Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marquez is not going to quit like De La Hoya
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
thehype
Yo, when I saw this, I almost...ALMOST...felt kind of bad for Oscar.

That was some funny shit, but it's also a reminder of what a fighter has to live with when their actions are in the spotlight to be scrutinized by the millions watching around the world.

Of course, the money in the bank sure does make it easy to deal with that.

laugh.gif

Box in Hand
Marquez won't quit and that is going to lead him to catch an ass whipping. I don't foresee a KO cause Mayweather isn't that type but I do see a bloody Marquez who gets beat all 12 rounds by a methodical Mayweather. Marquez is working on increasing his strength because he is going to try and penetrate May's philly shell. It takes more than strength to beat May so be prepared for death by a thousands papercuts.

Side Note: As much as I hate De La Hoya there is nothing sadder than watching a boxer go out on his stool like he did.
lloyd mayflower
i think theres every chance of a mayweather KO. Marquez is stepping up from 135 and altho he is fairly tough, so was hatton and he stepped up from 140, in his prime. wouldnt be shocked to see marquez sparked, altho i would be fuckin gutted
Douchebag
It would be a damn shame it if Marquez coming for 135 is the aggressor in this fight.
EirbinX
i want to ask how can u guys put your money on someone who hasn't boxed in a year and a half against someone who in that time span has fought in three VERY Great fight against top notch fighters including Incredible boxers like Casamayor and Pacquiao. I'm not sayin there is no way Floyd will win But this is not gonna be a fresh Floyd. Sparing is not the same as being in that ring against a boxer puncher like Marquez
Box in Hand
QUOTE (EirbinX @ Jul 2 2009, 10:51 AM) *
i want to ask how can u guys put your money on someone who hasn't boxed in a year and a half against someone who in that time span has fought in three VERY Great fight against top notch fighters including Incredible boxers like Casamayor and Pacquiao. I'm not sayin there is no way Floyd will win But this is not gonna be a fresh Floyd. Sparing is not the same as being in that ring against a boxer puncher like Marquez

This is true but that can be said against a fighter who doesn't train in their layoff (Winky Wright) and who isn't an elite level athlete. Floyd stayed in shape. Look for Floyd to be cautious for the first few rounds and then start pouring it on around the 5th. He's had very long layoffs before and still went on to dominate.
Keith
Dude I cant stop laughing! Why is everything so much funnier in slow mo?
Spyder
laugh.gif

Oscar has been catching shit since 1999 when he ran away from Tito...it's probably comical to him at this point.
EirbinX
that shit is fuckin funny. mexicans r bold i don't think i would say that shit to his face like that, but props to him tho
JLUVBABY
damn oscar had to feel that in his gut...lol... marquez wont quit cuzz he is a warrior but i dont give the fight to many rounds before its obvious that mayweather is out classing him... i agree with box in hand on this one i look for marquez to be a bloody mess... but i also feel he could be stopped on cuts or corner just having enough seeing their man just cant win... this is a prime example of getting what you asked for... marquez is getting the exact fight he asked for on camera in his last fight...
provo
I agree with Box in Hand" a bloody marquez but I see floyd knocking him out...reason why? Cause pac couldn't ! There's a lot of hype of pac as the best right now! But a lot of people "including floyd" believe Marquez beat pac .IMO he came back for marquez to prove he's the best and he will destroy him .this fight will be gatti part 2!
gbh32001
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 3 2009, 06:38 AM) *
damn oscar had to feel that in his gut...lol... marquez wont quit cuzz he is a warrior but i dont give the fight to many rounds before its obvious that mayweather is out classing him... i agree with box in hand on this one i look for marquez to be a bloody mess... but i also feel he could be stopped on cuts or corner just having enough seeing their man just cant win... this is a prime example of getting what you asked for... marquez is getting the exact fight he asked for on camera in his last fight...
JMM is a one notch below intelligent than Pacquiao in the ring, I give him 5-7 under Floyd because of Floyd's on punch tactic and run away. If he comes up with 6-6 without knockdown, I'm not surprise. But the judges will give it to Floyd because of bigger money involve in fighting Pacquiao.
gbh32001
QUOTE (provo @ Jul 3 2009, 09:21 AM) *
I agree with Box in Hand" a bloody marquez but I see floyd knocking him out...reason why? Cause pac couldn't ! There's a lot of hype of pac as the best right now! But a lot of people "including floyd" believe Marquez beat pac .IMO he came back for marquez to prove he's the best and he will destroy him .this fight will be gatti part 2!
You want to bet?JMM will last the distance against Floyd unless for a bad cut intevention.
JD
One thing that I noticed in this video is the guy yells out "he didn't want to fight Margarito!"

Watch...after all this shit, Margarito is going to come back and be more popular - and in turn, probably more marketable. I think, and have thought, that Cotto will fight him again.
Douchebag
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Jul 3 2009, 12:07 AM) *
JMM is a one notch below intelligent than Pacquiao in the ring, I give him 5-7 under Floyd because of Floyd's on punch tactic and run away. If he comes up with 6-6 without knockdown, I'm not surprise. But the judges will give it to Floyd because of bigger money involve in fighting Pacquiao.

LMAO JMM is a smarter fighter than Pac. SMH.
Douchebag
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 3 2009, 11:21 AM) *
One thing that I noticed in this video is the guy yells out "he didn't want to fight Margarito!"

Watch...after all this shit, Margarito is going to come back and be more popular - and in turn, probably more marketable. I think, and have thought, that Cotto will fight him again.

Cotto should steer clear from Marg unless he gets a new trainer to tweek his style.
JD
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Jul 3 2009, 12:58 PM) *
Cotto should steer clear from Marg unless he gets a new trainer to tweek his style.

I don't disagree...but Cotto is a proud dude and I think that he would love nothing more than to bang Margarito out and erase the first fight.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Jul 3 2009, 12:07 AM) *

if juan diaz gave jmm hell for most of that fight floyd is gonna disect him... that jab is gonna be like a scapple on marquez...
gbh32001
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Jul 4 2009, 12:55 AM) *
LMAO JMM is a smarter fighter than Pac. SMH.
WHAT?????????????come again????????where did you get your facts?LOL!
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Jul 4 2009, 10:57 AM) *
WHAT?????????????come again????????where did you get your facts?LOL!

yeah, marquez is a very intelligent fighter in the ring. great counter puncher, and more solid technically he's certainly a more intelligent fighter than pac. Pac is the better fighter overall, and probably has the better corner but Marquez is definitely smarter
D-MARV
Marquez Ring IQ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pacquiao's Ring IQ
Keith
Marquez does have a better ring IQ then Pac. It wont matter against PBF. PBF has a genius ring IQ. I think it will be a short fight. Floyd wants all the negotiating leverage he can muster against Pac (assuming Pac beats Cotto). Once PBF feels JMM out for a round or 2, he will let those 1-2's go. Marquez will not be big or fast enough to take many of them.
Jack 1000
The dream of dreams that I had for years was Mayweather losing just to shut his mouth. Taking his layoff into consideration, I expect Marquez to give Floyd a decent fight, but sadly Floyd will probably win around 116-112 on two cards and 117-111 on the third. Marquez does not punch hard enough to hurt Floyd, and as good a boxer as Marquez is, Mayweather is still too slick. But Marquez is no Sosa or N'dou either. Mayweather by typical UD.

Jack
gbh32001
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Jul 4 2009, 11:47 PM) *
yeah, marquez is a very intelligent fighter in the ring. great counter puncher, and more solid technically he's certainly a more intelligent fighter than pac. Pac is the better fighter overall, and probably has the better corner but Marquez is definitely smarter
You're contradicting yourself my friend. An intelligent fighter will never be outbest by another fighter. JMM look intelligent because he survives the onslaught of Manny Pacquiao but that's not mean that he is more intelligent than Pac in the ring. Pac intelligence in the ring was understamated by everybody, but if you analyze it well, how come JMM did not win given the fact that he was given a rematch. He give Manny the hard time both match 1 and 2 but JMM failed twice to outsmart Manny. By virtue of the judge's error which the judge admit, JMM came to draw. He was given a second chance only to be 1 point below the score of the first encounter. Now, how he become more intelligent than Manny if he did not overcome the adversaries twice?Intelligence=The ability to comprehend; to understand and profit from experience, JMM failed twice in this difinition thus I will always say that he is one notch lower the intelligence of Pac in the ring.
gbh32001
QUOTE (keith @ Jul 5 2009, 01:55 AM) *
Marquez does have a better ring IQ then Pac. It wont matter against PBF. PBF has a genius ring IQ. I think it will be a short fight. Floyd wants all the negotiating leverage he can muster against Pac (assuming Pac beats Cotto). Once PBF feels JMM out for a round or 2, he will let those 1-2's go. Marquez will not be big or fast enough to take many of them.
BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH JMM has a better IQ than Pac?Come' on man, where did you get your facts?JMM has the ability to counterpunch that's all.He can't outsmart Pac. If not for the greatness of Pacquiao JMM will be in the limbo right now. Boxing world only notice JMM counterpunching style because everybody beaten by Pac black and blue yet JMM stood his ground against him. That's JMM legacy,always behind Pacman's greatness.Did you try to compare Pac-Barrera and JMM-Barrera?If you have intelligence to disect who is better IQ than those 3 maybe you will change your statement. Don't carried out because JMM survived against Pac and you will say he is more intelligent, but you have to give credit to Pac for making JMM a blodied warrior.
Keith
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Jul 4 2009, 10:10 PM) *
BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH JMM has a better IQ than Pac?Come' on man, where did you get your facts?JMM has the ability to counterpunch that's all.He can't outsmart Pac. If not for the greatness of Pacquiao JMM will be in the limbo right now. Boxing world only notice JMM counterpunching style because everybody beaten by Pac black and blue yet JMM stood his ground against him. That's JMM legacy,always behind Pacman's greatness.Did you try to compare Pac-Barrera and JMM-Barrera?If you have intelligence to disect who is better IQ than those 3 maybe you will change your statement. Don't carried out because JMM survived against Pac and you will say he is more intelligent, but you have to give credit to Pac for making JMM a blodied warrior.

Never anywhere in my post did I say JMM was a better fighter then Pac. Pac by no means has a low ring IQ. I never said that. Pac has physical gifts which no other fighter possesses. Thats why he beat JMM.

Question for you... If Pac has a higher ring IQ then JMM, why was he not able to figure out how to finish him off after he knocked him down in either fight?

If you look at physical tools alone, Pac has a clear advantage over JMM in every way. Faster feet, faster hands, more powerful puncher, physically stronger... yet he couldnt finish him off. Why?... because JMM was smart enough to figure out how to survive and how to neutralize Pacs physical advantages.

Stop being a Pac nuthugger and think about things a bit more methodically.
torvix2000
It's so hard to tell. Boxing is more complicated than the "STYLES MAKE FIGHTS" theory.
torvix2000
Mabe Chris John is smarter than Marquez.
Or maybe Marquez stabilizes his neurons faster after getting knocked down.
Maybe "Styles make fights" conjecture came into play and not just "ring IQ" conjecture.
Keith
Stabilizes his nuerons? wtf.gif
gbh32001
QUOTE (keith @ Jul 5 2009, 10:45 AM) *
Never anywhere in my post did I say JMM was a better fighter then Pac. Pac by no means has a low ring IQ. I never said that. Pac has physical gifts which no other fighter possesses. Thats why he beat JMM.

Question for you... If Pac has a higher ring IQ then JMM, why was he not able to figure out how to finish him off after he knocked him down in either fight?

If you look at physical tools alone, Pac has a clear advantage over JMM in every way. Faster feet, faster hands, more powerful puncher, physically stronger... yet he couldnt finish him off. Why?... because JMM was smart enough to figure out how to survive and how to neutralize Pacs physical advantages.

Stop being a Pac nuthugger and think about things a bit more methodically.
Nope,I'm not a Pac nuthugger, JMM is a skillfull counter puncher however he can't outsmart Pac.He can't outsmart Pac that means he has lower IQ than Pac. Pac is a genius in the ring that nobody recognize that,his awkwardness is a unique in nature that nobody possessed since the boxing begun. Even Floyd take 10 rounds to blast Ricky Hatton, Pac did it in in 2. Intelligence comes with resources and Pac know how to use them against JMM and JMM can't topple it,intiende?
That is why I always say that JMM is below one notch of Pacquiao, if ever they will do it again and JMM can overcome that then by that time your argument is valid. JMM has a higher IQ than Pac is a myth unless otherwise he can prove it on their 3rd encounter but as of now a fact is a fact.
torvix2000
Or perhaps Pacquiao has a better ring IQ since he has beaten Barrera more than Marquez has beaten Barrera. Or perhaps... perhaps... perhaps...

Or perhaps Marquez is designed to counter Pacquiao's style.

Or perhaps Marquez has handspeed that is equal to Pac.
torvix2000
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Jul 5 2009, 04:31 AM) *
Nope,I'm not a Pac nuthugger, JMM is a skillfull counter puncher however he can't outsmart Pac.He can't outsmart Pac that means he has lower IQ than Pac. Pac is a genius in the ring that nobody recognize that,his awkwardness is a unique in nature that nobody possessed since the boxing begun. Even Floyd take 10 rounds to blast Ricky Hatton, Pac did it in in 2. Intelligence comes with resources and Pac know how to use them against JMM and JMM can't topple it,intiende?
That is why I always say that JMM is below one notch of Pacquiao, if ever they will do it again and JMM can overcome that then by that time your argument is valid. JMM has a higher IQ than Pac is a myth unless otherwise he can prove it on their 3rd encounter but as of now a fact is a fact.

Perhaps Hatton is shot.

Or perhaps JMM really did beat Pacquiao... or not... or Pac really did JMM...

Or perhaps JMM couldn't prevent himself from getting knocked down contrary to what he promised...

Or perhaps those judges don't have any IQ at all...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Jul 5 2009, 03:31 AM) *
Pac is a genius in the ring that nobody recognize that,his awkwardness is a unique in nature that nobody possessed since the boxing begun.

I honestly don't know what to say to this. Please drink some special Kool Aid.
gbh32001
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 5 2009, 02:39 PM) *
I honestly don't know what to say to this. Please drink some special Kool Aid.
HeHeHeHe..Above poster said that Floyd is a genius in the ring.A genius Floys is who dismantle Hatton at 10 rounds, what do you call Pacquiao then who smashed Hatton into pieces with in 5 minutes 59 seconds?A genius Floyd who eked a split decision to DeLa Hoya but Pacquiao made Oscar a punching bag and made him quit on his stool after 8 rounds of torments. Don't tell me that Oscar is a weight drained,perhaps we can settle it in the 1st to 2nd round where Oscar is a strong as a mule but Pacquiao made him look like an amateur. If anybody in this room called Floyd as a genius, what do you call Pacquiao?Am I wrong to say he is a special person?who possessed boxing skills who is a very awkward in nature that nobody have since the boxing begun?Nobody called Pacquiao the second coming of who or who...Pacquiao made his legacy as well as the like of Ali, Duran,Tyson,Dela Hoya without the shadow of former and present greats. Ortiz before he lost to Maidana tagged as the second coming of DelaHoya,JuanManuelLopez is the 2nd Tito Trinidad and the list will go on. Pacquiao made his name just like the rest of all time greats in the history of pugilism.
gbh32001
QUOTE (JaRaNDa @ Jul 5 2009, 04:57 PM) *
Pac is a good fighter who has improved in his overrall skills in the last couple of years, who has a more steady approach to his attack!

I'm just wondering since when has Pac all of a sudden become some type of elusive, slick, intelligant boxing calculator??People make him out to be Whitikar or something, the guy is a good presure fighter...stop with the delussion!

Really want Pac to get his head knocked off against ANYONE in his next fight!!
And the hate begins.....LoL, be careful what you wish for as Larry Merchant said post of delaHoya-Pacman. The Pac-Cotto is almost a done deal. You may wish that Cotto will knock the head off of Manny.GoodLuck!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Jul 5 2009, 10:02 AM) *
Am I wrong to say he is a special person?who possessed boxing skills who is a very awkward in nature that nobody have since the boxing begun?

No you are not wrong to say he is a special fighter I have said many times that he is a truly special fighter. As for his skills & awkward "nature" there have been plenty of more awkward skillful fighters in history. Manny Pac is Manny Pac no one else & he has fine skills but he is not some elusive defensive master who's punches have kicks like a bad tempered mule.

Pac is highly skilled & is a offensive machine but he is not a Pep or B.Leonard type of wizard of defense. He goes out & gets the job done in highly impressive fashion & is a wonderful posterboy for boxing.
torvix2000
It's ironic that Juan Manuel Marquez and Nacho Beristain were the ones who respect Pac. They haven't said anything about Pac's limitations. Sure, they "whine" about being robbed. But they don't belittle Pac's skills.
Keith
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Jul 4 2009, 11:31 PM) *

You just dont get it. Pac is a better overall package the JMM. He is great. Do you understand the plain speak? You never answered my question about ring IQ which indicates to me that you are unable to formulate a response that answers the question appropriately.

As much as I hate PBF, the man is a genius in the ring. He has never been beaten and has always found an answer in the ring for every problem he has faced. When have you seen PBF unable to figure out an opponent? If you want to argue about his level of competition save it for another thread.
torvix2000
Perhaps Floyd is a genius outside the ring. That's why he looks like a genius inside the ring. Everybody knows what this means.
Keith
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jul 5 2009, 08:40 AM) *
Perhaps Floyd is a genius outside the ring. That's why he looks like a genius inside the ring. Everybody knows what this means.

PBf is guilty as charged. That still doesnt prove he isnt a genius in the ring.
torvix2000
QUOTE (keith @ Jul 5 2009, 02:04 PM) *
PBf is guilty as charged. That still doesnt prove he isnt a genius in the ring.

I'm just imagining what could have happened if only Pac had a good trainer from the beginning.
JD
By virtue of being highly competitive with Pac, while giving away advantages in strength, speed, power, legs, and possibly stamina - one would likely have to say that Juan Manuel Marquez is a smarter fighter than Pacquiao.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Jul 4 2009, 10:02 PM) *
You're contradicting yourself my friend. An intelligent fighter will never be outbest by another fighter. JMM look intelligent because he survives the onslaught of Manny Pacquiao but that's not mean that he is more intelligent than Pac in the ring. Pac intelligence in the ring was understamated by everybody, but if you analyze it well, how come JMM did not win given the fact that he was given a rematch. He give Manny the hard time both match 1 and 2 but JMM failed twice to outsmart Manny. By virtue of the judge's error which the judge admit, JMM came to draw. He was given a second chance only to be 1 point below the score of the first encounter. Now, how he become more intelligent than Manny if he did not overcome the adversaries twice?Intelligence=The ability to comprehend; to understand and profit from experience, JMM failed twice in this difinition thus I will always say that he is one notch lower the intelligence of Pac in the ring.

Hey Douche bag, in a fight ring smarts can be over come if you are over matched physically. Basically, your contention is that smart fighters should never lose, and that is just ludicrous. I have no way other to describe you other than ' fucking moron'. This will be the last time I address you on this topic, since apparently you have the reasoning ability of an anchovy.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 5 2009, 09:47 AM) *
By virtue of being highly competitive with Pac, while giving away advantages in strength, speed, power, legs, and possibly stamina - one would likely have to say that Juan Manuel Marquez is a smarter fighter than Pacquiao.

Well sweet sassy molassy
Keith
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Jul 5 2009, 10:19 AM) *
Hey Douche bag, in a fight ring smarts can be over come if you are over matched physically. Basically, your contention is that smart fighters should never lose, and that is just ludicrous. I have no way other to describe you other than ' fucking moron'. This will be the last time I address you on this topic, since apparently you have the reasoning ability of an anchovy.

Rusty, thanks for saying what I felt like I wanted too. Maybe "gbh32001" is the secret formula for Massengill.
gbh32001
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Jul 5 2009, 10:19 PM) *
Given the fact that they are fighting thesame weight and experience(both are known to be champions of different weights), smart fighter always find a way to win wether their opponent is stronger physically. Your logic is contradicting yourself, how can he(JMM) became a smarter when he was lose to Pacquiao?
Smarter fighter never lose in a fight, intelligence can win a fight. Pacquiao give up all the physical advantage to Oscar yet he battered Oscar like a punching bag, that is ring intelligence my friend. And JMM is short of that to overcame Pacquiao and he did not only fail once but twice. If you can't bargain in arguments better yet go back to your study and comeback here when you are old enough to understand what is the meaning of logic.
gbh32001
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 5 2009, 09:47 PM) *
How come you are misleading by your own understanding? Even if you argue that Pac has all the advantage physically and JMM almost neutralized them Pac is still smarter than JMM because he never give up all those advantages to a point that JMM will overcome him. Even you turn the world upside down, you can't bend the fact that the ring smart of JMM was not enough to overcome the ring smart of Pacquiao. Remember that JMM only magnified because he is in the side mirror of Pacquiao.
JD
If that was the case, Zab Judah would have never won a fight.

And how exactly would you propose Pacquiao give up his punching power and speed advantage? By hitting Marquez softer and slower? How about hopping around slower...would that work?

Marquez was right there with Pacquiao both times, and many think he won both fights (I am not one of them), yet he had almost no advantages - outside of ring smarts and the style issue.
gbh32001
Mosley, Hopkins are the living example how they outsmart their opponents given the facts that the odds are against them.
Smarter fighter always win. Put this word on your head. Whoever wins in a boxing match is a smarter than the other, unless for a broad daylight robbery of course.
JD
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Jul 5 2009, 02:54 PM) *
Mosley, Hopkins are the living example how they outsmart their opponents given the facts that the odds are against them.
Smarter fighter always win. Put this word on your head. Whoever wins in a boxing match is a smarter than the other, unless for a broad daylight robbery of course.

No, the smarter fighter doesn't always win - to think there is such an absolute in the world of sports, especially boxing which can end at any second, shows a complete and total lack of understanding...as well as a great deal of naivety.

While you may have somehow arrived at the conclusion that a fighters actual physical attributes are thrown out the window and you need only look at who is smarter, it does not make it reality...in fact, it is far from reality. While a fighters ring smarts play a role, so do all the other things like...oh...I don't know, styles. Or handspeed. Maybe footspeed. Perhaps punching power. Potentially physical strength. Possibly size. Stamina could help. Age just might play a factor. Who knows, maybe even chin plays a factor.

The smartest fighter does not always win...unless of course you think Corrie Sanders and Lamon Brewster were smarter than Wlad. Or Felix Trinidad was smarter than Pernell Whitaker. Or Julio Cesar Vazquez was smarter than Winky Wright. Or Antonio Tarver was smarter than Roy Jones. Or Zab Judah was smarter than anyone he fought.

The deficit in all the physical attributes between Pacquiao and Marquez combined with the actual fights makes it pretty hard to argue that Pacquiao is a smarter fighter...unless of course you just subscribe to some asinine theory that smarter fighters ALWAYS win.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.