Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Agbeko v.s Darchinyan Preview
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Both can bang, but can be hit as well. I am taking Vic by KO in 9, but I have a feeling he might have to come off the canvas himself before getting the KO. I expect the potential for a war is strong in this fight!

Jack
STEVENSKI
I hope Vic pulls this one off. I don't think this is going the full 12 though as someone is getting hurt. Vic may be stepping up too high in weight but you can't fault the guys confidence in himself.
AussieLad
I think people are giving agbeko too much credit. His resume is weak at best. He has a chin, and he can bang... but his footwork is shit, he is off balance, he is slow for someone in such a low weight division, and his defence is shit

What i think vic has too watch out for is agbeko's head. He leads with his head alot, and there is a real possibility of a clash and a cut when you factor in darchinyans aggressive come forward style. But, leading with his head down means that he is open for a big uppercut like vic landed on mijares.

Agbeko may last the distance because he has a good chin, and can take some punnishment, but i expect domination by vic
Blayde
I expect Darchinyan to kinda outbox Agbeko landing his left again and again. Possibly that will be too mich for Agbeko in the later rounds. But Im not sure. I havent seen much from Agbeko. At least hes probably the bigger man and his aggressive power punching style is a pretty interesting matchup for Darchinyan.
AussieLad
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Agbeko really impressed me against Perez a couple years back. He brings the pressure and has some power in there. However, Darchinyan has improved a lot in the last couple years, and has had impressive victories over Mijares, Arce, and Kirilov. He's not as wild as he used to be so he's not as open for the wide shots Agbeko will throw. Darchinyan has a ton of power, so I think it will be a matter of time before he catches Agbeko with too many bombs. I'll take Darchinyan by KO in the 5th.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jul 7 2009, 04:46 AM) *

lol.. i couldnt understand a word either of these two cats where saying...lol... it should be a good fight tho.. lookin forward to it...
D-MARV
Should be a GREAT scrap. Im leaning towards Vic by SD.
The CEO
Can you believe Victor Ortiz calls himself "Vicious"?...lol

"Vicious" Vic Darchinyan by TKO in the 8th....it will be an impressive showing.
gbh32001
I'll be upset to Vic if he can't knock out Agbeko in four(4).
JD
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Jul 9 2009, 09:43 AM) *
I'll be upset to Vic if he can't knock out Agbeko in four(4).

It depends who is smarter.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 9 2009, 08:44 AM) *

Agreed JD,

And who has the better chin to swallow hard punches. Darchinyan always seems so awkward and open to me, but I think they may have been working on his defense since the Donaire fight, (which is the rematch we all want to see!) This one could come down to who hits the other with his hard shot first. Don't get something to eat during this one!

Jack
Keith
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 9 2009, 09:44 AM) *

yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif
Absolutely agree. The smarter fighter will win and that will be .... Vic by KO.
torvix2000
I thought some people think that if the fighter has the physical advantages that if he wins then it's more because of his physical advantages.

GBH and JD's theory: The smarter fighter always wins regardless of ...
AussieLad
If a fighter has significant physical advantages, ie height and reach, or in the case of pac vs marquez, speed and power adv to pac... and yet somehow the fight is close enough that it could have gone either way... then the less advantaged fighter may indeed may have be smarter in order to compensate for their physical short comings

I see agbeko has come in a full 1 and half pounds under the limit. He must be working on his speed and not emhasizing his size advantage. So he wont blow up as much between the weigh in and fight. Vic is gonna give him a going over. Agbeko's only shot was trying to overwhelm vic with size and toughness
JD
LOL...I love the theory that "a smarter fighter always wins", regardless of every other factor.

Awesome!
Romulus9
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 11 2009, 09:41 AM) *
LOL...I love the theory that "a smarter fighter always wins", regardless of every other factor.

Awesome!

If that was the case, why wasn't Bobby Czyz undefeated?

Jack 1000
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 11 2009, 08:41 AM) *

Awesome!

No the funniest one for me was I have a really good boxing friend and he used to get a lot of international fights from like Thailand and stuff from outside collectors, but he didn't know much about them cuz they fought outside the USA. So, people would say to my friend, "who's gonna win?" and he would have no idea, he would always take the fighter with the longer harder to pronounce name! hahahaha.

So if it was like, "Smith vs, Abacanduto" or something or something and he had never seen either guy fight before, he would say in predicting:

"Abacanduto, way better fighter. I like his name!"

Jack
JD
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jul 11 2009, 03:02 PM) *
If that was the case, why wasn't Bobby Czyz undefeated?

Ask GBH.

Bobby Czyz is one smart mofo...except when he drinks.
STAB
where are those moronic aussies now??? thinking that their raging bullshit is unbeatable!!! got owned twice now!!! hahaha.
STAB
i was a reader... now im learning to post... just waiting for my moment... fuck.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (STAB @ Jul 12 2009, 09:31 AM) *
where are those moronic aussies now??? thinking that their raging bullshit is unbeatable!!! got owned twice now!!! hahaha.

Right here Stab. Why did you chose that name? Is it because you enjoy getting stabbed in the arse by shemales?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.