Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: just a thought
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
good article on wlad. but its the extra note at the end of the article

i dedicate this post to kidbazooka that questioned my timing on what i had to say about his all of a sudden favorite fighter alexis arguello... i seem to not be the only person thinking that foul play was a foot in alexis's supposed suicide...
Byrd Man
The guy saying he's never seen a suicide by shot to the chest is just stupid. I've heard of many instances of that.

Just by quickly googling:

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=16569178

The following quote came from: Forensic science international ISSN 0379-0738 CODEN FSINDR

Gunshot wounds in the heart are frequent suicidal injuries, especially in men. Most of them are lethal, but some cases of survival due to immediate and proper surgical treatment are reported. However, survival without specific treatment is extremely rare.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jul 4 2009, 04:50 PM) *
The guy saying he's never seen a suicide by shot to the chest is just stupid. I've heard of many instances of that.

Just by quickly googling:

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=16569178

The following quote came from: Forensic science international ISSN 0379-0738 CODEN FSINDR

you right byrdman but arguello didnt kill himself...
Byrd Man
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 4 2009, 05:02 PM) *
you right byrdman but arguello didnt kill himself...

Oh so you were there? Were you peeking in the window when someone shot him?

I'm not saying he did or didn't. Without trying to sound heartless or "Dickish" I just don't care. The man's dead, and there's nothing that will change that. If he was murdered, hopefully the person who did it will be caught and punished.

But too often people who are fans of someone who kills themself refuses to acknowledge that fact and keeps trying to come up with more reasons why the person really didn't do it.

The person who wrote that article knows nothing about suicidal or depressed people, and it shows MASSIVELY.

No offense intended to anyone who's a fan of Arguello.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jul 4 2009, 07:23 PM) *
Oh so you were there? Were you peeking in the window when someone shot him?

I'm not saying he did or didn't. Without trying to sound heartless or "Dickish" I just don't care. The man's dead, and there's nothing that will change that. If he was murdered, hopefully the person who did it will be caught and punished.

But too often people who are fans of someone who kills themself refuses to acknowledge that fact and keeps trying to come up with more reasons why the person really didn't do it.

The person who wrote that article knows nothing about suicidal or depressed people, and it shows MASSIVELY.

No offense intended to anyone who's a fan of Arguello.

nope wasnt there... wouldnt want to be... but my common sense is telling me that he didnt kill himself by shooting himself in the chest.... most people that want to die take it to the dome... come on the guy was died in a almost 3rd world country... if you believe he killed himself.. well i wont judge you but i will never believe that... i also feel that the way countries like that cover stuff up for money we will never really know.. but i am confident in knowing in my mind that the guy didnt kill himself.. this is a clear case of murder...
Byrd Man
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 4 2009, 07:05 PM) *
nope wasnt there... wouldnt want to be... but my common sense is telling me that he didnt kill himself by shooting himself in the chest.... most people that want to die take it to the dome... come on the guy was died in a almost 3rd world country... if you believe he killed himself.. well i wont judge you but i will never believe that... i also feel that the way countries like that cover stuff up for money we will never really know.. but i am confident in knowing in my mind that the guy didnt kill himself.. this is a clear case of murder...

you're entitled to your opinion....

But one last thing, in response to your "Most people that want to die take it to the dome" is obviously YOUR opinion. If you'll look back at the quote that I gave you from a Scientific publication, it read: Gunshot wounds in the heart are frequent suicidal injuries, especially in men.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jul 4 2009, 09:11 PM) *
you're entitled to your opinion....

But one last thing, in response to your "Most people that want to die take it to the dome" is obviously YOUR opinion. If you'll look back at the quote that I gave you from a Scientific publication, it read: Gunshot wounds in the heart are frequent suicidal injuries, especially in men.

i understand your view but arguello didnt commit suiside.. i wasnt there to say for sure but i feel confident in saying that foul play was afoot in his death...
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 4 2009, 05:36 PM) *
good article on wlad. but its the extra note at the end of the article

i dedicate this post to kidbazooka that questioned my timing on what i had to say about his all of a sudden favorite fighter alexis arguello... i seem to not be the only person thinking that foul play was a foot in alexis's supposed suicide...

Damn your even dedicating your posts to me now. LOL thanks.

Arguello has awlays been one of my favorite fighters not my favorite but one of. Anybody here who knows me could tell you that my all time fav is Chavez not Arguello but you know what it's not even about him being one of my favorites your past comments about Arguello being a junkie were just flat out disrespectful i don't give a f*ck what you say or what articles you post to try and justify yourself.

And as far as him being murdered or not who knows just because you say your condfident about it doesn't make it anymore true.
Byrd Man
MANAGUA, Nicaragua -- Investigators have released new evidence that points to suicide in the death of former boxing champion and Managua mayor Alexis Arguello.

The rising star of the governing Sandinista party, a movement he once bitterly opposed, died at his home of a single gunshot to the chest early Wednesday.

Assistant judicial police chief Glenda Zavala says traces of gunpowder were found on the 57-year-old Arguello's hands, suggesting he shot himself. There were no other signs of violence in the room where he was found.

Nicaraguans formed long lines Thursday at an open-casket ceremony at the Palacio de la Cultura in the capital. The Hall of Fame boxer was best known for his classic brawl with Aaron Pryor in 1982, which Ring Magazine called the "Fight of the Decade."
EirbinX
The doesn't mean shit. thats why they would sprinkle crack on ppl and they say the murder was drug related. i agree with jluv something is jus not right here he's jus gonna al of a sudden be depressed and shoot himself jus like that i havent heard he has a history of depression. he was never "Depressed" or "Suicidal" IMO
Byrd Man
QUOTE (EirbinX @ Jul 5 2009, 01:50 PM) *
The doesn't mean shit. thats why they would sprinkle crack on ppl and they say the murder was drug related. i agree with jluv something is jus not right here he's jus gonna al of a sudden be depressed and shoot himself jus like that i havent heard he has a history of depression. he was never "Depressed" or "Suicidal" IMO

seriously? Did you know ANYTHING about the man? I mean, I don't, I'll be honest, but even I knew that aspect.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas...icaragua.mayor/

A 1985 profile of Arguello in Sports Illustrated painted a picture of a troubled man with extremes of wealth and bankruptcy, who found calm only in boxing. The story said that in the middle of a brief retirement in 1984, Arguello contemplated killing himself with an automatic pistol.

and here's that SI story:

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...040/1/index.htm

In 1984, when Alexis Arguello was 32, he sat on his boat in the ocean one morning and stared down the black shaft of a loaded automatic pistol. It was as good a place as any to die.

A.J. sat across from him, crying, begging him not to do it.

and....

http://www.suntimes.com/news/obituaries/16...xargu02.article

Mr. Arguello, 57, had spoken publicly of his struggle with depression, alcohol and drug use.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (EirbinX @ Jul 5 2009, 03:50 PM) *

http://www.suntimes.com/news/obituaries/16...xargu02.article

you beat me to the punch Byrd man
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (EirbinX @ Jul 5 2009, 03:50 PM) *

o've known his history of depresion and suicidal tendacies.. that is not new news.. but i will never believe he comitted suicide.. he very may well have but i dont believe he did..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.