Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather injured by a lightweight amateur
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
thehype
MAYWEATHER INJURED BY A LIGHTWEIGHT AMATEUR

According to Jonny Stapleton of onthgrindboxing.com, Irish amateur boxer Robert Gorman was responsible for the rib injury that forced Floyd Mayweather Jr. to postpone his July 18th bout with Juan Manuel Marquez. Apparently, Team Mayweather personally invited Gorman to training camp after seeing him spar with rising super featherweight contender Yuriorkis Gamboa at the Top Rank gym. Before the young amateur knew it, he was trading leather and going toe-to-toe with the former pound-for-pound king.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content5188.html

Shit happens I guess...but damn...an amateur?????

I mean, even if you don't believe the story, it's fact that he was using the kid as a sparring partner.

Is that really a good look to be using amateurs when guys like Pacquiao are using experienced pros?
kidbazooka1
Im telling ya Marquez is gonna work his ass.
King Eugene
Hmmmmm....interesting. I've known Mayweather to take body shots pretty well. Welp we'll see come September.
Romulus9
I've been saying it since he was calling Mayweather out after the Diaz fight...

MARQUEZ KNOWS SOMETHING!

JMM is gonna get him, and it's gonna be great.

Of course, if Mayweather wins, he'll probably step up, do the right thing for the sport, and call out that amateur for his next fight in early 2010.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jul 3 2009, 06:45 AM) *
I've been saying it since he was calling Mayweather out after the Diaz fight...
Of course, if Mayweather wins, he'll probably step up, do the right thing for the sport, and call out that amateur for his next fight in early 2010.

On a 1 week late replacement notice period.
provo
LOL, ca mon people ,this amateur did not hurt mayweather ,this is just to sell tickets so everyone can believe that Marquez has a shot... and he's a 25 year old amateur ,when's he going pro???? This is just for hype ....Mayweather is going to tap tha ass!
BGv2.0
QUOTE (provo @ Jul 3 2009, 01:13 AM) *
LOL, ca mon people ,this amateur did not hurt mayweather ,this is just to sell tickets so everyone can believe that Marquez has a shot... and he's a 25 year old amateur ,when's he going pro???? This is just for hype ....Mayweather is going to tap tha ass!

As much as it pains me to say it.....I think this is the correct call!

All you have to do is look at the pics posted on the home page!!!

Look at the kid's face as opposed to PBF's!......he for sure looks the worse for wear.
AussieLad
The photo doesnt mean jack shit as you dont know when it was taken in relation to the injury, and it could have been he was taking a beating before sneaking in a lucky shot. Just because he hurt floyd doesnt mean he was dominating him
STEVENSKI
I wish he killed Floyd.
AussieLad
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 3 2009, 09:47 AM) *
I wish he killed Floyd.

Or at least caused him to lose control of his bowels... on video
caneman
I think the best thing for boxing would be Floyd KTFO...better yet, beat to a pulp for 12 solid rounds! Yep...what a hater huh?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jul 3 2009, 10:05 AM) *
Or at least caused him to lose control of his bowels... on video

I like the thought of him using one of these permanantly......

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 3 2009, 11:34 AM) *
I think the best thing for boxing would be Floyd KTFO...better yet, beat to a pulp for 12 solid rounds! Yep...what a hater huh?

Wanna hop on the wagon caneman?
Spyder
I think all that this story tells us is that the Irish are good body punchers. lol

In fact, when I heard that Mayweather got injured to the body I said to myself, "I bet some Mickey Ward type dude caught him with something."

Looking at that picture, you can tell that kid was getting hit in the face by everything that Floyd threw. Probably with his hands at his waist trying to dig at Mayweather's body. Good for him though. He did something as an amateur that he'll be able to brag about for the rest of his life.
Keith
"Yo fucking ribs! Who the fuck hurt yo ribs? A mutha fuckin Irish amateur ruined my summer! What the fuck man!"

On a side not...Mosley has to be licking his chops. When he is on his game, he can destroy the body.
The CEO
lol...Robert Gorman must be the most popular amateur boxer in the world right now...
Spyder
Seriously, I hope Robert Gorman gets some tail out of this.
Box in Hand
It's better to take your licks in training than in the ring. The more you bleed in training the less you bleed in battle. This gives May a chance to plug up his holes. Personally though, I think it's just a story to sell tickets. That kid got beat pretty bad in the face.
caneman
Yea, I should be added to the bandwagon Steve!!! I thould I would be by default settings!LOLZ!!!!
JD
Interesting angle...and straight marketing.

Leak that Floyd was hurt by not only a lightweight...but an amateur at that. Does this mean Marquez can hurt him? Does this mean Floyd is vulnerable? BUY IT AND FIND OUT!
Douchebag
I've been saying it for a long time. Floyd is a MASTER a pimping the press to sell his fights.
AussieLad
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 3 2009, 04:04 PM) *
Yea, I should be added to the bandwagon Steve!!! I thould I would be by default settings!LOLZ!!!!

I want on the hate wagon
torvix2000
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 3 2009, 05:05 PM) *
Interesting angle...and straight marketing.

Leak that Floyd was hurt by not only a lightweight...but an amateur at that. Does this mean Marquez can hurt him? Does this mean Floyd is vulnerable? BUY IT AND FIND OUT!

LOL!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 3 2009, 12:02 AM) *
MAYWEATHER INJURED BY A LIGHTWEIGHT AMATEUR

According to Jonny Stapleton of onthgrindboxing.com, Irish amateur boxer Robert Gorman was responsible for the rib injury that forced Floyd Mayweather Jr. to postpone his July 18th bout with Juan Manuel Marquez. Apparently, Team Mayweather personally invited Gorman to training camp after seeing him spar with rising super featherweight contender Yuriorkis Gamboa at the Top Rank gym. Before the young amateur knew it, he was trading leather and going toe-to-toe with the former pound-for-pound king.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content5188.html

Shit happens I guess...but damn...an amateur?????

I mean, even if you don't believe the story, it's fact that he was using the kid as a sparring partner.

Is that really a good look to be using amateurs when guys like Pacquiao are using experienced pros?

Why not mix it up??Benny Leonard would go to amateur fights and watch amateurs spar just to see if he could find any new moves or anything else that could work..Whether it be something done on accident or not..Amateurs fight for pride so instead of going to a pro who is just money hungry,why not go to a amateur who is just hungry to get in there??
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 5 2009, 02:19 AM) *
Why not mix it up??Benny Leonard would go to amateur fights and watch amateurs spar just to see if he could find any new moves or anything else that could work..Whether it be something done on accident or not..Amateurs fight for pride so instead of going to a pro who is just money hungry,why not go to a amateur who is just hungry to get in there??

excellent point blaze....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.