Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Billy Collins Jr. and Luis Resto
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
EirbinX
Well, HBO is doing a documentary on this fight i looked it up and seen what happen (im only 20 so dont heckle me for not knowing about it). It Premieres August 1st so check it and further Ellaborate wat happened to them after ths fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZNk77X_Wxw
Box in Hand
This is one of those really dark events in boxing history. I think that after this fight any fighter who laced their gloves should recieve a lifetime ban (Margarito).
Spyder
That's gonna be good.

HBO does a GREAT job with almost everything they do.
BGv2.0
You would think Boxing as a sport would have learned from such a dark event in its history.....but no....instead $$$ talks and rules it from the top down....and the sport now lets guys that plaster cast their hands keep fighting, hell even gives them a high ranking.....let's guys with dangerous blood infections fight for the title.

I swear.....as a "fan"....the last couple of years have disgusted me....and honestly makes me wonder why I hang around.

I will say my interest in the sport as a whole has wained.

You still have your moments of spectacular instances that makes you a believer and helps you keep the faith.....but they are becoming few and far between. IF boxing ever does almost dry up and die....it has nothing but it's own greed and BS to blame for its demise.
Jack 1000
I cannot wait to see this,

Anyone who condoned a soft punishment for Margarito like Arum and the WBC should revisit this documentary. It sounds very powerful and will most certainly be told with the type of seriousness and impact, which will allow people to see how serious illegal fighting with tampered gloves is. Margarito should have gotten the same punishment as Resto and his team. That is a lifetime ban and where it really means a lifetime ban. Not some six month suspension bullshit!

Jack

PS. Wikipedia has a section about Luis Resto, who's trainer Panama Lewis was involved in tampering with Billy Collins' gloves. (Lewis has had other controversal incidents in the past, the infamous "Give me the other bottle, the one I mixed.") during the Pryor-Arguello I fight. Here is info about Luis Resto and the Collins fight:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Resto_(b...ins_Jr_Incident

And Panama Lewis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama_Lewis
Box in Hand
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 6 2009, 02:19 PM) *
You would think Boxing as a sport would have learned from such a dark event in its history.....but no....instead $$$ talks and rules it from the top down....and the sport now lets guys that plaster cast their hands keep fighting, hell even gives them a high ranking.....let's guys with dangerous blood infections fight for the title.

I swear.....as a "fan"....the last couple of years have disgusted me....and honestly makes me wonder why I hang around.

I will say my interest in the sport as a whole has wained.

You still have your moments of spectacular instances that makes you a believer and helps you keep the faith.....but they are becoming few and far between. IF boxing ever does almost dry up and die....it has nothing but it's own greed and BS to blame for its demise.

Boxing is still the greatest sport on the planet but man does it have it's share of tragedies. This was one of them. Winning should never take take the place of common sense and morality but it does. It happens in all sports but in combat lacing gloves should be punished to the utmost which is why I will always root against Margarito. He knew what was in those wraps and deserves a lifetime ban. The Resto Collins fight is prime example of what happens.
JLUVBABY
[quote name='EirbinX' date='Jul 6 2009, 12:26 PM' post='443375']
Well, HBO is doing a documentary on this fight i looked it up and seen what happen (im only 20 so dont heckle me for not knowing about it).

how could you know about that fight and only be 20 yungsta, you werent around when that happened...lol... if anybody gives you flack on that its ridiculous... if you want to learn the sport stay on this site and sites like it and ask about the old school fighters that some of us had the chance to see or have on film... my fight library goes all the way back to jack johnson.... hopefully we can start a trade off (all of us on the site) of fight film and get you a boxing library started plus build on our own libraries... i was about 12 or 13 when i started mine back in 87 or 88...

EirbinX
how could you know about that fight and only be 20 yungsta, you werent around when that happened...lol... if anybody gives you flack on that its ridiculous... if you want to learn the sport stay on this site and sites like it and ask about the old school fighters that some of us had the chance to see or have on film... my fight library goes all the way back to jack johnson.... hopefully we can start a trade off (all of us on the site) of fight film and get you a boxing library started plus build on our own libraries... i was about 12 or 13 when i started mine back in 87 or 88...
[/quote]

lol well u know how some ppl are when they know more about boxing than you. i dont go way back like that but i do remember watching my first fight which was holyfield-tyson. after that i couldn't stop watching, and my pops having an illegal cable box helped watch them to
EirbinX
QUOTE (EirbinX @ Jul 7 2009, 08:11 PM) *

lol well u know how some ppl are when they know more about boxing than you. i dont go way back like that but i do remember watching my first fight which was holyfield-tyson. after that i couldn't stop watching, and my pops having an illegal cable box helped me watch them too

Keith
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 7 2009, 07:34 PM) *

How do you acquire your films?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (keith @ Jul 7 2009, 07:36 PM) *
How do you acquire your films?

i got a lot of them by trade on sites like this one... i got a lot of my older film back years ago when i was posting on hbo fight forum... thats been probably 7 or 8 years ago... but ordering online i got some and just catching all the fight cards on t.v.. i had a friend in england i used to trade with but he sold his collection... in all i cant tell you how many fights i have on vhs and dvd but i can tell you as of maybe 10 years or so ago i had over 2000 for sure thats why i was saying we should start a fight film trade type deal on here... we could all benefit... the biggest thing about it is getting burned by people... i never had that problem because i only traded or bought from certain people but i would like to think that we are a tight enough community on here that nobody needs to steal a few fights... its all done on a trust basis...
BGv2.0
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 7 2009, 08:53 PM) *
i got a lot of them by trade on sites like this one... i got a lot of my older film back years ago when i was posting on hbo fight forum... thats been probably 7 or 8 years ago... but ordering online i got some and just catching all the fight cards on t.v.. i had a friend in england i used to trade with but he sold his collection... in all i cant tell you how many fights i have on vhs and dvd but i can tell you as of maybe 10 years or so ago i had over 2000 for sure thats why i was saying we should start a fight film trade type deal on here... we could all benefit... the biggest thing about it is getting burned by people... i never had that problem because i only traded or bought from certain people but i would like to think that we are a tight enough community on here that nobody needs to steal a few fights... its all done on a trust basis...

I'd be willing to give away my VHS masters if somebody would convert them to DVD for me....between my fight collection and my rare horror film collection....I cannot convert fast enough.

The bad thing is that being this close to the gulf in South TX....the humidity KILLS VHS tapes......I myself have only lost a couple as I have my entire collection packed with silicon packets to insure that they stay in good shape.

BUT I know masters are something that people are always interested in as DVD to DVD is pretty crappy quality as compared to VHS master to DVD.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 7 2009, 08:53 PM) *

Hey J,
I have some pretty good fights on DVD too so we should all definately get together and swap.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 8 2009, 02:17 AM) *
I'd be willing to give away my VHS masters if somebody would convert them to DVD for me....between my fight collection and my rare horror film collection....I cannot convert fast enough.

The bad thing is that being this close to the gulf in South TX....the humidity KILLS VHS tapes......I myself have only lost a couple as I have my entire collection packed with silicon packets to insure that they stay in good shape.

BUT I know masters are something that people are always interested in as DVD to DVD is pretty crappy quality as compared to VHS master to DVD.

i might be pretty close to you bg... what part of texas are you from?... im from beaumont texas...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 8 2009, 09:48 AM) *
Hey J,
I have some pretty good fights on DVD too so we should all definately get together and swap.

i'm right down i-10 from you box we can get together when ever, i'm out there a lot because of family members their, actually katy, but i have friends out there too... most of my fights are on vhs cuzz of when i started the collection... i only started putting them to dvd maybe a year or 2 ago... but i want to get a dvd vhs recorder while my vhs tapes are still good...
Box in Hand
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 8 2009, 04:59 PM) *
i'm right down i-10 from you box we can get together when ever, i'm out there a lot because of family members their, actually katy, but i have friends out there too... most of my fights are on vhs cuzz of when i started the collection... i only started putting them to dvd maybe a year or 2 ago... but i want to get a dvd vhs recorder while my vhs tapes are still good...

Cool, I will always keep my VCR so I'll take copies on VHS. Mine are on DVD and I can make copies no sweat. I have old Sugar Ray Robinson, Archie Moore, etc. I have all the memorable trilogies and more. I got your info and will try to hit you up this week or when you get back.
uppercutking
Hi, this is my first time posting, but I have many old VHS tapes and almost all of Tyson's fights on VHS. Can anyone tell me how or what do I do to convert them? When is comes to electronics I am very bad. Thanks! By the way does anyone know of or how, or where I can find classic fights on tape? Dempsey, Ray Robinson, Willie Pep? Thanks Ben!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.