object to everything and make them re-wrap his hands 7 or 8 times, even if there was nothing wrong.

I hope he loses. Plasterito can suck it.

LMAO...now that would be funny. They probably wouldn't go on with the fight.

On a more serious not though, I think he still has an iron chin...it just takes iron fist constantly landing hay makers on it to hurt him.
JonnyBlaze
I hope Marg. gets booed every place that he fights from now on..Hopefully his mexican fans agree with me since they are always die hard for their mexican fighters..
Jack 1000
They might booo and even throw shit in the ring as a protest. Seriously though, who would want to fight him? That should have been a lifetime ban. Shit, is he gonna have the same trainer as if nothing has happened? Boxing fans aren't that stupid.

Jack
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 1 2009, 09:38 PM) *
They might booo and even throw shit in the ring as a protest. Seriously though, who would want to fight him? That should have been a lifetime ban. Shit, is he gonna have the same trainer as if nothing has happened? Boxing fans aren't that stupid.

Jack

Yeah,who the hell wants to see him fight again..I'd like to see him tied up against the ropes and have someone get the plaster wraps around their hands and beat him so he knows how it feels..
provo
Plasterito should be Baned from boxing with everything he has done in his boxing carrer throw out of the books! And erase other fighters loses to this man ! I have a hard time believing that this was the first time he ever did it... and him not knowing ..THAT'S BULLSHIT! .When your hands get wraped by a trainer u sit down stick out your hand and they begin to wrap and you watch,u want comfort on the hands..HE'S a FUKIN LIAR...
He doesn't deserve to be the ring at ALLL....
EirbinX
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jul 1 2009, 09:01 PM) *

Smh. I still can't believe they let this guy fight. I blame Bob Arum for sayin that dumb shit after the fight that he will never hold a card in L.A. ever again cuz his boy is a Fuckin cheater. I think he has something to do with his year suspention. If it wasn't for him i think Margarito would have life right now
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (provo @ Jul 2 2009, 03:28 AM) *
Plasterito should be Baned from boxing with everything he has done in his boxing carrer throw out of the books! And erase other fighters loses to this man ! I have a hard time believing that this was the first time he ever did it... and him not knowing ..THAT'S BULLSHIT! .When your hands get wraped by a trainer u sit down stick out your hand and they begin to wrap and you watch,u want comfort on the hands..HE'S a FUKIN LIAR...
He doesn't deserve to be the ring at ALLL....

Like Roy & Toney with their drug cheating. I have said that before as they are just as bad cheats & could be worse as drugs make you stronger & give a unfair advantage where you can batter & cause permanant damage to your opponent. Chuck Mosley in there as well & Vargas too.
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 2 2009, 07:21 PM) *
Like Roy & Toney with their drug cheating. I have said that before as they are just as bad cheats & could be worse as drugs make you stronger & give a unfair advantage where you can batter & cause permanant damage to your opponent. Chuck Mosley in there as well & Vargas too.

Cheating is cheating dont get me wrong but I think plaster is a whole lot worse than performance enhancers. Would you rather fight a guy that was on roids or had bricked up gloves?
Keith
Cheating is cheating. Some ped's are worse then others in boxing. Roids that are designed to build muscle do not provide a a distinct advantage in the ring. The concept of weight classes mutes that "advantage". Go ahead and build more muscle, you'll just have to fight a larger stronger man anyway. Amphetamines or "blood dopers" are a different story.
King Eugene
QUOTE (keith @ Jul 2 2009, 08:50 PM) *
Cheating is cheating. Some ped's are worse then others in boxing. Roids that are designed to build muscle do not provide a a distinct advantage in the ring. The concept of weight classes mutes that "advantage". Go ahead and build more muscle, you'll just have to fight a larger stronger man anyway. Amphetamines or "blood dopers" are a different story.

Agreed!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jul 3 2009, 01:24 AM) *
Cheating is cheating dont get me wrong but I think plaster is a whole lot worse than performance enhancers. Would you rather fight a guy that was on roids or had bricked up gloves?

Well someone with superhuman strength & speed is giving a increase to the velocity & impact of the punch. Loading gloves is making them heavier & thus makes the punch have a lower velocity with a higher impact. Roids are worse when you think about it as that does both.

There are different types of juice that can help increase stamina & boost blood cell count to reduce fatigue. As a fight goes on & the naturally aspirated fighter begins to feel drained the juiced one can continue to fight at a higher more efficient pace doing more damage. It is pretty obvious really.
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 2 2009, 09:08 PM) *
Well someone with superhuman strength & speed is giving a increase to the velocity & impact of the punch. Loading gloves is making them heavier & thus makes the punch have a lower velocity with a higher impact. Roids are worse when you think about it as that does both.

There are different types of juice that can help increase stamina & boost blood cell count to reduce fatigue. As a fight goes on & the naturally aspirated fighter begins to feel drained the juiced one can continue to fight at a higher more efficient pace doing more damage. It is pretty obvious really.

Yea ok but it doesn't make them smarter, it doesn't make their chin better, it doesn't make them unhittable, and it doesn't give them the ability to be outboxed. Fact of the matter is, they have to land punches in order for any cheating they are doing to be affective. Its just my opinion that getting hit by a fighter with loaded gloves is far worse than getting hit by a fighter on roids. Shane didn't stop Oscar and it took Roy 11 rounds to get Hall out of there yet he was still on his feet. True Hall was tested positive in the same fight but you get my point. Margarito absolutely destroyed Cintron and Cotto.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jul 3 2009, 04:13 AM) *
Yea ok but it doesn't make them smarter, it doesn't make their chin better, it doesn't make them unhittable, and it doesn't give them the ability to be outboxed. Fact of the matter is, they have to land punches in order for any cheating they are doing to be affective.

Nor does loading your gloves & making them heavier. It would actually be a disadvantage & you would have to be a better boxer to land punches as they would be slower.
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 3 2009, 02:10 AM) *
Nor does loading your gloves & making them heavier. It would actually be a disadvantage & you would have to be a better boxer to land punches as they would be slower.

I dont think it would be noticeably slower. Margarito didn't look slower than normal against Cotto. It can be argued that he didn't use the plaster then and it can be argued how can you compare slow and slow but you get my point.
AussieLad
Your point being that he may not have cheated and thats why his punches looked normal?

Personally, i would like to know just how heavier a loaded glove is over a normal glove, because i am guessing its not much (the substance margs was using that is)
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 4 2011, 07:47 AM) *
Ok, I been reading somewhere else about Margarito's hand wrap issue. From what I understood, there was plaster like substance that Margarito got caught with. This is what someone has been saying.

Anyone know about this? I haven't heard this before, or I would be curious to hear what hype says or knows. I'm sure he probably knows more about this stuff than us.

This all sounds good in theory except for a couple of things. Cheato's corner in the end did admit to their culpability in loading the glovs and secondly if it WAS a Golden Boy conspiracy don't you think that Arum if he had an OUNCE of decent evidence wouldn't have counter-sued for all he is worth?

If the commission screwed this up and wrongly banned Cheaterito then we are talking a multi multi million dollar lawsuit.
Hops
I think it's safe to say that there is some truth to that release. NY gave Margarito a go signal to fight. They said that there's really no evidence to deprive Margarito of his livelihood.
Snoop
I'd like to know the sources of that guy's info. From the way he writes, it sounds like he's talking out of his ass.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 4 2011, 08:36 AM) *
I don't believe the argument was that he was innocent. I think they are saying that it was not plaster like Naseem said he saw and a block fell out. It was just extra gauze, like Trinidad was caught with. So when asked for the evidence, apparently it was lost.
Yes the trainer did admit to it, but the issue was whether it was plaster like Richardson said, or was it just extra gauze used?

I'd say the difference between the pads Margarito got caught with and a normal pad would make them pretty similar to a block of plaster. And it wasn't extra gauze it was a pad with a hard white substance on it and pretty visible stains on it.
edd098

Enter as Mexican……………….…Leave as Chinese!!!!
Snoop
QUOTE (edd098 @ Feb 22 2011, 01:46 PM) *
Enter as Mexican……………….…Leave as Chinese!!!!

laugh.gif

Fucked up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.